cal's monster class deux

1,375,689 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
south bender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842788335 said:

every day, my mom paid her way thru cal working 50+ hours a week & relentlessly competed in a profession which at the time discrimnated against mutt females, she is the strongest & most courageous person i know

cal's monster class=shocky's facebook

together we attack#

That's not an answer.
Shocky1

left to right, charlie "gold coast" moore, ivan "ice in his veins" rabb, dontae "beast mode attacks" coleman, jabari "motor be running" bird, kameron "mama's boy" rook, kingsley "dunk the ******* basketball" okoroh & grant "the wolf of wall street" mullins

a celebration broke out behind the cal bench after young ivee's ice in his veins 2 moneyball free throws & epic game winning block of jordan mclaughlin with bears fans hugging & high fiving each other...usc fans could not believe this **** particularly after coach helton pumped up the crowd during his halftime rose bowl speech with a lot of the football trojans standing with him at center court...but the sad reality is that the galen center is really a sterile facility (feels like an i pic without the blankets & reclining sofas) with the mostly quiet trojan fans (there's no ear splitting eruptions like the roars at haas) while an over amped dj tries but fails to create energy with his sound volume set at 10+...it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball & to be honest with you i don't see that ever changing, usc is a football school

it was a nite the bears could've given up & not resiliently fought thru adversity...the pac 12's most biased ref called a phantom 4th foul on young ivee sending him to the bench but the team didn't complain, guys stepped up & continued to compete...kam's 6 boards in 14 minutes were critical, the california golden bears finally got a bigs rotation with 15 fouls, nobody defends the rim better than our bad azz post bears, they made the trojans very uncomfortable around the basket all game

dontae continues to do great things, he's got a chip on his shoulder like me & he's not afraid to mix it up, you need that mentality in order to win on the road...i dunno maybe he will get a yoga/meditation yoga practice someday but make no mistake about it, dontae plays & looks like his hair is on fire...to the misinformed losers who said my boy dc was a "wasted" scholly, you guys are a bunch of sorry broken down bitch azz male strippers

the king seemed kinda surprised a couple of times tonite when he's so wide open with the ball near the basket...get used to that king, your offensive game is continuing to develop, your already the best rim protector in the pac 12

jabari played with a non stop motor & even when things didn't go his way he continued to compete, his tenancious d & fightin for a game high 8 boards was breathtaking to see up close...the bird man does not quit, the bird man does not die

grant got his financial grading back to a+, the wolf of wall street is ******* money when he steps into his 3 point attempts & he's not just some numbers guy who breaks down the spreadsheet, mullins fights for 50/50 balls on the floor like a predatory venture capitalist on a non negotiable deadline...the game high 5 assists are just a fiscal bonus

charlie isn't all grown up yet but his calm demeanor tells you something about the way he was raised, he is a true leader that cleverly finds the holes/seams in the d & exploits them for lay ups...moore is also starting to look more for young ivee on the lob entry passes...charlie, just throw them all the way up, nobody is gonna get them other than rabb

but mostly tonite's special victory is about the beating heart of ivan rabb, our all american both on & off the court is a special person...he patiently took countless selfies with a sincere smile with thrilled young ones, there's no big time attitude...ivan is 100% healthy & doing the things he's capable of doing now, he's writing the checks & then cashing them

got to visit with nick hamilton's dad mark, bishop o'dowd community activist/academic mentor lou richie, wifeisafurd, meals point & his cute gf, hideki & ivan rabb sr (young ivee's 2 clutch free throws reminded both of us of the california state championship finish vs mater dei at haas back in the day) among others, road victories at faraway venues are a special bonding time for those of us that truly love our califonria golden bears

after the respectful handshake line, the hard working staff & jubilant players ran off the court into the lockeroom screaming with energy, the celebration continues into the smoggy la nite...it's been a good (not great) roadtrip for the bears, for guys like charlie, dontae & grant they got to experience the southland with their teammates while the team stayed in marina del rey for a couple of days, this team is very close & that's gonna make a difference in future close games, this team stays together thru adversity

the magic of cal basketball (are you gonna be in the haas for washington & washington state?)#:bravo
Shocky1
south bender;842788362 said:

That's not an answer.

sorry about that but answering all your questions to your satisfaction isn't a prirority for me

blood in the cut#
Shocky1
ucla bruins (16-1) unselfishly shared the ball for 22 assists & a sloppy 16 turnovers in bitch slapping 89-75 the stanford cardinals (8-8) as the nightmare 1st season for jared haas continues...jordan, you never wanna see jared's man boobs or play for a perennial 20 loss program

#11 ranked virginia cavaliers (12-3) exorcised 79-62 the wake forest demon deacons

former cal recruit vance jackson continues to lose a ****load of games as his "true basketball school" connecticut huskies (6-9) finally won a game...it's not known if his dad got into the game or something
Shocky1
lou richie's bishop o'dowd dragons at the galen center tonite to support their boy young ivee, congrats to elijah hardy on his offer from usc today
mikecohen
south bender;842788362 said:

That's not an answer.

You're not really quibbling over the lack of Capital letters or the use of a comma after the first two words instead of an exclamation point, are you?
Big C
Hey Shocky, great reportage from the U$C game! And I, for one, most definitely will be in the Haas later this week. Go Bears!
Shocky1
:chainsaw:chainsaw
Big C_Cal;842788435 said:

Hey Shocky, great reportage from the U$C game! And I, for one, most definitely will be in the Haas later this week. Go Bears!

big c, that's great news that your gonna represent & do your part in creating insane gameday crowd noise for the washington & washington state battles at the barricade, elite recruits wanna play in front of big time crowds with the true fans guarding their backs

there's still tix(s) on calbears.com (buying from stubhub or scalpers does nothing for the program financially in moving forward), check out the seating chart ticket availability for each game, watching cal basketball on tv is for losers & could result in fatalities for our california golden bear true student athletes

get out & roar, live a little

let's do this

every voice matters at the barricade (what's your dream?)#:chainsaw
HoopDreams
Great to see Kameron Rooks on the court with his teammates
With Cal's other bigs in foul trouble, his 14 minutes was one of the keys to the win (defense, 6 rebounds, 4 points)

UrsaMajor
Enjoyed the write-up, Shock, but FYI, the block was on McGlaughlin, not Metu. Also, not sure who is the P12's most biased ref--Dave Hall or Mike Greenstein--unfortunately both were "officiating" (need to put that in quotes) last night.
bearmanpg
David Hall is the ref that got us against UVa and UA...I vote for Hall as the worst....
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842788623 said:

Enjoyed the write-up, Shock, but FYI, the block was on McGlaughlin, not Metu. Also, not sure who is the P12's most biased ref--Dave Hall or Mike Greenstein--unfortunately both were "officiating" (need to put that in quotes) last night.

thx ursa for the correction, game report edited to list mclaughlin as the young ivee game winning blocked shot rejectee

got no problem with dave hall, he's respectful & listens to every team's coaching staff's input, he calls the game the way he sees it without bias

mike greenstein is a different deal & to be honest with you i've kinda been part of the problem

in a preseason game last season i'm standing/screaming late in the game with the bears way ahead when greenstein says to me while facing the court with me standing behind him near the top of the circle "why don't you just give it a rest and shut up now, ok?"

i thought he was joking & told him "are you kidding, the walks on are in now, that's the best part of the game" & continued with my usual high decibel coaching up of the guys on the floor, that was a mistake in retrospect

taylor tells me "can you believe the referee just told you to shut up, how rude"

so then we play arizona later on & there's a stop in the action & nobody knows what's going on while greenstein starts talking to cal security...ashwin puri comes over to me & tells me that the ref wants me bounced from haas because i'm interfering with the play on the court & that i gotta stay in my chair the rest of the game...i tell ash no worries i'll comply...on the next play jordan mathews is instantly called for an phantom offensive foul by greenstein who then theatrically signals the ball is going the other way

lesson learned, this **** is getting live & the last thing i would ever want to do is hurt the bears from potentially winning a game

so check out the foto below right at the game's end of cal's epic 74-73 victory over arizona, i'm still standing near my seat until i'm 100% sure we can all storm the floor...this is a very special foto to me because if you look carefully my wonderful daughter taylor that i love very much is holding my wrist to make sure i don't do anything stoopid...thank you, sweetie, who's the kid again?

the next bears game that greenstein refs i apologize to him for my actions & try to shake his hand during the early warm ups, man to man we all make mistakes...but he keeps jogging/streching down the floor & is apparently ignoring my apology

i'm disappointed by this & taylor can tell and she says "don't worry, dad, at least you tried"...but then greenstein jogs by us again & without looking at me says "i heard what you said and i have a very short memory...and refs can't shake hands with fans"...i'm thrilled by his response & give him a thumbs up...since that time i've significantly toned down my noise (being respectful) when mike officiates our games, it's not my intent to hassle any refs or adversely impact any games

there were other issues during the season & the pac 12 commissioner of officiating even got involved

last nite greenstein made the phantom 4th foul call on rabb...i sat directly behind coach martin in the 1st row & to his credit coach never blinked an eye, didn't flinch, didn't say anything to the staff...we took the punch & moved on with a focus on relentlessly competing, no ******* excuses

there's a lot of stuff in life that's beyond our control, my yoga/meditation practice is teaching me to be more at peace with that

namastae (shut up, shocky)#
concordtom
Shocky1;842787023 said:

piece of **** dillon brooks was ejected with a flagrant 2 foul for intentionally kicking josh hawkenson in the balls as the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (15-2) continued their journey into the heart of darkness under criminal dana altman's calculated watch in physically attacking 85-66 the washington state cougars (9-6)
[video=youtube;0Q2tiYX6L3o][/video]

Pretty hilarious.
Watch at :23 where Brooks appears to mouth "F--k You, (someone)"
concordtom
south bender;842788314 said:

Does your mom read your thread?

May she rest in peace.

Shocky1;842788335 said:

every day, my mom paid her way thru cal working 50+ hours a week & relentlessly competed in a profession which at the time discrimnated against mutt females, she is the strongest & most courageous person i know

Except that she was not a mutt - not that I could tell.

(Our moms got their lattes at Big Rock! :p)
concordtom
south bender;842788314 said:

Does your mom read your thread?

Shocky1;842788335 said:

cal's monster class=shocky's facebook

together we attack#

Shocky1;842788888 said:

thx ursa for the correction, game report edited to list mclaughlin as the young ivee game winning blocked shot rejectee

got no problem with dave hall, he's respectful & listens to every team's coaching staff's input, he calls the game the way he sees it without bias

mike greenstein is a different deal & to be honest with you i've kinda been part of the problem

in a preseason game last season i'm standing/screaming late in the game with the bears way ahead when greenstein says to me while facing the court with me standing behind him near the top of the circle "why don't you just give it a rest and shut up now, ok?"

i thought he was joking & told him "are you kidding, the walks on are in now, that's the best part of the game" & continued with my usual high decibel coaching up of the guys on the floor, that was a mistake in retrospect

taylor tells me "can you believe the referee just told you to shut up, how rude"

so then we play arizona later on & there's a stop in the play & nobody knows what's going on while greenstein starts talking to cal security...ashwin puri comes over to me & tells me that the ref wants me bounced from haas because i'm interfering with the play on the court & that i gotta stay in my chair the rest of the game...i tell ash no worries i'll comply...on the next play jordan mathews is instantly called for an phantom offensive foul by greenstein who then theatrically signals the ball is going the other way

lesson learned, this **** is getting live & the last thing i would ever want to do is hurt the bears from potentially winning a game

so check out the foto below right at the game's end of cal's epic 74-73 victory over arizona, i'm still standing near my seat until i'm 100% sure we can all storm the floor...this is a very special foto to me because if you look carefully my wonderful daughter taylor that i love very much is holding my wrist to make sure i don't do anything stoopid...thank you, sweetie, who's the kid again?

the next bears game that greenstein refs i apologize to him for my actions & try to shake his hand during the early warm ups, man to man we all make mistakes...but he keeps jogging/streching down the floor & is apparently ignoring my apology

i'm disappointed by this & taylor can tell and she says "don't worry, dad, at least you tried"...but then greenstein jogs by us again & without looking at me says "i heard what you said and i have a very short memory...and refs can't shake hands with fans"...i'm thrilled by his response & give him a thumbs up...since that time i'm significantly toning down my noise when mike officiates our games, it's not my intent to hassle any refs or adversely impact any games

there were other issues during the season & the pac 12 commissioner of officiating even got involved

last nite greenstein made the phantom 4th foul call on rabb...i sat directly behind coach martin in the 1st row & to his credit coach never blinked an eye, didn't flinch, didn't say anything to the staff...we took the punch & moved on with a focus on relentlessly competing, no ******* excuses

there's a lot of stuff in life that's beyond our control, my yoga/meditation practice is teaching me to be more at peace with that

namastae (shut up, shocky)#

My respects to you for sharing this story. And I recall a time or two when Cal staff tried to coral you at the end of games last season (perhaps unsuccessfully if I recall.

By the way, it's now become a thing for me to find you on the court. Your purple worked better than the fuchsia for "red" USC, allowed you to stand out vs Blue. I get your gig, and look for you now to see how you behave. You're (for better or worse) part of the show now.
I take it that was Wife in blue next to you.
Cheers, Wife.
Good thing there was a high rail so you guys couldn't jump over (and fall onto the table with staff below.)
Those seats were far better than the ones you got at UCLA, Shocky. Anything behind the end-line (and low) like that is no good.

Back to Greenstein - hey, refs CAN'T get every call right. It's a tough, terrible, game to officiate.
At least he has the decency to come and talk to you the way he did - sounds like that was handled well.
Shocky1
concordtom;842788927 said:

By the way, it's now become a thing for me to find you on the court

where's shocky/#
concordtom
Since nobody is wearing your color, I'll suggest the cowboy hat. That's unique.
Wear a cowboy hat and everyone who doesn't already know will know.
By the way, speaking of hats, how come you didn't wear your custom Shocky Cal hat?
Shocky1
[video=youtube;j7tLQnyYRaw][/video]

the magic of cal basketball#:wave
Shocky1
yeah the cal staff is working to officially trip priority 2017 prospect team canada under 17 6'9" 210 lbs grant shepard from british columbia who's currently playing at the national powerhouse montverde academy in florida...shepard is like a skilled & tenacious david kravish with a stronger body (at the same age) that can do multple things at the 4

grant, we already got another guy with the same 1st name from the people's republic of canuckistan on the team but make no mistake about it, your not my favorite canadian, it's not even close

elevate (mentally & athletically)#:bluecarrot:

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the great white north)
HoopDreams

Shocky1
alcron state braves (4-10) got outbanded 67-62 by the grambling tigers, that was a special fall afternoon in berkeley

[video=youtube;naci6vZUqKc][/video]
Shocky1
if you call 1-800-gobears today & get tix(s) for the washington and/or washington state game, the players will personally deliver the tix(s) to your front door no matter where you live in north america & its territories, they got plenty of time because classes don't start again until tuesday january 17th...nicky ham like to carry the goods

tix(s) are as cheap as $18 so even bi bison bob & fat cocoon can afford to experience the magic of cal basketball instead of watching on tv (which is for losers) & just posting their normal misinformed stoopid **** on the game threads here

the time is now (for putting up 1000+ practice shots a day)#

Shocky1;842753850 said:

nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton, charlie "3.86 gpa" moore & dontae "call me don" coleman during the day taking care of biz

them bozos at nite serving looks at them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs, the sad rescue dog take me home look, sometimes that **** works

no wonder coach martin got no hair#:headbang
Shocky1
coach martin translation:

"putting the work in" & "putting the time in"=putting up a 500+ practice shots a day & defending hard in practice

[video=youtube;trxQ8PcYNhY][/video]
UrsaMajor
Shocky:

I know your love for lots of practice shots, and I get it. However, if your shooting form is off (see: Domingo, Stephen), the more you practice it, the worse your shooting will get, since you'll be creating muscle memory of bad habits. That's why players with bad form don't improve from practice alone.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842790068 said:

Shocky:

I know your love for lots of practice shots, and I get it. However, if your shooting form is off (see: Domingo, Stephen), the more you practice it, the worse your shooting will get, since you'll be creating muscle memory of bad habits. That's why players with bad form don't improve from practice alone.

ursa, i graduated with straight a's & phi beta kappa honors from the haas biz school because i studied while others slept, i got ahead in the biz world because i outworked the competition, i played the world's top 100 courses because i made trips around the globe while other people watch tv, i can now do headstands with a flatter stomach because i got a 5 days a week yoga/meditation so when nba scouts & college/high school coaches tell me that pure shooters aren't born, they're created by putting up 500+ (ideally 1000+) shots a day i believe them...crooked azz shooting is a choice, not a fate

dom left st ignatius after his junior year for georgetown, that's a lot of buckets/confidence building experience he missed by never being a go to elite senior...he averaged only around 13 ppg as a junior, he could've developed as a premiere scorer his senior season...if the family wasn't comfortable with the coaches at si he could've transferred to another high school in the city...still rooting for stephen to have his day in the sun in berkeley

outwork the competition (sleep & clothes are for losers)#

Shocky1
ronald ****** up, yeah jemarl baker is one of the nominees for the 2017 mcdonalds all american game in chicago but my boys trevin knell (he's by far the best player in utah, the only nominee from the state is a clown compared to him) & juhwan harris dyson (the spider fly is a better defender than any of the bitch azz male stripper nominees from california) aren't nominated at all

not happy about this at all, i would boycott mcdonalds but i wouldn't eat that **** in a million years anyways, coach nic is all about a balanced & healthy nutritional plan

juhwan & trevin, i feel you pain but you gotta keep your **** together, ok?...and i thought marcus, jaylen, young ivee & the bird man were gonna put in a good word for you, guess that didn't happen...guess ronald is selecting someone else

[video=youtube;Ik6wSjownnA][/video]

arby's rules (ok, not really)#:crazy
mikecohen
Shocky1;842790097 said:

ursa, i graduated with straight a's & phi beta kappa honors from the haas biz school because i studied while others slept, i got ahead in the biz world because i outworked the competition, i played the world's top 100 courses because i made trips around the globe while other people watch tv, i can now do headstands with a flatter stomach because i got a 5 days a week yoga/meditation so when nba scouts & college/high school coaches tell me that pure shooters aren't born, they're created by putting up 500+ (ideally 1000+) shots a day i believe them...crooked azz shooting is a choice, not a fate

dom left st ignatius after his junior year for georgetown, that's a lot of buckets/confidence building experience he missed by never being a go to elite senior...he averaged only around 13 ppg as a junior, he could've developed as a premiere scorer his senior season...if the family wasn't comfortable with the coaches at si he could've transferred to another high school in the city...still rooting for stephen to have his day in the sun in berkeley

outwork the competition (sleep & clothes are for losers)#

Shocky: (as you know) Usually I defend you. In this case, I am astounded as to how much you missed the point.
socaltownie
mikecohen;842790208 said:

Shocky: (as you know) Usually I defend you. In this case, I am astounded as to how much you missed the point.

I think that Domingo's problems are surely all in his head. Lack of practice and poor form might be part of him missing bombs from 22 feet. Mental issues are causing him to miss LAYUPS. I really feel awful for him. Thus he will nail a game winner at some critical point in the season.
Shocky1

mike, trust me, i've heard that before more than once but that's ok, we're not here to judge or anything

the world according to shocky#
Shocky1
justice, congrats on your actionable offer from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world, that's an amazing achievement:bravo

let's be real here, a utah (which is an academically mediocre school) degree is not gonna open as many doors in life, what's gonna be the best way for you to achieve all your dreams in life?...trust me, your dad would love (but probably isn't expecting) a surprise present of new wheels from you someday, how are you gonna get that done?

hopefully your gonna be able to schedule an official visit to berkeley in the near future

50 year decision#

Shocky1;842786771 said:

with the cal staff in attendance justice sueing jr scored 18 points as the mater dei monarchs circled of life 67-54 the st john bosco braves

josh gershon has confirmed that justice will ranked as a 4 star top 100 player in the final 2017 rankings

Shocky1;842782697 said:

with so cal standouts jemarl baker (top 50 talent, arguably the nation's purest long range shooter) & juhwan harris dyson (arguably the best coast's top lockdown 2/3 defender, the spider fly is relentless) already committed along with elite sharpshooter trevin knell (will enroll in 2019), the cal staff is going hard at 6'6" 210 lbs justice sueing of mater dei high school for cal's go all the way up class (2017)

why haven't you heard of justice sueing jr before, why isn't he currently nationally ranked?

justice played his freshman year of high school basketball at westview high school in avondale, arizona...as a sophmore the swingman averaged 19.9 ppg (with 78.4% on free throws knocking down a remarkable 127 of them) in league play at the mary knoll school in honolulu, his dad justice sueing sr was an assistant coach & is well known/respected on the islands after playing for the university of hawaii back in the day (1990s)

sueing is now at california powerhouse mater dei high school & is absolutely blowing up with recent games of 16 points vs lynwood today, 27 points vs chino hills (and the ball bros), 21 points vs st augustine & 25 points vs bishop montgomery (the preseason #1 ranked team in california)...the lefty fearlessly attacks the basket & finishes thru contact (and then makes the free throws for the +1), got an above aveage shooting stroke, can facilitate his team's half court offense & physically defends several positions with a bad azz attitude

listen to the poised & articulate true student athlete in the video below, he is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.8 gpa
[video=youtube;2voeGlY7728][/video]

justice is gonna be ranked in the top 100 in the final 2017 rankings just like predicted here for charlie moore in the final 2016 rankings...he's already officially visited academically mediocre utah & almost died of frostbite in freezing azz salt lake city ("utah had an amazing environment") & also tripped to the sheltered st marys campus...the warm weather hawaiian native would be a strong fit both athletically & academically to compete for the wide open starting 3 battle next season upon the bird man's graduation to hopefully the nba in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area with ideal year round weather in a family first team environment

yeah the shockster & the staff all are in on justice sueing jr...and if you ask him where he live, he's hopefully gonna point at the berkeley hills & tell you to go all the way up

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the islands):gobears:
mikecohen
socaltownie;842790214 said:

I think that Domingo's problems are surely all in his head. Lack of practice and poor form might be part of him missing bombs from 22 feet. Mental issues are causing him to miss LAYUPS. I really feel awful for him. Thus he will nail a game winner at some critical point in the season.

As my friends used to say about me (claiming I was perverse): I agree every fourth one. But I do think that the layups I saw him miss were due not to brain farts but to lack of finishing skills (a problem Cobb had until his senior year, and which Don Coleman seemed to have until, miraculously, it turned out that he had a lot of skill at it - really almost pro level)
bearmanpg
There is nothing wrong with Domingo's shooting form...actually it is very good...his problem is confidence...in warm-ups he hits the 3 pt shot 60 to 70%....he may need some hypnosis to block out his fears....
petalumabear

Mike... Go to the Insider Board. He's missing it so much there (going head to head with MB and beardog26 - two of the most plugged in posters when it comes to football) that if he was trying to "throw it in the ocean while standing in the middle of the Pacific " he'd hit land. One of the most hilarious exchanges I've read on these boards in the past (almost ) 15 years...
Shocky1
the bi polar san diego aztecs (9-7) know the way 76-61 to the san jose spartans...the aztecs are a remarkably different team without malik pope who played an inspired game in his hometown sacramento at the golden1 center in conquering the roster depleted bears...gregg gottlieb recruited both sacto high school stars malik pope & cameron oliver until he figured out that these 2.5 gpa dumb azzs were more interested in playing video games than homework & that they were never gonna get cleared by cal admissions...but the aztecs got the cheerleading recruiting thing in the gaslight district after midnite down for sure

what's in your wallet? (24 dollahs)#:woohoo:woohoo
Shocky1

battle of the comets (sorry elijah)#:nono:
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.