cal's monster class deux

1,380,479 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842824006 said:

Jordan Mathews finally spoke out re: his reasons for transferring.
He didn't want to say anything that would possibly harm his teammates, so he held it in until the coaching change.
Much respect to Jordan. Now go out and win this thing.

But the article doesn't explain what his issue with Cuonzo was
Shocky1

can you name the right california golden bear?

*****one of the these bears teaches a yoga class even tho they don't know **** about yoga, he's coached up a state of california championship team
*****one of these bears loves his moms mac & cheese, he made an epic an ice in his veins moneyball free throw to win a state championship after airballing the 1st one
*****one of these bears played the world top 100 golf courses starting as a caddie at san francisco golf club back in the day, he calls anybody who disagrees with him a dumb azz

diamonds are not forever (our time on planet earth is limited, laugh a little bit)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including uranus):buttkick:
Shocky1
TexWoodyGiants;842823998 said:

Absolutely certain your statement is an uninformed opinion. I have had season tickets for almost every year since KJ days (I didn't have them for a while as I've been working in LA for the past 18 plus years and even during those years I had season tickets for most of the time.). I contributed to the building of the Haas Pavilion (look in the entry way where donors are acknowledged). My wife and I and our twins had season tickets (4 chairbacks for many years). I now have 2 season tickets and attended almost every game this year. You sound a bit like Donald with your ridiculous accusations!

lo siento, senor
mikecohen
Shocky1;842823983 said:

read young ivee's heartfelt letter to the cal family, he truly loves his teammates & the way they stayed together (unlike the deal maker who is not mentioned) thru adversity like brothers in building 50 year friendships

young ivee, you've been a special presence in berkeley & i hope you will truly fulfill your promise to tami to earn your berkeley degree, don't want tamarik to call you a dumb azz after he graduates from college, ok?

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/3/21/rabb-declares-for-the-nba-draft.aspx?path=mbball

https://vimeo.com/45797764

98th avenue (get minted in the nba, my friend)#

If Ivan has plantar fasciitis as rumored, & it has the effect of curtailing his NBA career, and if Cuonzo is in some way responsible for it (an, I hope, very unlikely, albeit unfortunately coincidental, circumstance, if the plantar fasciitis is real), I would never forgive Cuonzo for that. Just a thought I have not been able to help having (thinking about the extra strain it could be argued that Cuonzo's non-efficient offense put on him).
mikecohen
TexWoodyGiants;842823998 said:

Absolutely certain your statement is an uninformed opinion. I have had season tickets for almost every year since KJ days (I didn't have them for a while as I've been working in LA for the past 18 plus years and even during those years I had season tickets for most of the time.). I contributed to the building of the Haas Pavilion (look in the entry way where donors are acknowledged). My wife and I and our twins had season tickets (4 chairbacks for many years). I now have 2 season tickets and attended almost every game this year. You sound a bit like Donald with your ridiculous accusations!

I'm a great fan of Shocky's; but this was unforgivable and calls for an abject apology - especially because of its reflection of the evil overtaking our society.
UCBerkGrad
mikecohen;842824033 said:

I'm a great fan of Shocky's; but this was unforgivable and calls for an abject apology - especially because of its reflection of the evil overtaking our society.

He did apologize
Chapman_is_Gone
mikecohen;842824033 said:

Uh, Mike, where you been buddy? I'd love to know why you're a "great fan" of Shocky. What has he done to earn your respect? You're asking him to apologize for a comment that is not a one-off but rather is typical of a 3+ year pattern of remarkably ingrained behavior. He insults die hard Cal fans, donors, and season ticket holders equally. My name is on the wall in the Haas Pavilion foyer as well. You think Shocky cares? Most communities would banish a person like that. I'll stop short of saying what I really want to say because otherwise 1) this post will be deleted and 2) I will be banned.

So, please, do tell what you find so admirable about the man.

I trust that Cal recruits are smart enough to see through it all. And, the funny thing is, an average 18-year old recruit to Cal (whom oftentimes is black) cares as much about golf as he does about opera.
Shocky1
joe yaks;842823493 said:

The real question is how much is enough? Given the status of our nation the answer is "more".

i dunno that's a question of personal goals & unvarnished ambition but i doubt you can ever go to your yoga/meditation practice too much it's kinda like putting up early morning practice shots it you got crooked azz shooting like marcus, roman & juhwan

if you are knocking down 50% of your free throws you should be practicing right now just ask jemarl, justice, olivier, grant & trevin of the 500+ practice buckets a day work ethic club

sleep is for losers#
Shocky1
UCBerkGrad;842824061 said:

He did apologize

mike no habla espaol
south bender
Shocky1;842824073 said:

mike no habla espaol

Shocky es ignorante y grosero.
Shocky1
south bender;842824120 said:

Shocky es ignorante y grosero.

el doblador del sur es un azz mudo
Shocky1
alfred hollins, a frequent visitor to haas on gamedays when at riordan back in the day, now with hillcrest prep (a shoe school with online classes) in phx with the commitment to them oregon state beavers, gregg gottlieb is doing a good job recruiting nor cal

when someone who knows ben kone well visited with the oregon state big in corvallis after practice this season in response to his question on how's school going, ben gave him a big grin & told "it's going great, this is way easier than mitty, not even close"

someday when kone is parking cars for tips with hollins & jack wilson at the winchester mystery house & his classmates who went to cal & stanford are getting ******* minted with their venture capital hi tech start ups in silicone valley, he might wonder if maybe he should've taken his academics more seriously...but then again maybe not

scary azz academics (easier than high school)#:nono::nono::nono:
mikecohen
Chapman_is_Gone;842824069 said:

Uh, Mike, where you been buddy? I'd love to know why you're a "great fan" of Shocky. What has he done to earn your respect? You're asking him to apologize for a comment that is not a one-off but rather is typical of a 3+ year pattern of remarkably ingrained behavior. He insults die hard Cal fans, donors, and season ticket holders equally. My name is on the wall in the Haas Pavilion foyer as well. You think Shocky cares? Most communities would banish a person like that. I'll stop short of saying what I really want to say because otherwise 1) this post will be deleted and 2) I will be banned.

I trust that Cal recruits are smart enough to see through it all. And, the funny thing is, an average 18-year old recruit to Cal (whom oftentimes is black) cares as much about golf as he does about opera.

What I don't get is why people take his whirling devil-shtick seriously (i.e., on the level of actionable defamation). I truly see it all as a kind-of one-off aesthetic, meant to entertain, with the off-perspective offering real irony-aesthetic sparks, from someone with a big heart, who really cares about what I think we all care about on this Board. I suppose people don't see that he, himself, is as much or more of the butt of his utterances as anyone else. The differences between Shocky and Trump in the crazy statements are that, although Trump's followers take them seriously, but not literally (as a kind of aesthetic, dog-whistle, Wittgensteinian, non-literal meaning), Trump takes them extremely literally, and ties them to his ego (although happily able to turn on a dime and completely contradict them for political and ego gain, if it's available), which of course is extremely dangerous for the world, the country, the economy, and government's ability to function, whereas, to Shocky, the craziness is strictly for entertainment (and has a lot of aesthetic value because of subtlety and nuance that maybe too many don't see -- I mean, aesthetic value depends on the ability to push the beholder past the limits of the beholder's own frame). I posted my thought that he went over the line with Tex Woody, because, in Tex Woody's case, the slander was so obviously false (to the point that Shocky should have known it), and Tex Woody was truly pushed to the point of truly righteous intolerance by the unacceptably blatant falsehood. Reckless. I don't find Shocky reckless. I do find his sensitivity to attack, and the quick retaliation (which doesn't always happen, but did in Tex Woody's case) below what I see as Shocky's standard of keeping it real through the shtick; and, as you have pointed out as to yourself, the particular shtick retaliation attack he threw at Woody and you (just as starkly false, as he should have known) seems to represent a bad pattern. But, all that being said, the bottom line for me is that Shocky is a BIG Spirit, with, after all, a lot of love, and good information and insight; and the bad stuff, to me, pales in comparison. Nor am I one to say that the mix in any person should be otherwise -- except when it gets to the point of real tilt toward actual harm to the world, the country, and the more important values. So, FWIW, that's how I see it.
mikecohen
Shocky1;842824073 said:

mike no habla espaol

No, I just posted the enjoinder before I got to the apology in the chronological order of the thread.
SFBearz
Chapman_is_Gone;842824069 said:

Exactly
socaltownie
mikecohen;842824373 said:

What I don't get is why people take his whirling devil-shtick seriously (i.e., on the level of actionable defamation). I truly see it all as a kind-of one-off aesthetic, meant to entertain, with the off-perspective offering real irony-aesthetic sparks, from someone with a big heart, who really cares about what I think we all care about on this Board. I suppose people don't see that he, himself, is as much or more of the butt of his utterances as anyone else. The differences between Shocky and Trump in the crazy statements are that, although Trump's followers take them seriously, but not literally (as a kind of aesthetic, dog-whistle, Wittgensteinian, non-literal meaning), Trump takes them extremely literally, and ties them to his ego (although happily able to turn on a dime and completely contradict them for political and ego gain, if it's available), which of course is extremely dangerous for the world, the country, the economy, and government's ability to function, whereas, to Shocky, the craziness is strictly for entertainment (and has a lot of aesthetic value because of subtlety and nuance that maybe too many don't see -- I mean, aesthetic value depends on the ability to push the beholder past the limits of the beholder's own frame). I posted my thought that he went over the line with Tex Woody, because, in Tex Woody's case, the slander was so obviously false (to the point that Shocky should have known it), and Tex Woody was truly pushed to the point of truly righteous intolerance by the unacceptably blatant falsehood. Reckless. I don't find Shocky reckless. I do find his sensitivity to attack, and the quick retaliation (which doesn't always happen, but did in Tex Woody's case) below what I see as Shocky's standard of keeping it real through the shtick; and, as you have pointed out as to yourself, the particular shtick retaliation attack he threw at Woody and you (just as starkly false, as he should have known) seems to represent a bad pattern. But, all that being said, the bottom line for me is that Shocky is a BIG Spirit, with, after all, a lot of love, and good information and insight; and the bad stuff, to me, pales in comparison. Nor am I one to say that the mix in any person should be otherwise -- except when it gets to the point of real tilt toward actual harm to the world, the country, and the more important values. So, FWIW, that's how I see it.

I think our quibble is "...and good info". Lets see how this one plays itself out.

I have grown to appreciate Shocky. I agree....there is a post-modernist interpretation of this whole thread that is actually quite fun. What I don't get is how he stretches the outerbounds of belief and then attacks when people ask him essentially to "source" the "good information" he purports to report. For example, his latest missiles on me was the question the plausibility of some "package deal" being assembled between Joe P and all these former bears. Not IMPOSSIBLE but seemingly difficult at best to believe given that in some cases it would be not even just a lateral move but one that could be considered a downward move.

I got the full Shocky treatment for that.
Shocky1
trump: republican, got bad hair & a fat azz belly, ambivalent about animals, rides in a golf cart/hasn't played the world's top 100 golf courses & doesn't attend cal basketball games in person

shocky: democrat, got good (not great) hair & a flat stomach, loves them rescue dogs/cats, walks every golf round/has played the world's top 100 golf course & watched every second of cal basketball live in person this season

mikecohen: can eloquently write really long sentences that can touch upon quite a few different topics but are usually themed in the nuances of our lives & our interactions with those around us and how that makes us feel not only in the tragic moment but also the hopeful bright rays of tomorrow's sunshine unless there are impediments that we can not overcome despite our don quixote efforts to find meaning where none exists in the condensed writings of william faulkner who assuredly could not find the love, the magic of a curvy brunette yoga female despite his living in the brutally hot and humid racist south which transforms itself into the freezing azz cold racist south in the winter in an era in which many dumb azzs are not fully enlightened regarding the midnite hotel de paris (monacco) plan which will forever change the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program

together we attack (the magic of cal basketball)#
Shocky1
SFBearz;842824379 said:

Exactly

my targeted market segment wants be educated at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & get minted in the nba & do the hang with shocky like we're all ******* black beetles

Shocky1

when evaluating the training/mentoring received by joe pasternack from the donut boy of tuscon, let's take a look at a couple of his assistant coaches, ok?

*****chris mack, xavier 23-13 this season playing arizona tonite in the sweet 16 at the ncca tournament

*****archie miller, dayton 24-8 lost in the 1st round of the ncca tournament 64-58 to them wichita state shockys

*****james whitford, ball state 21-13 this season

in donuts we trust (just don't be a fat azz)#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842824393 said:

my targeted market segment wants be educated at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & get minted in the nba & do the hang with shocky like we're all ******* black beetles

You got that right. You're definitely a bte noire.
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842824402 said:

You got that right. You're definitely a bte noire.

no wonder i shop at bergdorf goodman

service (with a smile) matters#
Shocky1
randy "human walking recruiting violation" bennett will thankfully not end up in berkeley, he had lunch with mike montgomery tuesday to talk about the cal job

cheater#
Shocky1
it's kinda funny how my biggest critics are dumb azz fake model tv fans, they don't like being called out on their life's passivity

xs las vegas 3:00 am (chainsmokers)#

[video=youtube;RhU9MZ98jxo][/video]
socaltownie
You agree not to use BearInsider's website and/or services to:

(b) upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defaming, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
stu
Shocky1;842824385 said:

trump: republican, got bad hair & a fat azz belly, ambivalent about animals, rides in a golf cart/hasn't played the world's top 100 golf courses & doesn't attend cal basketball games in person

shocky: democrat, got good (not great) hair & a flat stomach, loves them rescue dogs/cats, walks every golf round/has played the world's top 100 golf course & watched every second of cal basketball live in person this season

mikecohen: can eloquently write really long sentences that can touch upon quite a few different topics but are usually themed in the nuances of our lives & our interactions with those around us and how that makes us feel not only in the tragic moment but also the hopeful bright rays of tomorrow's sunshine unless there are impediments that we can not overcome despite our don quixote efforts to find meaning where none exists in the condensed writings of william faulkner who assuredly could not find the love, the magic of a curvy brunette yoga female despite his living in the brutally hot and humid racist south which transforms itself into the freezing azz cold racist south in the winter in an era in which many dumb azzs are not fully enlightened regarding the midnite hotel de paris (monacco) plan which will forever change the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program

Good (but incomplete) evaluations of politicians and self. Great evaluations of writers! Can you do as well evaluating coaching candidates? Note I didn't ask about other posters.
mikecohen
socaltownie;842824382 said:

I think our quibble is "...and good info". Lets see how this one plays itself out.

I have grown to appreciate Shocky. I agree....there is a post-modernist interpretation of this whole thread that is actually quite fun. What I don't get is how he stretches the outerbounds of belief and then attacks when people ask him essentially to "source" the "good information" he purports to report. For example, his latest missiles on me was the question the plausibility of some "package deal" being assembled between Joe P and all these former bears. Not IMPOSSIBLE but seemingly difficult at best to believe given that in some cases it would be not even just a lateral move but one that could be considered a downward move.

I got the full Shocky treatment for that.

This is interesting, because that particular combination (i.e., Pasternack plus one or more of the hero bears [i.e., Shareef, Gates, Theo, etc. - maybe throw-in Justin Labagh and/or Lou Richie] checks off maybe almost all of the boxes I think we need (because Goldman's support would get the practice facility built, Pasternack has shown, in the face of Katrina, to be a spirited, as well as skilled, coach, and the heros (all of whom can recruit), albeit without head coaching experience, have an overwhelming amount of basketball knowledge, PLUS, and especially, the Cal spirit that brings us all to this Board and the understanding of, and appreciation for, the local culture (and the problematic administration) that is necessary to get this program into the promised land.

I.e., it is a terrifically aspirational thought - I think well worth expressing. At the same time, it is, OF COURSE, if not outright impossible, then WILDLY improbable (i.e., not worth hanging anybody's hopes on).

Although I can't remember Shocky's response, I could imagine it meaning to me the equivalent of: "Don't you rain on my parade", or "stomp all over my beautiful dream", just because it would require a miracle, i.e., not so much an attack on you.

Interestingly, I think, in the next post following that to which I am responding, Shocky gives my writing style the "full Shocky treatment", essentially putting me in the same league as Edward Bullwer Lytton (the Godfather of the Bad Writing Competition), and goes to great length in doing it. My reaction: (1) A word to the wise; and (2) Entertained.
Shocky1
so cal, my sources on all things related to cal basketball are the people DIRECTLY involved in my information

in my role as arguably the foremost golf architecture critic/rankings panelist in the world when i comment about tom doak moving the back tee box further into the sand dunes on the dramatic uphill par 4 15th hole at tara iti golf club north of auckland (new zealand) to change the angles/shot values it's because i've directly spoken to master architect tom doak, not some "industry source" or **** like that, i'm not creating fake news like ben parker & the california golden blogs (which is a bunch of news aggregators with no actual sources)

when i tell you marcus lee is up from 211 lbs at the 2016 nba combine to 222 lbs now, it's because marcus lee directly told me that, got it?

beautiful now (the unvarnished truth)#:woohoo
Shocky1

when i tell you that one of the best ways to get in shape & quiet your restless mind is to engage in an active (5-6 days a week) yoga/meditation practice, it's because a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach told me that, it's not because i read it in some fitness or self help magazine for losers

reliable sources of information (raindrops, drop tops)#
Cal Geek
Shocky1;842824446 said:

when i tell you that one of the best ways to get in shape & quiet your restless mind is to engage in an active (5-6 days a week) yoga/meditation practice, it's because a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach told me that, it's not because i read it in some fitness or self help magazine for losers

Exactly what is it about a "curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach" that makes her more qualified than reading it in a magazine. Curious minds want to know. And also curious about what your wife thinks about relationships with "curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach". BearInsiders want to know how you pull this off.
TexWoodyGiants
mikecohen;842824433 said:

This is interesting, because that particular combination (i.e., Pasternack plus one or more of the hero bears [i.e., Shareef, Gates, Theo, etc. - maybe throw-in Justin Labagh and/or Lou Richie] checks off maybe almost all of the boxes I think we need (because Goldman's support would get the practice facility built, Pasternack has shown, in the face of Katrina, to be a spirited, as well as skilled, coach, and the heros (all of whom can recruit), albeit without head coaching experience, have an overwhelming amount of basketball knowledge, PLUS, and especially, the Cal spirit that brings us all to this Board and the understanding of, and appreciation for, the local culture (and the problematic administration) that is necessary to get this program into the promised land.

If you put in almost any other name being considered, rather than Pasternack, then you would have a winner!
Shocky1
cal geek, I am always more than willing to share the answers of the universe (including the latest with cal basketball recruiting) with you & anybody else at haas pavillon 60 minutes prior to games during the early warm ups, ok?...those 60 minutes are the enlightenment hour

fuchsia is the new black#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842824443 said:

so cal, my sources on all things related to cal basketball are the people DIRECTLY involved in my information

in my role as arguably the foremost golf architecture critic/rankings panelist in the world when i comment about tom doak moving the back tee box further into the sand dunes on the dramatic uphill par 4 15th hole at tara iti golf club north of auckland (new zealand) to change the angles/shot values it's because i've directly spoken to master architect tom doak, not some "industry source" or **** like that, i'm not creating fake news like ben parker & the california golden blogs (which is a bunch of news aggregators with no actual sources)

when i tell you marcus lee is up from 211 lbs at the 2016 nba combine to 222 lbs now, it's because marcus lee directly told me that, got it?

beautiful now (the unvarnished truth)#:woohoo

Well....how about reconciling what amounts to at last 165 degree variance from what you argued about 10 months ago.

Shocky- Jordan Mathews left because his dad is psycho and he is selfish
Jordan - I left because the deal marker wasn't my style of coach.

#hmmmaccessisnteverything
Shocky1
socaltownie;842824461 said:

Well....how about reconciling what amounts to at last 165 degree variance from what you argued about 10 months ago.

Shocky- Jordan Mathews left because his dad is psycho and he is selfish
Jordan - I left because the deal marker wasn't my style of coach.

#hmmmaccessisnteverything

the complete j mat story will be told after his final collegiate game, your summary above is incomplete

Cal Geek
Shocky1;842824460 said:

cal geek, I am always more than willing to share the answers of the universe (including the latest with cal basketball recruiting) with you & anybody else at haas pavillon 60 minutes prior to games during the early warm ups, ok?...those 60 minutes are the enlightenment hour

fuchsia is the new black#

Just where is the LIKE button when I need it......
socaltownie
Shocky1;842824465 said:

the complete j mat story will be told after his final collegiate game, your summary above is incomplete

It is YOUR reporting. I have neither the patience or the time for you but you can go search up your postings.

That is the point. You either hold yourself to the starndard of a reporter or you hold yourself up as a fan (or a fun post-modernist ironic paradoy of a fan). But you are disinginious in the extreme to move back and forth between the two as your mood (or argument) suites you. We have enough of that. One example resides in the White house.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.