cal's monster class deux

1,379,977 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spring game

SFCityBear
Jeff82;842834579 said:

Shame on you for using the Broderick-Terry duel historic site to sneak onto a golf course.

Good Bay Area knowledge, Jeff, but the place where I parked was below and north of where the guard kiosk is now for the gated community, none of which was there when I did the dirty deed. The Broderick-Terry site is a few hundred yards south of that.
Big C
south bender;842834698 said:

Mike,

You dream to think you can penetrate Shocky's narcissistic, immature bubble.

He's like Trump. Only he knows how to push Cal basketball to the heights.

We should make the Cal tent as big as possible. Inside the tent, it's live and let live. We're all Cal people here and we ought to focus all our energy on the opposition. My parents only had one son, so I say you are all my brothers, each and every one of you. Go Bears!
mikecohen

Mike,

I have been accused (for all I know, rightly) of over-analyzing aesthetic endeavors.

So, here goes [and I kind of think I'm right because much of my admiration for Shocky comes from seeing both the games he plays with the ironies (e.g., flaunting cheesecake, albeit fairly well chosen, on the one hand, and raising strong, independent, respected daughters on the other) and not being ashamed of his narcissistic, immature bubble (which I think doesn't separate himself from the rest of us as much as some of us might like to think)] and his true perspective and understanding about them [while he is far from above seriously undercutting himself with defensiveness - although, if I were subject to that much attack, I would certainly be very defensive]:

What I saw in Shocky's response to my criticism of his Trumpian, hyper-Bear Nationalistic scape-goating of those rivals who have the effrontery to stand between us and NC and RB was:

Outward dismissing of my point (which was charmingly ambiguous, i.e., did he mean that stopping his childish demonizing wouldn't happen?, or that the universe I posited in which we win on our terms, without 5-star glitz piled on, in celebration of our values -being true to our school- wouldn't happen?) If he meant the latter, then he chose a funny illustration of it (i.e., a poster celebrating Witchita University's Final Four appearance); and also, perhaps a Bridge Too Far:

Was peopling his illustration with a blonde instead of his chosen brunette some kind of hint at a concession that Cal's in fact NC Team illustrated my point contrary to his, since the guys on that team were NOT the Oscar Robertsons or Jerry Wests of their day, maybe even far from it; but they did somehow represent the spirit of this University in the way I believe is possible by the right combination (which it always takes, anyhow) in line with that spirit here today.

The two recent data points on this are:

(a) The recent article on the provenance of Curry, Lillard, McCullom and Ian Clark as being perhaps more typical of the population of the NBA than the big school model, and

(b) The fact that, 58 years hence, the pool of players of such provenance is so huge that it is possible to put together from it the combination that we are looking for here.
HoopDreams
this is what it means when they say ... a leader off the court

Shocky1

Mike,

south bender (sounds kinda like a name for someone with a drinking problem like paula), me & lil yachty disagree with you

HoopDreams
Shocky1
hoop, i dunno but it kinda looks like the king's soccer shirt got a misspelling or something, just hate that ****

Shocky1

juhwan harris dyson aka the spider fly with a redunkulous 27 points, 18 boards & 6 blocks along with winning the slam dunk contest by jumping over some dumb azzs in some d optional all star game or something

juhwan, grant & justice gotta put up 500+ shots every single with no days off just like trevin before they arrive at cal's summer bridge program in berkeley on june 26th, crooked azz shooting is a choice not a fate

but make no mistake about it, jhd got a lotta energy, got a lotta enemies tryna drain him of his energy

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for those that wanna play 30+mpg on gamedays unlike jemarl):tree
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]McKenzie Forbes, with the steal, the break, the (should have been assist), and the 3 pointer

I like it.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
allen crabbe and the trail blazers down 0-3 to the golden state warriors
now would be a good time for crabbe to light it up

Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842834905 said:

Still waiting for first CA offer from this staff.

bbla, just because it's not in your twitter world don't mean that coach wyking, tim, theo & chris haven't made any cali offers, it just means you may not know about them

assumptions#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842834913 said:

bbla, just because it's not in your twitter world don't mean that coach wyking, tim, theo & chris haven't made any cali offers, it just means you may not know about them

assumptions#

This is the bad shocky. The good shocky is actually nice, reasonable and fun to hang with. Don't be the bad shocky.

PS. In case you need it spelled out, you could have said something like

"BBLA - There are several cal offers that are out. For a variety of reasons they are flying under the radar screen. When I know more and can post I will. Go Bears1!"
(see, it aint that hard)

dal9
BearBackerinLA;842834917 said:

And stop piggybacking on my posts, i.e., JHD's all star game performance.

you mean e.g., not i.e.
Shocky1
bbla, don't pretend that you know who the staff is offering or not, ok?...to do so is misrepresenting the recruiting efforts in california

the monster has been covering jhd since day 1 when jemarl & ira asked martin to recruit juhwan, trust me i'm not getting any recruiting info from your posts

that's all
mikecohen
BearBackerinLA;842834968 said:

Yet you are often not the first to break any recruiting news.

Apparently nobody wants to be the one to deprive this Board of BBILA's popular posts.
parentswerebears
BearBackerinLA;842834972 said:

Believe me I want to continue to provide info and tidbits that people may not be aware of, but I get discouraged by posters like him to the point that I am losing passion and interest.

I have searched twitter quite a bit for Cal info and you find stuff that I don't a lot of the time. Please keep going!
HoopDreams
will Kenzie be the shooter that will put Cal over the top?

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

berkeleyhigh91
Shocky1;842834943 said:

bbla, don't pretend that you know who the staff is offering or not, ok?...to do so is misrepresenting the recruiting efforts in california

the monster has been covering jhd since day 1 when jemarl & ira asked martin to recruit juhwan, trust me i'm not getting any recruiting info from your posts

that's all

Pls stfu. Bbla adds tons of value by being resourceful and constantly looking for something interesting.
petalumabear
BBinLA. Recruiting and reading about recruiting is a TEAM effort. Your contributions are welcomed.
HoopDreams
Cal baseball sweeps three game series vs USC

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
6'7" 228 lbs sharpshooting wing notre dame transfer matt ryan officially visited berkeley earlier this week, he attended iona prep (20 mpg, 8 mpg & 5 apg) & is from cortland manor, new york (north of the city) where he was named mr new york basketball

ryan battled injuries in south bend & never got serious minutes in the playing rotation despite shooting 43.4% (36 of 83) of 3 pointers as a sophomore, major playing time is available at cal with justice sueing jr the only other comparably sized wing

matt is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.8 gpa & a member of the national italian honor society, vanderbilt & georgetown are also under consideration...listen to the video below, he's articulate & focused & would be an ideal cal fit

[video=youtube;pu9TuAJjvHE][/video]

seasons change (but it's never freezing azz cold in cali)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including winged foot & quaker ridge):bravo
Shocky1
berkeleyhigh91;842834990 said:

Pls stfu. Bbla adds tons of value by being resourceful and constantly looking for something interesting.

i'm also constantly looking for something interesting but i don't misrepresent what's actually going on with recruiting...but that's ok, everybody should do what makes them happy...maybe you shouldn't read the monster anymore

shocky is humble (kinda like kendrick)#
Shocky1

seasons change#:gobears:
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842835019 said:

How's that misrepresenting? I said there are no publicly announced offers on CA recruits. Find me one.

actually you wrote "still waiting for the first CA offer for this staff"

do you think coach wyking has extended an actionable offer to jordan brown or not?
mikecohen
BearBackerinLA;842835022 said:

And I am about done with u.

So BBILA will stop reading the Monster thread, and everybody will be happy
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842835021 said:

Sick of your attitude

i dunno maybe you should start a yoga/meditation practice

trust me, lee & paula are gonna be sick of me too, it's a free country with consequences for misstatements

namaste#
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842835028 said:

Everyone knows about Brown.

really?...that's good to know that the town council is in the loop on this & nobody is gonna be surprised when it's front page news
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842835031 said:

Brown was offered way back. Now shut up.

my suggestion to you is just keep doing what your doing & don't read the monster anymore
SFBearz
Shocky1;842835016 said:

i'm also constantly looking for something interesting but i don't misrepresent what's actually going on with recruiting...but that's ok, everybody should do what makes them happy...maybe you shouldn't read the monster anymore

shocky is humble (kinda like kendrick)#

LOL you have been misrepresenting recruiting from day 1. I'm still waiting for Cal's "monster" class...
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]putting in the work.[/SIZE]

SBGold
BearBackerinLA;842835046 said:

You accuse me one more time I will leave.

Your last several whiny posts are embarrassing and say much more about you than they do about Shocky
SBGold
BearBackerinLA;842835050 said:

I don't like to be falsely accused.

You should take whatever beef you have offline, this is embarrassing
SFBearz
BearBackerinLA;842835056 said:

I apologize. Moving on.

Don't apologize, you should respond to that on here.
south bender
Wasn't the "mis-representing" directed toward the Shockster?
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.