cal's monster class deux

1,376,513 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
south bender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why not just forget the judging of others?
Shocky1

colorado is 13-10 & is currently on a 3 game pac 12 winning streak including a 74-65 upset of oregon & last game's 81-74 beatdown of stanford in palo alto, they are a physical & dangerous team that is now playing 40 minutes of competitive basketball

the buffaloes are led by division 2 transfer 6'5" 200 lbs senior derrick white (16.4 ppg & a team high 4.3 apg), 6'7" 230 lbs senior xavier johnson (6.1 rpg & 15.2 ppg with a scorching 44.1% on 3 pointers, the bears gotta know where the shooter #1 is at all times on the court), 6'6" 225 lbs george king (11.4 & 7.0 rpg), 6'9" 245 lbs senior wesley gordon (team high 7.3 rpg & 7.2 ppg) & 6'5" 212 lbs senior josh fortune (6.5 ppg)...next year could get ugly in boulder but this is an experienced senior battle tested team entering haas pavillion today at 1:30 pm for the battle at the barricade

here's the deal, with josh scott gone the bufs don't got a defensive answer for guarding young ivee, it's a mismatch that needs to be fully exploited...the bird man gotta attack the basket for buckets around the rim & get the bufs in foul trouble, charlie needs to continue lobbying the ball inside for entry passes behind colorado's d & grant needs to shoot the ball in rhythm like the cocky wolf of wall street...kam & the king will have signficant height advantages & when they get the ball in the low post they need to collect themselves & methodically abuse their defenders for point range buckets

defensively the bufs can be pressured into turnovers, stanford is not an athletic team by pac 12 standards yet they forced 23 turnovers this week...colorado is more about brute strength (rebounding) than ball skills, they got a lotta guys with loose handles, there's gonna be a lot of forced opportunties for steals & up tempo transition baskets & breakaways

the mentally tougher team is gonna win today's battle at the barricade...with a bunch of pac 12 road games at hostile venues on the horizon, our guys needs to play with tremendous shocky like amped up energy for 40 minutes at our haas & **** up the bufs

who wants this?

knock somebody on their azz (this is cal basketball)#:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw
Shocky1
concordtom;842804832 said:

Being a mutt may inoculate one against being a judging racist, fair point. But it does nothing to assure you won't judge people on their shapeliness.

agreed

south bender
This "mutt" notion assumes that there are, what?, "pure" people?

There are not. In the tens of thousands of years that homo Sapiens have existed as a distinct species, obviously there have been almost countless generations of the males and females breeding (including breeding with Neanderthals), moving from their area of origin to the rest of Africa and to the rest of the world.

So who is "pure"? Apparently it is only most of the homo Sapiens south of the Sahara who do not have Neanderthal genes. Does that make them "pure"?

Just as "race" is nonsense as a category for humans, even more so is the notion of purity.

So enough with the mutt thing. We people have not become breeds, in contrast to our Irish setters, English poodles, and so on.
Shocky1
south bender, make no mistake about it my boy cole welle is a honorary mutt

you can never look back (i can feel it in the air)#
concordtom
Shocky1;842804839 said:

agreed

It was my softball for you.
Also, a test to see if you had learned anything during your time away.
Handled as expected.
Shocky1

left to right clockwise, ivan "birthday boy" rabb, stephen "clutch 3" domingo, jabari "nba motion" bird, kameron "9 points/6 boards" rooks, grant "the financial free throws liquidator" mullins, sam "attack the basket" singer, charlie "b-day ribs" moore & kingsley "sir darth vader" okoroh

walked into haas for this afternoon's battle at the barricade & bought a bunch of girls scout cookies which we then donated back for the homeless with roberta martin supporting the sales troops...she gave me a nice hug, unlike her bad azz husband she don't keep me further afar

today's battle at the barricade was a struggle during the last 22 minutes of the early blow out but guess what, life is not linear...you don't look back, you can never look back, you gotta just compete on the next possession

this team is getting not only physically but also mentally stronger, it's starting to reflect the personality of the coaching staff...kyle kuzma broke the king's nose during the 2nd half on thursday but he got it bent back into shape by the medical staff & competed later in the victory over the utes...good thing the king already got a curvy latina brunette yoga female girlfriend, that scary azz looking mask isn't a real crowd pleaser

stephen continues to play intense physcial d & his 3 pointer was a momentum changer...kam is getting his timing back & his moves around the basket reflect all his hard work in finishing with buckets...grant knocked down the critical free throws with the calm demeanor of the wolf of wall street allocating venture capital

and yeah the 2 birthday guys weren't too bad either

now it's off to the desert which are kinda like home games with shocky on his home turf...hopefully the future of cal basketball isaac hymes will at asu wednesday nite, he's the real deal

merci beaucoup

the grind (toughest team wins)#:axe
oskidunker
Cal 71 Aspu 67
Shocky1
[video=youtube;_sddrmvaVhY][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;hh5FIBm_jSw][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;alJMZD0aKHY][/video]
Shocky1

bonjour mes amis

un accueil chaleureux a notre visiteur officiel avec sa mere et son papa a l'universit de californie berkeley

un vrai athlete etudiant cle pour cal aller tout le chemin jusqu'a la classe (2017)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including france):gobears:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]what a perfect day in Haas today
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Kam with 9 points on 4-5 from the field, 5 rebounds, a block and an assist, plus tough defense in the Cal win over Colorado

IMPACT and EFFICIENCY[/SIZE]

mikecohen
Shocky1;842805093 said:

bonjour mes amis

un accueil chaleureux a notre visiteur officiel avec sa mere et son papa a l'universit de californie berkeley

un vrai athlete etudiant cle pour cal aller tout le chemin jusqu'a la classe (2017)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including france):gobears:

OK, Je vais mordre: ?Qui?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]What is true terror if you are a Cal opponent with the ball?

That would be [COLOR="#000080"]Kingsley Okoroh [/COLOR]between you and the rack[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]THREE more blocks (should have been Four) in today's win over the Buffs[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Grant Mullins with EIGHT for EIGHT free throws to seal the deal
don't even think any of those shots hit rim[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Nina dominated the game with 17 points, 9 rebounds, and slowed down USC's Center (along with CJ West) to beat USC on Super Sunday[/SIZE]

stu
HoopDreams;842805118 said:

Nina dominated the game with 17 points, 9 rebounds, and slowed down USC Center (along with KC Waters) to beat USC on Super Sunday

That was CJ West, not KC Waters. Not much difference in the initials.

BTW great pix of Nina!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Singer played like a vet today
efficient 9 points on 4-7 shooting, including trey at the shot clock buzzer
2 assists and his usual strong defense[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Charlie Moore 17 points, including 5-8 from downtown Chicago. 8 dimes, 2 off the glass, and 1 quick hand steal[/SIZE]

parentswerebears
Shocky1;842805093 said:

bonjour mes amis

Hmm...
Shocky1

la region de la baie de san francisco est l'un des endroits les plus divers du monde qui est important pour ceux d'entre nous comme vous et moi qui sont des heritages mixtes

oui, san francisco est considr comme le paris des tats-uni d'amrique

l'universite de californie, berkeley=numero un classe public (numero trois) universite globale dans le monde:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo
Shocky1

what up, king?

time to get a mask upgrade, ok?...it don't matter what language were talking about, at the end of the day it's still always about the curvy brunette yoga female

just ask roger, c'est magnifique

the king of darby=the phantom of the opera=the chairman of da boards:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
parentswerebears
Who is the mystery Frenchman?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]who is a big fan of Cal basketball, and attends many of the games?

that would be the starting running back for the 2017-18 Cal football team[/SIZE]

Shocky1
parentswerebears;842805203 said:

Who is the mystery Frenchman?

he's a slave to the law

[video=youtube;I8WSysB5vKM][/video]

OdontoBear66
HoopDreams;842805111 said:

[SIZE=5]Grant Mullins with EIGHT for EIGHT free throws to seal the deal
don't even think any of those shots hit rim[/SIZE]

Boy was he money at the end on the FT line. Wouldn't it be nice to have him there every game? Trouble is no one else will let him get near and inbounds pass late in the game from here on out. That was as solid a performance on the FT line as I have seen at Cal in years. Swish. Can we have him in a teaching role for the team?
SBGold
concordtom;842804953 said:

It was my softball for you.
Also, a test to see if you had learned anything during your time away.
Handled as expected.

Can you knock off the trolling and add something to the bball discussion? Sheesh
89Bear
Eight more assists from Charlie is so great!! He has been on a roll dishing the ball the last 3 games.
SBGold
89Bear;842805275 said:

Eight more assists from Charlie is so great!! He has been on a roll dishing the ball the last 3 games.

Yes, he's so quick but sometimes get his shot blocked on the drives, if he drive and dish it moves the ball around so much better
concordtom
SBGold;842805263 said:

Can you knock off the trolling and add something to the bball discussion? Sheesh

Two way street, my friend.
Constant sexualization of women has nothing to do with hoops.
So, this father of 5 girls expresses his dissenting view. No, I don't choose to look the other way. It's inappropriate and a personal jab at me just the same.
Society is changed one step at a time.

Shocky looked excellent in Blue yesterday. That's an earnest compliment!!

As for adding to the hoops discussion, please see my recent "props" thread. One of MANY threads on basketball I contribute.
Have a nice day.
south bender
concordtom;842805292 said:

Two way street, my friend.
Constant sexualization of women has nothing to do with hoops.
So, this father of 5 girls expresses his dissenting view. No, I don't choose to look the other way. It's inappropriate and a personal jab at me just the same.
Society is changed one step at a time.

Shocky looked excellent in Blue yesterday. That's an earnest compliment!!

As for adding to the hoops discussion, please see my recent "props" thread. One of MANY threads on basketball I contribute.
Have a nice day.

I support CT!

Our narcissist seems unaware or uncaring that he constantly demeans women, as well as himself. Glad to see that CT has the stamina to challenge Shockster on this.
concordtom
south bender;842805303 said:

I support CT!

Our narcissist seems unaware or uncaring that he constantly demeans women, as well as himself. Glad to see that CT has the stamina to challenge Shockster on this.

Thanks, SB.
I enjoy good looking women as much as the next warm blooded male. But this is not the place. Launch a hotties thread. Sell your magazines. Don't mix it in with recruiting and game news that speaks to young men who are still figuring out their values systems. It makes it commonplace and is not right. I am not a spokesman on the subject and so don't have the best words. But it's not right.
It's not been an enjoyable campaign for me. So thanks for the occasional support I hear.

There's a lot about Shocky, at gameday and this thread, that I enjoy. There are a few things I am less in favor of. This one really gets my goat.
mikecohen
SBGold;842805285 said:

Yes, he's so quick but sometimes get his shot blocked on the drives, if he drive and dish it moves the ball around so much better

Just an interesting observation. Although he IS so quick, he is also the softest player I've seen in memory - absolutely no herky-jerky; but he is better at finding those holes in the defense than any of the herky-jerkiers [who have to do the herky-jerky in order to make their holes and spaces - which (i.e., breaking ankles) is not really a bad thing; but seeing Charlie create without that is a lot of good things].
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.