cal's monster class deux

1,376,576 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[video=youtube;KEvQGD_j_YQ][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Kam has fought through injuries that have limited him for years.

but you can see his potential as a low block scorer with his strong body and lethal baby hook.

he's also rebounding better and improved his hands.

and what makes it all possible is his gain in strength and conditioning.

The Cal coaching staff is doing an incredible job with Kam in every aspect of his development.

...and no one works harder than Kam[/SIZE]

Shocky1

bizarro land: jemarl baker didn't get his 1st bucket tonite until the begining of the 4th quarter when he drained a 3 pointer as his roosevelt mustangs muscle car showed 57-54 them arch rival centennial huskies

jemarl gotta signficantly improve his d, gotta still be a difference maker on nites the ball won't go in the basket

d wins championships#
Shocky1
seton hall pirates (19-10) pillaged 62-59 the georgetown hoyas

wyoming cowboys (17-13) got painfully broke back mountained 78-76 by the colorado state rams
Shocky1
cal's monster class ongoing education series: as part of my responsiblities (in addition to insane ******* energy on gamedays & the minimization of the cal basketball program's carbon footprint on planet earth) as the director of player development & integration/assimiliation into berkeley it's very important that all student athletes of cal's go all the way up class (2017) watch this video re: the hot crazy matrix & send any follow up questions to me for clarification, got it?

particularly you, juhwan

girls#:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy
Shocky1

wheels ups, salt lake city#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]The 12-1 and #18 ranked Cal Bears home opener[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Lucida Console]"I remember when I was in their shoes, a young bull at the boys and girls club..Always give back; the smiles on these kids' faces were priceless!"[/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
i dunno if miss south carolina is smarter than miss utah but neither one of them is gonna be accepted into cal, stanford or an ivy league school in this lifetime...my guess is that nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton got a higher gpa than both of them combined

on the other hand both of them got good hair & straight teeth

[video=youtube;lj3iNxZ8Dww][/video]
Shocky1
ok, gonna give my boy jemarl a pass for last nite's 1 for 10 shooting, he got the flu:bigpuke::bigpuke::bigpuke:

Shocky1;842813252 said:

bizarro land: jemarl baker didn't get his 1st bucket tonite until the begining of the 4th quarter when he drained a 3 pointer as his roosevelt mustangs muscle car showed 57-54 them arch rival centennial huskies

jemarl gotta signficantly improve his d, gotta still be a difference maker on nites the ball won't go in the basket

d wins championships#
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842813323 said:

Shocky1;842813271 said:

(in addition to insane ******* energy on gamedays & the minimization of the cal basketball program's carbon footprint on planet earth)

Shocky:

If you are into minimization of the carbon footprint, why on earth do you fly back and forth from AZ all the time? Flying is one of the most carbon intensive activities known to man. If you actually cared about Cal basketball, you'd have long ago moved back to the Bay Area and left that sorry-ass racist state (that wastes water on desert golf courses).

ursa, one of my global carbon footprint initiatives is to never wear socks or underwear, clothes are for losers

UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842813449 said:

UrsaMajor;842813323 said:

ursa, one of my global carbon footprint initiatives is to never wear socks or underwear, clothes are for losers

Glad I don't sit next to you at Haas. Phewww!
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=6][FONT=Impact]March![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
utah utes update: starting freshman guard devon daniels (10.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg & 2.7 apg) did not make the trip last week to colorado & is currently suspended by special k for "conduct detrimental to the team"...he is attending but not participating in practices, his status for tomorrow nite's game is unknown
philbert
Details please:

Evan Daniels‏
@EvanDaniels

Aussie forward Grant Anticevich just verbally committed to California, per sources. Had visited Georgia Tech & Davidson as well.
Shocky1
welcome 6'8" 210 lbs grant anticevich from the newington college in new south wales australia:cheer

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7634288/grant-anticevich

grant officially visited georgia tech & davidson along with a secret (non authorized personnel not told ****) stop in berkeley as part of his family's whirlwind tour of the united states

anticevich's commitment is part of my accelerated international recruiting which is quietly whispered in the shadowy hallways of haas pavilion as the midnite hotel de paris plan, some of my plan is so complicated that even coach martin don't understand it unless i speak real slow & then he just nods

yeah grant can't wait to arrive in cali this summer & check out them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs, what a time to be alive:cheer:cheer:cheer

shocky is down under#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including sydney):tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

Shocky1;842811808 said:

another cal's monster class exclusive recruiting update: this past week's offical visit with mr australia & his family went very well & he got a very short list, my cute cousin sidney (who lives in san francisco) loves our international guys roger & the king

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new south wales)
Shocky1
what up, grant?...it's almost 3:00 pm in sydney, are you putting up 500+ practice shots today?

thank you for wearing the below kanagaroo mask during your time in berkeley, it was very important to keep your identity a secret as part of chronicle 17, subsection 9d of the midnite hotel de paris plan

it's not well known here in the states but aussie basketball prospects are rated under a different rating system down under, it's not stars but rather kangaroos & it's very exciting that cal's 1st ever 5 kangaroos prospect will be playing for the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

Shocky1;842811814 said:

what up mr australia?...as the director of international recruiting for the cal basketball program, there's a prospect in brazil that i'm more interested in than you, she's a latina curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach...she can do headstands with 10 ab crunching leg bends like me even after a white russian at nopa, all she needs is some green grass near the palace

sorry:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

Shocky1

grant, thank you for your trust in me (and to a lesser extent coach martin & the coaching staff) with your commitment to the california golden bears, you are not a dumb azz...you've received an excellent preparatory education at newington college in stanmore (an inner western subrub of sydney) which is a boys school that is open to all faiths & denominations

high school gpas in australia are a bit different with your 7 point max system but your current gpa in american terms roughly translates to 3.75

with your stated interest in studying cognitive psychology in berkeley i'm looking forward to future conversations with you re: crazy people & **** like that...my working theory is that crazy azz creatures like me & rescue mutt dogs/cats of mixed breeding are the happiest souls on planet earth because we just don't know any better, that we create our own reality, our lives are whatever we want them to be, what's your take on that grant?

crazy is the new fuschia#ork:

Shocky1;842675152 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price ($75,000,000 4 year contract with the portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield (nba development league with the utah jazz)
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews*-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-2.9 gpa@wheeler ($21,404,269 4 year contract with the boston celtics)
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)
charlie moore-3.86 gpa@morgan park
jemarl baker-3.2 gpa@roosevelt
marcus lee-3.5 gpa@kentucky
juhwan harris dyson-3.0 gpa@heritage christian
derek king-3.7 gpa@foothill
koko kurdoghlian-3.6 gpa@la canada
trevin knell-4.0 gpa@wood cross
justice sueing jr-3.8 gpa@mater dei
grant anticevich-3.75 gpa@newington college

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one+ remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like oregon or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after basketball is done with you & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...don't be a dumb azz

curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new south wales)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]nice hat[/SIZE]

Shocky1
jordan brown scored a devestating 30 points with 10 boards in leading his woodcreek timberwolves to a 67-59 fatal ledge bumping of the st mary rams setting up a saturday nite epic battle with sheldon for the sacramento-joaquin d1 open championship

as a potential future #1 selection in the nba draft, jordan's interest in them local california golden bears would be significantly solidified if we can sign a nba level prospect at the 5 like olivier sarr (who could also slide to the 4) from toulouse which would allow brown to dominate at the 4 while sometimes sliding to the 3 or 5 depending upon gameday match ups

midnight hotel de paris plan (monaco insiders only)#:cool:

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Welcome Grant Anticevich![/SIZE]

BearsObserver
Jordan Brown ...
Shocky1

grant, remind me when you get to berkeley for summer bridge to introduce you to kiwi (auckland's finest) penina davidson (who looks like some of my relatives) on the cal women's basketball team, ok?...maybe you 2 could go on a date to top golf or something...better idea, you 2 could shoot 1000+ free throws together at the gold gym, got it?...yeah, real romantic

Shocky1;842524691 said:

for those bringing their clubs to oz this winter (reverse seasons):

1. royal melbourne (west)-dr alister mackenzie's sandbelt gem, top 2-3 course in the world

2. lost farms (tasmania)-coore & crenshaw modern classic

3. kingston heath-beautifully routed on a small parcel of land

4. barnbougle dunes (tasmania)-tom doak masterpiece with wildly contoured green sites

5. new south wales-only course near sydney worth playing (royal sydney will be renovated by gil hanse)

6. ellerston-kerry packard's private residence (richest man in australia), only 400 rounds a year & one set of tees at 7300 yards (set up at 7100 yards playing firm & fast the day i visited, greg norman design)

7. royal melbourne (east)-recently renovated by tom doak

8. st andrews beach-mornington peninsula gem, best public course in oz

9. royal adelaide-has lost much of its sandy features but still worth playing

10.victoria-best starting hole in australia

all of these courses are walkable designs, australians are fit people, golf carts are for lazy fat azz americans that drive mini vans to dunkin' donuts (talking about you, sean miller)
bearmanpg
Jordan Brown's Woodcreek Timberwolves beat St. Marys of Stockton 69-57 tonight in the Sac-Joaquin Section Semi-finals at UOP....Jordan dominated the action after having to sit for half the second quarter due to foul trouble...he consistently scored at will even though St. Marys was double and triple teaming him....his offensive game is better than Rabb's was at the same stage in high school...his rebounding is as good as Ivan's and his defense is equal as well...he is the best big man I've ever seen on offense and I've been around high school basketball for 50 years...he is better than Bill Cartwright was in high school...no one else is even on the same page....I will see him again Saturday night and will report back...
Shocky1
thx bearman, love your commitment to the cal basketball program by roadtripping from the valley to uop to check out the program's #1 target on the big board regardless of class...looking forward to your saturday game report vs sheldon

richard midgley has told me many of your comparison assessments but thinks ivan with his motor was a better defender as a high school junior
Shocky1
bearman, is jordan playing with a stronger motor than we both saw in person at his 1st game this season at the tip off classic at newark memorial in november?

Shocky1;842800380 said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6141[/ATTACH]

just like i watch virtually every second of cal basketball in person, larry legend is nor cal's guru on high school basketball, he watches more games in person than anybody as he relentlessly logs the miles

so i asked larry for his thoughts on jordan brown vs ivan rabb

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my take on the 2.

Brown faces up and plays from 15-18 feet out much better.
Brown handles the ball and runs the court better.
Brown shoots it better. Better stroke.
Brown can play the 3 and 4.
Brown scores a lot easier than Rabb did. Much more fluid offensively. Brown is very good off the 2nd and 3rd miss. He is excellent at tipping the ball to himself.

Rabb definitely more back to basket player so in the post he's stronger.
Rabb uses both hands very well. He is almost equally as strong going left and right.
(pretty unique skill set)
Rabb is more aggressive. But I think that is a knock on both kids because both can play soft at times.

Both of them aren't elite shot blockers but Brown is probably better than Rabb. Rabb frame isn't that strong so its going to be tough for him to establish position in the NBA at 215-220. Needs to bulk.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my take is that ivan's mono battle this summer set him back a bit from a s&c standpoint but that's he rounding into form now...having watched both play in high school as juniors, i think ivan was a better defensive player (much more aggressive on the boards, stronger motor) & that jordan is a better offensive player (demands the ball in half court sets & effortlessly runs in transition) at the same point in their developments

yeah both of them are diamonds

buy conflict free diamonds#
Shocky1
markelle fultz has shut it down & dnp as the wasington huskies (9-20) did not compete 98-66 vs the ucla bruins (27-3) despite tj lead leaving the floor with a twisted left ankle

jordan mclaughlin scored 16 points with 10 assists & 9 boards as the usc trojans (22-8) milf tinder dated 87-64 the washington state cougars (13-16) in front of 947 disinterested fans as the galen center, yeah it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

bi polar san diego state aztecs (17-12) play bad azz d 51-38 against the grounded air force falcons

uc irvine anteaters (18-13) kept their ncca tournament hopes alive with a 68-56 snacking of the uc riverside highlanders
HoopDreams
Shocky1

the utah utes are 18-10 & like cal are battling for the #4 seeding in the pac 12 tournament & a selection spot in the 2017 ncca tournament

the utes are led by bad azz bigs 6'9" 221 lbs kyle kuzma (16.2 & 10 rpg) & 6'8" 220 lbs david collette (14.3 ppg & 5.1 rpg) with guard support from senior 6'4" 189 lbs lorenzo bonham (12.3 ppg & a team high 2.9 apg but only 33.8% on 3 pointers) & 6'5" 190 lbs devon daniels (10.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg & 2.7 apg) who is currently suspended & his status is unknown for tonite's game

the #1 key for a victory tonite in freezing azz salt lake city will be for the bears to play a packed down low zone d (to keep ivan out of foul trouble) with the guards & wings digging out steals off the dribble when kuzma & collette back down their bigs & make their bull rushes at the basket...it's really that simple, the bears bigs cannot be left alone on an island against kuzma & collette, tonite is all about winning a ******* basketball game (not stubbornly enforcing a program philosophy/preference for man on man d)

special k's offense is all about his 2 bigs probing & bumping their way to point range shots around the basket which is why utah is #2 in the pac 12 in field goal percentages with 50.8%, they are not an elite perimeter shooting team

offensively the bears will have a signficant height advantage inside with young ivee, kam & the king...the post to post passing game behind the shorter defenders will be available all game long...if the bears can target kuzma and/or collette for foul trouble, the utes are in trouble

let's do this#
Shocky1

turns out miss utah ended up marrying some dumb azz football player, she is continuing to strive to create education so we can solve this problem, makes sense to me

don't be a dumb azz#ork:
Shocky1
anyways they seem like a good fit, plus he kinda looks like a mixing of adam duritz & nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton

Shocky1
but no worries, i'm really looking forward to being at today's nite game at byu
Shocky1
i think it's really thoughtful that coach martin has printed out driving directions to the byu campus along with a personal handwritten note to ensure that i "don't get lost getting to the game tonite or something"
bearmanpg
Shocky, from what I see, Jordan is just a kinda laid back LOOKING player...if you watch real close, he has an economy of movement...he actually is playing harder than it first appears, but last night he was going hard until he got the 3rd foul, then he backed it off a touch where he wouldn't get the 4th so early that he would be benched...showed awareness of the situation he was in...I don't really think there is a problem with how hard he plays....BTW, he finished with 30pts and 10 boards...St. Marys has a sophomore that should be looked at..Bryce Johnson, 6'6", 190lbs, no fear or deer in the headlights looks from this kid...going to get better with age and I think he may grow a bit more too from looking at his feet....
Shocky1
appreciate the gameday report, bearman, i kinda thought jordan glided thru the tip off classic in november, he didn't compete for any 50/50 loose balls or dive to the ground then...agreed he is remarkably very fluid & that might distort one's perception of his energy level on the court...love the amped up fist pumps from last nite's video clips, he's clearly imposing his will in the california state high school championship tournament

emotion is a good thing (lose the stoic thing, young ivee, play with an open heart)#
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.