cal's monster class deux

1,379,824 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
south dakota state jackrabbits (9-13) dined on tasty green grass 77-67 on the lawn of some randomly named school called ipwf...what happens when ipwf plays inpui?...would jay john & tom mckim probably just call in sick or something?

alcorn state braves (7-11) stung 78-71 the alabama state hornets

southeastern louisiana lions (12-8) circled of life 83-71 the houston baptist kiza the husky

louisiana tech bulldogs (14-6) bullied 81-57 the north texas mean greens

wyoming cowboys (12-8) got broke back mountained 78-71 by the new mexico lobos

uc davis aggies (11-8) pharmed 76-70 the hawaii rainbows on the islands which is way nicer than the cold azz northwest, why would anybody ever intentionally live somewhere that's freezing unless your an eskimo or own an igloo factory?

cal poly mustangs (5-14) got pismo beached 98-92 by the long beach state 49ers

uc irvine anteaters (13-9) richter scaled 105-73 the cal state northridge earthquakes
socaltownie
shocky - going to disagree about pushing transition. Last night the turn over off it (and the secondary breaks) were driving me to distraction. Against a short bench team like OSU we are FAR better pulling it back out unless an uncontested basket and pounding the rock over and over to Young Ivee. Indeed, the turning point is when we put a 4th foul on their Euro Frosh...by pounding the rock into Ivee on a reset out of the double team.
bearmanpg
And the Sac State Hornets stung the Travis DeCuire led Montana Grizzleys 92-83...sorry Travis...road to Seattle has some BigSky potholes to negotiate...
Shocky1
socaltownie;842798324 said:

shocky - going to disagree about pushing transition. Last night the turn over off it (and the secondary breaks) were driving me to distraction. Against a short bench team like OSU we are FAR better pulling it back out unless an uncontested basket and pounding the rock over and over to Young Ivee. Indeed, the turning point is when we put a 4th foul on their Euro Frosh...by pounding the rock into Ivee on a reset out of the double team.

didn't say cal was successful in transition just that it was a point of emphasis with jabari releasing early & running hard down court, outlet passes after offensive boards are still too slow
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842798325 said:

And the Sac State Hornets stung the Travis DeCuire led Montana Grizzleys 92-83...sorry Travis...road to Seattle has some BigSky potholes to negotiate...

agreed td's path to his native seattle (or pullman) isn't getting resume built this season, he's aggressively recruiting nor cal right now with his longtime prep coaching connections
Shocky1
there were empty chairs in corvallis last nite for brandon chauca & marcus lee (both blueshirting), derek king (still apparently not cleared by the ncca) & nick kerr

will you be at the barricade next sunday nite at 5:30 pm when the elitist stanford cardinals with the full financial backing of daddy's money invade the working class california golden bears?

there's gonna be talk of revolution, i can hear them now

[video=youtube;eqqSa9n2ZQk][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including paris)
socaltownie
Shocky1;842798342 said:

didn't say cal was successful in transition just that it was a point of emphasis with jabari releasing early & running hard down court, outlet passes after offensive boards are still too slow

Just to be clear - I didn't like the point of emphasis. I am HAPPY to keep OSU slow and to pound it in against them.

What _I_ saw which should give kudos to Jabari is how hard he was working in the some of the half court sets (I believe it was off motion/dribble hand offs up top) was running baseline curls off down screens. He is getting shots off of those and finally starting to hit them with great frequency. That is going to pull weakside help out and further open things off for Ivan flashing. Just need to get him the rock when he does that (Charlie/Grant are you listening???)
Shocky1
after more closely viewing the les miz video below who knew that dwight tarwater got his sag card?
Shocky1
trevin knell scored 23 points as the wood cross wildcats survived 80-71 a late comeback by them ogden tigers

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including utah)

4:00+ gpa true student athlete#
HoopDreams

[video=youtube;it80XfaANHo][/video]
HoopDreams
I'm an advocate of fast breaks when they are available. of course it depends on your rebounding strategy, but we rebound well so it makes sense to release a wing when a shot goes up (Jabari or Coleman)

Now that's not saying that we should turn into a run and gun team ... just that it's almost always easier to score on a break (with numbers) than in the half court.

socaltownie;842798324 said:

HoopDreams

Shocky1
happy 17th b-day

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coleman with his signature assaults on the basket, but also shows an impressive array of long range bombs, and pull up Js[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;qATi0zF11js][/video]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;RnzTIbKROm8][/video]

physically & mentally engaged>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no show
Shocky1
[video=youtube;it80XfaANHo][/video]

where's taylor & her open toed kicks? (tv cameras should be reversed)#:headbang
Shocky1

juhwan "the spider fly" harris dyson scored 17 points including 8 in the 4th quarter with a couple of moneyball free throws & a drive/finish plus 1 in clutch time plus tangly lethal energized d in leading his heritage christian warriors to a 75-70 web of death of the winward wildcats

if juhwan puts in the work to improve his crooked azz shooting, he's gonna be special
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Asha Thomas with the career high TWENTY FOUR POINTS (+ 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal and only 1 TO)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]with incoming Kenzie Forbes in the Haas[/SIZE]

bearmanpg
That is Kenzie's twin bro, Mason on the right, he plays for Folsom High who got beat by Jordan Brown's Woodcreek team Friday night....
Shocky1
elijah stewart went off for 29 points on 7 of 13 3 pointers along with 4 boards, 2 assists & no turnover as the usc trojans (17-4) wrapped up the arizona state sun devils (9-11)...asu got zero (0) points from their bench, feel the heat

seton hall pirates (13-6) looted 86-73 the st john's red storm
Shocky1
2017 cal target true 4 prospect grant shepard scored 12 points & 5 boards as the monteverde academy eagles ruffled the feathers 74-73 of the tampa prep terrapins

grant is planning to schedule an official visit to berkeley after his season is concluded, florida to cali, just ask sammy

Shocky1
i've extended an invitation to coach marco to host the entire cal basketball traveling party on thurdsay february 9th (the evening after the asu game in tempe) at dominicks steak house in north scottsdale along with taylor (center) & her girlfriend julianna...not sure if that's gonna work with travel logistics & everything, it's just an open invitation

kinda curious to see how many wagyu filets kam & the king could power down

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6152[/ATTACH]

truffle butter#:nono::nono::nono:
Shocky1

time to get moving this morning, you missed most of the 1st week of school last week traveling to freezing azz oregon on wednesday & returning sunday

let's get caught up, you don't got another game until this sunday at 5:30 pm at the barricade

what's your gpa?

Shocky1;842795471 said:

wake the **** up, today is the 1st day of classes for the spring semester at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world...yeah, you gotta sit in the 1st 2 rows, turn off all electornica media devices, lose the dumb azz hoodie look & start talking up a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach (she's a crowd pleaser)

it's the dawn of a new day in berkeley

sleep (and clothes) are for losers#
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842798505 said:

That is Kenzie's twin bro, Mason on the right, he plays for Folsom High who got beat by Jordan Brown's Woodcreek team Friday night....

mason got good hair
Shocky1
socaltownie;842798811 said:

+1. This is what we need. Cal has butchered its facilities so badly in respect to thinking this through. And I don't think you even need to HAVE a dedicated 24/7/365 BB palace - just a Gym that is reserved for hoop largely during late September to March. I honestly remain at a loss how we don't have said facility but DID somehow find the money for an upgrade for SWIMMING. Sure. Olympics. A corrupt and horrific blight on the sporting world. When people pay real money to go watch swimming every weekend then we can talk.

the swimming facility was built thru thru the generous philanthropy of my seat neighbors (they got the 6 seats next to me on the floor) the spieker family, tod swims almost every day & his wife got fun shoes on gamedays, their amped up son in law calen is crazytown like me on gamedays...tod has also funded ucla's spieker acquatic center too

so that's how major stuff gets built at cal, money is donated & earmarked specifically for projects of interest to them...the spieker $ couldn't be rerouted by jack clark so he could build facilities to ensure we beat life university (a chiropractic school) for another rugby national championships

cal got a lead donor for the $25 million dollars practice facility, it's now gotta go thru the campus approval process, it's gotta be explained to academic interests that this money can't be rerouted for a new building named after barsky...after the memorial stadium debt debacle, all new projects in berkeley require that the money be collected & in the bank before construction can begin, this is a sound financial management practice

the gold gym (that i threw some coin at) is a pretty good short term answer (much better scheduling now that worthless obstructionist bureaucrat ex rsf manager mike weinberger has been retired) but it's not the ultimate solution particuarly with respects to recruiting & crooked azz shooting (particularly free throws)

coach martin's #1 item on his wish list is a dedicated basketball practicie facility, there are a lot of people like mike williams working behind the scenes to make sure this project goes forward

if you build it, they will come#
UrsaMajor
There were others who gave equally to the Legends Aquatic Center, not just the Spiekers.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842798860 said:

There were others who gave equally to the Legends Aquatic Center, not just the Spiekers.

"equally"?
socaltownie
Shocky1;842798838 said:

the swimming facility was built thru thru the generous philanthropy of my seat neighbors (they got the 6 seats next to me on the floor) the spieker family, tod swims almost every day & his wife got fun shoes on gamedays, their amped up son in law calen is crazytown like me on gamedays...tod has also funded ucla's spieker acquatic center too

so that's how major stuff gets built at cal, money is donated & earmarked specifically for projects of interest to them...the spieker $ couldn't be rerouted by jack clark so he could build facilities to ensure we beat life university (a chiropractic school) for another rugby national championships

cal got a lead donor for the $25 million dollars practice facility, it's now gotta go thru the campus approval process, it's gotta be explained to academic interests that this money can't be rerouted for a new building named after barsky...after the memorial stadium debt debacle, all new projects in berkeley require that the money be collected & in the bank before construction can begin, this is a sound financial management practice

the gold gym (that i threw some coin at) is a pretty good short term answer (much better scheduling now that worthless obstructionist bureaucrat ex rsf manager mike weinberger has been retired) but it's not the ultimate solution particuarly with respects to recruiting & crooked azz shooting (particularly free throws)

coach martin's #1 item on his wish list is a dedicated basketball practicie facility, there are a lot of people like mike williams working behind the scenes to make sure this project goes forward

if you build it, they will come#

Thanks shock and I apologize for my over the top rhetoric. I would rephrase that part of this is prioritizing. Their philanthropy is fantastic but non-revenue sports really need to carry their entire full load. That means not only paying for facilities but the opportunity cost involved with dedicating that expensive land, their "overhead" charges (see UC standard practice of slicing off over 55% for "overhead"), offsetting title IX issues (so if male scholarships further create problems they need to be offset as well). Now that is really hard when someone wants to fully fund something but there is a reason we are the poster child for poor financial management in an A Department and it isn't because football/Mens basketball has EITHER a top or bottom line problem.
HoopDreams

Shocky1
walter ellis scored 22 points as the south bend eagles jammed up 60-37 the jimtown jimmies (can't make this stuff up)

coach martin has extended an actionable offer to walter, he's not a dumb azz, he got a 3.9 gpa
:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo

Shocky1;842777733 said:

the cal staff is targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2018 shooting guard walter ellis from john adams high school in freezing azz south bend indiana & the aau ellis elite...cali isn't parka weather like the frozen tundra of the midwest, why would anyone wanna live there unless you owned an igloo factory?...but make no mistake about it, walter got good hair

ellis is a late blossoming basketball player (he focused until this school year on football as an elite national recruit wide receiver with size & speed) that can shoot the ball & defend at a high level...walter is is coached up by his dad laphonso (currently an espn college basketball analyst) who played 11 years in the nba as a #5 overall pick in the 1992 nba draft after attending notre dame & winning 2 state championship high titles at east st louis high with coach martin...not totally sure but there's speculation that laphonso & coach martin got the same non licensed barber (not that it matters)

the bears are gonna bring in a large 2018 class of true student athletes & walter ellis is definitely a key prospective target

the hole#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including cold azz east st louis & south bend)
Shocky1
arguably the most traveled team in the united states of america the alcorn state braves (8-11) won on the road 80-71 over the alabama a&m bulldogs

got suitcases will travel#
HoopDreams

concordtom
HoopDreams;842798981 said:

Damn.
And that vertical is just on his JUMP SHOT!!!!!

.... I always wanted to dunk on a 10' rim.
She-ite!

..... By the way, that should be a technical when coaches are messing with players like that.
Shocky1

diamonds are forever (have no fear)#
OdontoBear66
HoopDreams;842798981 said:

Any truth that Tinkle was trying to block that shot from the backside and just couldn't get air, or was he just willing his defender up high.
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.