cal's monster class deux

1,375,785 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[video=youtube;1GqM0OM4Kv0][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jabari played one of his best games this year with a deadly 6-10 (4-7 from deep) shooting, including a 'in your face' trey from the corner
Jabari has the length and hops to rise above a defender and just drill it
He also grabbed 4 boards and dished 2 assists[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]yeah, just what I thought...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
ucla bruins (17-1) knocked down an unreal 19 of 31 (61.3%) 3 pointers including 9 of 14 from bryce alford (37 points) as they stampeded 104-89 the colorado buffaloes (10-7)

1 & done lauri markkanen scored 30 points with 8 boards as the arizona wildcats (16-2) stipper poled 91-75 the arizona state sun devils (9-9)...make no mistake about it jordan, tuscon is a dump

after a cupcake preseason schedule the puffy & sugared up usc trojans (15-3) got a freezing azz wake up call 86-64 from the utah utes (12-4) in salt lake city

stanford cardinals (9-8) stud reid travis returned to the lineup for 17 points as the cards kicked to the curb 84-54 the very thin roster (basically only 4 guys scored tonite) washington state cougars (9-7) who lost the battle of the boards -18...and guess what, the bears are a way better rebounding team than the cards, cal has got a chance to physically pound/wear down the cougs on saturday at 1:00 pm at haas pavilion, are you gonna be there?

louisiana tech bulldogs (11-6) sold a bunch of fool's gold 79-73 to the charlotte 49ers

southeastern louisiana lions (10-8) circled of life 56-50 the abilene christian wildcats

south dakota state jackrabbits (8-12) got endangered 94-88 by the oral roberts golden eagles

cal poly mustangs (5-11) got lost at hearst castle 87-74 to the cal state fullerton titans

uc irvine anteaters (10-9) sold dizzyland passes 66-62 to the santa barbara gauchos

uc davis aggies (10-8) got agricultured 61-55 by the uc riverside highlanders
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]vs Washington...
Double Double
20 points, 14 rebounds[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]In 5 Pac 12 games...
Averaging 18 Points, 15 Rebounds[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the consensus among the nba scouts i spoke to tonite is that tj leaf (likely 1st rounder) & thomas welsh (2nd rounder) will probably declare after this season, their stock will never be higher after playing with once in a lifetime distributor/faciitator lonzo ball...the nba opinion is that alford doesn't teach defensive fundamentals & that if all 5 starters are gone next season that ucla could the worst trending team in the nation next season, the rapist enabling alford better enjoy the lonzo magic in a bottle trick before it vanishes before his eyes

just a trick of the lights#

Shocky1;842786822 said:

the ucla bruins were 15-17 last season & are a special team this season with once in a lifetime (jason kidd impact kinda player) lonzo bell & the offensively gifted tj leaf

but both bell & leaf are 1 & done and along with the departures of seniors bryce alford & issac hamilton, the bruins could be 15-17 again next season in westwood...and if thomas welsh makes the unwise decision to declare early too (welsh considered leaving after last season), 15-17 might be a good season

the culture of the ucla basketball program hasn't changed, they have just rented the services of 2 unselfish impact playerss for 1 season, alford's teams will always be fudamentally not sound on defense & its a unique team like this years bruins that can outscore opponents in most games

ruh roh#:bigpuke:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coleman shows he's got an arsenal of attack moves
Tonight he displayed a hesitation move and a euro step

Hope he's okay[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal's defense held Fultz to 3 of 15 shooting and 10 under his average, and held UW to 20 pts under their average

Defense wins games[/SIZE]

concordtom
HoopDreams;842792200 said:

[SIZE=5]vs Washington...
Double Double
20 points, 14 rebounds[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]In 5 Pac 12 games...
Averaging 18 Points, 15 Rebounds[/SIZE]

I will say, his work on the glass is remarkable!
Pogo stick and stickum.
concordtom
Shocky, I'll be at haas again Saturday. Pink worked tonight, mildly, but won't vs the cougs (white/red).
Try blue, gold, or green.
Shocky1
tom, probably gonna wear white on saturday after walking an early morning 18 at san francisco golf club (doak's renovation work on the tillinghast masterpiece has faitfhully restored tilly's magic without leaving his fingerprints), drop by on by during the early warm ups to say hello at hour before the game (gonna be at the barricade at noon for the 1:00 tip off), that's an open invitation to any california golden bears basketball fan including yourself that wants to talk about the program (bonus: it's expected you'll get to meet justin wilcox too)

us mutts are very friendly, just ask ivan rabb, brandon chauca, kameron rooks, derek king, nick hamilton & brenden glapion...when your a true mutt, loving/adopting a rescue dog is in your blood, let's do this

shocky is color blind#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for very friendly people):bluecarrot:
Shocky1
tres tinkle had a ct scan on his broken right hand tuesday & doctors concluded that not enough progress has been made on one of the fractures for him to play this weekend against oregon

the bears gameplanning for the beavers game in corvallis on january 21st will be impacted by his return or not, osu don't got an interior post presence without him & they struggle to defend & rebound with him on the sidelines...tinkle outplayed all of the cal bigs (although it's not widely known but young ivee got the flu in the freezing azz northwest during that disastrous roadtrip) in oregon state's homecourt win in their tiny high school trap house gym
Shocky1
yeah bobby "off to the races" hurley is building the program the right way with high character true student athletes like buffalo transfer torian graham that know how to flip the bird
[video=youtube;vvvrji-NWVY][/video]

if you told me that hurley went to a seminar taught by dana altman on how to win basketball games at all costs (without integrity or academic ambition) i would believe you

bobby teaching life skills#

Shocky1;842784422 said:

truth in advertising: i dunno maybe the asu slogan shouldn't be "fear the fork" but something more truthful like "fear the library & **** like that"...bobby "off to the races" hurley has assembled an athletic bunch of nomadic d1 & jc transfers 2.5 gpa dumb azzs, his recruiting niche is guys with troubled pasts & minimal academic ambition...bobby promised the sun angels donors when he was hired that he was gonna build the duke of the west but it's looking more like the tark's unlv teams from back in the day
UrsaMajor
Shocky:

Were you in the Haas last night? I didn't see you there, and no one was jumping up and down on the sideline.

btw, we were both wrong--Charlie guarded Fultz when he was in the game and did an admirable job (except for the fouls).
Jeff82
He was. Pink shirt on the sideline opposite the Huskies bench.
LOUMFSG2
Jeff82;842792610 said:

He was. Pink shirt on the sideline opposite the Huskies bench.

Sitting with Sir Richard Midgley
Shocky1

walked 18 holes at the olympic lake today on a clear 61 degrees san francisco winter day, the relatively new long & uphill par 3 8th hole (foto above) that was built for the 2012 us open still hasn't grown on me...the old short par 3 8th hole offered a much needed scoring opportunity (along with the terrific risk/reward drivable par 4 7th hole with its tiny undulating 3 tier green with clever pin placements) after the brutal stretch of challenging par 4s on the 2nd thru the 6th holes, great designs have rhythm (just like your favorite songs) & sometimes a quirky micro par 3 counterbalances the demands of other relentlessly challenging holes

gotta eat something but in a demonstrative support of my boys trevin & juhwan getting screwed by ronald, no way i'm gonna eat at the ******* golden arches...i dunno maybe i'll grab a quick bite to eat & dine at one of the community tables at nomu gagi at 18th & delores in the mission district...would also like to get some laps in too but there's no time to swim at garfield at 5

yeah gonna go watch them lou richie coached up bishop o'dowd dragons (elijah hardy, naseem gaskins & raymond hawkins) play at mt eden high school at 7:00 pm this evening somewhere in hayward but who's fault is that?

friday in the bay area (the paris of the americas)#

Shocky1;842790105 said:

ronald ****** up, yeah jemarl baker & justice sueing jr are nominees for the 2017 mcdonalds all american game in chicago but my boys trevin knell (he's by far the best player in utah, the only nominee from the state is an ugly azz clown compared to him) & juhwan harris dyson (the spider fly is a better defender than any of the bitch azz male stripper nominees from california) aren't nominated at all

not happy about this at all, i would boycott mcdonalds but i wouldn't eat that **** in a million years anyways, coach nic is all about a balanced & healthy nutritional plan

juhwan & trevin, i feel you pain but you gotta keep your **** together, ok?...and i thought marcus, jaylen, young ivee & the bird man were gonna put in a good word for you, guess that didn't happen...guess ronald is selecting someone else

[video=youtube;Ik6wSjownnA][/video]

arby's rules (ok, not really)#:crazy
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]my fav New Zealander with SIX blocks
(and 4-7 shooting, 2 assists and 1 steal)[/SIZE]

bearmanpg
If anyone is interested, Alex Lomax from Memphis East High School, a Cal recruit, is playing right now on CBSSHD, channel 1643 on uverse....
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Midseason Wooden Award candidate Kristine Anigwe with an absolute MONSTER game
29 pts on 9-14 shooting, ELEVEN FOR ELEVEN FREE THROWS, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 steals[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Filipino Heritage Game[/SIZE]

Shocky1

https://vimeo.com/45797764

enjoyed watching the best 6-5 (they've played a brutal tournament preseason on the road against nationally ranked teams) high school team in the united states of america as the bishop o'dowd dragons fireballed 75-57 the mt eden monarchs in hayward

2018 true point guard elijah hardy (offered by usc last sunday during the dragons visit to la, the team sat behind the trojans basket & watched their boy young ivee's epic game winning block up close) makes a lot of amazing passes that make the crowd buzz but there's still some mustard on that hotdog with careless passing turnovers...elijah had trouble finishing around the basket tonite & he tends to drive & finish with his dominant left hand...lots of upside to hardy & the dragons will need him to continue to mature/lead his team when the california state championship open division rolls around

2018 naseem gaskins finished the game strong with a couple of dontae coleman like basket attacking buckets...naseem got a smooth & accurate stroke with a kinda low release point...he's an active defender that can steal the ball as a +1 athlete...very unselfish, like all of the dragons he's willing to share the ball

2019 6'8" raymond hawkins played limited minutes due to a couple of disciplinary issues (he's a really good kid from a rough background) but he's like kingsley okoroh in that he alters & blocks a lot of shots, he's a very talented rim protector that needs to avoid the reaching fouls

so are the dragons gonna rest on their big regular season opening game victory?

that's not gonna happen, coach richie got them dragons lined up for a saturday morning 9 to 11 am study session, get some sleep boys

gpas matter (don't be a dumb azz)#ork:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]@JIBrown21 had 31 points & 18 rebounds tonight[/SIZE]

Shocky1
princeton tigers (9-6) barnum and baileyed 97-66 the brown bears without potential cal 2017 graduate transfer target henry caruso...some of the pluses for caruso are that he got a 3.9 gpa & 1920 on his sat and he's never done peds with barry bonds or allonzo trier...on the flip side, he can't throw the football like tom brady

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san mateo):gobears:
Shocky1

my neice bailey loves doing selfies with her favorite cougar but klay's not my favorite cougar at all, it's not even close

reality is that curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools like washington state wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave school & enter the real world, it's just the way the world works

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the palouse)
Shocky1
torian graham has deleted his original "apology" tweet in which he claimed his flipping off the fans at mckale was because they yelled racial slurs at him

with all the underage drinking on campus & a partying academically disinterested student population that is attracted by the almost zero academic admissions requirements (95%+ acceptance rate), anything is possible

but torian & i can both definitely agree on one thing, tuscon is a dump

Shocky1;842792404 said:

yeah bobby "off to the races" hurley is building the program the right way with high character true student athletes like buffalo transfer torian graham that know how to flip the bird
[video=youtube;vvvrji-NWVY][/video]

if you told me that hurley went to a seminar taught by dana altman on how to win basketball games at all costs (without integrity or academic ambition) i would believe you

bobby teaching life skills#
concordtom
Shocky1;842792311 said:

tom, probably gonna wear white on saturday after walking an early morning 18 at san francisco golf club (doak's renovation work on the tillinghast masterpiece has faitfhully restored tilly's magic without leaving his fingerprints), drop by on by during the early warm ups to say hello at hour before the game (gonna be at the barricade at noon for the 1:00 tip off), that's an open invitation to any california golden bears basketball fan including yourself that wants to talk about the program (bonus: it's expected you'll get to meet justin wilcox too)

us mutts are very friendly, just ask ivan rabb, brandon chauca, kameron rooks, derek king, nick hamilton & brenden glapion...when your a true mutt, loving/adopting a rescue dog is in your blood, let's do this

shocky is color blind#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for very friendly people):bluecarrot:

Thank you for the kind invitation.
I imagine you are out on your walk now. Good for you!

You know, Saturday/Sunday mornings for me in Montclair about this hour, I would have been finishing up my Oakland Tribune paper route and heading to meet the other guys at Colonial Donuts. The memory of an old fashioned glazed, apple fritter, or dozen donut holes sure does hit the spot right about now. Mmmm. Tasty.
Shocky1

the washington state cougars (9-7) are an improved team this year as evidenced by ernie kent's squad winning their 1st two pac 12 games this season including an impressive on the road 79-74 victory over their arch rival washington huskies in seattle

the cougars are led by the high motor 6'10" josh hawkenson (15.8 ppg & 10.3 rpg), 6'2" 195 lbs ike iroegbu (11.1 ppg & a team high 3.0 apg), true freshman 6'1" 170 lbs malachi flynn (10.9 ppg & a lethal 43.9% on 3 pointers, bears gotta know where the shooter is at all times on the court) & 7' 260 lbs connor clifford (10.3 ppg)

here's the deal, washington state is a dangerous team with talented starters but they got no depth...only 4 guys basically scored in the 30 points blowout at palo alto on thursday nite...the cougs are the worst offensive rebonding (5.9 rpg) team in the pac 12, the bears will have a significant post advantage with young ivee, kam & the king...i would love to see both roman & cole get some opportunities to attack the basket too

relentessly pound the ******* ball inside, ok?...and then do it again...and then do it again...and then do it again...and then do it again

ivan, the nba wants to hear you call out your teammates & demand the ******* basketball, are you gonna impose your will this afternoon at 1:00 pm or what?

let's do this young ivee, let's do this

physically compete (knock somebody on their azz)#
concordtom
Sounds like an Ivan vs Josh contest.
(The game within the game.)

Now, if Shocky is presently golf-walky, that must be Taylor who be doin' the talkie.
concordtom
Taylor stayed home like Sasha Obama - had a test - so she can get into her dream school.

You go girl!!
Homework first!
HoopDreams

Shocky1
another perfect day in the spectacular bay area (the paris of the united states), san francisco golf club est magnfique

my only criticism of my former place of employment as a caddie back in the day is that the club adheres to a strict policy of all gentlemen wearing long pants (clothes are for losers)

i love sfgc as much as my beloved golf de morfontaine, tres bon

gameday (let's do this)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;IcmwSkiySug][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;mWC_lX_6Da0][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;xFjruguFtic][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;SpoP59LYIbk][/video]
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.