cal's monster class deux

1,375,940 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
alcorn state braves (17-13) exorcised 63-60 the mississippi valley state delta devils

south dakota state jackrabbits (18-16) lettuced 79-77 the omaha mavericks
Shocky1
2 keys for this afternoon's 2:30 pm tip off at the t-mobile arena:

1). pound the basket inside with the bigs & rim attacks by jabari, charlie, dontae & sammy, shoot 25+ free throws, trying to survive with 3 pointers is a fool's errand...impose our will

2) play the entire roster, nobody plays more than 20-25 minutes, fresh legs on the court at all times

life is not linear (4 games in 4 days)#:axe:axe:axe:axe

Shocky1;842811713 said:

the oregon state beavers (5-24) have been banged up this season with injuries as the beavs best player 6'8" 220 lbs tres tinkle (20.2 ppg & 8.3 rpg) has been sidelined with a broken left wrist but are playing much better lately including a 68-67 buzzer beating victorious home upset of the utah utes

oregon state is led by sharpshooter 6'4" 175 lbs stephen thompson jr (16.4 ppg with an out of character 34.0% on 3 pointers & a team high 3.2 apg), 6'10" 250 lbs drew eubanks (14.9 ppg & 8.4 rpg) & 6'4" 185 lbs jaquori mclaughlin (11.0 ppg)

this is gonna be a battle of the 2 worst passing teams in the league, cal is 11th with 12.8 apg & oregon state is 12th in the pac 12 with 11.9 apg...the #1 key offensively for a bears victory will be to relentlessly impose our will & feed young ivee, kam & the king in the paint...rooks played his best low post game of the season vs oregon with 10 points on 4 of 4 field goals, we gotta build on that...if the bears can target eubanks & get him in foul trouble, the beavs are gonna be ******

the bears also gotta push tempo & transition buckets like they did in in corvallis, outlet passes gotta be crisper & more decisive

defensively the staff gotta learn from our schematic mistakes in palo alto & not leave whoever is guarding drew eubanks alone on an island without support...when eubanks (whose got a little reid travis to his game) makes his bull rushes at the basket, defensive help needs to arrive with the other big standing upright with their hands straight up & the guards/wings digging out his dribbles for thefts...and stephen thompson needs to be accounted for everywhere on the court with lockdown d, he's a different player when there's a hand in his face, thompson cannot operate at a high level without room to breathe

yeah the bears gotta compete for 40 minutes like their hairs are on ******* fire

let's do this#
Shocky1
md, i would also point out that henry has never attended a public school, cal was never a serious potential destination on his part, not a good fit culturally

sounds like caruso wasn't accepted into any of stanford's grad programs

agreed he's a true student athlete & wish him good luck as a bronco, cal isn't for everybody

mdbear;842816175 said:

I am disappointed because I know Henry and think he would have been a great addition to Cal next year. However, as I pointed out in a previous post, the Caruso family has very close ties to Santa Clara. Henry's parents and uncle went there, and one of his sisters is currently enrolled there. Aside from that, it is the closest school geographically to his grandparents, with whom he is extremely close, and who love to watch him play. I think Henry will be a success regardless of where he attends graduate school and wish him all the best at Santa Clara.
BeggarEd
Shocky1;842816171 said:

my favorite story re: misinformed racist name calling was during my freshmen year in berkeley & i was on a run during finals week trying to burn off some stress

so i'm halfway up strawberry canyon when a car full of fat azz white dudes yell out the window at me "go back to jamaica"

and i remembering smiling & thinking yeah i sure would rather be in jamaica right now, ya mon

Shocky1 smokin dat good stuff when he make up these stories mon!

Shocky1
beggar ed, the cal's monster class it dept wants to know the secrets of your mad skillz

if they don't get their **** together, no gas $ this week

mr spieker not amused#
Shocky1

cal's monster class exclusive announcement: after market branding research of the targeted market segment with the overpriced consulting analyis of beggar ed inc., there is now an official name change to jamaica's monster class

your welcome

we are the black beetles#:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave
BeggarEd
Shocky1;842816251 said:

cal's monster class exclusive announcement: after market branding research of the targeted market segment with the overpriced consulting analyis of beggar ed inc., there is now an official name change to jamaica's monster class

The new branding is already paying dividends...

highROIconsulting#
HoopDreams
Mealpoints
Shockster, did I miss the annual "Vegas Pool Party" repost? 'Tis the season...
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Sixth Man of the Game
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]http://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Eyeing-NBA-but-enjoying-world-10984796.php?t=effb983d9b&cmpid=twitter-premium#photo-12508028[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;R6y5C7LkSSs][/video]
assist from MB

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown in town ...
... on business.[/SIZE]

Shocky1

left to right, charlie "the floor general" moore, stephen "in san francisco" domingo, jabari "nba motor" bird, ivan "raiders nation" rabb, kingsley "get that **** out of here" okoroh & sammy "lockdown d" singer

this team plays its best basketball when it dominates the boards, the ferocious +13 rebounding margin this afternoon was the difference

we needed an unexpected catalyst/contributor to move forward this late in the grueling season & stephen provided that necessary ghiradelli square spark of caffeine with his vital 10 points in only 18 minutes, no whipped cream on top

charlie looked more comfortable out there, love how he never lets his emotions (negative) get revealed on his gameday poker face, he's gonna just keep competing regardless of how the ball bounces

jabari played with a nba motor for 20 points, the seal the deal attacking 3 point play was vintage bird man...he also played with a reliable handle which resulted in 3 assists & only 1 turnover

this game could've been a blowout which would've resulted in more rest for tomorrow's 2:30 battle with utah when sammy made a bench wild azz celebrating layup in transition, i could clearly see from my viewing spot that he was fouled, singer did not dip his shoulder into the happy feet osu defender who was not set...that would've pushed the lead to 10 early in the 2nd half & changed the momentum of the game...instead sam was called for a fake charge with the basket taken away which resulted in a tighter game...but that's reality, the worst call of the season didn't stop our guys from battling thru adversity/rough moments

the tighter game resulted in the bird & young ivee playing 36 minutes & charlie 31 minutes

the bears are gonna need major bench production again tomorrow...it will be a major advantage having already played a game at the fuchsia inspired t-mobile arena...it's a pro style arena with deep backgrounds unlike most college venues & i expect the utes to struggle a bit from the perimeter as they adjust to the new arena

sure hope the cal fans in attendance make more noise tomorrow, the road trip students/band & spirit team did a good job yelling their azzs off along with winning the pizza box race against their oregon state counterparts who tried to cheat by not picking up all the boxes, that **** is not acceptable

Shocky1
funny moment: sitting behind the railing at center court across the floor from the cal bench for the final 5 minutes (sat around 10 rows up most of the game, it's basically open seating), i noticed during a full time out that 3 of the pac 12 tournament correspondents working in the media row in front of me were reading cal's monster class

don't be a dumb azz#
tequila4kapp
Shocky1;842816673 said:

funny moment: sitting behind the railing at center court across the floor from the cal bench for the final 5 minutes (sat around 10 rows up most of the game, it's basically open seating), i noticed during a full time out that 3 of the pac 12 tournament correspondents working in the media row in front of me were reading cal's monster class

don't be a dumb azz#
I love it.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]why do I love college basketball?

one big reason is the high character student-athletes on Cal's team

[COLOR="#000080"]Jabari Bird[/COLOR] is a sterling example[/SIZE]

Shocky1
washington huskies (9-22) finished the season in a burning dumpster 78-73 to the usc trojans (24-8) led by chimezie metu's 24 points & 9 boards...there were 8 trojans at the pac 12 tournament today, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

obinna oleka scored 27 points along with 13 boards as the asu sun devils (15-17) assured 98-88 jerod "c cup man boobs" haase a 1st year losing season for them stanford cardinals (14-17)

derrick white scored 26 points along with 5 assists & 5 boards as the colorado buffaloes (19-13) stampeded the washington state cougars (13-18)

virginia cavaliers (22-9) turned pink into fuchsia 75-63 to the pittsburgh panthers

wyoming cowboys (18-14) got broke back mountained 83-68 by the air force falcons

bi polar san diego state aztecs (18-13) black jacked 62-52 the unlv running rebels

southeastern louisiana lions (16-16) got tamed 77-65 by the lamar cardinals
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842816673 said:

don't be a dumb azz#

I love it, too. So so funny.
Shocky1
let's be real here, the problem with readers of non targeted segments of cal's monster class is that they usually are too sensitive/conservative to absorb this important life changing information, hopefully olivier sarr & jordan brown are receptive to these messages in the same way that ivan rabb & jaylen brown used to read cal's monster class when they were in high school...it's pretty simple, listen to me & you'll get minted in the nba after attending the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world, this is not that complicated

can't save everybody (from their unhappy souls)#:rant
Shocky1

jordan, are you & your timberwolves still celebrating, doing the hang right now?

you got another major battle this friday nite at 7:00 pm against them capital christian cougars, say hello to my boy tolu jacobs yaffa (who is sitting out this season because of cif transfer rules, love this guy he's an ideal fit for berkeley for reasons that extend far beyond basketball on a basketball court with a basketball) & let him know that he's a key targeted priority prospect for cal's started at the bottom class (2018), ok?

asking a lot of you right now (impose your will)#:tree
Shocky1
[video=youtube;vdK3lrhpxtQ][/video]

the birds (scary azz thriller)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;9YvpZ45KyEI][/video]

basketball is fun (smile, this is a game, nobody is solving world poverty)#
Shocky1
what up, spider fly?

despite your 28 points your high school basketball career is over as your heritage christian warriors got bitten 63-57 by the pasadena bulldogs

you are arguably the most physical & effective lockdown defender on the west coast, you impose your will in literally taking the ball away from defenders & then finishing with your patented meet me at the rim banger sandwiches in transition, can't wait to see that **** in berkeley next fall when you compete for a starting/major playing time role with your instate california golden bears

so what needs to happen next?

1). you are the weakest student of cal's go all the way up class (2017) but by all accounts you are articulate & very bright, it's just a matter of you working harder in the classroom with more academic ambition & finishing your school year at the well respected heritage christian with a more mentally mature stronger work ethic

2). putting up 500+ practice shots every single day, no days...your current crooked azz shooting (remember me shooting at the north basket watching you & jemarl shoot around at the south basket at haas prior to an evening cal football game last fall?) is a choice, not a fate just ask jemarl & trevin

3) earplugs to ensure some sleep when your roomie jemarl starts sawing them zzzzzzzzzzs in his sleep when you guys arrive for cal's summer bridge:buttkick:

this got nothing to do with coaches & **** like that, this is all on you spider fly, recognize & act now...just ask jeffrey

recognize (and embrace the necessary work)#:gobears:
89Bear
Shocky1;842816666 said:

left to right, charlie "the floor general" moore, stephen "in san francisco" domingo, jabari "nba motor" bird, ivan "raiders nation" rabb, kingsley "get that **** out of here" okoroh & sammy "lockdown d" singer

this team plays its best basketball when it dominates the boards, the ferocious +13 rebounding margin this afternoon was the difference

we needed an unexpected catalyst/contributor to move forward this late in the grueling season & stephen provided that necessary ghiradelli square spark of caffeine with his vital 10 points in only 18 minutes, no whipped cream on top

charlie looked more comfortable out there, love how he never lets his emotions (negative) get revealed on his gameday poker face, he's gonna just keep competing regardless of how the ball bounces

jabari played with a nba motor for 20 points, the seal the deal attacking 3 point play was vintage bird man...he also played with a reliable handle which resulted in 3 assists & only 1 turnover

this game could've been a blowout which would've resulted in more rest for tomorrow's 2:30 battle with utah when sammy made a bench wild azz celebrating layup in transition, i could clearly see from my viewing spot that he was fouled, singer did not dip his shoulder into the happy feet osu defender who was not set...that would've pushed the lead to 10 early in the 2nd half & changed the momentum of the game...instead sam was called for a fake charge with the basket taken away which resulted in a tighter game...but that's reality, the worst call of the season didn't stop our guys from battling thru adversity/rough moments

the tighter game resulted in the bird & young ivee playing 36 minutes & charlie 31 minutes

the bears are gonna need major bench production again tomorrow...it will be a major advantage having already played a game at the fuchsia inspired t-mobile arena...it's a pro style arena with deep backgrounds unlike most college venues & i expect the utes to struggle a bit from the perimeter as they adjust to the new arena

sure hope the cal fans in attendance make more noise tomorrow, the road trip students/band & spirit team did a good job yelling their azzs off along with winning the pizza box race against their oregon state counterparts who tried to cheat by not picking up all the boxes, that **** is not acceptable

The character Stephen Domingo showed in going all out to deny his man the ball on defense AND the character to step up and be willing to take BIG shots on offense I hope is an inspiration for the team moving forward. Total class shown!!!
HoopDreams
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=6]All in.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Shocky1

walked a brisk 18 this morning with the rooster at shadow creek which is possibly the best totally manufactured golf course in the world...on a dead flat parcel of land in north las vegas tom fazio spent $50 million dollars in building a tightly routed walkable layout with fake north carolina rolling mountains & thousands of trees along with sparkling blue lakes with exotic wild animals freely roaming the property...no vehicles are allowed on the property you gotta be chauffeured by one of their limos from your hotel

vegas isn't my favorite city by a long shot but a morning round at shadow creek is always a beautiful thing

gameday exercise (what's in your flat stomach?)#:tree
brawlinho
We got this..When the going get tough, the mutts get going. Thanks for putting your checkbook where your mouth is.
#weareallmutts
#whoadoptedwho
#adoptdontshop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6284[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6285[/ATTACH]

Utes are getting bit big time today
Shocky1
[video=youtube;iwJrPk6h7tg][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;bQ2Z_2nYuBE][/video]
89Bear
Charlie Moore, banged up and tired!! Went for 21 points with only 1 turnover.
Serious heart and guts!!! That is inspirational!!!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]cash in.[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]King defended the rim, with 3 (credited ... he had more) blocks and dominated the glass with 10 rebounds

Utah Center Collette, should have sat this one out with 'concussion symptoms' when he had the chance[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Not everyone can be KING[/SIZE]

Shocky1

jabari "******* nba motor" bird, charlie "shawshank redemption" moore, sir kingsley "get that **** out of here" okoroh, ivan "bishop o'dowd's finest" rabb & grant "the wolf of wall street" mullins

if jabari's fingernails are an eight of an inch shorter the inbounds pass goes out of bounds & then utah got the ball with a game winning possession...but the bird imposed his will & carried his team on his shoulders to an epic victory in front of an amped up cal fan base...26 points on a highly efficient 7 of 12 field goals & 8 of 9 moneyball free throws but most importantly ZERO turnovers

charlie made his 1st 2 shots & you could visibly see his mojo & confidence attacking the basket come back en route to 21 points on 8 of 14 field goals...so happy for charlie as he is mentally tough far beyond his years on planet earth, life doesn't always deal you a fair hand but you battle on until the wonderful rays of sunshine show up when you least expect it

the king blocked, altered & basically ****** up the utes interior offense with his dominating presence...yeah, it's good to be the king, it's good to be the king, it's good to be the king, it's really good to be the king, it's reallllly gooooood to be the kingggg

ivan knocked down a perfect 6 of 6 free throws with quiet confidence kinda like the mater dei dagger to the heart for a california high school state championship, we needed every one of those points...due to foul trouble young ivee only played 28 minutes, he's gonna be fresh for the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization tomorrow at 6:00 pm at t-mobile arena

everybody in the financial markets know that that the wolf of wall street is money with his shooting but wasn't isn't always fiscally disclosed in the proxy statements is that berkeley's future fully minted venture capitalist is a bad azz defender...he's got the best waving disruptive hand movements in the pac 12, he will slap you silly & mess you up

the california golden bears love among everybody was breathtaking after the game, friends hugging friends, new friends offering up tee times to cascata & strangers high fiving/fist bumping each other...the magic of cal basketball is a real thing, it's something in your veins

pac 12 hall of shame: i got all over special k & his disgraceful/reckless playing of 3 time concussion injured david collette...when a slightly dazed collette unsteadily trotted back to the utah bench in the 2nd half, i yelled in a silent t-mobile arena, "leave him in the game larry, win at all costs, screw the 3 concussions let's play him, your a winner larry" which resulted in him looking over at me behind the cal bench with a death row prisoner death stare...whatever

when taylor & i go to road games she always likes to bet how minutes it will take the people sitting directly in front of us to move to other seats because of my 3000 decibel screaming "let's do this bears, let's do this"

today it took 3 minutes of game time before they moved over 25 seats in the same row, love you sweetie

shut up, shocky

we're the black ******* beetles#:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.