cal's monster class deux

1,375,912 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hoop, i love both charlie & sammy but they've done a pretty mediocre job of passing the ******* basketball with entry lob passes to young ivee when he flashes open with his arm extended (they are hesitating for a split second & then the opportunity is gone as the low post double team arrives), that's the responsibility of true point guards that facilitate/distribute the ball to cal's future nba lottery pick...i feel ivan's frustration/disappointment

this basketball team isn't gonna go anywhere against elite competition unless this changes
Shocky1
Shocky1;842776778 said:

haas pavilion was electric with energy tonite, an unusual combination of pure unadulterated joy & raw anger/frustration

mark your calendars that today is when roman davis put his foot down & played with ******* energy & hostility...he attacked the basket twice like a fueled up dude defending a female family member (moms or a sister) against a brutal assault with force & then served notice to the coaches pounding his chest & asking them why the **** he's not playing more...nba scouts sitting on the floor during the 45 minutes prior to tip off early warm ups have asked me why's he not playing & i tell them the truth: he had the worst summer in terms of working his azz off of any player on the team & didn't improve his crooked azz shooting but that he got more athleticism than anybody else on the team...roman got a mean streak in him (which is a good thing, that's how coach martin was raised too) & that chip on his shoulder resulted in t-wall getting injured in practice & missing cal's 1st round ncca tournament game last season...if davis will continue to attack the basket with decisiveness & authority, his potential/development is virtually unlimited...i cannot wait to see how the story of roman davis plays out but tonite is notable for his finally serving notice that his sitting on the bench next to lucas isn't gonna be acceptable on a go forward basis, he headed straight to the locker room after the final whistle without doing the high 5 crowd parade around the floor...if roman puts up 500+ shots every single day with no excuses he's gonna be an all pac 12 player

roman, great to see you make a clear statement re: how badly you want all of this...make no mistake about it, you, me & meek mill are not fans of sorry broken down bitch azz male strippers

Shocky1

marcus, you need to rewrite the 1st paragraph of your sociology 116 final exam paper in the laptop image above, you repetitively used the words parenting & parenthood 6 times in the opening paragraph...get nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton to proof/serve as a 2nd pair of eyes on this, ok?...or alternatively you could sit by me during early warm ups this upcoming saturday nite & we can work on this paper & get it right, i'm always here to help or something

don't be a dumb azz (who's lorry, is she a curvy brunette yoga female or what?)#
Yogi1
Shocky1;842778149 said:

marcus, you need to rewrite the 1st paragraph of your sociology 116 final exam paper in the laptop image above

#stalkonpoundsigngoesatthebeginningdumbazz
socaltownie
Ridicuslously wrong to edit an undergraduates paper on the internet. Send him a message on twitter or something. Yeah - it is a brutally competitive world economy. They are also kids. Would you like to put YOUR latest business correspondence up on the net for us to have "fun" with our red pen?
Shocky1
former altman transfer player (and onetime cal commit) ahmaad rorie scored 19 points as the corrupt oregon basketball organization (9-2) struggled in avoiding a bear attack 81-67 by the montana grizzlies...it's a historical fact, dana altman don't put guys in the nba & his latest casualties are tyler dorsey (2 of 9 on field goals & 1 of 6 on 3 pointers for 6 points) & dillon brooks (3 of 8 on field goals for 6 points), if they come out early they can expect to be working as the nite shift supervisor at the medford truck stop in the near future & marrying a lot lizard

louisiana tech bulldogs (6-4) did not adopt/rescue 65-52 the prairie view a&m panthers
Shocky1
Mike Zillion;842778151 said:

#stalkonpoundsigngoesatthebeginningdumbazz

what up, m-trillion?

i graduated from the haas biz school with a phi beta kappa key, what are your academic qualifications to rewrite all of our player's papers?
Shocky1
gotta be honest with you, i'm a big fan of brandon chauca's favorite legal studies teaching assistant...a lot of my best work in berkeley was during ta hours

academics (high gpas) matter#:bravo
dal9
what even is a synonym for parenthood?
Shocky1
socaltownie;842778154 said:

Ridicuslously wrong to edit an undergraduates paper on the internet. Send him a message on twitter or something. Yeah - it is a brutally competitive world economy. They are also kids. Would you like to put YOUR latest business correspondence up on the net for us to have "fun" with our red pen?

got no problem with that

shocky loves all colors (including yoga mats)#
Shocky1
dal9;842778164 said:

what even is a synonym for parenthood?

baby's momma's daddy?

21 year economic sentence victims?
Shocky1
kam is gonna be cleared to start running next week, the bears are finally getting closer to playing at full strength...nothing is stronger than a moms love for her son

ooh (not ooouuu) child#:cheer
roqmoq
Shocky1;842778121 said:

hoop, i love both charlie & sammy but they've done a pretty mediocre job of passing the ******* basketball with entry lob passes to young ivee when he flashes open with his arm extended (they are hesitating for a split second & then the opportunity is gone as the low post double team arrives), that's the responsibility of true point guards that facilitate/distribute the ball to cal's future nba lottery pick...i feel ivan's frustration/disappointment

this basketball team isn't gonna go anywhere against elite competition unless this changes

I'll second that. We need to display an inside presence on offense. Should not be wasting Ivan's soft touch around the hoop.
Shocky1
nobody is gonna outwork brandon chauca, when you put up that many practice shots eventually they are gonna fall for you...chauca knows that crooked azz shooting is a choice, not a fate & that 500+ (ideally 1000 if you wanna get minted in the nba) is the only route to a steph kinda pure shooting stroke...thinking your gonna became an elite shooter any other way is a fool's errand

brandon told me that if he isn't ready to roll in the near future that he's gonna consider in conjunction with the staff potentially blueshirting this season, there's no point in losing half a season of eligibility...that would allow him to return to cal for a 5th season (he would probably need to then double major like kam in order to remain in berkeley in 2 years from now) or seek playing time as a graduate transfer (he did not mention this option to me, it's just reasonable speculation)

yeah the intro theme song for my favorite hard working filipino/peruvian guy is ready for the 3 point sniper...shame i didn't get to catch up with his parents at bloch arena but hopefully that will happen in the near future

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal averaging 21.4 assists/game, 3rd in the nation[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]tis the night before finals...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
elite 2018 point guard brandon williams has injured his knee & the upcoming surgery will force him to miss the rest of his junior season...williams is a near arizona lock according to a major wildcat donor (some guy told me about elliott pitts raping his sister's teammate, ira lee as a silent commit & allonzo trier's peds/asthma ncca appeal), it's possible he will reconsider his recruitment by an academically mediocre school that won't open many doors outside of basketball down the road in today's fiercely competitive global economy that favors the well educated...all basketball players regardless of their skills are one major injury away from basketball being done with them forever, just ask ray smith...then what, how are you gonna make your dreams still come true?
Shocky1
rip james w barrons

we are all living on borrowed time, did you pursue with passion your dreams today to the end of the earth?

Shocky1;842757558 said:

me & roger doing the hang after saturday's practice with jim (and no, he's not cole welle's grandfather which is what a lot of the his teammates mistakenly believe) who played on pete newell's championship teams, jim bleeds blue & gold and is an avid reader of cal's monster class

cal basketball is timeless#:gobears:
Shocky1

alan crabbe (signed an almost $75 million dollars 4 year contract with the portland trailblazers this offseason), trevin knell (moms wakes him up daily at 5:00 am so he can put up at least 500, sometimes 1000 shots every single day) & jemarl baker (arguably the most elite high school shooter in the nation but who knows for sure because he don't post any stats on his twitter) understand steph's simple message re: the relentless work ethic that is required to become a world class pure shooter & become minted

how does jabari "grandpa" bird put up shots?...before every practice the bird man knocks down 20 shots from each of his designated 7 shooting spots behind the college 3 point line...then after practice jb knocks down 20 shots from each of those 7 spots again behind the perimeter...that's 280 made shots which usually requires at least 400-500 shots

sure hope dontae, roman & juhwan make the commitment to be off to the races too...let's do this

crooked azz shooting is not a fate, it's a decision
Shocky1
thx to moms waking him up at 5:00 am every day so he can put up at least 500+ shots, trevin knell scored 28 points (only got 3 at halftime but then started attacking the basket in the 2nd half) as the wood cross wildcats mauled 61-56 the weber warriors

thx moms:acclaim:

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]2016 NBA second round draft pick Tyrone Wallace
blowing up in the NBA D league[/SIZE]

Shocky1

t-wall told me after a cal preseason practice that his #1 workout priority based upon feedback from the utah jazz coaching staff is his shooting, he's putting up a 1000+ shots every single day

my man tyrone got disruptive length on d, a volume scorer's attack mentality & the ability to make buckets in transition, the unique ability to breakdown defenders & finish with either hand (a highly valued nba skill), a curvy brunette yoga girlfriend with a flat stomach & a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world

trust me if t-wall can improve his perimeter shooting, he's gonna get minted in the nba

let's do this

http://stats.nbadleague.com/player/#!/1627820/stats/?p=tyrone-wallace

ambidextrous (both of them)#:tree
Shocky1
ucla bruins (11-0) gave up a candy azz soft 50 rebounds but unselfishly shared the ball offensively for 27 assists in suspending playing privileges 102-62 at the valley club of montecito for the santa barbara gauchos...1 & done lonzo bell makes everybody on the court better & will not be playing in the pac 12 next season, adios j kidd jr

arizona wildcats (9-2) struggled at mckale with 19 turnovers & continued crooked azz 3 point shooting (30.8%, 4 of 13) in donuting 64-54 don majerle's fast rising grand canyon antelopes behind former cal commit (he got dyslexia) oscar frayer's 16 points...the donut boy of tuscon told allonzo trier that it's ok to take peds/asthama medication, he's running a player's program

princeton tigers (4-5) got barnum & baileyed 76-68 by the st joseph hawks...cal's victory at bloch arena against princeton probably won't be evaluated by the ncca selection committee as a good win with the tigers loss of their best player henry caruso to a toe injury for the remainder of the season

uc davis aggies (5-6) went on the road again & got agricultured 74-70 by the north dakota state bison somewhere in freezing azz almost canada

uc irvine anteaters (5-7) got yannied 76-69 by the nevada reno wolfpack at harrah's
concordtom
It's so rude of you to comment on the WAGs the way you do. Doesn't Kat knock any sense into your head? Or try to?
Bad role modeling for Shay and Taylor!
dal9
HoopDreams;842778558 said:

what is PIE? D-league doing half time pie-eating contests now? Joey Chestnut would be jealous of that 17 pie average.

edit: although if he had gone to AZ, I bet Sean Miller could have coached him up to a 20-22 pie average.
bearmanpg
P.I.E.=Player Impact Estimate...
bearmanpg
P.I.E.=Player Impact Estimate...and I have no clue how to calculate or interpret...
LOUMFSG2
bearmanpg;842778646 said:

P.I.E.=Player Impact Estimate...and I have no clue how to calculate or interpret...

I'm not sure how it is calculated, but in terms of interpretation, there are 10 players on the court, and if they were all average, or equal, they would each have a PIE of 10. Players who are above average have a PIE > 10, and below average players have a PIE < 10.

Edit: I think it tries to estimate what percentage of good things that happen on the court are attributable to the player when he is in. So 10% would be average with 10 players on the court.

Edit 2: I found the formula:

(PTS + FGM + FTM - FGA - FTA + DREB + (.5 * OREB) + AST + STL + (.5 * BLK) - PF - TO) / (GmPTS + GmFGM + GmFTM - GmFGA - GmFTA + GmDREB + (.5 * GmOREB) + GmAST + GmSTL + (.5 * GmBLK) - GmPF - GmTO)

Edit 3: So as I look at the formula, it looks like an average PIE would be less than 10, as you are competing for PIE percentage not only with the 10 guys on the court, but with all the players, including subs, during a game.

Last edit: So Ty is averaging abouy 28 minutes per game. So with 480 total minutes in a game, an average player with 28 mpg would have a PIE of about 6. One thing to note about Ty's stats is that I believe he's only played 3 games so far . . .
LOUMFSG2
Here are the current NBA leaders in PIE, filtering out players who haven't played significant games this year:

1. Russell Westbrook 21.3
2. Anthony Davis 19.7
3. Chris Paul 19.4
4. James Harden 19.1
5. Kevin Durant 18.8
6. LeBron James 18.4
7. DeMarcus Cousins 18.3
8. Thr Greek Freak 17.8
9. Jimmy Butler 17.5
10. Zach Randolph 17.5
11. Kevin Love 17.3
12. Marc Gasol 17.1
13. Kawhi Leonard 16.5

Obviously, Ty is going against D-league competition, but 17.0 is very good
south bender
And it's no perfect stat, obviously, just looking at the list of NBA leaders.

Not that it is meaningless, but Zachary Randolph is #10, and Steph Curry is not on the list...
concordtom
LOUMFSG2;842778672 said:

Here are the current NBA leaders in PIE, filtering out players who haven't played significant games this year:

1. Russell Westbrook 21.3
2. Anthony Davis 19.7
3. Chris Paul 19.4
4. James Harden 19.1
5. Kevin Durant 18.8
6. LeBron James 18.4
7. DeMarcus Cousins 18.3
8. Thr Greek Freak 17.8
9. Jimmy Butler 17.5
10. Zach Randolph 17.5
11. Kevin Love 17.3
12. Marc Gasol 17.1
13. Kawhi Leonard 16.5

Obviously, Ty is going against D-league competition, but 17.0 is very good

What's up with #8, "Thr Greek Freak" ???

Did someone change their name, a la World B. Free or Meta Peace?
LOUMFSG2
concordtom;842778720 said:

What's up with #8, "Thr Greek Freak" ???

Did someone change their name, a la World B. Free or Meta Peace?

Nah, I was typing on a phone, and it was easier
concordtom
LOUMFSG2;842778751 said:

Nah, I was typing on a phone, and it was easier

Ah!
I had to look it up, but yeah, what a mess it would be to spell that name out:
Giannis Antetokounmpo, the so-called Greek Freak...
Shocky1
check out the link to the new ncca eligibility requirements from kevin mccarthy's nor cal basketball blog:
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/12/ncaa-full-qualifier-requirements.html

sorry but a dumb azz 2.3 gpa may get you accepted at arizona & oregon but that **** is not gonna clear admissions at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world...there were actually negotiations with cal admissions to get jaylen brown accepted at cal that involved balancing jb's acceptance with a 3.5 gpa from roman davis

when uninformed (you know, the kind that just watch cal basketball on tv) fans wonder why arizona & oregon can sign more elite d1 basketball players in most years than cal this is the reason, our staff has a much more challenging (and also rewarding road) in targeting true student athletes with strong gpas that got academic ambition & are mentally limitless

it's harder to get dog license than it is to get accepted at academically mediocre schools like arizona & oregon but when their players' eligibility is exhausted they are ****** in today's fiercely global economy that favors the well educated

don't be a dumb azz#
concordtom
Shocky1;842778841 said:

sorry but a dumb azz 2.3 gpa may get you accepted at arizona & oregon but that **** is not gonna clear admissions at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world.

there were actually negotiations with cal admissions to get jaylen brown accepted at cal that involved balancing jb's acceptance with a 3.5 gpa from roman davis

Those two sentences would seem to contradict each other. So, I've gone digging in your past posts to find JB's GPA. Here's what I found:

[INDENT]alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)
charlie moore-3.86 gpa@morgan park
[/INDENT]

King and Bird have the lowest GPA's on this list, 3.0, with Jaylen slightly ahead at 3.1, and Rabb nearby at 3.15.
Thus, you seem to be suggesting that we perhaps took Roman and his 3.5 (and his lower level skills) so that we could get Ivan AND Jaylen?

I spoke to Foti once about all this when Leon was incoming - but it was not a long enough conversation for me to understand how it all works. He said something about each sports program (hoops, football, etc.) has a few chits to play in getting lower academically qualified folks accepted. So, they could dip beneath the level, but not repeatedly, and no one program could hog all the "chits" (my term). It was as if the athletic department had a total of 20 (some figure stuck in my head), but they had to be divvied up, and so the various coaches had to agree upon the allocation, with football getting the larger share than, say, golf - which likely gets none as teams are way smaller and they are non-revenue. I got the impression that basketball maybe got 1 per year...
In this way, academic standards are kept in line, however there are a few exceptions that could be made.

Anything you want to add or amend is fine by me! I've probably very badly misrepresented the way it works.

Oops, there's also Moute at 3.0. Would we have used up a "chit" on him? He wasn't a high level recruit.
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.