cal's monster class deux

1,376,110 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Vineyardview
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842809370 said:

olivier, there are still some folks in the deep south of the united states of america that still believe in slavery, they just won't tell you that to your face

subtle racism#::nono:

It's obvious that Shocky subscribes to the attitudes of the "By Any Means Necessary" crowd.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]Cal out shoots Stanford from the field
Cal out shoots Stanford from 3
Cal out rebounds Stanford
Cal has more assists and blocks than Stanford

Stanford scores 26 more points from the line than Cal[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Juhwan HD and his Heritage Christian team fell to #1 Seed Sierra Canyon in the CIF Southern Section playoffs.
Sierra Canyon features Marvin Bagley III (#1 player in class of 2018), Cody Riley (UCLA), Remy Martin (ASU).
Juhwan HD battled all game, scoring 27 points, and were one score down with 16 seconds remaining.[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;00Gq9AVrc7M][/video]

Shocky1
Vineyardview;842809400 said:

It's obvious that Shocky subscribes to the attitudes of the "By Any Means Necessary" crowd.

it's obvious that shocky subscribes to tell the unvarnished truth without a filter point of view...vineyard, if you want mainstream white sports journalism the monster class isn't gonna be that place

adios#
Shocky1

the bears did not impose our will tonite at maples gym

the team that played in relentless attack mode won the game

defensively the bears did not pack the paint against reid travis & his bull rushes, we did not dare the worst 3 point shooting team in the pac 12 to beat us from behind the line...despite kam & the king clearly a step slower than travis we stubbornly & unsuccessfully played man d despite the team's best defensive performance of the season a week ago in tempe with a sufforcating zone d...our bigs schematically tonite got no help, they were left on an island & the fouls added up along with their free throws

sitting directly behind the basket on the cal side of the court in the 1st row i saw offensively ivan's frustration with guys not passing him the ball when he flashed open, we did not allow him to attack the basket & impose his will, you could see it in young ivee's eyes...ivan, your gonna have to call out your teammates when they fail to make the facilitating entry passes to you otherwise this team will continue to simply just take what the other team give us which is basically gonna be them imposing their will on us & taking you out of the game with double teams...we made no concerted effort to go after reid travis & get him in foul trouble

there are no simple solutions but one thing is clear the bears did not impose our will tonite on a rainy nite in palo alto

it's a shame tolu jacobs yaffa wasn't on the bench tonite, he knows what i'm talking about, were on the same page in life

[video=youtube;AVq5lc6sVVo][/video]

impose your will (life's lessons)#
Shocky1

olivier, you've traveled thousands of miles with your moms & dad and shared an experience that you will never forget

looking forward to your annoucement next week when you publicly announce your college decision

50 year decision#

Shocky1;842806295 said:

my fellow mutt of mixed descent olivier sarr (moms is european, dad is black) is on a glamorous tour of the united states of america with a decision expected thereafter, this is gonna be a collegiate decsision with 50 year implications:

cal: the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world located in america's most european city, the beautifully diverse san francisco bay area, in a highly successful west coast basketball program with other high character true student athletes coached up (multiple guys developed & currently playing in the nba) by a caring coaching staff (including most importantly, shocky) in a family environment

central florida: academically mediocre school located in one of the most summertimes humid flat locations on planet earth...johnny dawkins has coached his team for 4 losses in their last 5 games, some things never change

wake forest: good school academically located adjacent to the fabulous recently restored coore & crenshaw old town golf club & a tobacco factory/cigarette headquarters...great place to learn about slavery & subtle discrimination...danny manning is a good man

vanderbilt: very good school academically but nasty humid hot in the summer & freezing azz cold in the winters, 15 minutes of nice weather each spring & fall with subtle racisim...bryce drew is an emerging but still unproven coach, rocky start in nashville with a 12-12 record this season

the search for the truth (what are your values?)#:patriot:
concordtom
And what about his 2018 5-star French teammate? Could it be a two-fer opportunity?
roqmoq
Shocky, your were in view on TV whenever there was an out of bounds play under the basket. Good look at your enthusiasm throughout the game.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]a better look at Juhan HD's battle vs. #1 Sierra Canyon.

game went down to the wire, but Juhwan didn't get the clear charge call when Cody Riley bull rushed two Heritage Christian players on the way to the basket. That meant that Juhwan wasn't on the court in the last minute of the game when down only 1 point.[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;G3veQqgzDsU][/video]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Ivan with another double-double on an array of shots, including mid-range, post moves, off the pick and roll (we need to do this more as he has elite skills from this type of play) and dunks. He also owned the boards, leading to a 9 rebound differential[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Olivier has unlimited potential. But needs to get stronger.

Sounds like incoming Cal freshmen Okoroh. He could not move quickly enough to stay with elite D1 basketball players. Now, after working with NICODEMUS CHRISTOPHER, The King is the most feared defender/shot blocker in the Pac12.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Who do you think is the best S&C Coach to get you to your goals?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

BearsObserver
Full game video ...

JHD wears #2 in gold.

https://livestream.com/SierraCanyon/events/7025910/videos/149727275

HoopDreams;842809833 said:

[SIZE=5]a better look at Juhan HD's battle vs. #1 Sierra Canyon.

game went down to the wire, but Juhwan didn't get the clear charge call when Cody Riley bull rushed two Heritage Christian players on the way to the basket. That meant that Juhwan wasn't on the court in the last minute of the game when down only 1 point.[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;G3veQqgzDsU][/video]

BearsObserver
Justice Sueing vs Jemarl Baker as Mater Dei takes on Eastvale Roosevelt in the playoffs

HoopDreams;842808385 said:

[SIZE=5]jeyb3 perfect in league
next up play offs
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
4.0+ gpa true student athlete & future world traveler trevin knell scored 20 points including 4 3 pointers as the woods cross wildcats knocked off the ledge 80-55 the highland rams

the universtiy of california, berklee#:cheer
Shocky1
tuesday nite is gonna be a cif southern open division playoff battle between future teammates jemarl baker & justice sueing jr at 7:00 pm

jemarl lit it up (again) for 31 points as his roosevelt mustangs muscle car'd 81-70 the redondo union sea hawks ....justice scored 18 points as part of the mater dei monarchs balanced attack beeping 80-44 them crossroad roadrunners

olivier, do you wanna be a part of all of this, to make true lifetime friends that share your academic ambition & that also are consumed with pursuing their nba aspirations?:wave

Shocky1;842804511 said:

if you ask them high character true student athletes of cal's go all the way up class (2017) where they live, they gonna point at the berkeley hills & tell you to go all the way up in their fueled up uber helicopter...just ask french montana, nothing can stop them

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

jemarl baker, 3.6 gpa

juhwan harris dyson, 3.0 gpa

trevin knell, 4.0 gpa

justice sueing jr, 3.8 gpa

curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach that wants to date & marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad, gpa unknown

cal family (50 year friendships)#
Shocky1

2018 priority target jules bernard scored 26 points (despite sitting out most of the 2nd half) & competed like his hair (he got good hair) was on fire for 14 boards as the winward wildcats litter boxed 73-42 the tustin tillers, what's a tiller?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including trinidad):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]So who would win a Pac 12 Dunk Contest?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Certainly [COLOR="#000080"]Jabari Bird[/COLOR] would be a finalist[/SIZE]

Shocky1
don't tell nobody but 2018 target walter ellis is also the lead singer for the 1975

the former national football wide receiver prospect scored 19 points including an ice in his veins right baseline basket winning attack finger roll moneyball as his adams eagles taloned 71-69 the riley wildcats somewhere in the freezing azz midwest

is #0 gonna pack up his **** & take his musical things to cali?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including south bend & east st louis)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]So who was the most successful person in the Walton family?

Is it Legendary Bill Walton, 3 time NCAA POY, 2 time NCAA Champion, NBA MVP, 2 time NBA Champion, member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, and current ESPN and Pac12 Game analyst?

nope.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Is it his son Luke Walton, who won two NBA Championships and is the current head coach of the LA Lakers?

nope.

Is it is son Chris who played basketball at San Diego State?

nope.

Is it his son Adam who played basketball at LSU?

nope.

The most successful Walton is Bill's second son

Nate Walton, is a partner in the private-equity firm Ares Management. He orchestrated one of the most successful deals in years which is expected to net a cool $1 billion.

Nate was recruited by big-time basketball programs but opted instead for the Ivy League, played basketball at Princeton.

After a pro career, what is your plan?
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
good post, hoop dreams, we're now the #4 (not #3) ranked school in the world?

who's ahead of us?
Shocky1
cole gentry's teammate mike baum scored a ncca season high 51 points tonite for south dakota state, gotta love them jackrabbits

HoopDreams;842761286 said:

Shocky1;842761306 said:

see the guy on the ground in the foto above?

that's my new friend #10 cole gentry a 5'10" 175 redshirt freshman from st charles, illinois

so during the 1st in bounds play right in front of me & taylor i ask him "cole, have you ever been to chicago?...charlie moore (who is standing right there listening to this ****) is from chicago, if you blink your eyes he's gonna take the ball away from you, your in serious trouble"

cole looks over at me & makes direct eye contact with a smart azz smirk grin

a couple of minutes later there's another in bounds play right in front of us & i ask him "cole, have you ever been to miami?...sammy singer is the strongest point guard in the pac 12 and he's literally gonna overpower you and take the ball away from you, your in serious trouble"

cole looks at taylor & starts shaking his head like what's wrong with this dude

next in bounds play he's looking at my metallic blue double bar high top sneakers with 3 zippers & i tell him "cole, if you went to a real school like cal you'd be able to buy some guiseppe zanotti kicks someday"

taylor is pulling on my arm trying to get me to sit down & tells him "don't listen to my dad, he doesn't know what he's talking about"

cole looks at taylor & nods in agreement...taylor tells me "be nice to him, ok?"

in the 2nd half i ask him "cole, did you get you hair cut this week at pet smart?...think they missed a spot over there"

cole audibly sighs out loud

this conversation goes on all game...yeah cole gentry is my favorite player in the summit league & i'm gonna root for them south dakota state jackrabbits all season

shut up, shocky#:headbang
Shocky1
usc trojans (21-6) lost the assist battle -13 & the game 102-70 to the ucla bruins (24-3) in westwood

markelle fultz & lauri markkanen both scored 26 points as the washington huskies (9-18) followed the fork in the road towards 20 losses 76-68 to the arizona wildcats (25-3)

ike irogbu scored 17 points with 8 boards & a surprising 7 assists & teammate josh hawkenson scored 14 points with 5 boards & a surprising 5 assists at the wasington state cougars (12-15) coppertoned 86-71 the arizona state sun devils (13-15)

colorado buffaloes (16-12 got out rebounded -14 & outhustled 101-73 by the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (24-4)

seton hall pirates (16-10) got looted 92-70 by the villanova wildcats

virginia cavaliers (18-8) got asphalted 65-41 by the north carolina tar heels

princeton tigers (17-6) remained unbeated 10-0 in ivy leagued played as they schooled 66-51 the brown bears

wyoming cowboys (16-12) got broke back mountained 91-87 by the boise state broncos

southeastern louisiana lions (14-14) got circled of life 60-52 by the stephen f austin lumberjacks

louisiana tech bulldogs (20-8) neutered 77-61 the florida international golden panthers

alcorn state braves (14-11) stung 75-67 the alabama state hornets

mike daum scored 51 points as the south dakota state jackrabbits (14-16) lettuced 97-89 the ft wayne mastodons

uc davis aggies (16-11) did not remember 79-72 the cal state fullerton titans

uc irvin anteaters (16-12) ate everything that moved 79-60 of the uc riverside highlanders

cal poly mustangs (8-18) could not stop justice sueing sr as they got pipelined 82-61 by the hawaii rainbows...too bad justice sueing jr isn't a physical as his old man
HoopDreams

#GOLDOUTHAAS
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]only TWO more home games
only TWO more home games for our seniors

make your plans now[/SIZE]

#GOLDOUTHAAS
Shocky1

one of the true highlights of this high school basketball season was the future of cal basketball introducing himself to me, yeah isaac got it all going on

last nite his bro kj's santa mary's knights got orbited out of the arizona state championship playoffs 74-71 by the moon valley rockets, i would've been there but one of our rescue cats minko stinko needed some attention

if will be interesting to see if kj returns to st marys next season, i'm not a big fan of the head coach verbally assaulting the refs for the whole game like bobby "off to the races" hurley & failing to design plays like "reno" to get the ball inside to hymes...on the other hand st marys is a good school academically, the gunning shoot 1st/pass nada guards are seniors now & kj has gotta get in a lot better shape in order to physically impose his will on the game with a bad azz motor

kj is gonna make his collegiate decision after aau ball late this summer, probably about the same time as jordan brown, they want their college decisions doen before their senior seasons of high school so they can focus on championships & not texts from college coaches asking "how ya doing?"...in a perfect world kj's close friend dominic proctor from bishop gorman will be cleared by cal admissions for entry as a 2017 walk on & then the 2 buddies will be able to visit/tour berkeley this summer together during cal's summer bridge

the hymes family is an amazing unit, they adopted/took in other family members recently, that's the kind of people i want to root for on gamedays

kj, when i see isaac & your dad kwame rooting for you & taking his video clips the whole game, you can see their pride in you, they love being part of your gameday experience...and they aren't gonna tell you this but it would hurt them if you wanna go to charlottesville for college, did you know if cost me $800 roundtrip for the flights (phoenix to charlotte to charlottesville, no direct flights) for cal's brutal 1 point loss at virginia & that it took 8 hours of travel the day before & the day after the game?

kj, there are $59 one way tixs on southwest to oakland if you book far in advance & then there's always the games at tempe/tuscon & the la schools not too far away during cal's pac 12 schedule

and let's be real here, successfully recruiting kj is just a pawn in the much bigger picture, the recruitment in 5 years from now of the future of cal basketball, isaac "all grown up" hymes

this **** is getting live:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo

Shocky1;842808165 said:

https://campusinsiders.com/news/kj-hymes-underrated-jewel-2018-class-02-13-2017/

the future of cal basketball#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
Shocky1
coach martin & the staff are actively recruiting 6'4" 200 lbs 2017 top 20 player mj walker from jonesboro high school & the atlanta express aau team in georgia as a starter at the 2 or 3 next season in berkeley

is he a true student athlete with academic ambition?

*****mj is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa & is a member of the national honor society

who does he pattern his game after?

*****"jalyen brown, he is kind of someone in my state that i look up to a lot...i really respect his game because he can do a lot of things to help his team win"

has coach martin watched walker in person?

*****yes, coach martin scouted mj along with jordan brown & olivier starr at last summer's fiba under17 world championship games in zaragoza, spain

who has he already visited?

*****an official visit to florida state & an unofficial visit to georgia tech

why not cal?

*****mj has always liked the idea of going to college in california, both cal & ucla are under consideration for potential future official visits

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including georgia):woohoo
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jabari Bird has averaged 17+ points and 6 rebounds in the last 8 games
He scored 23 points including a career high SEVEN 3s and career tying 9 rebounds in his last game
Yeah, Jabari is getting it all together, and full filing his unlimited potential[/SIZE]

#GOLDOUTHAAS
Shocky1
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/mcdonalds-all-american-guard-m-j-walker-living-a-basketball-dream#undefined.uxfs
[video=youtube;IMkZvu8juA0][/video]

true student athlete#
Shocky1
jabari had zero free throws & 6 turnovers in the loss at palo alto, attacking the basket with a strong handle is a big part of the bird man fulfilling his vast potential
Shocky1
mike williams came over to 4thgencal & me at halftime at stanford friday nite to talk

he told us that as we get to know coach wilcox that "we're really going to like him"...it was a gutty & necessary decision by williams to fire coach dykes & make the head football coaching coaching change in january

i told mike my concerns that the football walk ons are utlizing a disproportionate amount of the study center resources, that walk ons with gpas under 3.3 should not be accepted at cal...williams told us that "sonny loved having a lot of walk ons" & that's likely to change under coach wilcox, he also added that we're spending too many silver bullets with admissions on football walk ons too

virtually everyone i speak to in the cal athletics dept including mike williams is a huge fan of coach martin & what he's trying to accomplish in berkeley & how's he doing it thru academic success & a stable wish list (dykes was well known for his weekly shifting demands)

Shocky1
stephen thompson jr scored 31 points as the oregon state beavers (5-23) pulled off the upset of the season in the pac 12 as the beavs knocked off 68-67 the utah utes (17-10) in corvallis...the utes offensive is basically kyle kuzma (19 points) & david collette (13 points) backing down opposing bigs & bull rushes on the basket, the perfect team for cal to zone d

bi polar san diego state aztecs (16-10) found some loose slots 77-64 in the unlv runnin' rebels
Shocky1
crooked azz shooting is a choice, not a fate

500+ practice shots every day#
Shocky1

what up trevin?...how come you & berklee can walk all over the floor of haas & nobody says **** & i do the same thing & then the pac 12 issues a non financial reprimand to the cal athletic department for failure to control the crowd (basically me)?

tell me your secret, one 4.0 gpa guy to another, ok?...i get it, life is not linear, but this makes no sense at all:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Shocky1;842807624 said:

[video=youtube;01d4SIzCxN4][/video]

this is cal basketball#
brawlinho
Off topic...If anyone here travels a lot and has miles they might be willing to donate the truly neediest of shelters let me know. I am trying to begin a tennis tournament in South America with a grand prize of two trips to the USA to a sister tournament here in Nor Cal, to help a shelter that is in calamitous shape. The story and an idea of the conditions are posted below for anyone who could consider donation. It is an incredible story of a woman who lives deep in the slums and has a pseudo shelter going to help 70 pets. She often spends her own small food budget just to keep these pets fed on a monthly basis.In the mean timei am just trying to raise enough money to keep the gang fed for a year. The tournament is hopefully a more regular form of funding but until I can get it set up, this is the SOS. Check it out. PM me if you can help with miles...

Full story is
https://www.youcaring.com/niteroianimalshelter-759676
Thanks
#weareallmutts
#adoptdon'tshop
#whoadoptedwho

[video=youtube;Voc3M04WxH4][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal is playing #6 Oregon ducks at HAAS in Berkeley, California
Game is WEDNESDAY, FEB 22, 5:45 PM PT.

That's right [COLOR="#000080"][COLOR="#000080"]5:45 PM[/COLOR][/COLOR]. I've changed the official start time because that's when butts need to be in the seats.

but don't take it from me. This is what Ivan had to say about the Cal fans after the sellout and win vs Stanford in Haas

[COLOR="#000080"]"we loved it tonightthere was a lot of energy, even in warmups. It felt great right away. So our energy level was great, even when we were warming up. We can get used to that"[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

#GOLDOUTHAAS
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.