cal's monster class deux

1,380,047 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beached, 30+ year season tix holders have always been a secondary targeted marketing segment in my duties as the director of recruiting/player development for the cal basketball program

yeah taking your kids to cal basketbal game in berkeley & walking around campus & grabbing a meal together as a family is a lot of fun but sometimes its simpler to just leave the little monsters at the 7/11 on ashby by the bart station for a couple of hours instead, good parenting dictates that you give the dude behind the counter 5 bucks to keep an eye on them
Shocky1
socaltownie;842807362 said:

Shocky - request. Could you film and post up the celebration of Sean Rooks's life tonight during the pregame. It is just a really classy thing that UofA is doing. HATE the fans but I love this gesture and it would be wonderful for it to get some distribution. Maybe wildcats will also be distributing by youtube this way it happens for sure.

thanks!

socal, i don't think the arizona tribute ever materialized

it was unreal how kam made all those free throws last nite, it was almost like sean was guiding them thru the mckale airspace before they softly settled thru the net

jabari bird & roger moute a bidias (sam singer was back home in miami & jordan mathews was off doing his self entitlment thing) from cal's monster class (2015) drove from berkeley to so cal, that's what 50 year cal family friendships are all about

[video=youtube;Zdz443APk6Y][/video]

rip big sean#
Shocky1
appreciate the background info, md, hope you will post more often

mdbear;842807716 said:

Others have posted that Henry Caruso, a Bay Area native and the leading scorer at Princeton last year, will be a graduate transfer. I admit to being biased in that my family has known the Carusos for a long time, and I would love to be able to cheer for Henry and my Bears at the same time. Out of respect for his privacy, I have not asked Henry where he plans to attend next year and have no inside information. That said, I hope those of you with connections to the Cal coaching staff will urge it to do a deep dive about Henry and pull out all the stops to get him here. His stats are impressive and are worth repeating. In 2015, he led his team in scoring, rebounds, and steals despite being only 6'4" (the second leading rebounder was 6'11"). Henry was 45% from three point land and was named All Ivy League. For those of you tempted to dismiss his Princeton experience, please note that Princeton has the second highest RPI of any team Cal has beaten this year despite losing Henry to injury. Those are the stats, but let me tell you a little about the intangibles Cal coaches will find if they really check this guy out.

Despite coming from a well-off family, Henry is the opposite of a spoiled rich kid. He is one of the most polite, humble, and respectful young men I have met. He is very close to his family, who almost all live in the Peninsula, and I am sure he would love for his family to be able to see him play regularly in his last year of college basketball. He has a remarkable work ethic and heart and incredible hustle on the court. How else can you explain him being the leading rebounder and leading in steals despite only being 6'4"? He is committed to academics and once asked a professor who set a midnight deadline for a paper if he could extend the deadline to 6am so that Henry could pull an all nighter after his basketball game and turn in his best work.

We have a desperate need for experienced wings next year, particularly accurate three point shoot shooters. Stanford and Santa Clara will have an edge in seeking his talents because of proximity to his family and the fact that many in his family attended Santa Clara. However, Cal offers the opportunity of fabulous graduate schools, a great coach, and the experience of playing in a top conference. I really hope he transforms from Tiger to Bear.

Shocky1;842782023 said:

who is the shockster's #1 targeted graduate transfer priority for 2017?

that would be princeton's 6'4" 205 lbs 2015 1st team all ivy leaguer henry caruso who is out for the rest of the season after a toe injury in hawaii, he's gonna be a gradaute transfer & has already received his full release from the tigers

last season caruso led his team at 15 ppg & was 3rd in the ivy league in 3 point shooting at 44.6% along with a highly efficient 52.2% on field goals & 71.8% on free throws (was shooting 85.7% on fts this season) along with 6.2 rpg & 50 assists

in watching him at bloch arena this month, caruso is a physical, very active competitor with a strong motor/body control & an above average handle & a pure shooting stroke that can also finish around the basket with skilled footwork...he played only 19 minutes but scored 9 points on 4 of 9 field goals along with 4 boards & only 1 turnover
[video=youtube;HrM-ci-GVQs][/video]

henry is not a ******* dumb azz, he got a 3.9 gpa along with 1920 on the sat as junipero serra high school in san mateo & he's never done peds with barry bonds or allonzo trier so that's definitely a good thing too...his dad graduated from santa clara & his mom graduated from georgetown, he's not gonna transfer to some academically mediocre school that's for sure...cal offers the best oppportunity to play pac 12 basketball & compete for the starting 3 next season with the bird man's graduation & share his senior gameday experiences in berkeley with his parents in the beautiful & economically vibrant san francisco/silcon valley bay area

henry, do you want to finish your education at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world or what?...just ask grant & dwight about that, ok?

cal's go all the way up class (2017)#:gobears:
Shocky1
md, did you know that henry is also the lead singer for spoon?

[video=youtube;fd6aXM8WHGw][/video]

renaissance man#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Rebounds for Rama[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Rama N'diaye, a member of the Cal women's basketball team from 2006-11 who was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 29, will be in attendance for Sunday's game. The campaign "Rebounds for Rama" was started this season to provide financial and emotional support for Rama during her fight with breast cancer. A silent auction will be held on Sunday, with game balls, jerseys, and various other prizes available for bid. Proceeds benefit Rebounds for Rama and the Kay Yow Fund.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/2/9/inside-the-lair-rebounds-for-rama.aspx[/SIZE]

To make a donation ...

[COLOR="#EE82EE"][SIZE=5][COLOR="#EE82EE"]https://pledgeit.org/reboundsforrama[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Grant is like a quiet storm. He just steadily goes about his business, and then you look up and he's dropping a bomb on your head (if you are an opponent). The phrase "let the game come to you" describes his smart, cool play. He is a steady ball handler, making trapping Cal a fools errand. He values the ball. He plays fundamental strong defense. He understands the pick and roll (dropped two of them to Rabb vs AZ).

case in point, with starting PG Moore going down, Mullin's box vs AZ:
13 points on 5-7 shooting, including 2-4 from Three, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover

Grant Mullins is a basketball player[/SIZE]

Shocky1
olivier, you getting tired of all the breakfasts, lunches & dinners yet?

glad you got to do the hang with fellow frenchman & 2018 cal offeree jaylen hoard (right)

next up central florida monday thru tuesday, say hello to mickey, ok?

Shocky1;842807346 said:

what up, olivier, how's your official visit to wake forest going?

i visited winston-salem not too long ago as a guest of the old town golf club in order to play/walk their recently renovated coore & crenshaw masterpiece for a couple of days (also played the much underrated roaring gap)...with my influence in the worldwide golf course archieture rankings as a panelist for both golf digest & golf magazine old town is now ranked as a united states top 100 golf course...it's a beautiful design with a tight routing that maximizes the hilly terrain with interesting shotmaking strategies & controured greensites

while i was treated like royalty at the club (which is exclusively reserved for the bluebloods of the community whose generational families have benefited from the tobacco industry) as a mutt like you of mixed descent i obvserved subtle racism of blacks when off the club's property, there are still lingering issues of the civil war & slavery in winston-salem

i toured the tranquil wake forest campus & thought it contrasted sharply to the manufacturing facilities of rj reyonds tobacco company whose big biz money basically finances winston-salem...i made a point of touring one of the cigarette producting plants, did the deacon demons staff do that for you, your moms & dad?

are you interested in living the next 4 years of your life in a community whose economy is based upon the genocide of people around the world in the name of corpoate profits?...are you interested in taking a stats class that focuses on how to manipulate raw data to try to minimize the cancer rate for children of mother's that smoked?

smoking kills#:nono:
Shocky1
:headbang:headbanghow did coach webster spend his day off?

instead of scheming on ways to get his guards to feed ivan against stanford next friday nite in palo alto, tracy is reading french foreign language immersion books:headbang

sigh

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the garrone river)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]cal softball off to a good start at 4-1, including today's 9-5 win over Illinois[/SIZE]

helltopay1
Shocky---if I weren't straight, I'd ask you to join me in holy matrimony---come to think of it, the way society is "evolving" ( Baracks' word) in 20 years or so, 'gay marriage will be so yesterday-----thge new norm will be one man, one woman, three zebra, two toads, a bi-sexual buffalo, a catholic priest, three liberals ( hello---Mike Cohen) saran Palin and the cast of SNL.
mikecohen
helltopay1;842807825 said:

Shocky---if I weren't straight, I'd ask you to join me in holy matrimony---come to think of it, the way society is "evolving" ( Baracks' word) in 20 years or so, 'gay marriage will be so yesterday-----thge new norm will be one man, one woman, three zebra, two toads, a bi-sexual buffalo, a catholic priest, three liberals ( hello---Mike Cohen) saran Palin and the cast of SNL.

Am I now the Board's Designated Liberal?
Shocky1
hell, unless your a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach i'm not interested

your dad dan is a stand up guy just like his buddy bob, he bleeds blue & gold, always asks me on gamedays to tell him some good news...tell your old man we got 2 new walk on commits for 2017, one guy is a jaguar named jacob with a 4.6 gpa (no joke) & the other guy is a crafty lefty with unused eligibility that just got evicted from his house
[video=youtube;0OIDdGQQ0L8][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Olivier Sarr[/COLOR] would be trekking from France to the USA

And given the choice, who wouldn't pick California?
Natural beauty, diversity and an economic powerhouse

Specifically, the Bay Area is the international destination of choice, technology and innovation leader, and amazing weather

Cal is a World renown University, the International House is the center for the many students from all reaches of the globe

Yeah, France to Cal wouldn't be that far away after all ...[/SIZE]

petalumabear
helltopay1;842807825 said:

This thread is perfect for you 123.. Raise the roof!!
Shocky1
generational player lonzo ball scored 22 points along with 9 assists (osu team total was 8 assists) as the ucla bruins (23-3) licked the oregon state beavers (4-22)...if tj leaf declares for the nba draft after this season (nba scouts have told me his draft stock will never be higher because of ball's facilitation skills), then the rapist enabling steve alford coached bruins who were 15-17 a year ago without lonzo might be 15-17 once again next season

derrick white scored 23 points as the colorado buffaloes (15-11) kicked to the curb 81-49 the washington state cougars by playing cal like lockdown d

san diego aztecs (14-10) yannied 70-56 the nevada wolfpack but more importantly lindsay brauner has never been heard from again unless your counting some 37 listener podcast somewhere in the dakotas that agenda driven jack clark faithfully subscribes to without any common sense

virginia cavaliers (18-6) got hokey pokeyed 80-78 by the virginia tech hokies...yeah tony bennett has built a good relationship with kj hymes but thank goodness the future of cal basketball issac isn't a dumb azz & he's curious about travel costs & time...issac, did you know that last year when i flew from phoenix to charlotte to charlottesville (no direct flights) for cal's brutal 1 point road loss it cost me $800+ dollars roundtrip for the 8+ hours travel time (do your parents have unlimited money & vacation time?) for the flights?...i dunno maybe your big brother would like play ball in college somewhere his family can almost never see him?
Shocky1
there are only 2 more opportunities to be part of the battles at the barricade on gameday, do you got your tix(s)?

the 1st 10,000 fans thru the doors of haas will receive a cal t-shirt signed by victor hugo, albert camus & jean paul-sartre...don't forget to put your weapons & **** like that in a clear plastic bag, ok?

oregon, wednesday february 22nd at 6:00 pm:
http://calbears.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB16%3AB18%3A&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

oregon state, friday february 24th at 7:00 pm:
http://calbears.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB16%3AB19%3A&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

every voice counts at the barricade (the revolution is now)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]This is Jabari's time now[/SIZE]

concordtom
HoopDreams;842807823 said:

[SIZE=5]cal softball off to a good start at 4-1, including today's 9-5 win over Illinois[/SIZE]

Subsidized by the likes of Jared Goff and Ivan Rabb and many athletic donors!
I'm all for intercollegiate sports of all types. But here's another call for the revenue sports be allowed by the NCAA to pay their revenue generators.
BearlyCareAnymore
concordtom;842807978 said:

Subsidized by the likes of Jared Goff and Ivan Rabb and many athletic donors!
I'm all for intercollegiate sports of all types. But here's another call for the revenue sports be allowed by the NCAA to pay their revenue generators.

Softball gets one post and you have to make it about football and basketball? Seriously? You couldn't make this point elsewhere without implying that Ivan Rabb and Jared Goff are responsible for the hard earned success of athletes in another sport the one time they get a tiny bit of recognition.

This is the kind of thing that makes people who are not interested in revenue sports hate them so much as opposed to tolerate them.
socaltownie
OaktownBear;842808026 said:

Softball gets one post and you have to make it about football and basketball? Seriously? You couldn't make this point elsewhere without implying that Ivan Rabb and Jared Goff are responsible for the hard earned success of athletes in another sport the one time they get a tiny bit of recognition.

This is the kind of thing that makes people who are not interested in revenue sports hate them so much as opposed to tolerate them.

Softball isn't the best example but MY pet worry (I would say peeve but honestly I don't know data so I will refrain) is whether/if the non-Olympic sports are subsidizing the education of kids whose families are MORE than capable of paying their own way. Why do I think that? Because elite level Olympic sports facilities (and teams) tend to be located disproportionately in affluent areas. I would LOVE to see federal financial aid information about kids from revenue sports compared to, for example, non revenues.
Shocky1
san diego's cathedral catholic's brandon mccoy took another unofficial visit to san diego state sunday for the aztecs azz kicking of the nevada yannis...mccoy intends to decide after his high school season and after official visits to academic powerhouses unlv, oregon, arizona & michigan state might take his final official trip to san diego state

oregon has been thought to be the leader (arizona was the favorite until ayton made his commitment) but mccoy is a warm weather guy who really don't want to live in freezing azz eugene so he's torn right now...the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization will not be able to continue their travels further into the heart of darkness without mccoy:

*****ennis-out of eligiblity after this season
*****boucher-out of eligiblity after this season
*****brooks-will probably declare after this season & will be a marginal nba roster prospect & probably play in the nba develoment league
*****bell-just turned 22, will probably decare after this season, uber athletic but undersized as a nba 4 & too unskilled as a 3 & will likely end up playing in the nba development league & then overseas
*****dorsey-tyler & his dad are unrealistic re: his abilities, will probably declare after this season but multiple scouts have told me he lacks nba explosiveness & perimeter shooting skills...too soft to suceed overseas

the only impact player coming in for 2017 is troy brown jr who said it all, "oregon is a good basketball organization" with their corporate partner that enriches the aau coaches (including dads) & their teams that deliver players to eugene

my collegiate basketball fandom is based upon cal winning & then the corrupt oregon basketball orgnanization losing, nothing else really matters all that much

despite the winning season the hard working families of oregon have not turned out for criminal dana altman's low character non student athletes, nobody wants to spend their hard earned dollars watching altman coach up known rapists/spine breakers in the pursuit of winning basketball games on a basketball court with a basketball

trust me, the brandon mccoy recruitment is a big deal

dancing with the devil (with evil intent)#
Shocky1
charlie moore is gonna be good to go in palo alto this upcoming friday nite
Shocky1
https://campusinsiders.com/news/kj-hymes-underrated-jewel-2018-class-02-13-2017/

the future of cal basketball#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to Ivan Rabb![/SIZE]
(and where is waldo?)

LOUMFSG2
Shocky1;842808152 said:

charlie moore is gonna be good to go in palo alto this upcoming friday nite

Good news! Would love to see Charlie go off on Friday
HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6]Two League MVPs![/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=5]Australia NBL MVP[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Pac 10 Conference MVP[/SIZE]

Shocky1
true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa & the #2 ranked player in the 2018 class jordan brown scored 25 points along with 15 boards & 10 redunkulous blocks as his woodcreek timberwolves rosevilled 92-47 the oak ridge trojans

jordan intends to make his college decison by the end of this summer, he will figure it out & then be done with it

the university of california, berkeley=future home of 2018 potential mcdonalds all american mckenzie forbes:bravo
Shocky1
what up, olivier, are you enjoying your official visit to central florida, did you meet minnie (she's a curvy brunette yoga mouse)?

did you know that ucf is academically such a sorry azz broken down clown school that even boboche won't enroll there?ork:

high tech careers in orlando involve changing the lightbulbs at disneyworld, central florida actually has a degree for those wishing to become a resort doorman/bellhop

it's true, olivier, it's written in the stars this i swear

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including la ville rose)
Shocky1
alcorn state braves (13-11) weren't scared at all 70-58 of the arkansas pine bluff golden lions
FuzzyWuzzy
OaktownBear;842808026 said:

Kind of harsh, no? Tom's opinion is a legitimate one, and it is tied to basketball. This is the basketball board, after all.

I happen to disagree with him: athletes should not be paid, even the revenue generators. Money has ruined college sports as it is. Paying the kids would make it worse.

I also think that the non revenue sports should pay their own way.
Shocky1

olivier, curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they enter the real world

it don't matter if you live in la ville rose, paris, samoa, london, iceland, sydney, toykyo, san francisco or new york city, that's just the way of the world, it's the same everywhere

happy cal-entine's day#:cheer
HoopDreams

Shocky1
what up, olivier, i'm looking for you & your parents on tv, are you gonna wear the mickey mouse hat with face painting like i asked you to do so you would stand out?...that mickey is one messed up dude

anyways what an exciting 31-27 1st half between 2 academically challenged schools, did you know that most of the knights & hurricanes can't actually read books & **** like that?...coach martin is a big fan of you because of your ability to read, he thinks reading is fun too

enjoy the 2nd half, make sure you pay attention to the action on the court & don't be daydreaming about a latina curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach spending time with you on a beach/oceanside villa with a hammock in lisbon or checking cal's monster class when the ucf coaches aren't looking, ok?

go knights#ork:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]jeyb3 perfect in league
next up play offs
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
olivier, i need you to do me a solid, ok?...ask johnny dawkins before you leave cfe gym tonite why there's a sign on the wall that says "welcome to the knightmare?"

looks like there were around 1,500 fans at the game (that's not exactly a knightmare), there's probably more dancers on a friday nite at the ubu club than that

to be honest with you, olivier, both you & your dad looked kinda bored, gotta love your mom's enthusiasm as she clapped for the knights:cheer

7'6" 300 lbs tacko fall (12.2 ppg & 10 rpg) from senegal is a serious skyscraper in the middle, he's gonna be around for another 2 years in orlando, hope he didn't call you "mon ami tres court" or something

go knights#
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.