cal's monster class deux

1,375,892 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Post game report loading...
Baited breath!
Shocky1

looming in the shadows, sam "joe's stone crabs" singer

the game is on the line with seconds ticking off the clock & a relentless cougar attacks the basket with a bear fatality predatory rise to the rim but guess what happened?

my boy sammy singer came out of nowhere & pulled out the victory with a ballz of steel game changing charge...just like the usc game with young ivee's epic shot rejection (without fouling), singer's unselfish willingness to take the blunt force trauma was the difference in an ugly azz battle...this team's identity is a lockdown d so it's no surprise that another game would be decided by a courageous stand at the barricade

sam told me after the game that he wasn't worried about taking the hit but that he wasn't 100% sure he was outside of the charge free zone, no worries sammy you were 100% legal baby...singer is gonna play in israel's 2017 maccabi games (the jewish quadrennial olympics) after he graduates from the haas biz school & wants to play pro basketball as long as possible...whenever he gets back to miami, sam & his family always dine at my favorite spot, joe's stone crabs which is approximately 94 times better than red lobster & **** like that

jabari's moneyball dagger to the heart 3 pointer assured the win & a truly joyous smile from the bird man...charlie's not facilitating/distrubuting the ball enough but had strong ball stabiiity with zero turnovers & founds seams in the cougars d for 11 points...stephen played bad azz d & his 2 steals were grand larceny...grant's 3 point stroke looks great, he's shooting in rhythm which is gonna continue to pay dividends

the bears did not impose their will in the game by taking advantage of their inside height advantage & that's gotta change sooner than later...kam looks real healthy physically & played really well in defending & grabbing 5 boards along with 3 blocks in 18 minutes, fully expect for k(rooks) to continue on his upward trajectory of honoring his dad sean this season...yeah it's good to be the king, he also got 5 boards & 3 blocks in 20 minutes...it says something about young ivee that he led the bears in assists this afternoon with 3, the bears are 11th in the pac 12 in assists with an abysmal 12.8 apg

a fun afternoon in berkeley doing the hang with academic mentor/community activist lou richie & his dragons staff (including adam & his cute mixed mutt wife rachel), tamarik rabb (a serious student with academic ambition & plans to study biz in college), mike montgomery (asked him how he gets so much noise out of his foot stomping, this is an important skill i need to perfect in my coaching ascension/development), roxy (he got a $250 tailored suit in china) & his cute fashionista daughter, my cousins sydney & bailey, bad bucks & his buddy bill

and yeah the cal band is ******* great

watching on tv isn't quite the same magical experience as battling at the barricade with the guys

oregon roadtrip up next:axe
Shocky1
dragons coach lou richie told me that his 2018 true point guard elijah hardy got credited with 12 assists last nite vs mt eden

gpas & test scores matter#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (## overall) university in the world (and a 15 minute drive from oak town)
concordtom
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Sam Singer[/COLOR] made the Play of the Game by taking the charge to preserve the win.

The refs got the call right. Sam was outside the restricted area and set.
You will also see that he was defending WSU star Hawkinson, but Sam recognized that Domingo was on an island defending Flynn. There was no Cal help side defense, so Sam filled the gap. Watch the replay at 50 seconds at 25% speed:

[video=youtube;IcmwSkiySug][/video]

He also had the Offensive Play of the Game, when he caught a WSU shot on the baseline in full sprint, raced down court beating the entire WSU defense, and scored at the basket.

3-4 shooting including 1-1 from 3, 3 rebounds and an assist. The biggest play of the game isn't in his box score.

Sam played like a senior veteran all game[/SIZE]

concordtom
great call, great post, HD.
Thank you!
I think WSU could make an argument that he wasn't quite set - the rule is that he can't move from the time the offensive guy starts his shooting move, and that is probably determined by which side you're on. After the game, Sam didn't sound completely confident that he was set, which I thought was totally fair of him (integrity!) - it's bam bam quick and you have to slow it down in super slow-mo to form an opinion. That said, it was clear to me based on the in-house video that WSU never should have even had the ball, so in this case any benefit should go to us, and it did!

Sam played it great. He had Hawkinson on him, who was wanting to post the smaller Singer. But Sam moved in to help and the rest is history!
Sam's 3 was sweet and pure!
And Sam's drive was awesome, too!

One of these days we MIGHT get a replay of the in-house video, and that will close that case.
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]King THREE BLOCKS
Kam THREE BLOCKS
Jabari TWO BLOCKS
Ivan ONE BLOCK

NINE BLOCKS[/SIZE]

Shocky1

juhwan harris dyson (in foto above with coach ryan silver who asks what are you gonna do when the ball stops bouncing?, what's your 40 year plan?) scored 23 points with 11 boards as the heritage christian warriors checked ids in carding 74-70 the cantwell cardinals

juhwan, you wanna know about the bishop o'dowd evaluation of your game after your late december match up with the dragons?

the consensus of multiple sources is that you are an unreal lockdown defender with length & tenacity that can also violently finish in transition & that you play the full game with a nba motor, you are every's coach's dream..you also got no skills with your left hand & your jump shot is inconsistent

hopefully the spider fly is putting up at least 500+ shots day like trevin & jemarl, no days off...crooked azz shooting is a choice, not a fate my friend

let's do this jhd, it's about time for jeffrey (can't wait to meet that guy) to start putting up some mid range & perimeter shooting highlights although i'm always gonna be a fan of the wham bam banger sandwich:bluecarrot:
Shocky1
rough nite for jermarl baker missing 13 shots & scoring only 6 points as his roosevelt mustangs got turned into glue 57-49 by the fairfax lions

no worries, nobody is gonna tell ronald nothing

the grind (learn from your mistakes & move on)#
Shocky1
kyle kuzma missed a contest 3 pointer with 3 seconds left as the utah utes (12-5) tabernacled 83-82 the ucla bruins (18-1) in freezing azz salt lake city, alford's lack of team d (utah shot 54.5%) will eventually prove to be fatal

the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (16-2) assaulted 85-43 the oregon state beavers (4-14) who turned the ball over 21 times

stud reid travis played only 12 minutes before leaving the court due to reinjuring his right shoulder (he's currently day to day) but the stanford cardinals (10-8) dawg pounded 76-69 the washington huskies (8-9) despite markelle fultz going off for 34 points

seton hall pirates (12-5) walked the plank 65-61 to them providence friars

virginia cavaliers (13-3) read winnie the pooh 77-73 to the clemson tigers

louisiana tech bulldogs (12-6) leashed up 75-63 the old dominion monarchs

alcorn state braves (5-11) got lost in hades 84-77 by the mississippi valley state delta devils

cal poly mustangs got pismo beached 58-53 by the santa barbara gauchos

bi polar san diego aztecs (10-7) agricultured 74-55 by the utah state aggies

uc irvine anteaters (11-9) organically dined 87-67 on the cal state fullerton titans

uc davis aggies (11-8) earthquaked 71-68 the cal state northride matadors

wyoming cowboys (12-6) got yannied 89-74 by the nevada wolf pack in charming laramie

princeton tigers (10-6) got better gpas 66-58 than the yale bulldogs
Shocky1

2018 cal priority target warren washington is averaging 20+ ppg & 10+ rpg this month after becoming eligible in his transfer to mission hills high school (home of khayla & her sponge bob bro kam)

warren, when are you gonna commit to them california golden bears?...your not a dumb azz, you got a 3.5 gpa, this really isn't that complicated, right?

your a cali boy who likes yearround nice weather, would you really be happy somehwere else with 18 degree weather right now?...are you an eskimo?...do you even know how to build an igloo?

plus who's gonna room with trevin?

never foreget who was with you from the start#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego)
concordtom
FYI I asked Nick if he was truly graduating in 3. He says, no, he slowed down and is taking a 2nd major and so I guess that means he will be back next year!
I expressed my praise and gratitude!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]really happy for Jabari
1000 point scorer at Cal, and what a shot it was to get him there!
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]why does Cuonzo Martin stand on the court during games?

...he's waiting for someone to pass him the ball...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;hIy6sfzTNPU][/video]

Shocky1
bearmanpg;842793070 said:

If anyone is interested, Alex Lomax from Memphis East High School, a Cal recruit, is playing right now on CBSSHD, channel 1643 on uverse....

how did alex lomax look?
bearmanpg
I didn't watch the whole game but I did see about half of it and frankly, he didn't impress me much...the 2 teams were loaded with D1 talent and Alex didn't stand out at all...he seemed to have a decent handle and played with his head up...made a few decent passes but really didn't see him shoot at all...he is only a junior so he has that going for him...also, Penny Hardaway is his coach which should help him improve...his team won against Montverde Academy (a basketball school who recruits nationally)...Memphis East is a public school..hard to believe the talent they have at a public school..
Shocky1
nick hamilton's dad mark told me that his gates millennium award winning scholly son (the smartest bear of them all) is gonna graduate at the end of next year with a double major in both media & legal studies...since nicky ham blueshirted last season, he will then have the option of either returning to cal for a 5th year of grad school or transferring as a senior grad transfer to play out his final year of eligibility

brandon chauca is bluehshirting this season which is why he didn't play during yesterday's filipino heritage celebration, like nick they will compete for playing time next season while graduating from cal...then both will make a decision re: either returning to cal for another year of grad school or utilzing their final year of basketball eligibility elsewhere

love both of these guys, they are special young men that are gonna accompish amazing things in life

50 year friendships (bears including shocky are color blind)#:wave
Shocky1
derek king told me he's written an appeal petition to the ncca requesting that his elligiblity be reinstated for this season, he hopes to hear back from the ncca next week

derek is like 37 years old so i hope it happens before he gets an aarp card

the haircutter#:axe

Shocky1;842736585 said:

welcome 6'3" 195 lbs junior sharpshooter derek king to the saddest show on earth, the slow & the forgotten them cal basketball walk ons joining nick, cole & koko under the tyranny of coach martin

[IMG]?ig_cache_key=MTI2MT E4NjQ4ODA0ODU4MTI2MA%3D%3D.2[/IMG]

derek is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa at foothills college but has taken the long road to berkeley with stops at foothill college, san diego christian college & santa teresa high school (14.1 ppg as a senior) in san jose

king shot 45.7% on 3 pointers last season, check out his unique shooting form as he dramatically steps into his shot
[video=youtube;LlbKLImIZLY][/video]

yeah derek is a mutt like kam, nick, ivan, brandon, brenden & shocky... hopefully he's gonna find one of them curvy brunette yoga females with a flat stomach in berkeley that wants to adopt/take home a rescue dog

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san jose):gobears:
Shocky1
can you name the right california golden bear?

*****one of the these bears teaches a yoga class even tho they don't know **** about yoga, he's coached up a state of california championship team
*****one of these bears loves his moms mac & cheese, he made an epic an ice in his veins moneyball free throw to win a state championship after airballing the 1st one
*****one of these bears played the world top 100 golf courses starting as a caddie back in the day, he calls anybody who disagrees with him a dumb azz

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6141[/ATTACH]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including uranus):buttkick:
Shocky1

https://vimeo.com/45797764

souls of mischief#
Shocky1

50 year friendships/relationships#

Shocky1;842735346 said:

coach nic works with his guys hands on every step of the way to get their bodies right, he's got a proven track record of preparing relentlessly hard working/mentally tough young men for the nba

2014 nba draft: jordan mcrae 6'6" 185 lbs 2nd round philadelphia 76ers (currently with the world champion cleveland cavaliers)
2014 nba draft: jarnell stokes 6'9" 263 lbs 2nd round memphis grizzlies (currently with the denver nuggets)
2015 nba draft: josh richardson 6'6" 197 lbs 2nd round miami heat
2016 nba draft: tyrone wallace 6'6" 205 lbs 2nd round utah jazz
2016 nba draft: jaylen brown 6'7" 225 lbs 1st round (#3 overall pick) boston celtics

all 5 of these guys are currently getting paid in the brutally competitive nba that quickly exposes those that don't got the physical strength/stamina to play in the league

ivan rabb will be a lottery pick in the 2017 nba draft & jabari bird is projected to be drafted in 2017 if he can prove to nba scouts that he got a full time bad azz non stop motor...and marcus lee is gonna be a 1st rounder in 2018 if he can build his body to 235 lbs, develop a couple of post interior moves & knock down free throws

did you know that you're gonna spend more time with your college team's s&c coach than your head coach?...is coach nic the kinda guy that can get you to the next level?

get paid (and educated)#
Shocky1
cal's best rpi win (on the road) usc trojans (16-3) protected the lead 71-68 inside the colorado buffaloes (10-8) in boulder...the difference in the game was the +10 turnover margin (7 for the boys of troy & 17 for the stoned smokers of the rocky mountains), just say no to drugs...chimezie metu with 24 points on 11 of 14 field goals

southeastern louisiana lions broke back mountained 79-75 the mckneese cowboys
Shocky1
http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20170115-story.html

loyalty matters#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrats for making the All-American team![/SIZE]

Shocky1

what's your dream?

[video=youtube;73g8I2KebD4][/video]

a day of remembrance (new speeches)#
Shocky1
yeah coach martin is gonna cry like a little girl when he watches this video, gotta love that young ivee is the 1st guy stormin' the floor when the miracle on 98th happened, hollywood couldn't make up **** this crazy

[video=youtube;xsu7bLTSUcs][/video]

cal & dragons family#:bravo
petalumabear
Watched many, many games as a student there back in the day. The community feel for O'Dowd students has always been strong and the reunions are well attended whether held on campus or off. This doesn't surprise me to see this video. But it certainly warms my heart. And I've watched it numerous times. Go Dragons - Go Bears!!
Shocky1

key cal priority targeted prospect 2017 6'7" 210 lbs justin sueing jr scored 17 points along with 8 boards & a couple of assists, blocks & steals on hawaiian nite at mater dei as the crusaders rolled to another victory under head coach gary mcknight...dude is truly multiple

justice, you told ryan gorcey your gonna base your collegiate decision based upon "the colleges, the coaches, the areas & the environments"

so let's break this down together, ok?

the colleges: utah is an academically mediocre school that won't open many doors after basketball is done with you, vanderbilt is an excellent school particularly for those that want to live & start careers in the south & cal is the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world that will create an unlimited spectrum of possibilities for you to achieve your dreams in life both in the nba & also without basketball

the coaches: utah's special k has told you & donnie tillman (you are both around the same size with comparble skill sets) the same thing that your his "#1 recruiting priority," has he also told you it's not freezing azz cold in salt lake city?...vanderbilt's bryce drew is an up & coming young coach that despite the commodores current 8-9 record has got a bright future...coach martin has succesfully battled adversity & is a straight up guy that always tell the unvarnished truth & that wants you to set & achieve 50 year goals
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

the areas: salt lake city is freezing azz cold half the year, there are limited biz opportunities in salt lake city unless you want to work at an igloo factory...nashville is a fun place with way too much ******* country music that's snowy in the winter & nasty humid hot in the summer...the san francisco bay area got ideal year round weather & is one of the most beautiful & cosmopolitan places on planet earth with a dynamic economic engine, it's the paris of the united states

the environments: the utes had 8 guys leave/transfer the program after last season which resulted in special k dipping into the jc ranks again...vanderbilt's roster is stable right now...coach martin has had only 1 guy transfer (jordan mathews) during his 3 years in berkeley, he's established a close family first atmosphere with more community service work than any other college basketball program in america

justice, from a playing time perspective, the california golden bears are gonna graduate nba prospect jabari bird after this season which means the starting 3 position is gonna be a wide open competition next season...and guess what?...including incoming & returning players the bears currently only got a single scholly guy 6'7" roman davis on the roster taller than 6'4" or shorter than 6'10"...your a smart guy, you can do the math

what about dad & the family?...what school location offers the cheapest plane tixs so they can share in your collegiate experience?

what school is gonna give you an opporutnity to compete for a wide open starting position at the 3 & immediate rotation playing time, a degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world which is like a winning lottery tix for life, a coach that has battled for everything that he's got in life & that's a straight shooter & an opportunity to live in year round beautiful cali weather?

justice, your gonna be taking your official visit to berkeley in the near future, hope all your questions are answered...you got a 3.8 gpa, your not a dumb azz

50 year decision#
norcal_bear
Shocky1;842795351 said:

key cal priority targeted prospect 2017 6'7" 210 lbs justin sueing jr scored 17 points along with 8 boards & a couple of assists, blocks & steals on hawaiian nite at mater dei as the crusaders rolled to another victory under head coach gary mcknight...dude is truly multiple

justice, you told ryan gorcey your gonna base your collegiate decision based upon "the colleges, the coaches, the areas & the environments"

so let's break this down together, ok?

the colleges: utah is an academically mediocre school that won't open many doors after basketball is done with you, vanderbilt is an excellent school particularly for those that want to live & start careers in the south & cal is the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world that will create an unlimited spectrum of possibilities for you to achieve your dreams in life both in the nba & also without basketball

the coaches: utah's special k has told you & donnie tillman (you are both around the same size with comparble skill sets) the same thing that your his "#1 recruiting priority," has he also told you it's not freezing azz cold in salt lake city?...vanderbilt's bryce drew is an up & coming young coach that despite the commodores current 8-9 record has got a bright future...coach martin has succesfully battled adversity & is a straight up guy that always tell the unvarnished truth & that wants you to set & achieve 50 year goals
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

the areas: salt lake city is freezing azz cold half the year, there are limited biz opportunities in salt lake city unless you want to work at an igloo factory...nashville is a fun place with way too much ******* country music that's snowy in the winter & nasty humid hot in the summer...the san francisco bay area got ideal year round weather & is one of the most beautiful & cosmopolitan places on planet earth with a dynamic economic engine, it's the paris of the united states

the environments: the utes had 8 guys leave/transfer the program after last season which resulted in special k dipping into the jc ranks again...vanderbilt's roster is stable right now...coach martin has had only 1 guy transfer (jordan mathews) during his 3 years in berkeley, he's established a close family first atmosphere with more community service work than any other college basketball program in america

justice, from a playing time perspective, the california golden bears are gonna graduate nba prospect jabari bird after this season which means the starting 3 position is gonna be a wide open competition next season...and guess what?...including incoming & returning players the bears currently don't got a single scholly guy on the roster taller than 6'4" or shorter than 6'10"...your a smart guy, you can do the math

what about dad & the family?...what school location offers the cheapest plane tixs so they can share in your collegiate experience?

what school is gonna give you an opporutnity to compete for a wide open starting position at the 3 & immediate rotation playing time, a degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world which is like a winning lottery tix for life, a coach that has battled for everything that he's got in life & that's a straight shooter & an opportunity to live in year round beautiful cali weather?

justice, your gonna be taking your official visit to berkeley in the near future, hope all your questions are answered...you got a 3.8 gpa, your not a dumb azz

50 year decision#

speak english
Shocky1
norcal_bear;842795357 said:

speak english

ok
[video=youtube;m05wWdTKlD4][/video]
Shocky1
yeah both dontae coleman & shocky are gonna be ready to compete on this week's roadtrip to the freezing azz northwest, too bad neither of us know how to start a fire or build an igloo

bad azzs from augusta#
Shocky1

the perfect storm: athletic director greg bryne (who for some odd reason sends me a handwritten birthday card every year) is leaving for the alabama athletic director deal, the university got a lame duck president ann weaver hart who's major achievement is a dangerous increase in underage drinking on campus & roy williams potentially retiring at kansas with the donut boy of tuscon on speed dial...yeah fightin' joe's dream is finally come true

jordan, this is gonna be a massive ****wreck

tuscon is a dump (with no academic standards & drunk dumb azzs with 2.5 gpas)#:beer:
beer down (a player's program with peds & rapes)#
Shocky1
a proud history of activism, of asking questions & not blindly following convention (the establishment), always daring to be different in the pursuit of a better tomorrow

thx you hoop dreams for sharing this beautiful foto, it's moving in a way that words cannot adequately describe

the university of california, berkeley=epicenter of the civil rights & free speech movement
Shocky1
seton hall pirates (12-6) got no keys to the treasure chest & got looted 76-46 by the #1 ranked villanova wildcats

alcorn state braves (6-11) circled of life 82-64 the arkansas pine bluff lions
Shocky1

priority 2018 prospect jules bernard scored 26 points with 13 boards & 7 assists as the windward wilcats did not remember 85-57 the grand terrace titans...jules is a triple double kinda threat every nite, he's multiple that way

Shocky1;842720882 said:

coach martin extended an actionable offer this week to 6'5" 180 lbs jules bernard a top 50 player in the 2018 class from the academically rigorous winward school in los angeles & the compton magic aau team

most importantly jules got good hair

jules along with his dad jules sr (a native of trinidad, a usc grad & a systems analyst) met with the cal staff in late june on an unofficial visit

bernard is a plus one athlete that flys with an uber helicopter...he is in attack mode offensively as a slasher that can also knock down free throws & is working to continue improving his perimeter game

jules is not a dumb azz, he's extremely articulate & is receiving interest from cal, ucla, usc, asu, utah & stanford...he is currently taking honors french along with ap english this year & told ryan gorcey that he got a 3.5 gpa

jules bernard would be a fabulous addition to cal's started at the bottom class (2018), he's got crazy azz hops & can push tempo

[video=youtube;5umQXZgJXQA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including trinidad)

First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.