cal's monster class deux

1,375,884 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[video=youtube;F7VJZYynjCQ][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;LvcSvZLKc7A][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;7OU6dxsHWf0][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]coleman played his best game today, with 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block...but more importantly, playing more under control, or in his words, 'not always going 100 miles an hour and not just going up wild and crazy"[/SIZE]

mikecohen
Shocky1;842772962 said:

left to right, cole "surfer dude" welle, koko "sweet azz shooting stroke" kurdoghlian, nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton, roman "all the way up" davis & dontae "chief noc a homa" coleman

perfect sunny saturday afternoon at haas pavilion attended by true california golden bears fans with palpable love throughout the building...a special shout out to coach martin for remembering the slow & the forgotten, the walk ons nick, koko & cole...we are all rescue walk ons

much love to grant mullins who is back in burlington canada showing respect to his grandmother who has passed on, we are all living on borrowed time here on planet earth & it's imperative that we tell those that we truly love what's in our hearts & live each day with relentless passion pursuing our dreams...travel arrangements will be made for grant to fly from canada's east coast to hawaii if that's what he's ready to do

the most exciting play of the game was charlie's fueled up entry lob pass dime to young ivee that ignited the bears faithful, that magical play is worth more than 2 points as it gets all of ivan's teammates, coaches & staff on their feet along with the fan base screaming from the rooftops...let's continue to look for those opportunities, it's a gameday momentum shifting play

awesome to see cole battling for 6 points on a perfect 3 for 3 field goals plus 3 boards & shooting the aptos pipeline in his 5 minutes & roman scoring his 1st points (3 in total) as a california golden bear, he's got nba athleticism & once his practice shooting work ethic catches up with his elite god given talents davis is gonna be a pretty special player

brandon chauca told me his last cast has been replaced this week with a smaller cast, if he's not ready to roll in the near future, he might blueshirt this season...he's thrilled his parents are gonna be in the islands, he hasn't seen them since july...chauca trivia fact: he used to play the violin back in the day

the team leaves tomorrow at 4:00 pm for honolulu, everybody all aboard the love train

aloha baby

Did anyone think that Charlie was guilty of charging on that play?
LOUMFSG2
Yeah, I thought the same thing at the game. He might have gotten away with one there
Shocky1

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/318131/Banks-Steelz-Giant-Live-Performance/

taylor & her girlfriend katie were walking with me out of haas pavilion back to our rental car next to the alcorn state team bus parked by the baseball entrance after the game when i skipped up the steps of the bus & had the following brief conversation with true freshman 6'7" 195 lbs tyler carter who got 4 fouls in 4 minutes trying to defend okoroh who finished with 9 boards, 7 points on an efficient 3 of 6 field goals (kingsley, quit trying to use the backboard from 2 feet, slam the ******* basketball next time, ok?), 2 redunkulous blocks & another tallest point guard in the uk assist:

shocky: hey #3, great effort in your competing with our big, he got 6 inches & 70 pounds on you

tyler carter: dude, you got insane energy, you are the greatest fan of all time

shocky: well, thank you, just wanted to know i respect your battling with the king

tyler carter: to be honest with you, i'm just glad i didn't have to try to guard you

yeah, me & my boy charlie "global kitchen" moore are ******* giants

what's in your motor?#:gobears:
OldBlue1999
mikecohen;842772980 said:

Did anyone think that Charlie was guilty of charging on that play?

I wondered that too at first but the scoreboard replays showed the defender slid laterally under him after he went up. It was a good no-call.
petalumabear
I completely agree 99. If they'd made that call, it would have been a travesty. Good to see the bench (such as it is these days) empty with 5 minutes to go. Condolences out to Grant and his family. Losing a loved one when you aren't there can hurt more IMO. Great time at Haas this pm.
bearmanpg
HoopDreams;842772976 said:

[SIZE=5]coleman played his best game today, with 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block...but more importantly, playing more under control, or in his words, 'not always going 100 miles an hour and not just going up wild and crazy"[/SIZE]

Glad to see you post this HoopDreams...I really liked him getting the minutes necessary to allow for a few mistakes without getting pulled immediately....Coleman can help this team on the offensive end and lord knows we can use all the offensive help we can get...More minutes before conference will pay off in the end IMO....he still had his moments when you say "slow the **** down" but he looked a lot more comfortable this afternoon...
Shocky1

a couple of minutes into the game there's an inbounds play for the bears & i tell young ivee "demand the ball, impose your will, #30 can't guard you, let's do this ivan"

#30 6'7" 265 lbs senior marquis vance looks right at me & says "bull****"...i can tell mrs spieker isn't impressed with mr vance's choice of words

so ivan takes gets the ball off the high low, vance physically puts a body on rabb who probes the middle but there's nothing there so cal's 2017 nba lottery pick spins towards the baseline & cleanly knocks down a 12 footer...2 points for the bears

young ivee scored a career high 26 points on a ridiculous 10-12 fields & a smooth 6-7 free throws along with 7 boards, 2 assists & only 1 turnover

ivan, marquis vance should shut the **** up, what's his resume, he's a male stripper
south bender
bearmanpg;842773089 said:

Glad to see you post this HoopDreams...I really liked him getting the minutes necessary to allow for a few mistakes without getting pulled immediately....Coleman can help this team on the offensive end and lord knows we can use all the offensive help we can get...More minutes before conference will pay off in the end IMO....he still had his moments when you say "slow the **** down" but he looked a lot more comfortable this afternoon...

+1. The lad brings energy and he is not shy. Take note, Sam and Stephen!
south bender
Shocky1;842773093 said:

a couple of minutes into the game there's an inbounds play for the bears & i tell young ivee "demand the ball, impose your will, #30 can't guard you, let's do this ivan"

#30 6'7" 265 lbs senior marquis vance looks right at me & says "bull****"...i can tell mrs spieker isn't impressed with mr vance's choice of words

so ivan takes gets the ball off the high low, vance physically puts a body on rabb who probes the middle but there's nothing there so cal's 2017 nba lottery pick spins towards the baseline & cleanly knocks down a 12 footer...2 points for the bears

young ivee scored a career high 26 points on a ridiculous 10-12 fields & a smooth 6-7 free throws along with 7 boards, 2 assists & only 1 turnover

ivan, marquis vance should shut the **** up, what's his resume, he's a male stripper

Shocky, we are so grateful for your tutelage of Ivan. I am sure I also speak for Cuonzo, in recognizing how lost Rabb would be without you.
Shocky1
what up cole?

good news: you scored 6 points this afternoon, looks like coach o'toole's beating the **** out of you with his foam paddleboard is helping you finish thru contact & your flying with your teammates/boyz of summer tomorrow at 4:00 pm to the islands, maybe you'll show them how surf at waimea beach, summer is never out of reach

and mike williams has agreed to a limited collector's edition release of 10,000 cole welle personally inscribed bobbleheads to be given away at the recently scheduled game for february 29th at uc santa cruz vs them banana slugs

bad news: some **** from high school is never gonna go away but no worries if you give me 50 bucks in a simple white manilla sealed envelope addressed to "shocky" left this goes away forever, just leave it by the 7th tee box at seascape golf club tonite at midnite

ooouuu#
Shocky1
south bender;842773098 said:

Shocky, we are so grateful for your tutelage of Ivan. I am sure I also speak for Cuonzo, in recognizing how lost Rabb would be without you.

your welcome
Shocky1
ucla bruins (9-0) still don't play much d but upset (good for the pac 12 rpi) coach cal's monster class #1 ranked kentucky wildcats 97-92 in lexington...cal only plays ucla once (unless they meet during the pac 12 tournament) this season on january 5th in westwood

stanford cardinals (6-3) one man stud team reid travis scored 29 points including 19 of 22 free throws along with 9 boards got rock chalked 89-74 by the kansas jayhawks...it's not known if jerod haase displayed his man boobs to his former fans in lawrence or not, maybe he'll get some gift cards for victoria secret or something from his secret santa

#6 ranked virginia cavaliers (7-1) revealed a weakness in the paint by their bigs for a 2nd game in a row in getting boot camped 66-57 by the west virginia mountaineers on their home court in charlottesville...bears gotta gameplan to attack the paint with young ivee & the king against the cavs

arizona wildcats (6-2) shot a crooked azz 12.5% (1 of 8) on 3 pointers & also missed 9 free throws in losing 69-62 to the tampering gonzaga bulldogs...maybe more of the wildcats should take allonzo trier's asthma medication, it's not like chance comanche's gpa could get any worse...yeah the donut boy of tuscon can't be too happy about his squad's selfish only 7 assists

the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (7-2) looted 128-59 the savannah state tigers

jordan mclaughlin scored 24 points with 6 boards & 4 assists as the usc trojans (8-0) stayed unbeaten in kicking to the curb 91-84 the byu cougars

washington state cougars (4-4) got out rebounded +14 in getting courtmartialed 70-54 by the new orleans privateers

oregon state beavers turned the balls over 18 times in getting licked (again) 69-66 by the charlotte 49ers

shannon evans scored a season high 28 points as the asu sun devils (5-3) pole danced 97-73 the unlv rebels

colorado buffaloes (6-2) went on the road to dominate the boards again +10 in emergency landing 76-63 the portland pilots at voodoo donuts arena

south dakota state jackrabbits (4-6) lettuced 77-68 the umkc kangaroos

wyoming cowboys (5-2) broke back mountained 81-73 the unsuspecting northern iowa panthers...cal's win vs wyoming could be a ncca resume building win at the end of this season

the wildly inconsistent san diego aztecs (4-2) shot only 3 free throws (made 2 of them) in getting truck stopped 65-59 by the chicago ramblers in freezing azz chi town...not a good outcome for the bears

louisiana tech bulldogs (4-3) took the southeastern louisiana lions (5-4) to the no kill shelter 88-59, don't be surprised if tech don't compete for conference usa title

uc davis aggies (5-4) got agricultured 68-66 at the buzzer by a layup by them sneaky idaho vandals...ron gould dnp

cal poly mustangs (5-4) shot a lights out 50% (14 of 28) 3 pointers in kicking off the barge in morro bay 82-70 the texas a&m/corpus christi islanders...bears gotta scheme to close out the mustangs 3 pointers which is about everybody on their roster
rkt88edmo
Shocky1;842773100 said:

your welcome

Oh Shocky, how could you.

Disillusionment, doubt, uncertainty clouds my mind, why Great Golden Grammar Bear WHY?!

Send forth your NSFW brunettes to cleanse this travesty of internet.
Shocky1
the princeton motion originally schemed by the legendary pete carril is a unique college offense to defend/scheme against, the more you play against it the better chance of understanding its concepts/principles

hopefully grant mullins will be emotionally ready to fly from canada to rejoin his teammates at the hilton hawaiian village waikiki beach resort, he got a lot of gameday experience again princeton during his 3 years at princeton including the following 2 solid performances last season:

*****february 14th: 19 points on 6 of 13 field goals with 12 boards (trust me, j mat never fought for 12 boards at any point during his cal career), 2 assists & zero turnovers
*****february 26th: 14 points with 4 assists, 2 boards & 2 turnovers

what's really amazing is that grant did all that with only 1 leg, can you believe that ****?

cal's monster class (2013) & cal's doses & mimosas class (2014) that i recruited also got experience against the princeton weave during our december 13, 2014 late comeback 67-57 rally victory vs the lions in berkeley:

"that's one of those styles that's hard to duplicate in practice, the speed of it, the back cuts...they had us on our heels...we did a better job in the second half setting down, getting those guys off the line and containing the dribble"
-coach martin

"once i better understood the princeton schemes, i was better able to direct the cal defense during the second half on my side of the court at haas pavillion, not to take anything away from coach martin but he did a poor job (compared to me) of yelling out the lions schemes during the 1st half on his side of the court but that's ok i'm not passing judgment on him or anything"
-shocky

"in the first half the zone caught me off guard...even tho we shot the ball well, we were not crisp attacking the zone...in the second half we just needed to be more aggressive and turn it up"
-t wall

Shocky1;842770553 said:

princeton tigers (2-3) held the lead for much of their road game in richmond due to a scorching 47.1% (8 of 17) on 3 pointers but the 19 turnovers & only 26 rebounds caught up to them in getting head butted 81-70 by the vcu rams...the bears gotta gameplan to play disciplined d to prevent the backdoor cuts, close out on the tigers 3 point shooters & own the boards vs the smaller princeton squad in hawaii...in a perfect world (and trust me cal basketball is not linear) none of the bears starters would play more than 25 minutes & would get fresh legs for them seton hall pirates the next day

cal plays princeton in the opening game of the pearl harbor classic on tuesday december 6th at 2:15 pm local time...that's perfect, i'll be the 1st guy out in the morning for a brisk walking 18 holes at waialae country club (the diamond head classic unfortunately doesn't have much seth raynor architectural features anymore due to the pga tour's constant tinkering but the views & aesthetics are stunning), get to the bears game early for warm ups/review with coach martin the gameplan & then after the game dine on bigeye tuna sashimi salad with matsuhusia dressing & teriyaki waygu beef with caviar at nobu waikiki...no way i'm gonna go to a boring azz loo al unless cole, brandon & nicky ham promise to volunteer for the fire breathing thing with torches & **** like that

roadtrip to the islands (this is cal basketball)#
Shocky1
coach martin is gonna drive some of the guys to the airport, not a big fan of coach's ride...it doesn't have to be this way:headbang

Shocky1
rkt88edmo;842773119 said:

Oh Shocky, how could you.

Disillusionment, doubt, uncertainty clouds my mind, why Great Golden Grammar Bear WHY?!

Send forth your NSFW brunettes to cleanse this travesty of internet.

love your poster name, is that also your personal banking password for everything too?

in that both ivan rabb & jaylen brown were/are both avid readers of cal's monster class, their recruitments by me to berkeley were achieved with minimal assistance from the staff

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is solely on me

Shocky1
ok, listen up, you got a flight to the island, here's a couple of travel tips (but ignore the **** re: michael jackson, he's a criminal)

make sure you bring your swimming trunks too, ok...wearing basketball gear in the ******* pacific ocean is a fashion disaster, be better than that...and sammy make sure you bring some extra sun screen, ok?...you don't wanna look like a red lobster at the loo al

aloha baby

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
its' gonna be a high of 78 & a low of 68 on waikiki beach today...charlie, you can leave your chi town parka back in berkeley, ok big guy?

89Bear
Shocky1;842773159 said:

ok, listen up, you got a 4:00 pm flight today to the island, here's a couple of travel tips (but ignore the **** re: michael jackson, he's a criminal)

make sure you bring your swimming trunks too, ok...wearing basketball gear in the ******* pacific ocean is a fashion disaster, be better than that...and sammy make sure you bring some extra sun screen, ok?...you don't wanna look like a red lobster at the loo al

aloha baby

don't be a dumb azz#

Shocky, with the way injuries have piled up maybe Coach should only let the guys go in the shallow end and they have to keep the blue and gold floaties on at all times...
Shocky1
89Bear;842773181 said:

Shocky, with the way injuries have piled up maybe Coach should only let the guys go in the shallow end and they have to keep the blue and gold floaties on at all times...

agreed
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaelyn Brown with 4-5 FG (2-2 from deep) for 13 points, and 5 rebounds as Cal pounds Nebraska

can someone check the yellow pages for any more basketball playing Jaylen Browns?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]oh, and the other two freshmen were CJ (10 pts on 5-8 FG, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block), MiCole (11 pts on 5-8 FG, 1-2 from 3, 5 assts, 1 rebound, 1 steal) [/SIZE]

Shocky1
t-wall has been out of action battling injuries but he returned to action in scoring 22 points on 6 of 13 fields & a remarkable 10 of 11 free throws along with 3 boards & 3 steals in 28 minutes coming off the bench for the salt lake city nba development team

cal grads usually get the curvy brunette yoga female of their dreams, that's just how the world works or something

t-wall=graduate of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including bakersfield):acclaim:
Shocky1
coach wyking knocking down a ninja turtle kale smoothie, sammy & lucas not impressed
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrats to Cal Water Polo for beating USC to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

but take off that red cap![/SIZE]

Shocky1
the yoga/meditation practice teaches that the truly happy person is a balanced person with multiple interests in life

1) kapalua plantation: rugged coore & crenshaw dramatic & highly strategic design situated on a windy pineapple field in maui

2) nanea: very private charles schwab enclave on the big island with the most compelling par 5s in hawaii

3) mauna kea: wonderful rtj sr design with a walkable routing set among the volcanic black lava fields that touches the pacific ocean although the cookie cutter bunkering looks artificial

4) kukio: fazio course that emphasizes fun vs difficulty with the usual discover properties over the top on course food stations

5) kukui'ula: underrated weiskopf design with a somewhat mundane front nine & an exceptional back nine

volcanic black lava/cliffside ocean golf#
concordtom
Shocky1;842773140 said:

in that both ivan rabb & jaylen brown were/are both avid readers of cal's monster class, their recruitments by me to berkeley were achieved with minimal assistance from the staff

Said assistance means:
They told the recruits, [COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]"Now, if you sign with us, you must be aware of one particular fan who is going to sit courtside and yell at you during the game, who is going to publicly post photos of you and your girlfriends (or any girl for that matter, typically those scantily dressed, associating you and your dating habits in the minds of readers, whether accurate or not), who is going to dish on happenstance and habits or your daily college life (remember, you're just 18, but a "Public Figure" now). So, if you accept this mission, please sign on the dotted line."[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Gotta properly prepare those Cal Bear recruits (and their families who read this site) for what being a Cal Bear truly means.
Note: Marcus Lee tells me we ain't got nothing on UK and their courtside fans, their nosebleed fans, their endlessly invasive fans.

Trivia Time: Who can tell me the name of the first stud athlete who declined the NBA because he didn't want to be famous and subject to such public discourse?
Hint: he didn't become a national rugby star, though I know they DO live like the rest of us despite getting to still compete on an elite level.
Shocky1

team arrived sunday & has practiced the last 2 days...reception this evening for donors with the coaches & also caught up with some of the players

*****grant mullins flew in yesterday on a long travel day from east of the canadian rockies, he took it easy after arriving in honolulu...grant will be ready to roll tomorrow

*****ivan rabb is fine, he got some wrapping on his left hand but that's it

*****jabari bird has been practicing & shooting the ball well, there's no rush to bring him back, his long term health & protecting his future professional basketball opportunities are the priority

*****kameron rooks is moving around after surgery last week & will hopefully be returning to the floor in january

*****some guys doing homework at the hotel, charlie moore & dontae coleman working on their class studies in a side lobby sofa area with their laptops & notecards, this week is dead week in berkeley before finals next week

*****cole welle's development is fun to watch, he's earned some more playing time down the road...a big that can finish under control is an asset to this team along with being a great teammate

*****koko kurdoghlian got a pure steve/nick kerr shooting stroke, he shot 87% on free throws in high school...during his time on the court vs alcorn state the team was running the 53 motion, he opted to attack the basket vs letting it fly from behind the 3 point line, he might make a different decision next time...both of koko's parents are from armenia, he's traveled the middle east & would like to do business there sometime down the road...dude is mentally tough

*****kingsley okoroh gotta not try to use the backboard when he's a foot or two from the basket, the king has gotta flex/bend his needs & fiercely dunk the basketball like a ******* bad azz

*****roger moute a bidias got a lean nba body with length & is starting to reach his vast (and underrated to everyone but me) potential, he understands his role in terms of what he needs to do to help this team win basketball games better than any other player in the program

aloha

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (included the hawaiian islands)#
Shocky1
young ivee looking upward for them all the way up lob entry passes hoping that he don't gotta transfer to sacramento state with the shockster to make this happen

sacramento state hornet's monster class#:bravo
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]whether he will play or not, doesn't matter ... great to see jabari in hawaii hanging with his teammates[/SIZE]

Shocky1
po told me i can't get high so we hopped in my fueled up uber helicopter to go all the way up, nothing can stop us & if they ask you where you live, point to the diamond head hills & tell them to go all the way up

left to right counterclockwise, kingsley "slam dunk the ******* basketball" okoroh, ivan "point to the hills" rabb, stephen "haas in the clouds" domingo, brandon "the sniper" chauca, jabari "let it fly" bird, charlie "best bbq ribs" moore, dontae "jc chip on his shoulder" coleman

if you don't think the cal basketball players don't stage fotos for cal's monster class, you probably got your head up your azz:acclaim:
Shocky1

compete with energy & impose your will (point to the hills)#
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.