cal's monster class deux

1,380,183 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
89Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CalEnviroLaw;842832322 said:

What about UW?

Should be a good battle...
OSU with be several games ahead of these guys.
Big C
89Bear;842832344 said:

Should be a good battle...
OSU with be several games ahead of these guys.

The Beavers should actually be very solid next season. They played mostly freshman and sophomores this past year, plus Tinkle the Younger should be back. ("The Older" seems like a pretty good coach.) No unstoppable stars, but they could well have a winning conference record.
HoopDreams
WSU will be bad
OSU will be very good... may make NCAA
joe amos yaks
2017 should be a good season for the PAC12 ag schools.
🐂
89Bear
Big C_Cal;842832347 said:

The Beavers should actually be very solid next season. They played mostly freshman and sophomores this past year, plus Tinkle the Younger should be back. ("The Older" seems like a pretty good coach.) No unstoppable stars, but they could well have a winning conference record.

Agreed. They also get frosh, Thompson, who had a great high school year ending in a state championship.
Shocky1
coach wyking got his new s&c coach identified & almost ready to be publicly announced, he's a young high energy guy with with the right credentials (he's worked with minted nba guys) with a so cal background

off to the races (tell me when it's time to spin)#
BearsObserver
OS?
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842832433 said:

OS?

bbla, you got good computer hacking skillz but your probably out of your smoggy league on this one but we've heard that song before

BearsObserver
CP?
mikecohen
Shocky1;842832257 said:

tolu jacobs yaffa dnp this season because of the cif high school transfer rules but he's gonna be ready for a monster season this november for capital christian

yeah yaffa's high school career is still on hold kinda like his grip on this curvy brunette yoga female, since this foto tolu has lost 65 lbs thru self discipline, don't every doubt his commitment to pursue his basketball dreams

but my recruitment of this remarkable young man is not on hold, i really want to coach up yaffa in berkeley as part of my continued collegiate coaching ascension, the upward trajectory of my teachings in going all the way up towards the orbits is unmistakable

tolu, as part of my commitment to transparently always telling you the truth, here's a sampling of my key effective coaching messages to my current stable of california golden bears bigs:

*****"when you get close to the basket just dunk the ******* basketball, don't dribble or use the backboard, be physical, it's good to be the king"-my message to the king

*****"hands straight up, no reaching, let's do this kam"-my message to k(rooks)

*****"demand the ball ivan, impose your will on the game, demand the ball"-my message to young ivee

but don't worry, tolu, i'll customize my coaching on gamedays specifically for you, ok?...john thompson sr is a sorry broken down candy azz ***** male stripper compared to me when it comes to my unique & succssful ability to develop bigs

and how much am i gonna charge you for all this knowledge?...that's the best part, tolu, it's for free:woohoo

The following is technically irrelevant, to the point of being OT; but I can't help expressing my reaction to Mr. Yaffa's appearance in the photos and videos that have been posted or linked here because I don't know if I've ever seen somebody like that . . . not that he looks weird -- in fact he looks very pleasant and sane and intelligent, and all those good things; and I've seen a lot of people who are surprisingly mature for a very youthful age. But I don't think I've ever seen anyone who, in the middle of high school age, looks (especially with the glasses) like they skipped most of their youth almost completely and went directly to their mid-30s.
Shocky1
mike, tolu is wise beyond his years, his maturity (in terms of compassion for others) is absolutely off the charts

this is a tremendous true student athlete prospect

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#

[video=youtube;RubBzkZzpUA][/video]

rebuild (now)#
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842832490 said:

CP?

no
CalEnviroLaw
What about all those 2018 and 2019 Texas guys who were offered? They look like some really good prospects.
mikecohen
The key to a lot of things in the foreseeable future (including our team) is to engage with a giant chip on our shoulder.
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842832503 said:

What about all those 2018 and 2019 Texas guys who were offered? They look like some really good prospects.

all these guys need to be academically vetted before the monster starts profiling anybody

most college basketball fans don't understand what an offer means, hope this helps:

offer: were gonna get to know you & you'll get to know us...it's kinda like dating just don't mean that much other than it's fun

conditional offer: you will receive a scholly is you improve your gpa to meet cal's admission standards (if elijah hardy kills it at bishop o'dowd's summer school program his cal offer will be firmed up) or if the prospects ahead of you on cal's big board move in another recruiting direction

actionable offer: the staff would love for you to accept a ******* offer today (jordan brown & chase jeter fall in this category), you got great grades, good hair & nba skills

got it?

total rebuild (started at the bottom)#
Shocky1
if you ask them high character true student athletes of cal's go all the way up class (2017) where they live, they gonna point at the berkeley hills & tell you to go all the way up in their fueled up uber helicopter...just ask french montana, nothing can stop them

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

juhwan harris dyson, 3.0 gpa

trevin knell, 4.0 gpa

justice sueing jr, 3.8 gpa

grant anticevnich, 3.75 gpa (equivalent)

curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach that wants to date & marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad, gpa unknown

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:bravo
Shocky1
onetime cal prospect of interest canadian grant shepard of the montverde academy in florida signed with the university of british columbia

go thunderbirds#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"]Don Coleman[/COLOR] started off the year adjusting to High D1 basketball. He put his head down and charged to the basket. He was a one trick pony, and so was easily defended, and sometimes played out of control.

Then he sat.

But later in the season, he better understood what it took when 6-9 athletic rim protectors were between him and the rack. He learned how to recognize that split second when the big looked away, or when there was a seam to get to the glass.

And he finished in a number of jaw dropping ways. He also diversified his game so defenders needed to play him more honest.

Don Coleman arrived in the Cal vs UCLA game. With Cal down big and our offense stagnant, Don just give me the damn ball Coleman put on a display that had me jumping off my seat. 7-10 shooting for 15 points, and 5 rebounds.

On defense, he was a disrupter, locking up UCLA PG Lorenzo Ball in the closing minutes, picking his pocket, and making Ball tentative with the rock afterwards.

Yes, coach said Coleman was our best perimeter defender.

Coleman followed up with 12 points to help Cal beat #25 USC on the road.

Only an injury could stop Coleman after that.

In the final game of the season, with the coach already checked out, it was a again Don Coleman who refused to just lay down. He was unstoppable with 26 points.

The good news, is Don himself knows he needs to develop his pull up jumper and other skills. That's what the off season is for.

Shocky1
most importantly dontae got good hair
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842832686 said:

Well stated 6956. Shocky is the only one who claims that Doug made donations contingent on hiring the kicker (something I find dubious). BTW, Doug is not the only significant donor who won't contribute as long as MW is AD.

ursa, that is an inaccurate statement on your part

the lead donation is gone for the dedicated basketball practice facility because people are done donating to an athletic department led by a guy who doesn't return texts, letters & phone calls but quite frankly williams is not gonna change his dysfunctional communication skills & donors won't give cal another dollar which is a shame

mike has always been conversant with me at games but if a majority of donors are done with him for whatever reasons he should consider stepping down but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

this trend is not directly related to joe pasternack, your calling him the kicker when you've never conversed with him says something about how simplistic your thinking must be
HoopDreams
Who is the greatest PG in Cal history?
Kevin Johnson? A close runner up.

No the best PG in Cal history is Jason Kidd (some say he is the best PG in NBA history too)

And Jason Kidd loves and supports Cal
Just 5 months ago he donated a cool $1 mil to the Cal basketball program

And he supports Cal in other ways too, like mentoring Cal point guards

Good luck to Jason Kidd and the Bucks in the NBA play offs. They got their first win today.

Shocky1

coach wyking & the staff are actively prioritizing & recruiting shooting guard 6'4" 175 lbs puerto rico native eric ayala from the putnam science academy in connecticut & the we-r1 aau team...coordinating an official visit to the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area in cali is the key

ayala got offers from arizona, syracuse, maryland, indiana, creighton & connecticut but the 2018 class top 60 player could also potentially reclassify to 2017 & compete for a starting position in berkeley this summer & 35+ mpg

what do you need to know about eric?

he got good hair, he competed for the puerto rico u16 team averaging 19.6 pig, 6.8 rag & 2.8 apg, wears white tube socks every game & like shocky also likes them curvy brunette yoga females (his celebrity crush is kim k)...most importantly he's not a dumb azz, he got a 3.0+ gpa and made the academically challenging putnam science academy honor roll as a junior

[video=youtube;jv9RNZUcJTM][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including puerto rico):bravo

Shocky1
what up, eric?

Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842828802 said:

Kendall Smith PG transfer from CSUN. Can play immediately. From Antioch and was teammate of Marcus Lee ...

2.8 hs gpa at deer valley high school & then a sub 3.0 gpa at cal state earthquake, not gonna happen in berkeley
HoopDreams

stu
HoopDreams;842832746 said:

[SIZE=4]Those stats are insane for TWO players![/SIZE]
NVBear78
stu;842832768 said:

[SIZE=4]Those stats are insane for TWO players![/SIZE]

What was that from?
Vineyardview
Has Eric Ayala taken and completed the high school curriculum that is mandatory to be admitted in the fall and be part of the 2017 class?

Would he have to take summer, correspondence or online classes to meet the prerequisites?

He certainly would be a big addition to Wyking's first California team.

Is it realistic for us to think he can and wants to gain entry at the University of California?
stu
NVBear78;842832771 said:

What was that from?

[URL="http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2017/02/26/boys-basketball-war-floor-senior-night-valley-set-sat-april-15-burroughs-high/"][COLOR="#0000FF"]War on the Floor[/COLOR][/URL]
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842832786 said:

Has Eric Ayala taken and completed the high school curriculum that is mandatory to be admitted in the fall and be part of the 2017 class?

Would he have to take summer, correspondence or online classes to meet the prerequisites?

He certainly would be a big addition to Wyking's first California team.

Is it realistic for us to think he can and wants to gain entry at the University of California?

viney, the key next step is to get eric ayala & his family to officially visit the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area...transcript review & an academic gamelan in conjunction with the athletic study center (which operates independently with no funding from the athletic department) could then be put together re: his potentially reclassifying from 2018 to cal's go all the way up class (2017)
Shocky1

happy easter wishes to everyone (including sammy & mingo) particularly those undereducated ugly azz bitches that lost $482 to me this morning during our brisk walking match this morning at the rock, that's just giant

fight on#:nono:
Shocky1
wifeisafurd;842832799 said:

I believe Mike is essential to dealing with a Chancellor who has no background with D! intercollegiate athletics, etc. as a business guy and an insider, and for other reasons, and I didn't see the timing as right to change horses at AD. However, if Mike really has lost the major sports donors, he is a liability, and needs to be removed. That is a big if, and I don't know that to be the case (I am not doubting you, it is just that I know mostly SoCal donors).

mike told a donor last week that the dedicated practice facility can still be built, the unvarnished truth is that williams & athletic development director jeremy wang do not have even a lead donor anymore or a realistic plan to getting this done because of their dysfunctional communication skills...if it couldn't move forward with a $10 million dollars lead donation, how's it gonna be built with no fronting money?
Shocky1
at the pac 12 tournament in las vegas i sat all 3 days with different meb donors & season tix fans each game, jeremy wang did not bother to come over & talk to any of us at any point while he sat in better seats than us directly behind the cal bench while socializing with other athletic departments including mike williams...i gave him the thumbs up sign the 1st day thinking he would get the invitation to visit but he just returned the thumbs up & went back to his seat...and no, cal's largest donor didn't attend because of his dissatisfaction with his failed communication efforts with williams, wang & williams were conducting no biz as far as i could tell

so here's the deal, the monster class is gonna report on a go forward basis which athletic department staff members travel to the september football opener in north carolina, the maui tournament in november, etc. & if they are really working or not and also if they gobble up the premium seating...if necessary i will even ask them "why are you here?"

all expenses paid free vacations (are gonna be less fun with the monster watching)#:nono:
socaliganbear
If the Associate AD for Development isn't developing for the revenue sports, why is he employed?
Bobodeluxe
I would donate my change can if that would help.
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.