cal's monster class deux

oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why would the Utah game be at BYU???
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker;842813718 said:

Why would the Utah game be at BYU???


i dunno i'm just following the driving directions coach martin got me

some people think that just because he always glares at me that he don't like me but i don't think that's the case, he's just angry because he don't got good hair
LOUMFSG2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting topic re: Brown. My seatmates and I used to have a similar debate about Sean Lampley back in the day. He never seemed to play that hard, but I always thought he had that same economy of movement and fluidity that made him appear to be working less hard than he really was.
6956bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842813645 said:



the utah utes are 18-10 & like cal are battling for the #4 seeding in the pac 12 tournament & a selection spot in the 2017 ncca tournament

the utes are led by bad azz bigs 6'9" 221 lbs kyle kuzma (16.2 & 10 rpg) & 6'8" 220 lbs david collette (14.3 ppg & 5.1 rpg) with guard support from senior 6'4" 189 lbs lorenzo bonham (12.3 ppg & a team high 2.9 apg but only 33.8% on 3 pointers) & 6'5" 190 lbs devon daniels (10.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg & 2.7 apg) who is currently suspended & his status is unknown for tonite's game

the #1 key for a victory tonite in freezing azz salt lake city will be for the bears to play a packed down low zone d (to keep ivan out of foul trouble) with the guards & wings digging out steals off the dribble when kuzma & collette back down their bigs & make their bull rushes at the basket...it's really that simple, the bears bigs cannot be left alone on an island against kuzma & collette, tonite is all about winning a ******* basketball game (not stubbornly enforcing a program philosophy/preference for man on man d)

special k's offense is all about his 2 bigs probing & bumping their way to point range shots around the basket which is why utah is #2 in the pac 12 in field goal percentages with 50.8%, they are not an elite perimeter shooting team

offensively the bears will have a signficant height advantage inside with young ivee, kam & the king...the post to post passing game behind the shorter defenders will be available all game long...if the bears can target kuzma and/or collette for foul trouble, the utes are in trouble

let's do this#


Shocky - I agree 100%. And not just because I don't want you to call me a Dumb Azz. Cuonzo needs to do what is necessary to win this game. I prefer man defense as a rule, but this game screams zone. At least some of the time. Kuzma is a tough matchup for Rabb. He can play away and floor the ball. He is not a great 3 pt shooter, but has games where they go down. I worry about Ivan getting isolated and Kuzma driving the ball and getting fouled. Ivan simply has to play major minutes. His threat to score draws double teams and leaves somebody open. He can do work on the offensive glass and score on lobs if Moore can penetrate smartly. He tried to pass out of the Utah zone in Berkeley and gave away some bad turnovers.

Bird is a big key. He has been a reluctant shooter often in the first half of games. He cannot be afraid tonight. Not quick shots, but after a couple of looks inside he cannot be afraid if open. Cal has let the shot clock whittle down too often. Mullins, Moore and Bird can make open shots. They cannot wait until the clock is at 3 to take the shot. Turnovers are a big problem at times for the Bears. That must be controlled tonight. Live ball turnovers in particular. They turn into dunks and layups. Defensive rebounding another key. Utah is good offensive rebounding team. That must be contained. Free throw shooting is a big problem for Cal. They are poor FT shooting team. Primarily because the big players shoot most of the FTs. Rabb needs to make his tonight. Bird shoots so few FTs it is alarming. Unbelievable that a player with his athletic ability goes games without shooting a FT.

Utah generally enjoys a very good home court advantage. This year they are not as good. But they will be revved up tonight. Cal cannot let the game get away early. The calls likely will go the home teams way. Cal has to be smart. They can be stubborn and get all their bigs in foul trouble or they can play some zone and protect Rabb. Rooks should be able to do a little work against Collette. The altitude is a factor. Rooks and Okoroh need to be rotated to keep as fresh as possible. Guard depth is critical. Coleman not a great player vs a zone which Utah will play a lot of. So if he plays he must play under control.

Turnovers, Fouls, Rebounds and 3pt shooting will be the big keys IMO. Limit the turnovers and fouls and the rebounding should follow. 3pt shooting is a game to game ordeal for Cal. Needs to go well tonight.

Come on Bears this can be done. Play hard and smart. Must win? Maybe. Lets win and clinch the 4th seed.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
salt lake city is NOT a tropical paradise & trevin knell apparnetly forgot to leave me a loaner warm azz parka & fuzzy gloves at the airport, part of my commitment to reducing the cal basketball program's carbon footprint on planet earth is not to buy one off clothing...why would anyone intentionally live in cold azz weather unless you owned an igloo factory?




let's go somewhere warm#:cool:
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6956, agreed that the bird man gotta come up big tonite, utah don't got anybody who can athletically stop him when jabari relentlessly attacks the basket for point blank pull ups & fouling/free throw opportunities
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842813835 said:

6956, agreed that the bird man gotta come up big tonite, utah don't got anybody who can athletically stop him when jabari relentlessly attacks the basket for point blank pull ups & fouling/free throw opportunities


I heard Roger has not scored a basket in pac 12 play. Tonights the night !
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=7]THIRTY FOUR points[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]THIRTEEN rebounds
FOUR blocks[/SIZE]

stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842813862 said:

Cal beats USC in Vegas


I think that was in Seattle but either way I'm loving it.
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]Bears going to take it out on Colorado[/SIZE]

Chapman_is_Gone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842814012 said:

[SIZE=5]Bears going to take it out on Colorado[/SIZE]




That's it--after an awful loss, just spout meaningless propaganda.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?



sitting behind the cal bench next to dr danger & wifeisafraud i saw a team tonite that lacks confidence in their own abilities

at this level guys gotta believe in their abilities to make plays & impose their wills upon the game...our bears didn't compete tonite with bad azz alpha male leadership, our guys don't play scared but they don't always full believe in their abilities which results in split second indecsiveness on the court that is absolutely ******* fatal...and that's why this team doesn't play as well further afar from the supportive fan base home court advantage of haas

but i believe in all of these guys, in fact i probably believe more in their abilities than many of them do & that's a problem...this lack of confidence is currently a limiting factor to the upward trajectory of this season's california golden bears

this team will not beat many winning record teams living off 3 pointers (an abysmal 2 of 18), we gotta attack the basket with a stronger mindset & then finish on those opportunities, that didn't happen tonite...the utes fearlessly took the ball to the bucket which resulted in them knocking down 27 of their 54 field goals (many of them lay ups)

my entire life i've never been afraid of anybody or any situations, i've always been confident that i'm gonna prevail and i think coach martin is of the same background too but our guys this season don't seem to consistently have that innate inner confidence in themselves and yeah that's a shame

cal's go all the way up class (2017) includes several guys that got a little swagger, we need more of that in berkeley & recruiting is the solution

right now we need jabari to physically attack the basket & ivan to demand the ball, when that happens the offense can get in a productive rhythm

love all of these guys, that's never gonna ******* change (i'm not some candy azz soft bandwagon tv fan that talks **** about our remarkable high character young men), i'll be there in person for the battle in boulder on saturday afternoon, we're in this together

ibeliveinyou#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chapman_is_Gone;842814029 said:

That's it--after an awful loss, just spout meaningless propaganda.


chapman, your an unhappy whining bitch azz male stripper that has probably never successfully competed for anything in your life, why don't you do your part & get season tix(s) for cal basketball next season in order to generate gameday energy & revenues for the program?

or is that somebody's else's job?

do you walk the walk, what's your personal commitment to the cal basketball program?
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842813835 said:

6956, agreed that the bird man gotta come up big tonite, utah don't got anybody who can athletically stop him when jabari relentlessly attacks the basket for point blank pull ups & fouling/free throw opportunities


that didn't happen tonite, the bird man did not play with a nba motor & a fearless attacking style of play

senior leadership#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?


trevin knell's fabulous high school career ended this afternoon in the utah state quarterfinals in ogden as his woods cross wildcats got extincted 51-50 on a inprobable last second banked 3 pointer from the left perimeter by sprinville's bennett hullinger

trevin scored a game high 28 points & also competed for 8 boards, his ascension this season as one of the nation's top perimeter shooters is a testament to his work ethic of putting up 500+ shots every single day (no days off) which has resulted in his confident style of play, he's put in the necessary work & now he knows the shot is going down...you earn confidence in life thru hard work & preparation, you outwork the competition

knell will be finding out very soon his church mission destination & then the next part of his life's journey will begin somewhere in the world

and yeah he's hopefully gonna finish his academic high school career with a 4.0+ gpa, competing is something that is very natural for trevin knell

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including utah)
blue bloc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tough game
Chapman_is_Gone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842814032 said:

chapman, your an unhappy whining bitch azz male stripper that has probably never successfully competed for anything in your life, why don't you do your part & get season tix(s) for cal basketball next season in order to generate gameday energy & revenues for the program?

or is that somebody's else's job?

do you walk the walk, what's your personal commitment to the cal basketball program?


I'll tell you what, at the next game why don't you shuffle your old, balding, slovenly self over to my donor seats and repeat those words to my face?
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chapman_is_Gone;842814039 said:

I'll tell you what, at the next game why don't you shuffle your old, balding, slovenly self over to my donor seats and repeat those words to my face?


sure, where do you sit?...send me a private message with the seat #s or come talk to me on the floor, i'm not hard to find on gamedays

or are your seats on imagination island?
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
colorado buffaloes (17-13) turned the ball over only 6 times & knocked down 11 of 23 3 pointers in stampeding 91-72 the stanford cardinals (14-15)...former cal recruit & top 100 player sophmore cameron walker is a bust with 2 points in 7 minutes, he doesn't fearlessly compete with a physical motor

alcorn state braves (16-12) got stripe painted 94-88 in overtime to the texas southern tigers

southeastern louisiana lions (16-15) court martialed 63-58 the new orleans privateers

cal poly mustangs (11-18) hearst castled 76-70 cal state earthquake

uc davis aggies (19-11) exploited 68-59 the absence of justice sueing sr in pipelining the hawaii rainbows, he will relentlessly dunk on you & **** you up until you wave the white flag
89Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With all due respect, Shocky...
Biggest game of the year:
-lost by 30
-scored 44 TOTAL points
-shot 20%
-3 total assists
-minus 9 rebounding
-Utah shoots 50%

This is about a lot more than confidence!!!
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]Love Grant's game.
He defines "let the game come to you"
Lights out 3 point shooter, can get to the basket and score, and reliable ball handler and distributor.

Can we sign another Grant? Oh wait ...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
89Bear;842814055 said:

With all due respect, Shocky...
Biggest game of the year:
-lost by 30
-scored 44 TOTAL points
-shot 20%
-3 total assists
-minus 9 rebounding
-Utah shoots 50%

This is about a lot more than confidence!!!


how many cal basketball games have you attended this season & do you donate to the program?

89, in life your either part of the problem or part of the solution, which one are you?
SRBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
89Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842814211 said:

how many cal basketball games have you attended this season & do you donate to the program?

89, in life your either part of the problem or part of the solution, which one are you?


I love your routine Shocky!! Keep it up...
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be at the NIT. Who's going and not sitting at home and watching on tv?
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker;842814309 said:

I will be at the NIT. Who's going and not sitting at home and watching on tv?


young ivee & i are planning on being at the ncca tournament

spineless tv fans (not you oskidunker)#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncca tournament bound princeton tigers (20-6) honor rolled 73-69 the harvard crimson tide
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]keep on grinding[/SIZE]

BearBackerinLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Div 1 Final preview ...
http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/3/03/17/section-showdown-woodcreek-sheldon-meet-d1-title-game-saturday

Shocky1;842813584 said:

jordan brown scored a devestating 30 points with 10 boards in leading his woodcreek timberwolves to a 67-59 fatal ledge bumping of the st mary rams setting up a saturday nite epic battle with sheldon for the sacramento-joaquin d1 open championship

as a potential future #1 selection in the nba draft, jordan's interest in them local california golden bears would be significantly solidified if we can sign a nba level prospect at the 5 like olivier sarr (who could also slide to the 4) from toulouse which would allow brown to dominate at the 4 while sometimes sliding to the 3 or 5 depending upon gameday match ups



midnight hotel de paris plan (monaco insiders only)#:cool:



Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"a birds trust is not in the branch not breaking but in its wings...believe in yourself"

-olivier sarr, noted french philosopher aka jean paul sartre




the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for those with passports, flat stomachs & yoga/meditation practices):tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

nobody ever said this was gonna be easy (candy azz soft bitches need not apply)#
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]Not everyone can be King[/SIZE]
...and where is waldo?



HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?


concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842814031 said:




sitting behind the cal bench next to dr danger & wifeisafraud i saw a team tonite that lacks confidence in their own abilities

at this level guys gotta believe in their abilities to make plays & impose their wills upon the game...our bears didn't compete tonite with bad azz alpha male leadership, our guys don't play scared but they don't always full believe in their abilities which results in split second indecsiveness on the court that is absolutely ******* fatal...and that's why this team doesn't play as well further afar from the supportive fan base home court advantage of haas

but i believe in all of these guys, in fact i probably believe more in their abilities than many of them do & that's a problem...this lack of confidence is currently a limiting factor to the upward trajectory of this season's california golden bears

this team will not beat many winning record teams living off 3 pointers (an abysmal 2 of 18), we gotta attack the basket with a stronger mindset & then finish on those opportunities, that didn't happen tonite...the utes fearlessly took the ball to the bucket which resulted in them knocking down 27 of their 54 field goals (many of them lay ups)

my entire life i've never been afraid of anybody or any situations, i've always been confident that i'm gonna prevail and i think coach martin is of the same background too but our guys this season don't seem to consistently have that innate inner confidence in themselves and yeah that's a shame

cal's go all the way up class (2017) includes several guys that got a little swagger, we need more of that in berkeley & recruiting is the solution

right now we need jabari to physically attack the basket & ivan to demand the ball, when that happens the offense can get in a productive rhythm

love all of these guys, that's never gonna ******* change (i'm not some candy azz soft bandwagon tv fan that talks **** about our remarkable high character young men), i'll be there in person for the battle in boulder on saturday afternoon, we're in this together

ibeliveinyou#


Come on, man.
These guys have more important things going on. Can't you give them a break?
They gonna graduate in a couple months and be looking for work.
They be resume writing, trying to pick out the highest quality paper, letterhead, and envelopes.
Seriously, this whole athletic scholarship was always just a means to an end, and the end is near.




[SIZE=5]
CONGRATULATIONS, MEN!
IT'S BEEN AN AWESOME TIME ROOTING FOR YOU!!![/SIZE]
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker;842814309 said:

I will be at the NIT. Who's going and not sitting at home and watching on tv?


I always say, the NIT is a better deal for us.
More home games, longer life!
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Page 97 of 186
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.