cal's monster class deux

1,379,856 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
everyone needs shooters ...

... and Ty with the assist of the game.

Shocky1;842851650 said:

nba summer league: boston celtics vs utah jazz

jabari bird: 9 points on 3-7 field goals (all 3 pointers) along with a board, an assist, a steal & 2 turnovers in 29 minutes (started)
jaylen brown: dip

tyrone wallace: 3 points on 1-3 field goals & 1-2 free throws along with 4 boards, 2 assists & 2 turnovers in 15 minutes

attack the basket, bird#
Shocky1

what up, darius?

strong fashion choice, you'd better be ******* good

shades of lavender are the new black#:bravo
Shocky1

"everything i'm not made me everything i am"
-jacobi gordon, recognized philosopher & true student athlete

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including houston)
Shocky1

congrats to oakland a's manager bob melvin (played catcher/1st base for the california golden bears back in the day) on his 500th major league baseball as a manger

bob sits a couple of seats down from me on the floor & is a regular at haas on gamedays...we talk about a lot of **** except mlb which i really got no interest in other than my $1m+ wille mays baseball card collection, he told me used to be a +1 handicap at desert mountain in north scottsdale when he coached the arizona diamondbacks until he messed up his back...he's also told me some funny stuff re: the fake staging of a nyc "reality" show with his family when he coached the new york yankees

melvin has been named the national league manager of the year & the american league manager of the year but more importantly he understands the importance of representing at haas on gamedays & celebrating the magic of cal basketball in person

do you got your season tix(s)?...watching cal basketball on tv is for losers:nono:

:gobears:
mikecohen
Shocky1;842851650 said:

nba summer league: boston celtics vs utah jazz

jabari bird: 9 points on 3-7 field goals (all 3 pointers) along with a board, an assist, a steal & 2 turnovers in 29 minutes (started)
jaylen brown: dip

tyrone wallace: 3 points on 1-3 field goals & 1-2 free throws along with 4 boards, 2 assists & 2 turnovers in 15 minutes

attack the basket, bird#

One can find at least several Utah summer league games on YouTube in which Tyrone scored in the 20s and exhibited a lot of very high level NBA-Ready moves, all in his distinct style, and some pretty 3s - A lot more under control than when he was here. Of course, the pro style being so much more open, significantly favors his game.
Shocky1
mike, the utah jazz have only played 2 nba summer league games this year & t-wall has not scored 20 points in any of those games (your probably thinking of his last season's nba development league games for the utah stars which are a notch less in competition due to all the 2017 1st rounders/young roster guys playing in the nba summer league)

but agreed t-wall's explosive multi faceted game is much better suited to the open freestyle pro game than the dealmaker's half court non strategic zero ball movement grind to nowhere
UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842851625 said:

journeyed today the golden circle in iceland, there is growing concern among iceland scientists that the current trend of global warming is melting the island's glaciers at an alarming rate with dire global consequences

don't be a ******* dumb azz (protect the environment)#:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Whoa, Shocky. Now you've done it. There are several on this Board who are convinced that global warming is just a commie-liberal plot to destroy America (your buddy Caltagjohnson being one of them). :crazy
NYCGOBEARS
UrsaMajor;842851699 said:

Whoa, Shocky. Now you've done it. There are several on this Board who are convinced that global warming is just a commie-liberal plot to destroy America (your buddy Caltagjohnson being one of them). :crazy

The former Neo Cons have now embraced Russia. We're just liberal snowflakes now.
Fyght4Cal
NYCGOBEARS;842851701 said:

The former Neo Cons have now embraced Russia. We're just liberal snowflakes now.
White supremacy is a helluva drug.
NYCGOBEARS
Fyght4Cal;842851711 said:

White supremacy is a helluva drug.

Lmao.
UrsaMajor
Funny that. The best drugs are all white: cocaine, meth, pure H, supremacy.
Cal8285
Shocky1;842851622 said:

so cal basketball junkie told me that scott washington is a 6'3" guard that can score at all 3 levels & that he will be entering st john bosco as a 2021 class prospect with a tremendous upside...scott's dad is former cal great chris washington (elementary math school teacher/aau coach) who played with kevin johnson (nba all star/former mayor of sacramento), david butler (investment management in manhattan beach), richard chang (runs costco in taiwan), leonard taylor (undercover cop), jon wheeler (insurance broker in bay area), jeff huling (real estate broker in seattle), eddie javius (educational consultant in fresno), jim beatie (insurance broker in seattle), bart koenitzer (medical supplies in bay area), earnie sears (educator in palmdale), michael taylor (wine distributor owner in bay area) & harmut ortmann (played pro ball 10 years in germany)

50 year decision (the streak)#:gobears:
Chris Washington played a key role in one of my favorite Cal games, even if it wasn't a particularly well played one, the USF game in the OOC portion of Campy's first year, in late 1985, near the beginning of USF's first year off of the self-imposed death penalty. Thanks in part to a T for having too many players on the court (the refs didn't notice until Eddie Javius, who was supposed to be on the court, realized they had six and tried to sneak off), Cal got somewhat hopelessly behind, down 3 win the waning seconds of the game in the last year before the 3 point shot was introduced, so no apparent way to win the game. Chris Washington goes for a layup that would cut the lead to 1 with 1 second left, but that won't win the game. Except USF fouls Washington as he scores. Washington goes to the line to tie the game and misses the FT, game over, Bears lose -- except Leonard Taylor gets a put back tip-in to win the game.

13 years ago, I was talking to a guy at a wedding, and when I found out he was USF's center that year, I wanted to talk to him about that game. He wanted to point out that USF beat Cal the next year at USF. I told him I didn't care about that game because I wasn't there. I later felt bad, because I remembered, oh yeah, I WAS there, I went to the Hilltop to see the game in late 1986 when Cal stunk up the joint and lost, but I blocked it out of my mind. In any event, the center, Peter Reitz, made it clear that he was on the opposite side of Taylor when Washington missed the FT at the end. He also talked about going to the line for a 1 and 1 very late in the game. He was in the zone, he knew he would make the free throws and solidly put the game away. Then USF coach Jim Brovelli yelled at him, "Hey Pete!" Pete looks over. "Make these!!" Pete was taken out of the zone, he missed the front end, and things were only virtually hopeless, not completely hopeless, for Cal, thanks to a stupid foul putting Washington on the line and a fortuitous miss and put back.

Ah, good times.
Shocky1

hiked on glaciers today, a mind boggling experience...iceland used to snow almost all winter, now it's mostly just rainy which is contributing to the reduction in the glacier cap

this is one of the epicenters of climate change, there's literally almost nobody in iceland who doesn't believe this is happening right now, they don't need scientific reports & **** like that to know this

one of the challenges that hinders smart people (i.e. cal grads) is that some think academia research (other people's opinions authored by "experts") is the end all..i trust my feet in the ground & eyes awake to reality, it's kinda like knowing jordan brown is arguably the #2 player in the 2018 class, don't need any rankings to know that, i've watched jordan a couple of times in person

trust your instincts#
Shocky1
what up, matt?

time for new challenges in your life, you've scored 72 points in a game & earned a 3.5 gpa at san bernardino

so now it's off to the wasatch academy with its international & highly competitive combination of athletics & academics, it's gonna be a lot of work...but no worries, not too worried about you winning 50/50 balls when you get to berkeley, you got a ******* relentless motor

yeah your getting to know & hopefully bonding with bryan penn johnson is kinda important to the potential completion of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the road to berkeley is not linear#
Shocky1
what up, bryan?

you would be a highly probable day 1 starter the day you set foot upon the campus at berkeley, that's not gonna happen in tucson, westwood or salt lake city, is that important to you?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for those that want 35+ minutes at the 5 from day 1):buttkick:
blungld
Cal8285;842851741 said:

Chris Washington played a key role in one of my favorite Cal games, even if it wasn't a particularly well played one, the USF game in the OOC portion of Campy's first year, in late 1985, near the beginning of USF's first year off of the self-imposed death penalty. Thanks in part to a T for having too many players on the court (the refs didn't notice until Eddie Javius, who was supposed to be on the court, realized they had six and tried to sneak off), Cal got somewhat hopelessly behind, down 3 win the waning seconds of the game in the last year before the 3 point shot was introduced, so no apparent way to win the game. Chris Washington goes for a layup that would cut the lead to 1 with 1 second left, but that won't win the game. Except USF fouls Washington as he scores. Washington goes to the line to tie the game and misses the FT, game over, Bears lose -- except Leonard Taylor gets a put back tip-in to win the game.

13 years ago, I was talking to a guy at a wedding, and when I found out he was USF's center that year, I wanted to talk to him about that game. He wanted to point out that USF beat Cal the next year at USF. I told him I didn't care about that game because I wasn't there. I later felt bad, because I remembered, oh yeah, I WAS there, I went to the Hilltop to see the game in late 1986 when Cal stunk up the joint and lost, but I blocked it out of my mind. In any event, the center, Peter Reitz, made it clear that he was on the opposite side of Taylor when Washington missed the FT at the end. He also talked about going to the line for a 1 and 1 very late in the game. He was in the zone, he knew he would make the free throws and solidly put the game away. Then USF coach Jim Brovelli yelled at him, "Hey Pete!" Pete looks over. "Make these!!" Pete was taken out of the zone, he missed the front end, and things were only virtually hopeless, not completely hopeless, for Cal, thanks to a stupid foul putting Washington on the line and a fortuitous miss and put back.

Ah, good times.

Wasn't that the game where the refs blew a foot on the arc three point call that decided the game?
caltagjohnson

I am a chemical engineering graduate from Cal. I am capable of analyzing the data and making my own conclusions. I am guessing your only science course was in the eighth grade. You are correct when you say Global Warming is a liberal wealth redistribution program. There is an interesting article on Breitbart today: Greenland had its coldest July day in history and a growing snow pack. They were skiing at Squaw on July 4.
BearlyCareAnymore
caltagjohnson;842851843 said:

I am a chemical engineering graduate from Cal. I am capable of analyzing the data and making my own conclusions. I am guessing your only science course was in the eighth grade. You are correct when you say Global Warming is a liberal wealth redistribution program. There is an interesting article on Breitbart today: Greenland had its coldest July day in history and a growing snow pack. They were skiing at Squaw on July 4.

No decent scientist would argue against global warming by pointing to one day's weather, one season's weather, or one location's weather. It is moronic. My sixth grader understands the concept that global warming is a global trend, not a universal effect that covers every place and time on earth. You are either a complete idiot or a con man using your education to bamboozle people with less scientific training. I'd have more respect for an idiot, but I'm pretty sure you are a con man.
jyamada
OaktownBear;842851847 said:

No decent scientist would argue against global warming by pointing to one day's weather, one season's weather, or one location's weather. It is moronic. My sixth grader understands the concept that global warming is a global trend, not a universal effect that covers every place and time on earth. You are either a complete idiot or a con man using your education to bamboozle people with less scientific training. I'd have more respect for an idiot, but I'm pretty sure you are a con man.

I don't have a lot of respect for someone who reads/quotes Breitbart either.
caltagjohnson
I did not say that my conclusion was based on one day's weather. It is based on looking at so called "scientific" studies. People who know me, know I am far from a con man. If you are relying on the opinion of your sixth grader, you are falling right in line with the army of liberal, non thinkers who advocate distributing america's wealth around the world.
caltagjohnson
Reporting accuracy is far higher with Breitbart than it is with the MSM. You are apparently a liberal who leaves his thinking to CNN and MSNBC. BTW Trump is President, Republicans took the House and Senate
Control most of the governerships and state legislatures. The tenor of the Supreme Court was changed and it is going to change even more. If you see the light, it is not to late to cross over to the Right side. It is more fun to WIN than it is to LOSE. And you guys are doing a lot of losing.
sluggo_Cal
caltagjohnson;842851854 said:

I did not say that my conclusion was based on one day's weather. It is based on looking at so called "scientific" studies. People who know me, know I am far from a con man. If you are relying on the opinion of your sixth grader, you are falling right in line with the army of liberal, non thinkers who advocate distributing america's wealth around the world.

Which scientific studies? What is your critique of them? I found this article about the most cited climate change papers: https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-the-most-cited-climate-change-papers. I would be happy to hear your analysis of any of them. Until then, you are just making stuff up.

Sluggo
stu
caltagjohnson;842851857 said:

If you see the light, it is not to late to cross over to the Right side.

Better hurry. Opponents of our Right side role models (Putin, Erdoğan, Duterte) don't tend to live all that long.

Quote:

It is more fun to WIN than it is to LOSE. And you guys are doing a lot of losing.

Science is certainly losing.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]What are the experts saying about Cal basketball recruiting?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Cal overachieving the most in recruiting...

"In 2018, Jones and his staff have already landed a pair of four-star prospects in combo forward Jacobi Gordon and combo guard Matt Bradley, a tough and athletic scorer who is trending up. When you add in that the Bears are probably the early favorites to land five-star forward Jordan Brown, it's hard not to be impressed with what's happening in Berkeley."

Cal's 2018 recruiting class ranked #10/11 in the nation

"Cal Men's Basketball got a boost this week, as evaluation sites updated their top 100 big boards. Cal commits and targets jumped significantly in their rankings. Cal currently has two commits in the 2018 recruiting class, but with a good amount of scholarships available in the class, the Bears will be going after some big time recruits."

Shocky1
3rd country stop on the monster's cal basketball recruiting trip is gonna be barcelona later today, it's beautiful now in iceland this morning

darius & jacobi, if global warming continues the only creatures that are gonna still be living in houston in the summertime are them nasty blood sucking insects & **** like that

cal basketball never stops moving forward (or ***** up our global footprint)#:nono:
parentswerebears
It is very disturbing to me that winning and losing are being talked about in that way. Governance should not be so black and white. Good governance requires compromise and working together for the common good, or at least that is how I believe our system works best. Liberal and conservative both have it wrong right now, and they are dragging this country down into a place that I don't think we will be able to climb out of.
stu
parentswerebears;842851870 said:

Good governance requires compromise and working together for the common good, or at least that is how I believe our system works best.

Alternatives to meet that end:

[URL="https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/opinion/how-to-make-congress-bipartisan.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region"][COLOR="#0000FF"]NYT op-ed[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.elections.org.nz/voting-system/mmp-voting-system"][COLOR="#0000FF"]NZ MMP system[/COLOR][/URL]
Shocky1
it's a shame that while coach wyking & his staff sleep in their soft azz beds dreaming about peaceful days off at home moving furniture around & **** like that the monster is gonna relentlessly recruit barcelona 24/7

if you wanna find true student athletes with high gpas/length & non stop basketball development motors, you just gotta find them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs 1st, this really isn't that complicated

[video=youtube;-NzXeJVZ908][/video]

recruiting is ******* fun#:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public (#3 overall) university in the world (including espana)
parentswerebears
stu;842851871 said:

Alternatives to meet that end:

[URL="https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/opinion/how-to-make-congress-bipartisan.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region"][COLOR="#0000FF"]NYT op-ed[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.elections.org.nz/voting-system/mmp-voting-system"][COLOR="#0000FF"]NZ MMP system[/COLOR][/URL]

Those are definitely better options than the crap we have now
BearlyCareAnymore
caltagjohnson;842851854 said:

Please tell me then why you are citing skiing at Squaw to bolster your point. No real scientist would make that point. I'm not relying on my sixth grader. I'm pointing out that she knows one season at Squaw is irrelevant to the question.

My background is in evolutionary science and what anyone who has that background knows us the earth's temperature does not fluctuate that much this quickly naturally without a global catastrophe like an asteroid. Doesn't happen. It fluctuates, yes. It can fluctuate that much, yes. But over tens of thousands of years. That matters because plant and animal species can't adapt this fast and they go extinct.

Whether Paris or any other proposal is the right response is a reasonable question. But we can't get there because people like you obfuscate.

By the way, Breitbart knows full well they publish propaganda and lies. They are laughing at their ability to manipulate people like you
caltagjohnson
OaktownBear;842851876 said:

Please tell me then why you are citing skiing at Squaw to bolster your point. No real scientist would make that point. I'm not relying on my sixth grader. I'm pointing out that she knows one season at Squaw is irrelevant to the question.

My background is in evolutionary science and what anyone who has that background knows us the earth's temperature does not fluctuate that much this quickly naturally without a global catastrophe like an asteroid. Doesn't happen. It fluctuates, yes. It can fluctuate that much, yes. But over tens of thousands of years. That matters because plant and animal species can't adapt this fast and they go extinct.

Whether Paris or any other proposal is the right response is a reasonable question. But we can't get there because people like you obfuscate.

By the way, Breitbart knows full well they publish propaganda and lies. They are laughing at their ability to manipulate people like you

I threw the skiing comment in there because those are the kind of comments you get from the Left. Of course that only proves how variable the weather is. Most of your comments make sense. The one about Breitbart does not. The press can only manipulate you if you allow them. If you believe in the herd mentality you are ripe for getting manipulated. The Paris Accord solved nothing. None of these treaties will affect anything except the national wallet. These treaties are negotiated by politicians. The least intelligent species on the earth.
Shocky1
caltagjohnson;842851887 said:

The least intelligent species on the earth.

that would be those people that don't got season tix(s) for cal basketball and/or a dedicated yoga practice

beware the monster#
UrsaMajor

Reporting accuracy is far higher with Breitbart than it is with the MSM.

I see from Infowars that NASA has colony of slave children on Mars and has been creating "aliens" that are roaming the Earth. I presume that you find their reporting accuracy to be topnotch as well.
HoopDreams
youngivee on the shelf today with a sprained ankle, and will miss 3 summer league games

mikecohen

Reporting accuracy is far higher with Breitbart than it is with the MSM. You are apparently a liberal who leaves his thinking to CNN and MSNBC. BTW Trump is President, Republicans took the House and Senate
Control most of the governerships and state legislatures. The tenor of the Supreme Court was changed and it is going to change even more. If you see the light, it is not to late to cross over to the Right side. It is more fun to WIN than it is to LOSE. And you guys are doing a lot of losing.

I assume you subscribe to the Anti-Semitic and racist s**t that appears on Breitbart. Meanwhile, still waiting for some . . . any . . . specifics on your argument with the vast majority of scientists on climate change and its human cause (and the ability of humans to rectify the problem)
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.