cal's monster class deux

1,376,273 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
btw i made the 20 footer above, great read from my caddie toyun, 3 foot break right to left

finishing in style#
Shocky1
senegal's malik dime has been indefinitely suspended by romar after slapping a colorado student heckler at halftime but to malik's credit he shook hands with the buffs fan after the game

carlos johnson in the doghouse after talking back to romar after being pulled from the game

washington basketball=the titanic

Shocky1;842806874 said:

markelle fultz is out with a sore knee, it's possible he may decide to not risk any further injury which might affect his nba draft ranking, he could be done in seattle
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Grant Shephard ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

concordtom
Chapman_is_Gone;842807162 said:

Shocky do you have all of your hair?

That's a bit funny in that it may explain why he always comments on everyone's hair in this blog.
Come on, though - let's focus on the positive. He's finally adopted the blue shirt! Still brightly noticeable, but BLUE.
Small favors! It's works
concordtom
HoopDreams;842807192 said:

[SIZE=5]Cal is 8-1 in the last nine games
But the next three are on the road[/SIZE]

thank you for this post.
Can always count on HD!
Shocky1
princeton tigers (14-6) kicked azz 69-60 on mike proctor's cornell big red...the tigers are now 7-0 in ivy league play & the conference frontrunners for a ncca tournament slot, the bears 62-51 win in hawaii could be a resume building victory in the eyes of the committee
Shocky1
SFBearz;842807101 said:

Target demographic appears to be 7-10 year old boys who are a little slow

sfbearz, there's probably a little bit of truth to that, afterall the future of cal basketball issac hymes is in 7th grade

make no mistake about it, cal's monster class is responsive to the interests of its targeted market segment

Shocky1

#9 ranked arizona are 22-3 but have struggled since the return of gunner allonzo trier from his ncca peds suspension, lauri markkanen's numbers are way off since then, team chemistry is a tricky thing

the wildcats are led by 1 & done finnish 7' 230 lbs lauri markkanen (15.6 ppg with 47.5% on 3 pointers, must be closed out on the perimeter, along with a team high 7.3 rpg), 6'5" 205 lbs allonzo trier (15.5 ppg) 6'5" 220 lbs rawle alkins (11.8 ppg & 5.3 rpg), 6'5" 175 lbs kobi simmons (11.2 ppg), serbian 7' 245 lbs dusan ristic (11.8 rpg & 6.2 rpg) & 6'3" 205 lbs kadeem allen (9.4 ppg & 3.2 apg)

what's the gameplan for tonite?: playing sufforcating zone d & forcing the crooked azz shooting wildcats to shoot over it is the key on defense...attacking the basket with young ivee, kam & the king against arizona which played soft interior d against stanford (reid travis bullied his way for 26 points) is the key on offense

fully expect k(rooks) to have his best game of the season as he honors the memory of his dad big sean & for his teammates to rally around him with his moms susanne at mckale, arizona is planning a tribute to their former wildcats great during the pregame

the wildcats are not a great shooting team & they will struggle against cal's high energy zone d

it's gonna be loud at mckale but this team has got a special dna, this team will feed off the hostility with inspired play, this team will not back down

yeah i'm gonna walk a brisk 18 holes at whisper rock this morning but make no mistake about it i'm gonna be amped up tonite after the drive south from north scottsdale to tuscon...yeah tuscon is a ******* dump (sorry nick but it's true)

compete (life is too short, rip sean rooks)#:tree
concordtom
Honest question for anyone who wants to take a stab:

What was the game plan last time and how did that work out (other than an L)?
Is this proposed game plan different? If not, why should we think we'll be able to execute it better in raucous McHale?
(Yes, I realize I'm treating things as if Socky's an actual coach.)
socaltownie
concordtom;842807277 said:

Is this proposed game plan different? If not, why should we think we'll be able to execute it better in raucous McHale?

Well Kam was out. That meant that it was easier to expose Kings and Ivan to fouls. That is what happened. After that rim protection went to heck and a hand basket.

Guess? Bait PEDS boy in shooting. We want that to occur. Meanwhile dump it down to Ivan. Be shocked if Miller doesn't double. The challenge is that we are finally starting to move the rock well out of that - so with Bird and Mullins on the court at the same time lots of options to swing it to get a good look. Key for Ivan is not WAITING....as soon as it comes get it out and swing.
NVBear78
concordtom;842807277 said:

A very big difference between then and now is we are now playing a very effective Zone defense vs. strictly man back in our first game with Arizona. And Arizona has struggled against the zone.
Shocky1
2018's #2 rated player & true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa jordan brown scored 24 points as the woodcreek timberwolves yosemited 69-60 the granite bay grizzlies

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and a short dat way drive from roseville for the fam on gamedays):cool:
Shocky1
trevin knell scored 27 points including a redunkulously acrobatic lay up to lead his woods cross wildcats to a 75-49 lines striping of the ogden tigers

4.0+ gpa (not a dumb azz)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"][FONT=Verdana]Ready for takeoff[SIZE=6][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams

concordtom
socaltownie;842807285 said:

Well Kam was out. That meant that it was easier to expose Kings and Ivan to fouls. That is what happened. After that rim protection went to heck and a hand basket.

Guess? Bait PEDS boy in shooting. We want that to occur. Meanwhile dump it down to Ivan. Be shocked if Miller doesn't double. The challenge is that we are finally starting to move the rock well out of that - so with Bird and Mullins on the court at the same time lots of options to swing it to get a good look. Key for Ivan is not WAITING....as soon as it comes get it out and swing.

Okay, forgot that Kam was out. Big difference (5 fouls!).
And, true that Ivan and the team is much more adept at handling the double team (cuts to the post and better swing for 3).
So, I'm going to buy a vowell for $200, Alec. Could I have an O. (as in 'hope')
concordtom
NVBear78;842807298 said:

A very big difference between then and now is we are now playing a very effective Zone defense vs. strictly man back in our first game with Arizona. And Arizona has struggled against the zone.

Great. And how about an E?
concordtom
HoopDreams;842807309 said:

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"][FONT=Verdana]Ready for takeoff[SIZE=6][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Jabari, please come over for the family BBQ after the season is over.
I'm going to invite Jordan, too. Maybe you can tell him how you liked Cal.
concordtom
HoopDreams;842807317 said:

Olivier, je ne parle pas frances, mais mon "frau", oui, elle parle tres bien.

Next time you are in Berkeley, I want to see you riding that big bear, okay!??!?!

Dude, I just read that you have cut your list to Cal, Vandy, Wake, and UCF.
If you want to be closer to home (4 hour flight time diff = nothing) then you will chose one of them. But if you want to have a great experience, there is NO comparison. SF Bay Area destroys those other places. AND, as you have already said, "Berkeley is known by its academic level all around the world . It's a good place to live, people are open and kind. Beautiful campus, and I appreciate to be able to talk with the coaching staff and the team."

Bienvenue a Berkeley, mon ami.
Mealpoints
Does Miller still dominate on the doughnuts? Got a feeling Domingo comes up huge in this game. Go Bears!
Shocky1

what up, olivier, how's your official visit to wake forest going?

i visited winston-salem not too long ago as a guest of the old town golf club in order to play/walk their recently renovated coore & crenshaw masterpiece for a couple of days (also played the much underrated roaring gap)...with my influence in the worldwide golf course archieture rankings as a panelist for both golf digest & golf magazine old town is now ranked as a united states top 100 golf course...it's a beautiful design with a tight routing that maximizes the hilly terrain with interesting shotmaking strategies & controured greensites

while i was treated like royalty at the club (which is exclusively reserved for the bluebloods of the community whose generational families have benefited from the tobacco industry) as a mutt like you of mixed descent i obvserved subtle racism of blacks when off the club's property, there are still lingering issues of the civil war & slavery in winston-salem

i toured the tranquil wake forest campus & thought it contrasted sharply to the manufacturing facilities of rj reyonds tobacco company whose big biz money basically finances winston-salem...i made a point of touring one of the cigarette producting plants, did the deacon demons staff do that for you, your moms & dad?

are you interested in living the next 4 years of your life in a community whose economy is based upon the genocide of people around the world in the name of corpoate profits?...are you interested in taking a stats class that focuses on how to manipulate raw data to try to minimize the cancer rate for children of mother's that smoked?

smoking kills#:nono:
socaltownie
Shocky - request. Could you film and post up the celebration of Sean Rooks's life tonight during the pregame. It is just a really classy thing that UofA is doing. HATE the fans but I love this gesture and it would be wonderful for it to get some distribution. Maybe wildcats will also be distributing by youtube this way it happens for sure.

thanks!
Shocky1
socaltownie;842807362 said:

Shocky - request. Could you film and post up the celebration of Sean Rooks's life tonight during the pregame. It is just a really classy thing that UofA is doing. HATE the fans but I love this gesture and it would be wonderful for it to get some distribution. Maybe wildcats will also be distributing by youtube this way it happens for sure.

thanks!

will do, so cal
Shocky1

taylor got all her high school world geo & history assignments done so she's gonna be roadtripping with me to tuscon in a couple of minutes...she's been to 20+ countries to celebrate the cultures of our global community during our family travel in my quest to play the world's top 100 courses but we totally bond talking about art, music, books & fashion during our cal basketball roadtrips...yeah we both are kinda austistic in that we both like to listen to the same song over & over, we once drove on pacific coast highway (olivier, locals call it pch1) from san louis opisbo to nobu malibu while singing along to drake's for free over & over, we beat that song to death

love you sweetie

the magic of cal basketball (tuscon is a dump)#:bluecarrot::newnana:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]AZ broke Cal's 5 game win streak, but Kam, playing with the power of his father with 10 and 6[/SIZE]

concordtom
Shocky1;842807392 said:

taylor got all her high school world geo & history assignments done so she's gonna be roadtripping with me to tuscon in a couple of minutes...she's been to 20+ countries to celebrate the cultures of our global community during our family travel....

I commend you, and give her an automatic A in world geo and history.
I learned so much by traveling. No doubt Taylor is far ahead of her peers in many ways simply by getting on a plane and being in a place where they don't speak English and eat drive-thru burgers!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Arizona could not stop Jabari (except by flopping) as he played aggressive and with confidence, scoring 19 points on an array of shots, including a [COLOR="#2F4F4F"]earth shaking jam[/COLOR] through traffic[/SIZE]

Shocky1
4:25 pm-taylor & dad leave the house & hit the road from north scottsdale, t's got the car loaded with water bottles

4:40 pm-get take away go go green smoothies fortified with vegetables with 5 blueberries (for taste) from freshbox, we got the tunes cranking the whole drive

6:45 pm-arrive in ugly azz tuscon, a dude with a homemade sign that says "parking-$10" tells me we can park on the street only 2 blocks away from mckale...i pay & then notice all the towaway signs so i talk to mr parking ceo & he tells me he's been doing this for "more than 10 years" and that we won't be towed, he promises us that we're good to go...as we walk away taylor tells me "he looks like he's around 20 years old, did he start doing this when he was 10?"....ruh roh

7:00 pm-jay john/marco harris got our 2 tixs at will call, the female student ticket person with a red shirt asks me if i'm family of a player or a recruit, i tell her that "i'm the director of recruiting for the cal basketball program"...taylor is standing next to me & silently mouthes to the girl "he's not a coach"...whatever

7:15 pm-watch the cal early warm ups from behind the arizona bench...when a student manager comes out i ask him "where do you put coach miller's donuts?"

7:50 pm-taylor observes the crowd & comments that "'everyone is either really old or really young like a student, is everyone is tuscon white?"...i explain to her that tuscon is where old people go to die in value play retirement communities with lousy cartball golf courses & 2.5 gpa dumb azzs that couldn't get accepted anywhere else go to engage in underage drinking & attend wildcats basketball games, the perfect school for ira lee

8:40 pm-charlie moore goes into the locker room 3 minutes before the half holding his right hip & walking tenderly, he's in serious pain...an arizona coed yells out "sorry charlie" when he walks by

9:05-charlie comes out of halftime with an icepack taped on his thigh, he gets help in putting on his warm up jacket, he's done for the nite

9:20 pm-the bears are mounting a major comeback & i'm screaming my azz off, the adjacent student section isn't used to visitors yelling so loudly & they're pointing at me & saying stuff...i turn to their student section & loudly ask them "what's your gpa?"...it gets silent for a second, their mouths are wide open, there are no comebacks

9:35 pm-the bird man is relentlessly attacking the basket with a nba motor, this opportunity against less athletic defenders has been available to him during his entire career at cal

10:12 pm-bears lose, as we're walking out a couple of the arizona students yell out to me "see ya later, buddy"...i loudly ask them again "what's your gpa?"...no response, i honestly cannot tell if these guys are drunk or just not that smart compared to rocks & **** like that

10:26 pm-our car is still there on the street, t tells she doesn't think tuscon is very pretty...i just laugh at the understatment of the day

12: 25 am-we arrive at delux (the kitchen closes at 2:00 am) in phoenix by the bilmore fashion square on 32nd street & camelback and taylor orders a cheeseburger while i order miso soup & sushi...the waitreess reongizes me from our yoga/meditation studio & gives me a hug...taylor fries come in a little shopping cart

12:35 pm-the waitress tells taylor that during fish pose that when everybody in our yoga class exhales with "ahhhh" that i always say "rrrrrr" like a pirate...they both think that's pretty funny & laugh

1:05 am-we arrive in the garage & them rescue dogs & cats mob us when we walk into the house...taylor asks me if i'm sad the bears lost, i tell her no that we competed hard tonite & that ivan is gonna impose his will against stanford in our next game

love you sweetie

taylor & her dumb azz dad's most excellent adventure#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;01d4SIzCxN4][/video]

this is cal basketball#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1;842807623 said:

4:25 pm-taylor & dad leave the house & hit the road from north scottsdale, t's got the car loaded with water bottles

4:40 pm-get take away go go green smoothies fortified with vegetables with 5 blueberries (for taste) from freshbox, we got the tunes cranking the whole drive

6:45 pm-arrive in ugly azz tuscon, a dude with a homemade sign that says "parking-$10" tells me we can park on the street only 2 blocks away from mckale...i pay & then notice all the towaway signs so i talk to mr parking ceo & he tells me he's been doing this for "more than 10 years" and that we won't be towed, he promises us that we're good to go...as we walk away taylor tells me "he looks like he's around 20 years old, did he start doing this when he was 10?"....ruh roh

7:00 pm-jay john/marco harris got our 2 tixs at will call, the female student ticket person with a red shirt asks me if i'm family of a player or a recruit, i tell her that "i'm the director of recruiting for the cal basketball program"...taylor is standing next to me & silently mouthes to the girl "he's not a coach"...whatever

7:15 pm-watch the cal early warm ups from behind the arizona bench...when a student manager comes out i ask him "where do you put coach miller's donuts?"

7:50 pm-taylor observes the crowd & comments that "'everyone is either really old or really young like a student, is everyone is tuscon white?"...i explain to her that tuscon is where old people go to die in value play retirement communities with lousy cartball golf courses & 2.5 gpa dumb azzs that couldn't get accepted anywhere else go to engage in underage drinking & attend wildcats basketball games, the perfect school for ira lee

8:40 pm-charlie moore goes into the locker room 3 minutes before the half holding his right hip & walking tenderly, he's in serious pain...an arizona coed yells out "sorry charlie" when he walks by

9:05-charlie comes out of halftime with an icepack taped on his thigh, he gets help in putting on his warm up jacket, he's done for the nite

9:20 pm-the bears are mounting a major comeback & i'm screaming my azz off, the adjacent student section isn't used to visitors yelling so loudly & they're pointing at me & saying stuff...i turn to their student section & loudly ask them "what's your gpa?"...it gets silent for a second, their mouths are wide open, there are no comebacks

9:35 pm-the bird man is relentlessly attacking the basket with a nba motor, this opportunity against less athletic defenders has been available to him during his entire career at cal

10:12 pm-bears lose, as we're walking out a couple of the arizona students yell out to me "see ya later, buddy"...i loudly ask them again "what's your gpa?"...no response, i honestly cannot tell if these guys are drunk or just not that smart compared to rocks & **** like that

10:26 pm-our car is still there on the street, t tells she doesn't think tuscon is very pretty...i just laugh at the understatment of the day

12: 25 am-we arrive at delux (the kitchen closes at 2:00 am) in phoenix by the bilmore fashion square on 32nd street & camelback and taylor orders a cheeseburger while i order miso soup & sushi...the waitreess reongizes me from our yoga/meditation studio & gives me a hug...taylor fries come in a little shopping cart

12:35 pm-the waitress tells taylor that during fish pose that when everybody in our yoga class exhales with "ahhhh" that i always say "rrrrrr" like a pirate...they both think that's pretty funny & laugh

1:05 am-we arrive in the garage & them rescue dogs & cats mob us when we walk into the house...taylor asks me if i'm sad the bears lost, i tell her no that we competed hard tonite & that ivan is gonna impose his will against stanford in our next game

love you sweetie

taylor & her dumb azz dad's most excellent adventure#

Hey Shocky, you're OK, man. Nothing better than doing things with your kids. Will be heading down to Pebble shortly with my son for the final round of the AT&T. Never thought I'd enjoy showing my kid where I imploded during the state junior 40+ years ago. Can't wait for the, "yah, you already told me this story, dad".
Stay good, Shocky
Shocky1
82dls, loading up the car with water bottles is the key...and yeah a full tank of gas is also kinda important on roadtrips with the young ones

h20 matters#
Shocky1
bennie boatwright & his dad made 1 of 9 3 pointers as the usc trojans (21-5) got wrapped up 81-70 by the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (22-4) in front of 1,946 fans at the galen center, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

torian graham knocked down 6 3 pointers en route to a game high 24 points as the asu sun devils (12-14) rejected 75-69 jerod haase's man boobs & stanford cardinals (12-13) in tempe...the cards shot an abysmal 3 of 19 (15.8%) on 3 pointers & turned the ball over a sloppy 21 times...the bears zone d is gonna dare stanford to shoot over it & limit travis reid's bull rushes at the basket next friday nite in palo alto

markelle dnp again as the washington huskies (9-16) played with no heart in getting trounced 85-61 by the utah utes (17-8)...special k broke a greaseboard with a karate chop & finished the game with a heavily bandaged hand, losing the justice sueing jr recruiting battle will do that to you

seton hall pirates (15-9) got pushed off the plank & the bubble 78-70 by the st johns red storm

south dakota state jackrabbits (12-16) got served with bbq sauce 91-89 by them south dakota coyotes

louisiana tech bulldogs (18-8) got beeped 66-42 by the ut san antonio roadrunners

southeastern louisiana lions (13-13) got circled of life 60-52 by the new orleans privateers

alcorn state braves (12-11) exorcised 88-77 the mississippi valley state delta devils as jerry rice dnp

wyoming cowboys (16-10) got broke back mountained 81-74 by the utah state aggies

princeton tigers (15-6) got better gpas 61-59 than the columbia lions

uc davis aggies (16-9) corporate pharmed 77-63 the uc riverside highlanders

uc irvine anteaters (15-12) diamond headed 72-58 the hawaii rainbows, mr superstar justice sueing sr dnp because he was too busy talking up that pretty samoan curvy brunette yoga female
Shocky1
the cal basketball program flew directly home after last nite's late starting time & the bears got a well deserved day off today
Shocky1
charlie moore's day off#
BeachedBear
Shocky - your scoreboard euphemisms are very clever. One of the reasons I keep returning to your blog (despite not being in YOUR target audience) Much preferred to the personal attacks and pervy stuff, IMHO. Rescue pets, family adventures, recruiting tidbits are a plus. As a fellow cal fan with season tix for 30+ years, I too have involved my kids in many great and memorable moments (including some memorable, but not great moments, where my enthusiasm and broken filter has embarassed my kids at Haas and Harmon).

:gobears:
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.