cal's monster class deux

1,375,762 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

4.0+ gpa true student athlete & one of the nation's most pure downtown shooters trevin knell lit it up for 34 points as the wood cross wildcats ledge bumped 68-60 the highland rams

the university of california, berklee=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university on planet earth
Shocky1
tyler dorsey (1 of 7 on 3 pointers, 38.5% for the season ) & dillon brooks (zero for 3 on 3 pointers, 34.7% for the season) are most likely gonna declare for the nba draft after this season, both won't get drafted & will sign nba development league contracts because they got crooked azz shooting, criminal dana altman does not develop the shooting skills are necessar to play in the league...and yeah the ducks lost a basketball game tonite too

oregon state beavers (4-18) got licked again 86-78 by the utah utes (15-6) in freezing azz salt lake city...the utes knocked down only 53.8% of their free throws which kept the beavs in the game despite a still mia tres tinkle

louisiana tech bulldogs (14-8) got azuled 71-61 by the middle tennessee blue raiders

wyoming cowboys (14-8) got rounded up 80-65 by the boise state broncos

south dakoa jackrabbits (10-14) speed weeked 88-84 the omaha mavericks

san diego state aztecs (11-9) got bumped off the cliff 78-77 by the colorado state rams at sea world

alcorn state braves (9-11) changed mechanics 74-64 on the southern jaguars

southeastern louisiana lions (12-10) got misspelled 71-69 by the sam houston state bearkats

uc davis aggies (13-8) ogranically fed 74-65 the uc irvine anteaters

cal poly mustangs (6-15) got stranded at hearst castle 81-71 by the cal state fullerton titans
Shocky1

the stanford cardinals under 1st year head jerod haase (he likes his breakfast served eggs benedict, no kidding) are 11-9 with an impressive preseason 66-52 victory over seton hall, a sweep of the washington schools in palo alto & 16 point road win in corvallis last week

the cards are led by stud 6'8" 245 lbs reid travis (16.6 ppg & 8.9 rpg) gametime decision due to a banged up right shoulder), 6'5" 215 lbs dorian pickens (12.8 ppg) & 6'9" 220 lbs michael humphrey (9.3 ppg & 5.7 rpg)

what's are the 2 keys to a cal victory this evening at 5:30 pm at haas pavilion?

defensively the bears gotta continue to defend with amped up energy particularly in the paint, stanford is dead last in the pac 12 in 3 point shooting (31.1%)...their offensive is kinda methodical like oregon state with tremendous structure, it's effective at times but it's not the kinda offensive that a future early lottery pick like jordan brown (3.5 gpa) would get developed in on his road to getting minted in the nba

offensively the bears gotta attack the ******* basket like their hair is on fire with entry lob passes to the young ivee, kam & the king, drives to the rim by jabari, dontae, grant, sammy (revenge is best served cold) and charlie (stanford is dead last in the pac 12 in blocked shots) & push tempe/transition for breakaway baskets which was a point of emphasis in corvallis

what's gonna be the potential difference in the game?

along with a very loud fueled up roaring haas crowd of true california golden bears fans (watching on tv & talking **** about the team on game threads is for losers) former stanford tim o'toole's input this week re: the cardinals tendancies (he recruited several of these guys) is resulting in the best gameday scouting reports of the season...tim got the the huf vacated assistant coaching position (eric reveno was also seriously conisdered with a strong recommendation from mike montgomery) & is bringing gameday energy on the bench, east coast (much needed) recruiting connections & a foam paddle board that he beats the **** out of the bigs with during cal's intense & demanding practices

it should also be mentioned that bears are fresh after getting caught up on schoolwork this week & letting some mid season bruises (coleman) heal

how do we know this is a big game?

shocky is gonna be wearing big time big game kicks at the battle of the barricade

let's do this, knock somebody on their azz & make sure you put all your weapons in a clear basket bag

the magic of cal basketball (are you gonna be there?)#:wave:wave:wave:wave
HoopDreams
concordtom
HoopDreams;842800655 said:

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=6]Cal the top Universities for upward mobility[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=5]"Cal is the No. 1 college in the nation for students who come from families in the bottom fifth and end up having earnings in the top 1 percent"[/SIZE]

That's a pretty intense quote. Can you provide the source, proof?
Rxrg09b
concordtom;842801035 said:

Is 38.5% and 34.7% bad 3-pt shooting?

Hmmm.
Let's see where Cal is at:

Player 3P%
Nick Hamilton .500, 1 of 2
Grant Mullins .444
Ivan Rabb .444, 4 of 9
Charlie Moore .392
Jabari Bird .343
Sam Singer .333
Roger Moute A Bidias .233
Don Coleman .231
Stephen Domingo .162
Kameron Rooks .000
Kingsley Okoroh .000
Cole Welle .000
Roman Davis .000
Koko Kurdoghlian .000
Totals .346 -- Those in glass houses, Shocky.

I shudder to think how many shots Domingo has taken at that 16.2% clip.
Shocky1

left to right, jabari "no yoga" bird, ivan "nba motor" rabb, charlie "8 assists" moore & grant "the wolf of wall street" mullins

the stars came out to play on a magical nite of cal basketball in berkeley in front of a loud sold out crowd of 11,877:tree

among the attendees: justice sueing jr & his dad (seriously looks like he could still play) & pretty samoan moms & their gameday recruiting host marcus green (who is tireless in moving the program forward), new football coach justin wilcox who was busy handing out beastmode bobbleheads, former nba all star/mayor of sacramento/cal grad kevin johnson (spencer, you gotta announce the celebs when they are in the haas), roxy & his fashionista daughter berkeley (who got clownpunked by my kicks tonite but she's still a cutie, her t-shirt is awesome) oakland a's manager bob melvin, former nfl & cal grad troy auzenne & brenden glapion (who just killed the lsat dead)

yeah big time games require big time kicks, this game was a real crowd pleaser

moore played his best true point guard floor game of the season with 8 assists while facilitating/distributing his teammates including a couple of crowd pleasing epic lob entry passes to young ivee for thunderous dunks, those plays are worth more than the 2 points on the scoreboard, they infuse the team & the fans with energy...keep up the good work, charlie

after not touching the ball enough/not taking any shots for almost of the 1st half, ivan imposed his will with a nba motoring 25 points along with 13 boards & even 2 steals along with a stretch 4 2 for 2 on 3 pointers...hopefully moms tami got some tasty mac & cheese for a late nite dinner for ivan & tamarik (who is studious & thoughtful)

but mostly it was about the heart & physical conditioning (kudos to coach nic, he's building both mental & physical strength with his guys) of this california golden bears team that wore down the stanford cardinals...it was a defensive performance with shots relentelessly contested, gene keady would be proud of coach martin but let's be real here neither one of them got good hair like justice sueing jr

the only disappointment was that my buddy califortunate didn't get me the life university rugby championship t-shirt he promised me but that's just life in the big city

life's special moments (what's your dream?)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;6qLxEeZRT90][/video]

ignite the crowd (jabari & shocky with the fist pumps)#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
Shocky1
[video=youtube;DSjzVYY30XM][/video]

sweet emotion#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;d0lYeR89k6o][/video]

gene keady jr (with a better tan)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]stanford did everything they could to stop ivan rabb ... pushing, hacking, grabbing him ... but they could not stop him
25 points on on 7-9 shooting including 2-2 from downtown, and two MONSTER jams
13 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]after early season injuries, Jabari Bird is now [COLOR="#000080"]soaring[/COLOR]

tonight he scored 17 points in an array of ways...scoring on 7-13 shooting, including a thunderous ally ooop dunk (assist from Grant)

Bird looked like he was moon walking in the air to finish the MONSTER dunk that brought the Haas down[/SIZE]

Shocky1
arizona wildcats (20-2) were down at halftime but took care of biz by sending romar one step closer to going back to missouri 77-67 as the washington huskies (9-12) need an emergency rescue adoption or something...it's not known if allonzo trier (12 points & 8 boards) spoke to any pima county middle schoolers re: the dangers of drugs before the game or what?...note to shocky, next time you speak to nick kerr after the game don't tell him that you think that tuscon is a dump, he grew up on 3rd street

in the battle of academic heavyweights the arizona state sundevils (11-10) continued their 2 year slide under the leadership of bobby "off to the races" hurley losing at home 91-83 to the washington state cougars (11-10) behind josh hawkenson's 31 points on 10 of 16 field goals & 10 boards...bobby's team may not even win 10 games next season but he's telling recent asu offeree kj hymes that he's "rebuilding the program" with his guys...really, he's gonna have losing record teams his 1st 4 years in tempe but it's gonna get better somehow down the road?...kj, don't be a dumb azz, you already play for a dumb azz coach that yells at the refs the whole game, ok?...what's your best 50 year decision?

#12 ranked virginia cavaliers (16-4) almost pulled the heroic upset 61-59 on the #1 ranked villanova wildcats home court in philly, not talking about merion
rkt88edmo
Was nice to see Jabari being active and getting those pts as he spent much of the first half resting after 2 early fouls. Luckily for us Reid Travis got his second not much later and the cards definitely are not the same team when he is not on the floor.
Shocky1
rkt88edmo;842801463 said:

Was nice to see Jabari being active and getting those pts as he spent much of the first half resting after 2 early fouls. Luckily for us Reid Travis got his second not much later and the cards definitely are not the same team when he is not on the floor.

rkt, spoke with numerous sources including a couple of nba scouts re: reid travis after the game & the consensus is that he's a highly effective & powerful college 4 that can bully opponents for buckets & boards but that he doesn't have the elite hops or shooting skills to play in the nba, he wont receive draft evaluations telling him to come out early, he'll be a beast again next season for stanford

roxy & i are in agreement that we wonder what he'd do as a college tight end roaming the middle of the field at 6'8" 250 lbs with soft hands & a bad azz attitude...might have more professional upside as a football player than a basketball player but then again he's been injured a lot the last 2 years just playing basketball

yeah, if he wanted to be a graduate transfer student to cal, i'm pretty sure coach wilcox could find a scholly for a potential all pac 12 tight end

running wild running free#
Shocky1
one of my favorite things to do after home guys is to circulate (parentswerebears did the circuit with me last nite) & visit with those that share my passion & vision for the cal basketball program, there's a lot of everlasting love in the haas

one of the major highlights for me was meeting the parents of koko (krikor anthony kurdoghlian), moms houri (raised in aleppo) & dad mike (raised in beirut)...koko told me in honolulu that he is of armenian descent & that he's extensively traveled the middle east, he's a young man with a broad perspective of the world & a passion for international biz

i told houri & mike that their son is an absoutely lethal shooter with a pure stroke (he steps into his shot like all the greats) during the early shootarounds & that i yell "koko, you never miss" at him after each made 3 pointer which are usually all net

koko played high school ball at 170 lbs but coach nic is getting his body right to compete defensively at the elite level expected by coach martin & now he's 182+ lbs, he will hopefully play a little south of 190 lbs next season

just glad koko (3.5 gpa in high school) made it thru his 1st semester in berkeley, he's got a tremendous support system with loving parents

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including armenia):bravo
TheSouseFamily
Caught a bit of Davon Dillard tonight in the OSU/OU game. Not impressed at all. He's got 0 so far tonight and is only averaging 4 ppg in his sophomore year. Definitely not "one that got away."
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842801767 said:

one of my favorite things to do after home guys is to circulate (parentswerebears did the circuit with me last nite) & visit with those that share my passion & vision for the cal basketball program, there's a lot of everlasting love in the haas

one of the major highlights for me was meeting the parents of koko (krikor anthony kurdoghlian), moms houri (raised in aleppo) & dad mike (raised in beirut)...koko told me in honolulu that he is of armenian descent & that he's extensively traveled the middle east, he's a young man with a broad perspective of the world & a passion for international biz

i told houri & mike that their son is an absoutely lethal shooter with a pure stroke (he steps into his shot like all the greats) during the early shootarounds & that i yell "koko, you never miss" at him after each made 3 pointer which are usually all net

koko played high school ball at 170 lbs but coach nic is getting his body right to compete defensively at the elite level expected by coach martin & now he's 182+ lbs, he will hopefully play a little south of 190 lbs next season

just glad koko (3.5 gpa in high school) made it thru his 1st semester in berkeley, he's got a tremendous support system with loving parents

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including armenia):bravo

That was fun. Shooting the breeze with players, coaches, event staff. I have to say, my favorite parts were the players' humility. The players are really great human beings.
Shocky1
cal's monster class exclusive gameday promotion: a free rihanna bobblehead will be given away to the 1st 10,000 fans at haas pavillion this thursday nite at 6:00 against the utah utes

still a lot (too many) tixs available, get yours now & bring your friends & family

and yeah the 1st 700 fans inside the door will receive a signed rihanna umbrella unless you'd rather have it signed by coach webster which is ok too but to be honest with you isn't worth very much on ebay...check out the link below to get your tix(s) online or call 1-800-gobears, let's do this

http://calbears.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB16%3AB16%3A&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

diamonds in the sky (together we attack)#:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]'Rabb was the definition of offensive efficiency on a Sunday night when points were otherwise hard to come by, leading the Bears to a 66-55 victory over the Cardinal in front of a national television audience and a sellout crowd at Haas Pavilion'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-s-Ivan-Rabb-is-on-target-in-win-over-10893009.php#photo-12277171[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]domination[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ˌdməˈnāSH(ən/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]1. supremacy or preeminence over another

2. exercise of mastery or ruling power

3. exercise of preponderant, governing, or controlling influence[/SIZE]
Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842801787 said:

Caught a bit of Davon Dillard tonight in the OSU/OU game. Not impressed at all. He's got 0 so far tonight and is only averaging 4 ppg in his sophomore year. Definitely not "one that got away."

davon dillard (2nd to the right in the foto below) beat up a teammate pretty severely in high school, commited to cal but didn't clear admissions, redshirted his freshman year at oklahoma state & has been in & out of travis ford's doghouse since then while struggling with academic issues...raised in a rough environment really hope davon earns his college degree in stillwater...no realistic chance he could've ever graduated from cal

oscar frayer (far left in the foto above) commited to cal & did not clear admissions, he suffers from dyslexia...he's now performing at a high very level on the court as a true freshman for thunder (just ask the waitresses at his restaurants) dan majerle at grand canyon university which academically is comparable to a junior college...frayer's teammate damari milstead from moreau catholic will be joining him in the desert next season as gcu is becoming a solid program as a new d1 school

tyson jolly commited to cal with the undetstanding it would be necessary to go to prep school but also didn't clear admissions & is currently redshirting his freshman year at baylor...raised by a single moms he's a good kid according to huf but still growing up from a maturity & responsibiity standpoint.. would've been a high risk for flunking out of cal

alec hickman commited to cal but didn't clear admissions, he was neither athletically or academically a good fit for the program, a scholly offer (which was accepted) was offered way too early in the recruiting process...he has since disappeared from the jserra roster & it's not known if he's even playing basketball anymore

bottom line, the staff tried to cut corners academically (all 4 of these guys had gpas under 3.0) for a brief period there (which is a fool's errand at the #1 ranked public university in the world) in the agreed upon pursuit of adding a more bad azz mentally/physical tougher componenet to the program but no worries as the director of recruiting & a champion of relentlessly targeting high gpa high character true student athletes i got this thing back on the right track

don't be a dumb azz (cal isn't for everyone)#ork:
Shocky1
OneTopOneChickenApple;842801867 said:

This must be a redshirt season by now but never heard about his injury. I did see a small cast on his hand once. What happened? Is he on scholarship next season?

brandon told me he's blueshirting this season & that he will return next season as a junior elgiibility wise
calfanz
Tillman just tweeted he is a UTE whatever that is
Big C
calfanz;842802441 said:

Tillman just tweeted he is a UTE whatever that is

I think it's a word from one of the Native American languages... means "fool".
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"]welcome Justice Sueing![/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Butts in the seats in Haas Pavilion matters. Don't believe me? ...[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]"Tonight, there was a lot of energy, even in warm-ups. It felt great," Rabb said. " We could get used to that."[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Justice Sueing scores 27 pts (game leader scorer) on 11-17 shooting (65%), including 3-6 from downtown (50%), 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, in a close loss to #1 Chino Hills and the Ball bros

Justice shows a nice handle for a SF, and slick passing[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;EcGGvjeHOSk][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]signing day ... basketball style ...[/SIZE]

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842803012 said:

[SIZE=5]Justice Sueing scores 27 pts (game leader scorer) on 11-17 shooting (65%), including 3-6 from downtown (50%), 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, in a close loss to #1 Chino Hills and the Ball bros

Justice shows a nice handle for a SF, and slick passing[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;EcGGvjeHOSk][/video]

Half those high school players on the floor could shoot 3s better than pretty much anybody on our team, 'cept maybe Bird & Charlie
OneKeg
mikecohen;842803041 said:

Half those high school players on the floor could shoot 3s better than pretty much anybody on our team, 'cept maybe Bird & Charlie

I love Bird (34% 3s) and Charlie (39%), but Mullins is shooting 45% on 3s and Rabb 55%.

[URL="http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/25/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct"][U]http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/25/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct[/U][/URL]

Of course, perhaps Mullins and definitely Rabb only shoot when they are wide open on catch-and-shoot, so that may be part of the reason.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Only FOUR more home games
Only FOUR more home games for our seniors

be there.[/SIZE]

BeachedBear
FOUR home games left:

Utah, Colorado, Oregon & Oregon State.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#000080"]CLUTCH.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]17 points, 3 rebounds, 3 steals including a clean pick of Utah PG at the end of the half, and a open court save when he used his quick hands to bat the ball away from a streaking Ute ... but the biggest stat ...

SEVEN assists, with none sweeter than the ally oop pass to Jabari Bird for the winning dunk in double overtime[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]Heart of a Bear[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Beardog26
Charlie had his share of troubles last night but I love this kid. He is fearless, can create his own shot and distribute to others, and makes plays at critical moments. Really excited that he will be leading this team for the next several years.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.