cal's monster class deux

1,376,389 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]wow...that is a very strong field[/SIZE]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;gunuRcWWlRM][/video]

love yourz (there's beauty in the struggle)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]eat, drink and be merry
and then go to the mens and women's basketball game on friday[/SIZE]

petalumabear
HoopDreams;842767044 said:

[SIZE=5]eat, drink and be merry
and then go to the mens and women's basketball game on friday[/SIZE]

Amen Hoop. I'll be there with my son. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Shocky1
what up jordan?

looking forward to watching you for the 1st time in person this saturday, are you gonna demand the ball & impose your will on the game or what?

richard midgley told me at the uc irvine game that you got a slightly more advanced offensive game (but not as strong defensively) as ivan rabb as 5 star all americans entering your high school junior seasons

yeah if you hear someone yelling "go all the way up, go bears" that would be me...i dunno maybe coach will bring earplugs or something:headbang

Shocky1;842732901 said:

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/09/10th-annual-nor-cal-tip-off-classic.html

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the 2017 nor cal tip off classic on saturday november 26th at newark memorial high school got the following exciting match ups involving key cal basketball recruits:

5:30 pm capital christian (tolu jacobs yaffa) vs bishop alemany
7:00 pm newark memorial vs woodcreek (jordan brown)
8:30 pm bishop o'dowd (elijah hardy & naseem gaskin coached by up lou richie) vs bishop montgomery (david singleton)

the shockster's attendance will be contingent on the cal vs ucla football starting time that day at memorial stadium, might have to take an fueled up uber helicopter from berkeley to newark...or maybe i could carpool with coach martin, save gas/reduce our global footprint on earth & **** like that

let's be real here, if i'm not at the classic jordan brown is gonna be understandably very upset:bravo

represent nor cal#
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842766872 said:

and I will be there...wouldn't miss the Tip-Off Classic, the premiere NorCal HS basketball event until the State Tourney....last year Jordan was TRIPLE teamed and he still got 26pts...

pat, that's great to hear you'll be there too & hopefully seeing you again...looking forward to your hopefully posting here your thoughts on all the cal targeted prospects including superstar kyree walker, the #2 ranked player in the 2020 class for the moreau catholic mariners (coached up by frank knight)...mc plays immanuel (reedley) at 3:45 pm

warning: do not watch this video if you got a heart condition or any **** like that, not gonna be responsible for that, you've been warned

[video=youtube;2UimnJvKzag][/video]
Shocky1
arizona wildcats (5-0) struggled in bucking off 69-61 the santa clara broncos in vegas...our former next door neighbor freshman point guard matt hauser distributed 8 assists, 6 boards & 5 points for santa clara...matt got a 4.0 gpa, his mom played for fresno state & later coached mater dei to several california state girl's basketball championships & he once drove his tee shot over the green on the 329 yard par 4 2nd hole at my summer golf club forest highlands in flagstaff...great family that loves basketball (guys who love basketball like matt who put up 500+ shots a day continue to develop & get better, guys who got other priorities plateau in their careers)

stanford cardinals (4-1) franchise stud travis reid got contained to 11 points as the cards got wind whipped 67-53 by the miami hurricanes...the bears gotta gameplan to provide defensive weakside support on reid, if he doesn't go off stanford is limited offensively...former cal recruit 6'7" 200 lbs sophmore cameron walker is an absolute bust at this point playing only 3 minutes & 2 points, he got crooked azz shooting

ucla bruins (4-0) emergency landed 99-77 the portland pilots who lit it up shooting 43.8% on 3 pointers...ucla may lead the nation in scoring but relentless intensity d wins championships & rapist enabler steve alford has yet to prove that's in his bag of tricks...ruh roh

uc davis aggies (4-2) got agricultured 86-58 by the weber state wildcats who shot 55.4% on field goals & 52% on 3 pointers at the great alaska shootout...the postgame grilled salmon with a lite lemon sauce was apparently very tasty/healthy

gunner khadeen carrington got 28 points as the seton hall pirates (3-1) got swamp drowned at dizzyworld 81-76 by the florida gators...seton hall has little depth as 69 of the 76 points came from 4 pirates, the bears gotta gameplan scheme with fearless roger moute a bidias chasing carrington at the pearl harbor classic
Shocky1

the wyoming cowboys (3-1) are a mentally tough team that competed relentlessly with the bears last season in cal's 78-72 overtime victory in freezing azz laramie (the team took a luxury bus to travel 500 yards from the hilton garden inn to the arena instead of walking thru the ice & snow like the shockster)...the game was chippy with ex coach larry shyatt talking **** with coach martin in the walk thru line after the game accusing our d of being "dirty"

trust me wyoming is gonna be seeking revenge tonite at 8:00 pm at haas pavillion & they're not intimidated by the bears at all...misinformed fans who think this will be anything but a physical battle clearly don't understand the history between these 2 teams

wyoming is led by 6'5" 195 lbs senior jason mcmanamen (17 ppg despite only 30.8% on field goals & 29% on 3 pointers, bears cannot let him attack the basket as he knocks down 87.5% of his free throws, need to force him to shoot from the perimeter), 6'7" 180 lbs justin james (14.3 ppg with 51% on field goals), 6'5" 205 lbs sweede alexander aka gorski (11.3% & the cowboy's best 3 point threat at 45.5% behind the line, gotta know where the shooter is at all times), 6'9" 210 lbs alex herndon (9.5 ppg & a 6 rpg) & 6'8" 185 lbs hayden dalton (8.8 ppg & a team high 7 rpg)

the key to the game will be for the bears guards & wings to feed young ivee, kam & king down low to take advantage of cal's interior post size advantage, if they opt to instead just aimlessly pass the ball around the perimeter without penetration before jacking up off balance jumpers it's gonna be a long nite in berkeley

ivan, are you gonna demand the ******* ball & impose your will on the game or what?

let's do this:tree
Shocky1

gotta be honest with you, wyoming needs to update their mascot from that ugly azz cowboy joe to a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach...laramie may not be cali but their fans deserve better even if they don't live on the best coast

Shocky1;842727751 said:

along with coach webster eating all mom's homemade peanut butter cookies, wyoming & santa clara have done in home visits with trevin knell this week

yeah trevin is the guy to the right, like jemarl & alan crabbe he can shoot the long range money thx to his consistent work ethic of putting up 500+ (sometimes 1000) shots every single day...crooked azz shooting is not a fate, it's a choice based upon one's priority's in life, trevin has made the choice to develop into one of the nation's most elite high school shooters

no chance the dude (cowboy joe) on the left is ever gonna get thru security at the airport, that's not gonna happen with tsa keeping a close eye on things

4.00 gpa true student athlete (trevin, not that dumb azz cowboy joe)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (the road less traveled)#:gobears:
HoopDreams

Shocky1
6'9" 210 lbs with a 7'2" wingspan 5 star kenny wooten has decided to enroll in college next semester, his finalists are cal, kansas, oregon, usc & arizona

wooten was a cal lean at the end of august but now he's probably gonna sign with the jayhawks unless he decides that his family participating in his college experience on gamedays in berkeley & the education of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world is a big part of his values

some guys embrace the academic challenge of cal & some guys just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball, who are you kenny?...are you gonna take life's hurdles straight on or are you gonna try to go around them?

puget sound cal fan
Wooten or Washington would be a nice addition at PF for the Bears. Still looking for a SF, too?
Shocky1
puget sound cal fan;842767325 said:

Wooten or Washington would be a nice addition at PF for the Bears. Still looking for a SF, too?

kenny wooten is an uber athletic 2017 4 that wants to play the 3 at the next level (the nba) & warren washington is a 2018 3/4 that got ball/shooting skills as a nightmare mismatch 3 with length but lacks the strength to play the 4 at this time

the staff is looking for another (or 2) slashing/shooting 3 for the cal's all the way up class (2017), the starting position is gonna be wide upon jabari's graduation
NVBear78
Shocky1;842767345 said:

kenny wooten is an uber athletic 2017 4 that wants to play the 3 at the next level (the nba) & warren washington is a 2018 3/4 that got ball/shooting skills as a nightmare mismatch 3 with length but lacks the strength to play the 4 at this time

the staff is looking for another slashing/shooting 3s for the cal's all the way up class (2017), the starting position is gonna be wide upon jabari's graduation

We need three (3) more recruits for next season. Who will they be???
Shocky1

what cal basketball player most looks like someone from my mutt family?

that would be new zealander penina davidson who looks like a distant cousin or something, enjoyed watching penina play this afternoon at haas pavillion while ivan "demand the ******* ball" rabb supported his montera middle school girl asha thomas as the california golden bears (5-0) did not hibernate in dining on the san francisco dons 75-52...in 21 minutes she had 8 points on 4-7 field goals, a monster block that had the crowd buzzing, a clever assist along with an active 5 boards & only 1 turnover...also learned that her bro isaac is playing ball this season as an incoming freshman for them sonoma state seawolves

penina is in the best shape of her life, more athletic & bouncy, & is also rocking a very sophisticated (and fun) hairstyle, unlike coach martin she got good hair

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including auckland)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

it's very important that when visiting the world's most uber elite private golf clubs including those in new zealand that one conducts themselves with the greatest etiquette & respect for the local traditions

luckily for me my cal berkeley degree/experience has taught me better than that, be true to your authentic self/celebrate your days on planet earth (they are gonna be limited)

all grown up (with a flat stomach)#

Shocky1;842759325 said:

after playing 90 holes at tara iti golf club (north of auckland) & doing the hang with developer/billionaire ric kayne (stanford grad, good guy), my new zealand rankings are revised as follows:

1) cape kidnappers, tom doak's epic masterpiece with 1000 foot cliffs

2) tara iti, imaginative doak design north of auckland thru the sand dunes with a tight walkable routing

3) kauri cliffs, julian robertson's visionary resort with a very good (but not great) design despite spectacular aesthetics

4) paraparamu beach, wellington's thinking man's understated gem with strategic options & quirky greensites

5) titirangi, alistar mackenzie's only design in new zealand follows the land with minimalist construction

shocky down under#:p
concordtom
Shocky1;842767275 said:

6'9" 210 lbs with a 7'2" wingspan 5 star kenny wooten has decided to enroll in college next semester, his finalists are cal, kansas, oregon, usc & arizona

If he came to Cal, could he play THIS season?
Shocky1
concordtom;842767386 said:

If he came to Cal, could he play THIS season?

yes
Shocky1

left to right, roger "the night hunter" moute a bidias, charlie "19 paul bbq" moore, sir kingsley okoroh, ivan "the punching bag" rabb & grant "wall street" mullins

the 3 key factors in tonite's tough battle victory against them wyoming cowboys centered around energy:

1) rmb leading the defensive intensity to shut down the cowboys leading scorer jason mcmanamen (held to 2-10 field goals & only 6 points) & his bonus offensive infusion of 12 points, coach martin needs to get roger on the court more than 19 minutes as he's earned more playing time...if the bird man isn't ready to roll this sunday, roger should be in the starting line up

2) the king relentlessly blocked 5 shots & altered another half a dozen in leading cal's critical d lockdown surges which changed the outcome of the game, he's cal's version of a drug free robert upshaw who messes up opponents efforts to do damage in the paint...next step is that okoroh gotta be better prepared & positioned for entry passes/scoring opportunities...neither kam (had ice on his knee after the game) or king finished well tonite in the paint against undersized defenders

3) charlie's dynamic scoring during the cal runs & efforts to feed ivan lob/entry passes, other guys still aren't getting the job done in assertively getting the ball to our all american

ivan, malik pope was pushing/shoving you during the san diego state game & tonite the cowboys were literally holding you at times, it's not fair & i don't know why the otherwise whistle happy refs aren't calling that **** but you gotta stay focused & positive in your body language, your teammates are looking to you for leadership cues...if you get too frustrated with your body language it hurts the team's energy, ok?

this team continues to be a work in process, young ivee is not only recovering from a toe injury but is still building strength from his bout with mono...jabari bird told me during the early pregame warmups that he tried to go on sunday but had a setback 30 minutes into practice & that he doesn't know when he will return, he's day to day...brandon chauca told he's gonna get his cast off next week, if my favorite filipino/peruvian basketball player can sniper 3 pointers, we need his offensive production

also a special shout to wyoming head coach larry allen who got a technical for crying like a sorry azz broken down little bitch, another technical for not registering all his players with the official scorer, mentored his player to another technical near the end of the game & got rabbit ears in looking at me when i yelled at him "he did it (got a t) for you coach, are you happy now?"

i get it, everybody wants the bears to win by 40+ points with young ivee dominating with 30+ points but that's not how things work, life is not linear & there's beauty in the struggle...we got enemies, we got a lotta enemies, there are people who are tryna drain us our energy

let's do this#
brj1
I thought Cal's spacing on offense was very poor tonight. This caused turnovers because players were making entry passes at poor angles and in tight spaces, which made the score unnecessarily tight down the stretch. Until they figure this out, Raab would do well become more of a factor off the ball so his teammates become less fixated on dumping the ball down low on every possession. This means, players like Domingo need to be more assertive and quit deferring to players of lesser talent.
On a side note, on the technical foul called on Wyoming in the final minutes when they were on their end of the court, I was almost certain the refs were T' ing up the fan sitting court side for his excessively bright fuchsia shirt.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;bzPeNSNZ-EQ][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;uT1XATM99CQ][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;T1hjuvCVUWk][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;vNzmb_wh5NU][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;0SlmpNLbm0I][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]pac 12 has some elite freshmen talent this year
charlie moore is absolutely one of them
plays under control, high hoops IQ, makes the right play over and over, has an array of shots, 3s, pull up jumpers, floaters...
EIGHTEEN points, SIX assists, THREE steals[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
brj1;842767569 said:

On a side note, on the technical foul called on Wyoming in the final minutes when they were on their end of the court, I was almost certain the refs were T' ing up the fan sitting court side for his excessively bright fuchsia shirt.

[SIZE=5]yeah, shocky's shirt also contributed to wyoming shooting 29% in the first half ... blinded them...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Elijah Hardy[/COLOR] again spotted inside Haas to watch his former teammate, Ivan Rabb
Elijah would be a great pickup for the Bears in 2018[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Hardy is a slick left-handed point guard who impacts the game in a variety of ways. He has a tremendous burst in transition and advances the ball very well without over handling the basketball. While in transition he can attack the rim or pull-up and nail the mid-range jump shot. He scores in the paint with a floater and it's potent. He can nail the 3-point shot as well, though it is more a set shot. In the half court set he whips passes around (quick wrists) and his snap-like passes are on the money. While attacking the defense he changes speeds very well to keep defenders off balance. Defensively, he slides his feet very well and has active hands.

Heading into his sophomore campaign, Hardy is arguably one of the three best point guard prospects on the west coast 2016 behind Lonzo Ball and 2017 Jaylen Hands.[/SIZE]
Shocky1
trevin, glad you could make the trip from salt lake city to berkeley tonite, we needed your elite outside shooting skillz...don't you own any fuchsia shirts?

parentswerebears
Got to hang with two of my favorite Cal fans tonight. It was great to be around such passion for Cal basketball. Thanks for the game, HoopDreams! It was fun. Thanks for the conversation and post game thoughts, Shocky! Haas is a great place to be. I hope everybody is able to come to a game or two, at the least.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
arizona wildcats (5-1) turned the ball over 16 times & knocked down only 27.3% (3 of 11) 3 pointers in getting rabid dog bites 69-65 from the butler bulldogs...it's not known if the donut boy of tuscon stopped by voodoo donuts for a variety box of if allonzo trier took his asthma medication after the loss

#7 ranked virginia cavaliers imposed feudal law on the iowa hawkeyes 74-41 in an epic d performance in limiting them to 31.3% on field goals & 26.1% on 3 pointers in the 33 point battlefield massacre...there are still tix(s) available at calbears.com for the cal vs virginia battle at the barricade on december 21st at haas pavillion, are you gonna be there?

all 5 ucla bruins (6-0) in double figures with only 8 turnovers in taking the nebraska cornhuskers 82-71 to the woodshed by the lake

dorian pickens hit a 3 pointer with 3 seconds left as the stanford cardinals (5-1) despite 18 turnovers uprooted 65-62 the indiana state sycamores

bennie boatwright scored 17 points as the usc trojans (5-0) lubricated 78-73 the smu mustangs in front of 957 fans at the galen center, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

special k's continued preseason creampuff breakfast continued as the utah utes (4-0) leveled 85-67 the uc riverside highlanders

oregon state beavers (2-4) continued their underachieving season getting licked 63-58 by the fresno state bulldogs...jeff tedford dnp

nor sure if the washington huskies (4-1) actually played d or if the kentucky hilltoppers are really a lousy offensive team as romar's all world defensive team shut down their opponents to 25.4% on field goals & 18.8% on 3 pointers in the 86-47 dawg pound win

southeastern louisiana lions (4-2) got head butted 67-59 by the colorado state rams in fort collins...yeah those 25 personal fouls did not help cal's next opponent at all, roomie the lion thinks oski is a dumb azz

uc davis aggies (5-2) unselfishly shared the ball for 16 assists in canceling the tour schedule for the drake bulldogs 64-58, meek mill is laughing somewhere

my pal cole gentry got limited to 2 points as the south dakota jackrabbits (1-5) got grass fed 63-52 by the uc irvine anteaters (3-2)

cal poly mustangs (3-3) played too slo 84-71 vs them illinois chicago flames

seton hall pirates (4-1) struggled on the plank 90-79 vs a winless quinnipiac bobcats...wing desi rodriguez led the pirates with 23 points & 11 boards

princeton tigers (2-2) beat the **** out of some random school called rowan university that they apparently scheduled online thru matchmakers.com...pretty sure rowan university could beat the marin county school for the arts & philosophy on a neutral court but who really knows for sure
Shocky1
NVBear78;842767346 said:

We need three (3) more recruits for next season. Who will they be???

i've asked the staff to carry the following shockster key recruiting evaluation reminder checklist at all times on the recruiting trail including today's very important nor cal tip off classic at newark memorial high school...the bears are building strong relationships & are in a very strong position for closing strong with cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

cal's got all the way up class (2017) already got kentucky transfer/mcdonalds all american marcus lee, the nation's arguably best pure shooter jemarl baker (i watched him during his last visit to berkeley repetitively knock down nba 3 pointers with a pure stroke which put chills up my spine), juhwan harris dyson aka the spider fly who can already defend & finish in transition at a pac 12 level but who currently got crooked azz shooting (gotta put up 500+ shots every single day, no days off) & one of the nation's elite perimeter shooters trevin knell who will defer enrollment until 2019 while he completes his mission

kam told me after a recent practice that he's gonna double major in legal studies & social welfare too & return for a 5th season next year in berkeley...that means the bears currently got 9 guys on scholly for next season & will have 4 schollys to potentially offer to reach the ncca maximum 13 full rides

my take is that the staff won't sign 4 more guys because of class balancing issues & that they might just sign a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for those that are open minded & mentally limitless)
concordtom
Shocky1;842767707 said:

Come on, real talk,
a 2.0 GPA is NOT "average". At ANY institution.

I know... it's just clip-art. I shouldn't take it so literally... :p
But it did make scoff.
concordtom
Shocky1;842767707 said:

cal's got all the way up class (2017) already got... one of the nation's elite perimeter shooters trevin knell who will defer enrollment until 2019 while he completes his mission

Note: Trevin will NOT count as a scholarship while he is on his 2 year mission.
HoopDreams
concordtom
Shocky1;842767585 said:

trevin, glad you could make the trip from salt lake city to berkeley tonite, we needed your elite outside shooting skillz...don't you own any fuchsia shirts?

Family in the Bay Area?
Thanksgiving family?
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.