cal's monster class deux

1,376,101 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
dal9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
no upside...in-state small schools will be foaming at the mouth to upset the big dogs...especially at their house...witness IUPU-Fort Wayne beating IU the other day for one example...
concordtom
dal9;842776261 said:

no upside...in-state small schools will be foaming at the mouth to upset the big dogs...especially at their house...witness IUPU-Fort Wayne beating IU the other day for one example...

Good.
So let 'em try.
bearmanpg
Last night I attended a high school tournament in Sacramento where Brandon McCoy from Cathedral Catholic was playing...I didn't see a box score but he didn't look near as good as Jordan Brown on the offensive end...McCoy is rather clumsy but has a good body...Brown is so much more polished as a player...also saw Logan Johnson (Tyler Johnson of the Miami Heat's little brother) and I think Cal should be recruiting him...he is very athletic and under control...he plays at St Francis in Mountain View...
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal vs UC Davis ... Saturday, Dec 10 at 7:30pm
Come to the game in support of ...
[COLOR="#000080"][FONT=Arial Black]Jewish Heritage Night, in honor of senior guard Sam Singer[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
uc irvine anteaters (5-5) ardvarked 80-53 the pomona pitzer cecil the sagehens, not sure exactly what's a sagehen & who's cecil?...but make no mistake about it this **** is scary

BerkeleyBAT
Shocky1;842776412 said:

uc irvine anteaters (5-5) ardvarked 80-53 the pomona pitzer cecil the sagehens, not sure exactly what's a sagehen & who's cecil?...but make no mistake about it this **** is scary

Don't mess with Cecil, according to the Pomona fight song:

When Cecil Sagehen Chirps
He's gonna fracture the foes of Pomona's might,
When Cecil Sagehen Chirps
He's gonna wail on their bods for the blue and white!
Our foes are filled with dread
Whenever Cecil Sagehen flies overhead,
We're gonna C
We're gonna H
We're gonna I-R-P
When Cecil chirps his way to victory
CHIRP!
Shocky1
b-bat, if you told me that cecil gotta check in weekly with his po & is required to stay at least 500 yards away from all schools at all times, i would believe you
dal9
it's like something out of a david lynch movie
Shocky1
dal9;842776442 said:

it's like something out of a david lynch movie

yeah there's some weird azz **** going on with cecil the sagehen, he kinda makes that dumb azz oski who's been hanging around berkeley for decades without ever graduating (and probably don't got a job either) seem kinda normal

cecil the sagehen=some kinda bitch azz male stripper

Shocky1

uc davis aggies (5-4) are a well coached fundamentally sound basketball program with a bunch of mostly white guys that can flat out shoot & unselfishly share (they lead the big west with a golden state warriors like 16.1 apg) the basketball, they are the princeton of the west

the aggies are led by 6'4" 195 lbs brynton lamar (12.9 ppg), 6'6" 223 lbs chima moneke (12.6 ppg with 53.7% field goals & a team high, nobody even close, 8.3 rpg, get chima in foul trouble & the aggies are off to the glue factory), 6'3" 183 lbs siler schneider (11.6 ppg) & 5'10" 180 lbs darius graham (8.9 ppg with 48.4% on 3 pointers, the bears gotta know where the shooter is on the floor at all times)...make no mistake about it, all of these guys got good names but not great hair like dontae or chauca

uc davis plays an exploitable man on man d scheme & got neither length or a muscular presence (outside of chima) underneath the basket, they average only 34 rpg...the key to a cal victory will be for our guys to relentlessly crash the ******* boards both offensively & defensively and assertively impose our will on the game like they a bunch of bitch azz male strippers...young ivee gotta demand the ball with his arm extended (he didn't do that in the islands) & then the ball needs to be decisively (without hesitation sammy & domingo) delivered to him on entry lob passes all the way up where only he can get it, this really isn't that ******* complicated

this is a game that both cole welle & roman davis can do some damage inside, they gotta be mentally prepared with amped/fueled up aggression if coach martin calls their names...we are the #10 team in the national in rebounding margin at +11, the bears gotta be +20 on rebounds tonite at the barricade

let's do this
MealPoints08
Shocky1;842776458 said:

uc davis aggies (5-4) are a well coached fundamentally sound basketball program with a bunch of mostly white guys that can flat out shoot & unselfishly share (they lead the big west with a golden state warriors like 16.1 apg) the basketball, they are the princeton of the west

the aggies are led by 6'4" 195 lbs brynton lamar (12.9 ppg), 6'6" 223 lbs chima moneke (12.6 ppg with 53.7% field goals & a team high, nobody even close, 8.3 rpg, get chima in foul trouble & the aggies are off to the glue factory), 6'3" 183 lbs siler schneider (11.6 ppg) & 5'10" 180 lbs darius graham (8.9 ppg with 48.4% on 3 pointers, the bears gotta know where the shooter is on the floor at all times)...make no mistake about it, all of these guys got good names but not great hair like dontae or chauca

uc davis plays an exploitable man on man d scheme & got neither length or a muscular presence (outside of chima) underneath the basket, they average only 34 rpg...the key to a cal victory will be for our guys to relentlessly crash the ******* boards both offensively & defensively and assertively impose our will on the game like they a bunch of bitch azz male strippers...young ivee gotta demand the ball with his arm extended (he didn't do that in the islands) & then the ball needs to be decisively (without hesitation sammy & domingo) delivered to him on entry lob passes all the way up where only he can get it, this really isn't that ******* complicated

this is a game that both cole welle & roman davis can do some damage inside, they gotta be mentally prepared with amped/fueled up aggression if coach martin calls their names...we are the #10 team in the national in rebounding margin at +11, the bears gotta be +20 on rebounds tonite at the barricade

let's do this

Shocky, my girlfriend is a Davis grad. Do you have any insider smack talk about their program that I can borrow? Thanks kindly and namaste 🙏
Shocky1
MealPoints08;842776459 said:

Shocky, my girlfriend is a Davis grad. Do you have any insider smack talk about their program that I can borrow? Thanks kindly and namaste ��

look meals, my yoga/mediation practice is teaching me (admittedly progress has been slow) to become a nicer & kinder person & you can do the same too...just because she couldn't get accepted at uc berkeley don't mean you gotta treat her like a 2nd class citizen & **** like that just because your embarazzed to be seen with her at haas tonite, uc davis is not a bad school or anything

Shocky1
elite sharpshooter trevin knell got 34 points in leading his potential state championship wood cross wildcats to a rescue dog 57-45 adoption of them hillcrest huskies...did you know that trevin can knock down 85%+ on free throws blindfolded in a snow blizzard or a semi outdoor gym with funky azz lighting & tradwinds because he puts up at least 500+ (sometimes 1000) practice shots a day?...crooked azz shooting is not a fate, it's a decision

what up, jemarl?...are you even playing high school basketball anymore or what?

Shocky1;842775694 said:

jemarl & trevin, realize you guys are humble guys but it would help cal fans follow your senior seasons if you would post or link some of your scoring stats on your twitter accounts...yeah & if you want to include the number of turnovers of wild azz passes into the 7th row that would be appreciated too

statistics (don't tell the whole story but are fun)#:acclaim:
Shocky1

juhwan harris dyson aka the spider fly with 26 points & relentless d as the heritage christian warriors defended the rez 64-58 vs the hart indians

jhd, how many perimeter practice shots did you put up this morning, did you knock down 500+?

video games are for losers#
concordtom
Shocky1;842776458 said:

...assertively impose our will on the game like they a bunch of bitch azz male strippers.

You know, when I'm coaching, that's what I always tell my squad!!
Shocky1
concordtom;842776478 said:

You know, when I'm coaching, that's what I always tell my squad!!

yeah that's pretty solid gameday coaching advice for a bunch of 12 year old girls, your welcome
HoopDreams
Shocky1

after signing a 4 year nba contract for a guaranteed $74,832,500 with the portland trailblazers this offseason, alan crabbe has had games of 16 (4 of 6 on 3 pointers) points vs the miami heat, 17 points vs the chicago bulls & 14 points (4 of 6 on 3 pointers) vs the milwaukee bucks during the past week...crabbe put in the grueling behind the scenes hard work of 500+ practice shots every single day (no days off) & got minted

shay above doing the hang with alan behind the cal bench during our oregon/oregon state roadtrip last season to the trendy nines hotel in downtown portland, the iconic voodoo donuts & the fabulous powell bookstore

part of the magic of cal basketball is that you can share the fun gameday experiences with your kids & their friends...tonite my son kyle (working towards his masters in accounting at asu) & his girlfriend ashley (studying to be a physical therapist) are gonna join me at the barricade...and yeah taylor (not on this trip) kinda likes the guys on the team too

cal family (what's your traditions?)#:bravo

Shocky1
my son kyle kinda looks like nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton without all the facial hair
concordtom
Shocky1;842776608 said:

part of the magic of cal basketball is that you can share the fun gameday experiences with your kids & their friends...tonite my son kyle (working towards his masters in accounting at asu) & his girlfriend ashley (studying to be a physical therapist) are gonna join me at the barricade...and yeah taylor (not on this trip) kinda likes the guys on the team too.
]

Please allow me to give a tip o' the cap to Kyle, masters in accounting!!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]on Jewish Heritage Night, Sam Singer showed his value to the team on both ends of the court ...
SIX assists, FIVE rebounds, and relentless defense, despite only scoring a single basket

One of the beneficiaries of Singer dropping dimes all over the court was Grant Mullins who shot 6-7 from the field, including 3-4 from deep (plus added 4 boards and an assist himself)[/SIZE]

HoopDreams

Shocky1

left to right, charlie "bank shot" moore, cole "surfer dude" welle, nick "3 card" hamilton, roman "tired of this ****" davis, grant "the wolf of wall street" mullins & roger "pac 12 most improved mvp" moute a bidias

haas pavilion was electric with energy tonite, an unusual combination of pure unadulterated joy & raw anger/frustration

young ivee's facial tics reveal his frustration with his teammates abject failure in not delivering/feeding him the ball when he is open, it's like love/romance, they indecisively wait/hesitate with the ball & then the moment is suddenly ******* gone...the staff needs to make this the #1 priority during the upcoming finals week because 1) the bears are not gonna reach their potential this season without a fully engaged ivan rabb 2) cal is gonna be negatively recruited against by those targeting jordan brown if the coaches cannot scheme & then execute the full utilization/devleopment of their future nba lottery pick

mark your calendars that today is when roman davis put his foot down & played with ******* energy & hostility...he attacked the basket twice like a fueled up dude defending a female family member (moms or a sister) against a brutal assault with force & then served notice to the coaches pounding his chest & asking them why the **** he's not playing more...nba scouts sitting on the floor during the 45 minutes prior to tip off early warm ups have asked me why's he not playing & i tell them the truth: he had the worst summer in terms of working his azz off of any player on the team & didn't improve his crooked azz shooting but that he got more athleticism than anybody else on the team...roman got a mean streak in him (which is a good thing, that's how coach martin was raised too) & that chip on his shoulder resulted in t-wall getting injured in practice & missing cal's 1st round ncca tournament game last season...if davis will continue to attack the basket with decisiveness & authority, his potential/development is virtually unlimited...i cannot wait to see how the story of roman davis plays out but tonite is notable for his finally serving notice that his sitting on the bench next to lucas isn't gonna be acceptable on a go forward basis, he headed straight to the locker room after the final whistle without doing the high 5 crowd parade around the floor...if roman puts up 500+ shots every single day with no excuses he's gonna be an all pac 12 player

cole welle continues his marked improvement with 10 points on 5-8 field goals, 2 boards, physical d & no turnovers...i told cole on waikiki beach that in the past he's had panic at the disco with happy feet issues when he got the ball down low, now the game is slowing down for him mentally & he's confidently finishing with poise & timing/gathering himself...could not be happier for cole, he suffered a concussion earlier this season (which resulted in him rescheduling some mid terms) & his hunger to reach his potential is both emotional & heartwarming for those of us that love rescue animals & walks on...never forget, we are all rescue mutts/walk ons at our inner core

nick hamilton had a sorry broken down crooked azz shooting stroke last season, his pregame shots would slam off the backboard with careless indifference...so he worked his azz of this summer & now he's dramatically improved his stroke...as a sophmore now (he blueshirted last season) nick ham's best day as a cal basketball player are all in front of him & for his pops marks who has raised 6 boys on his own in challenging circumstances i raise my fist in support & recognition for the dad of the year...nick's epic 3 point moneyball tonite with a perfect release point that traversed the haas airspace before settling without a ripple thru the net was truly a moment of love

roger moute a bidias continues his upward trajectory as arguably pac 12's most improved player of the year, i absolutely love watching roger play d in fearlessly chasing shooters thru brutal screen packages with agility & passion...rmb with 9 points on 3-4 field goals, gotta eliminate the 3 turnovers...roger cest magnifique

grant mullins had an emotionally heartbreaking last week with the passing of his grandmother & coupling that with the physical fatigue of traveling from northeast canada to honolulu, that's like swimming from the berkeley marina to alcatraz back & forth 5 times with choppy freezing azz pacific ocean tides that try to break your spirit...grant responded tonite with a man on fire en fuego 17 points on 4-5 downtown 3 pointers from the depths of wall street...let's do this, wolf

and yeah charlie moore is ******* giant, you cannot measure his heart or determination to compete & battle, his gutsy charge call got the crowd roaring its approval & fired up...just wish charlie would clean up the 5 turnovers & feed his boy young ivee more often, mid court trick shots & **** are fun but being a true 1 that facilitates/distributes/feeds the most talented big man in college basketball is more important to the potential self actualization of this year's california golden bears than any silly games for kidz

make no mistake about it, this **** is getting live

electricity at the barricade#:tree
Shocky1
[video=youtube;H9MxMZD0AJ4][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;JEiii1qzPPs][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;suBw7dl8F3o][/video]
Shocky1
yeah roman & cole came out & played like their hair on fire but the bears only matched the aggies in boards with 28 for each team, that's simply not good enough

Shocky1;842776458 said:

Shocky1
ucla bruins (10-0) outscored the michigan wolverines 102-84 & are the national media buzz story right now but i'm not convinced that the offensive fireworks in westwood will be enough when it truly matters down the road...michigan shot 50% on field goals & 53.8% on 3 pointers, the bruins are not a fundamentally sound & mentally wired tenacious team on d...starting 5 thomas welsh dnp after bruising his knee in practice wed but is expected to return in the next game or two

utah utes (6-2) finally played a legit opponent & got derailed at dizzyland 77-69 by the xavier musketeers...the utes entered the game as the nation's #1 ranked team in rebounding margin but got beat -5 on the boards

arizona wildcats (8-2) tamed 79-60 the missouri tigers in columbia...how do you win on the road in college basketball?...wildcats +18 on the boards over the tigers

bad news is that the washington state cougars (5-5) got kicked to the curb 70-56 by the kansas state wildcats...good news it that the kinkos in pullman got a 40% special this week on resume prep/print work this week for the staff

colorado buffaloes (7-3) got out rebounded -15 & got their high azz joints snuffed out 79-71 by them clean living byu cougars...lose the boards, lose the game, pretty ******* simple to understand, this isn't complicated

arizona state sundevils (6-4) turned the ball over 18 times but the world's #1 ranked school for producing the most strippers tipped out 74-63 the bi polar san diego state aztecs (4-4) in la jolla

cal poly mustangs (5-5) got slo played 73-59 by the fresno state bulldogs...mustangs lost the battle of the boards -13

south dakota jackrabbits (5-7) are finally getting this lettuce eating **** thing down in stealing vegs 80-77 from them idaho vandals

louisiana tech bulldogs (5-4) got served up 91-83 by the ul lafayette ragin cajuns at commander's palace

princeton tigers (4-4) did not miss craphole bloch arena in extinguishing 67-64 the liberty flames on the road

wyoming cowboys (7-2) broke back mountained 85-83 my man travis decuire's montana grizzlies which is a shame because both washington & washington state are probably gonna need new coaching staffs after this season...a 3-7 start is not helping td's resume
socaltownie
Shocky1;842776818 said:

ucla bruins (10-0) outscored the michigan wolverines 102-84 & are the national media buzz story right now but i'm not convinced that the offensive fireworks in westwood will be enough when it truly matters down the road...michigan shot 50% on field goals & 53.8% on 3 pointers, the bruins are not a fundamentally sound & mentally wired tenacious team on d...starting 5 thomas welsh dnp after bruising his knee in practice wed but is expected to return in the next game or two

utah utes (6-2) finally played a legit opponent & got derailed at dizzyland 77-69 by the xavier musketeers...the utes entered the game as the nation's #1 ranked team in rebounding margin but got beat -5 on the boards

arizona wildcats (8-2) tamed 79-60 the missouri tigers in columbia...how do you win on the road in college basketball?...wildcats +18 on the boards over the tigers

bad news is that the washington state cougars (5-5) got kicked to the curb 70-56 by the kansas state wildcats...good news it that the kinkos in pullman got a 40% special this week on resume prep/print work this week for the staff

colorado buffaloes (7-3) got out rebounded -15 & got their high azz joints snuffed out 79-71 by them clean living byu cougars...lose the boards, lose the game, pretty ******* simple to understand, this isn't complicated

arizona state sundevils (6-4) turned the ball over 18 times but the world's #1 ranked school for producing the most strippers tipped out 74-63 the bi polar san diego state aztecs (4-4) in la jolla

cal poly mustangs (5-5) got slo played 73-59 by the fresno state bulldogs...mustangs lost the battle of the boards -13

south dakota jackrabbits (5-7) are finally getting this lettuce eating **** thing down in stealing vegs 80-77 from them idaho vandals

louisiana tech bulldogs (5-4) got served up 91-83 by the ul lafayette ragin cajuns at commander's palace

princeton tigers (4-4) did not miss craphole bloch arena in extinguishing 67-64 the liberty flames on the road

wyoming cowboys (7-2) broke back mountained 85-83 my man travis decuire's montana grizzlies which is a shame because both washington & washington state are probably gonna need new coaching staffs after this season...a 3-7 start is not helping td's resume

For future reference SDSU does NOT play in La Jolla. That is UCSD. If you want to sound like a local SDSU plays on Montazuma Mesa.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]what can't this dude do?

yeah, there was the half-court buzzer beater, but what was even bigger than that?

picking the pocket of two guards, jumping the passing lanes, diving on the floor to get another steal and wrestling with another player to get the tie up[/SIZE]

concordtom
socaltownie;842776861 said:

For future reference SDSU does NOT play in La Jolla. That is UCSD. If you want to sound like a local SDSU plays on Montazuma Mesa.

Yes, another errant pass. But to be fair, nobody who is not already an Aztec knows where Montezuma Mesa is.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Demetris Robertson
Freshman All-American[/SIZE]

socaltownie
concordtom;842776964 said:

Yes, another errant pass. But to be fair, nobody who is not already an Aztec knows where Montezuma Mesa is.

LOL. Then you are highly confused by every f'ing san diego sports cast. Trust me....it is assumed knowledge when you live here....just like living in Bay Area and saying "Going into the City tonight" can only mean one destination ;-)
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842776961 said:

what can't this dude do?

i dunno maybe maybe make an entry lob pass every now & then to ivan rabb?
Shocky1
socaltownie;842776861 said:

good to know, thought sdsu was adjacent to the monster par 4 4th hole on the south course at torrey pines, gotta really jump on a 4 wood to get home when it plays into the usual prevailing winds
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.