cal's monster class deux

1,376,024 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842798939 said:

One of my favorite pieces of art is Fredrick Hart's "ex nihilo" ("out of nothing") depiction of The Creation scene at The National Cathedral in Washington DC.

UrsaMajor
No. He was signaling 3-pointer. He already knew it was going in.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;kOHjyfLlpYg][/video]

back to basics (for the stretch run)#
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842798860 said:

There were others who gave equally to the Legends Aquatic Center, not just the Spiekers.

ursa, thx for the private message details re: that deal, very interesting
Shocky1
[video=youtube;Zeg6kZ2N03I][/video]

yeah, grant "the wolf of wall street" & sammy "the haas b-school inventor/entrepeneur" singer are east coast guys...yeah curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre colleges (ok, columbia isn't mediocre but who's on the guest list?) wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league guys when they leave school, that's just how the world works

ex cops (venture capital at work 24/7 in the city)#
concordtom
Really, is that how it works, er uh, worked?
And who do the female cal, stanford, and ivy graduates want to date and marry?
bearmanpg
Each other....not that there is anything wrong with that...
concordtom
Sounds like someone is getting the short end of the stick.
Shocky1

taylor couldn't get off work from her job as a hostess at the trendy japanese restuarnt in our hood in north scottsdale because of the barrett jackson car show crowds so her dumb azz dad traveled solo to st marys high school in downtown phx to watch kj hymes tonite vs shadow mountain

the gym is packed & loud with the student sections yelling funny group stuff at each other, it's the epitome of the magical innocence of high school basketball in the united states of america...so i find an open seat in the 1st row of the benches directly across from the st marys bench...yeah i'm wearing my cal official team jacket & golf cap, gotta make sure the recruits know that i'm at the barricade with them...i quickly befriend my seat neighbor hank who's coached half of the guys on both teams in 8-14 years old aau ball, he gives me detailed insights into the players as we talk shop...hank asks me if i'm a coach & i tell him "sort of, kinda depends who you ask"

shadow mountain (19-0) is the #1 ranked team in arizona/top 20 team in the nation & they are coached up by former nba all star mike bibby...they play an absolutely frentic destructive full court press with defenders in squat fundamentally sound postures for 32 minutes & they unselfishly share the ball...they beat st marys 85-60 & apparently won the state championship game last year by 40+ points

so how did kj hymes play against big time competition tonite?

he was much more energized & played with a stronger motor than the last game i watched of his...hymes got an ivan rabb vibe to his game so when the ball was inbounded 3 feet away from me on the sideline i told him "demand the ball, kj, be physical, demand the ball, let's do this"...kj looked me in the eyes & gave me a quick nod...shortly thereafter he imposed his will & finished off a point range heavily contested bucket around the rim...let's be real here, waiting for my recruits to arrive in berkeley after i recruit them & before i coach them up in college is not in the best interests of the program, they need my messages no later than their junior years of high school

kj got a smoothy technically sound shot & will be a very good free throw shooter in college from day 1...he fluidly runs the court well & got a pretty good handle for his size...hymes got worn down as the warp speed pace of the shadow mountain d caught up with him, he would benefit both physically & from a conditioning standpoint from working with coach nic in the future...he's also got to play with more aggression but trust me he's got all the talent

st marys got kj & another talent in odua isibor who is a powefully constructed all american defensive end who is commited to ucla for football but their head coach seems to enjoy aruging with the refs all game (kinda like bobby hurley) more than scheming to utilize his low post talent

at halftime hank (who seems to know every person in the gym) introduced me to eddie house whose son jalen is a starter for mike bibby's powerhouse team, our conversation went down like this:

shocky (with a shoulder bump & handshake): man, it's good to finally meet you eddie, i didn't really follow cal basketball back in the day but everybody has told me about your 61 points at harmon gym, what was up with that?

eddie: the reason i got a lot of animosity against cal is because tod bozeman didn't even talk to me even though i was just down the street, never watched any of my games (in hayward), nothing

shocky: yeah bozeman was a bad dude...what was your gpa in high school?

eddie: real good, around 2.7, was on honor roll my last year

shocky: do you live here now or back in the bay?

eddie: i live here, do some stuff with the pac 12 network, a podcast for the suns & some camp stuff too

shocky: that's cool,your son jalen can definitely play, maybe cal should recruit him, what's his gpa?

eddie: he's a good student, around 2.5

gpas matter (don't be a dumb azz)#:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Shocky1;842782910 said:

drove south on the 101/202 with the top down with interpol blaring out of the speakers to mountain view high school (harper kamp's hs) in mesa to watch from behind the bench 6'8"+ (listed in the program as 6'10", he got good hair that adds almost an inch) kj hymes of st marys high school (downtown phoenix) & the las vegas prospects who is a key priority targeted prospect for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

kj is a very fluid athlete that can play the 3 & with additional s&c work with coach nic could also slide to the 4...he got a very smooth shooting stroke while comfortably knocking down free throws, he also drilled a 3 pointer from the far right corner with nothing but net...he did not show a mid range game, hymes ususally sets up on the perimeter which probably explains why his team doesn't win more games...st marys runs a play called "reno" during which he posts up deep with his arm extended & he is very mobile in attacking the rim although he's not strong enough enough yet to finish thru heavy contact...the most exciting play of the game was kj running out in transition & finishing the fast break with a meek mill dissing drake thunderous dunk

defensively hymes got pushed around by the red mountain posts who were 6'5" football kinda guys...he did not dive for any loose balls & did not compete for any 50/50 balls...his defensive strength is using his exceptional length & timing to alter & block shots

there was a major screw up by the scorer's table in the 1st half when the retirement community scorer ref had kj for 3 fouls instead of the actual 2...his coaches didn't handle it very diplomatically with the refs, the mistake was not reversed & kj missed almost half of the 1st half while sitting on the bench...to his credit, kj did not get into the heated argument at the scorer's table

kj is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.2 gpa at the academically challenging st marys...his exudes positive energy (huge genuine smiles) & openly roots for his teammates (he's not selfish), he's clearly been raised to be a respectful young man by his dad kwame who played basketball at pepperdine back in the day & is currently involved with basketball training in the valley of the sun

hymes is currently being recruited hard by cal, usc, clemson, virgina & georgia tech, the bears staff by all accounts has done a very good job in building relationships...given his dad's involvement with coaching up his son, staying on the west coach will most likely be a priority in this recruitment to ensure gameday travel by kwame to kj's future college

the univesity of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including arizona):gobears:
Shocky1

bishop o'dowd community activist/academic mentor lou richie once told me his biggest pet peeve with young ivee is when he takes fadeaway shots, it's a relatively low percentage shot & it puts him out of position for attacking the glass for a putback

kj hymes also got that problem now, he settles too often for fadeaways when he should be stepping into his shots towards the basket & then if necessary relentlessly competing for offensive rebounds & put backs...he should be getting twice as many offensive rebounds right now with his elite coordination & athleticism

fadeaways are for losers (attack the ******* basket)#:nono:
Shocky1
kwame (who looks like he could still play a little) was in the stands along with him newly expanded family

love is the answer#

Shocky1;842786873 said:

check out this link re: the hymes family adoption of 3 relatives & notice the poised articulation of kj, can't wait to watch another one of his future games

http://www.sports360az.com/2016/12/st-marys-star-seeing-family-college-offers-growing/

love yourz#
Shocky1
dear kj,

how are you?

i am fine?

i'm 3 years old & love my new family, they give me lots of hugs

your family got lots of love too

your friend,

dae

Shocky1;842785343 said:

it's not just rescue dogs that need adoption, consider my fighter little man dae brown recent's adoption in phoenix after 832 days in foster care...check out the link below, coach martin is gonna cry for sure, count on it

gotta love dae's triumphant fist pump, he's already got the basics down for being an amped fueled up cal fan when charlie, young ivee, bird man or the wolf of wall street drains a nba range 3 point moneyball

lots of love, dae, gonna attend your games in high school when your in high school, if you commit to them california golden bears then i'll even let you name the 2031 recruiting class, ok?...nothing but blue chip true student athletes with good gpas & good hair, let's do this dae

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a8527770/michael-brown-viral-twitter-adoption-pictures/?src=socialflowTW

normal people doing great things (assist to taylor chavez)#:cheer
Shocky1
virginia cavaliers (16-3) cloverleafed 71-54 the notre dame fighting irish in freezing azz south bend, everybody's a loser on that deal...sorry walter

bi polar san diego aztecs (11-8) got taloned 60-57 by the air force falcons, shrigley could not save the day
concordtom
When Eddie was a Sr at Hayward I saw him score about 30 in NSC playoffs at SMC. Place was Packed. He was only 6' so I told my wife he was good but no way would he go further. Too slight.
We laughed about that for years!
I recall people questioning him after college about if he could go pro. He said basket is same size, so if you can shoot you can shoot. He was right.
One thing he had, I recall, is incredible quickness!!!

You're right. That gpa is a joke, particularly in today's gpa inflation era.
I have had numerous teachers and a VP tell me that parents complain if teachers grade appropriately (old school, proper curve) so they just adjust the curve upward and make complaints go away by giving extra credit to complainers. Bring in classroom supplies - paper, etc. There is no mandate requiring teachers or entire schools to keep an average gpa as c+, b-, b, b+, whatever....
So, if all you can manage is a 2.5????
Wow. Just show up.
concordtom
Shocky1;842799345 said:

taylor couldn't get off work from her job as a hostess at the trendy japanese restuarnt in our hood in north scottsdale because of the barrett jackson car show crowds so her dumb azz dad traveled solo to st marys high school in downtown phx to watch kj hymes tonite vs shadow mountain

Hey Taylor.
I'm proud of you for working thru hs.
Good for you!!!
Character development, experience counts!!
It'd be easy to sit on your azz in the "hood", right? But you're doing the right thing!! Keep it up! Seemingly silly stuff like bussing tables or "can I help you" that your friends aren't doing will propel you past them. You'll see. In due time!
Not only that, but it can be fun, right?
My wife and I were just laughing about the time she dumped a full tray of food carried over her shoulder. She was a bitty 14 year old. It was a restaurant-wide applauser! With one key manager: "Aw, ya didn't!!!"
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]jaylen brown accomplished a lot in his one year at Cal, including helping lead the team to a 4 seed in the NCAA (before a series of unfortunate events derailed the Bears in the tournament)[/SIZE]

Shocky1
jaylen considers chauca his best friend on the team
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;YrXsQFnIE0Q][/video]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]"Baker is a willowy scorer who has a feathery jump shot that extends out to 22-feet and his ball skills are tight. He can nail jump shots off the catch or convert it off his 2-dribble pull-up. He plays on balance and has remarkable savvy and poise for a player of his youth. In addition, he has the ability to slash his way to the rim and his body control is excellent."[/SIZE]

Big C
pretty sure eddie house's 61 were at Haas Pavillion, not Harmon Gym, as i have a vivid memory of the moment after the double-overtime thriller when they announced his total and, in this memory, i am at the north end (where i sit now), not the south end (where our Harmon seats were)

there was a brazen young sun devil two rows in front of us who, at that moment, turned around and raised his arms high... all i could do was shake his hand, because, you know, 61, and the devil became cool, unlike almost every dick-head U of A fan i have ever encountered in Berkeley (and there have been many, too many)
Shocky1
justin wilcox is gonna be in the haas this sunday at 5:30 pm for the cal vs stanford big game with this weekend's official visit prospects (several key targeted guys for football & donnie tillman for basketball)...if you will write down the key plays you'd like to be called this season, you can give them to justin for his implementation, he's not afriad of gameday fan scheming unlike dykes who was much more distant on **** like that

ivan rabb only got more 5 games ever at haas pavilion, are you gonna take advantage of this opportunity to see this special true student athlete compete before he gets minted in the nba?

the bears need to win this battle at the barricade, if would give us a 6-3 1st half of the pac 12 record, every voice in the haas counts...it's gonna be loud with the cal band playing & the students back on campus

check out the link below for tix(s) & pick out your seat(s) or call 1-800-gobears...the game is sunday nite at 5:30 pm, if you live in cali there's no reason to not attend, lightest travel time of the week...enjoy a pregame dinner in berkeley

and yeah don't forget to tell wilcox you want another marshawn bobblehead too, ok?...he's got a bunch of extras in his office

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB16%3AB15%3A&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=
[video=youtube;PoPBIDMcTxA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (with fan friendly starting times):gobears:
UrsaMajor
Correct. The 61-point game was in 2000. Haas opened in 1999.
Shocky1
don't forget to ask coach wilcox when you meet him sunday nite at 5:30 pm at haas to ask him for an extra beast mode bobblehead & also make sure all your weapons are in a clear plastic bag for the battle at the barricade?

it doesn't have to be this way

together we attack (and go to driving school)#:headbang
Shocky1
justice sueing jr is gonna take an official visit to berkeley this weekend for the battle at the barricade vs stanford

the staff loves his multiple skill set, his upside to compete for the wide open starting 3 position next season with the graduation of the bird man hopefully to the nba, his limitless mentally 3.8 gpa & his high character family & support system

donnie tillman will not be taking an official visit to cal this weekend as earlier indicated

the big board#

Shocky1;842795351 said:

key cal priority targeted prospect 2017 6'7" 210 lbs justin sueing jr scored 17 points along with 8 boards & a couple of assists, blocks & steals on hawaiian nite at mater dei as the crusaders rolled to another victory under head coach gary mcknight...dude is truly multiple

justice, you told ryan gorcey your gonna base your collegiate decision based upon "the colleges, the coaches, the areas & the environments"

so let's break this down together, ok?

the colleges: utah is an academically mediocre school that won't open many doors after basketball is done with you, vanderbilt is an excellent school particularly for those that want to live & start careers in the south & cal is the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world that will create an unlimited spectrum of possibilities for you to achieve your dreams in life both in the nba & also without basketball

the coaches: utah's special k has told you & donnie tillman (you are both around the same size with comparble skill sets) the same thing that your his "#1 recruiting priority," has he also told you it's not freezing azz cold in salt lake city?...vanderbilt's bryce drew is an up & coming young coach that despite the commodores current 8-9 record has got a bright future...coach martin has succesfully battled adversity & is a straight up guy that always tell the unvarnished truth & that wants you to set & achieve 50 year goals
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

the areas: salt lake city is freezing azz cold half the year, there are limited biz opportunities in salt lake city unless you want to work at an igloo factory...nashville is a fun place with way too much ******* country music that's snowy in the winter & nasty humid hot in the summer...the san francisco bay area got ideal year round weather & is one of the most beautiful & cosmopolitan places on planet earth with a dynamic economic engine, it's the paris of the united states

the environments: the utes had 8 guys leave/transfer the program after last season which resulted in special k dipping into the jc ranks again...vanderbilt's roster is stable right now...coach martin has had only 1 guy transfer (jordan mathews) during his 3 years in berkeley, he's established a close family first atmosphere with more community service work than any other college basketball program in america

justice, from a playing time perspective, the california golden bears are gonna graduate nba prospect jabari bird after this season which means the starting 3 position is gonna be a wide open competition next season...and guess what?...including incoming & returning players the bears currently only got a single scholly guy 6'7" roman davis on the roster taller than 6'4" or shorter than 6'10"...your a smart guy, you can do the math

what about dad & the family?...what school location offers the cheapest plane tixs so they can share in your collegiate experience?

what school is gonna give you an opporutnity to compete for a wide open starting position at the 3 & immediate rotation playing time, a degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world which is like a winning lottery tix for life, a coach that has battled for everything that he's got in life & that's a straight shooter & an opportunity to live in year round beautiful cali weather?

justice, your gonna be taking your official visit to berkeley in the near future, hope all your questions are answered...you got a 3.8 gpa, your not a dumb azz

50 year decision#
Shocky1
what up, juhwan, what's your semester this gpa & how many practice shots are you putting up every day with no days off?

good to hear you scored 22 points with 4 thefts vs them renaissance academy wildcats last nite but there's some **** that's more important than that...3.5 gpa & 500+ shots a day are the real numbers that matter

men take care of their biz (days off are for losers)#:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
Shocky1

today was a good day, justice sueing jr is gonna make an official visit to berkeley this weekend

and yeah got yoga & sushi too

today was a good day#:woohoo

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including north shore in oahu)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]great story about Kristine Anigwe[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"]http://www.excellesports.com/news/cal-kristine-anigwe-ncaa-basketball/[/COLOR]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;Bn9I8VDYjtY][/video]

dad could play (back in the day)#:acclaim:
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842799604 said:

justice sueing jr is gonna take an official visit to berkeley this weekend for the battle at the barricade vs stanford

the staff loves his multiple skill set, his upside to compete for the wide open starting 3 position next season with the graduation of the bird man hopefully to the nba, his limitless mentally 3.8 gpa & his high character family & support system

donnie tillman will not be taking an official visit to cal this weekend as earlier indicated

the big board#

Does that mean we are no longer recruiting Tillman or is his trip postponed? Are we close to reeling in Sueing? Are we still in it with Shepherd? So many questions...
Shocky1
justice dnp vs st john bosco tonite but sueing jr & sr gonna be in haas for stanford sunday, maybe they got caught in a trap & they couldn't walk out or something?

elvis in the haas (suspicious minds)#:bluecarrot:
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842799690 said:

Does that mean we are no longer recruiting Tillman or is his trip postponed? Are we close to reeling in Sueing? Are we still in it with Shepherd? So many questions...

kinda doubt that the bears will take 2 wing guys with similar skill sets, justice sueing jr is a better fit for the cal basketball program than donnie tillman who is still being actively recruited

the plan is still to officially trip grant shepard to berkeley after his montverde academy season is over, their final regular season game is february 11th...cal's final home game is friday february 24th vs oregon state

princeton grad transfer henry caruso from mitty high school is a possibility, dude got a serious motor, can board (6.2 rpg as a jr) & knock down 80% of free throws
parentswerebears
I think I'd be happy with any of these guys or any combination of these guys.
Shocky1
rick pitino is apparently arguing that he thought the escorts/strippers in the basketball dorm were actually tutors working on his player's world history papers or something

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/louisville-responds-to-ncaas-notice-of-allegations-for-stripper-scandal-arguing-for-leniency-205916630.html

Shocky1;842749149 said:

64 year old rick pitino is most likely gonna be suspended for a portion of next season by the ncca because of his most recent scandal re: under age strippers/hookers...nobody believes pitino's claims that he didn't know anything about his team's recruiting practices or that the director of basketball operations andre mcgee used his own $ for all the entertainment, his silence has been bought off by pitino

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/10/20/five-talking-points-from-louisvilles-notice-of-allegations/

while the staff needs to relentlessly target other 3s & 4s for cal's go all the way up class (2017), it's important that they continue communications with jordan nwora & his dad alex...if pitino goes down, cal wants to be a potential collegiate option for jordan

shades of the charlie moore recruitment, **** happens
Shocky1
rapist enabler steve alford's ucla bruins (19-3) continue to play lousy fundamentally weak d, turned the ball over a sloppy 17 times & got embarazzed 84-76 by the usc trojans (18-4)...mark my words if ucla's starting 5 all leave westwood after this season, the bruins are gonna be 15-17 again next season just like they were a season ago...young ivee's epic shot rejection at the buzzer to seal the bears victory at the galen center is looking like a good rpi/ncca resume win for cal

despite 1 & done markelle fultz's 28 points, 9 assists & 8 boards the washington huskies (9-11) got stripper poled 86-75 by the asu sun devils (10-11)...a contrast of coaching styles, lorenzo romar quietly/stoically sits on the bench in a finely tailored suit like he's at a funeral & bobby "off to the races" hurely screams at the refs for 40 minutes like he's a messed up crackhead at a trap house

seton hall pirates (13-7) got their treasure chest looted 61-54 by the butler bulldogs

south dakota jackrabbits (9-14) got jacked 91-82 by the denver pioneers

southeastern louisiana lions (12-9) got exorcised 85-71 by the northwestern state demons

wyoming cowboys (14-7) blackjacked 66-65 the las vegas rebels
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.