richard sherman

4,624 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by calumnus
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i absolutely, positively, totally, conclusively, undeniably hate this hire!!!!39 million dollars to a CB who is approaching 30, with a ruptured achilles tendon on his right foot and a surgical procedure on his left foot. in addition, his 'bad ass" personality may have the effect of causing negative concerns in the locker room. did i mention that I hate this hire???we had a lot of cap space: Now, we have limited cap space as we pursue a variety of players who don't have personality & injury concerns. As a certain announcer would say, "PLEASE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD THING I ALREADY DRINK
ducky23
I love the hire. It's about time we got rid of wyking. Yes the price is a little steep but Sherman will be able to recruit like a madman. We should hire marshawn as his assistant.
Chapman_is_Gone
This is NOT a San Francisco 49er board. Take it elsewhere.
calumnus
ducky23 said:

I love the hire. It's about time we got rid of wyking. Yes the price is a little steep but Sherman will be able to recruit like a madman. We should hire marshawn as his assistant.

Rather than hire Marshawn as his assistant, we should have just hired Marshawn:
1. Marshawn has just as much experience and has taken as many teams to the Final Four.
2. We could land Skittles as a major sponsor.
3. Cal alum over Stanford-besides word is Sherman is looking to jump to Stanford when Haas jumps to his alma materKansas, so why give him the satisfaction?

bearister
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Official Site of the Vegas Raiders. Get your Aldon Smith updates here 4 times a day.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
socaliganbear
helltopay1 said:

i absolutely, positively, totally, conclusively, undeniably hate this hire!!!!39 million dollars to a CB who is approaching 30, with a ruptured achilles tendon on his right foot and a surgical procedure on his left foot. in addition, his 'bad ass" personality may have the effect of causing negative concerns in the locker room. did i mention that I hate this hire???we had a lot of cap space: Now, we have limited cap space as we pursue a variety of players who don't have personality & injury concerns. As a certain announcer would say, "PLEASE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD THING I ALREADY DRINK

100% chance the locker room in Santa Clara is LOVING this hire. It's a win now hire
UCBerkGrad
helltopay1 said:

Breaking down 49ers CB Richard Sherman's new contract

This is a very favorable contract for the Niners. Heavily incentive based. If he turns out to be a dud or misses significant amount of games, he won't be paid much.
helltopay1
just found out that the niners tried to trade for Talib, a CB from Denver. He refused to report to Santa Clara. So, Sherman looks to be a consolation prize.
parentswerebears
Can we get this to the off topic board? This isn't even the football board.
ducky23
UCBerkGrad said:

helltopay1 said:

Breaking down 49ers CB Richard Sherman's new contract

This is a very favorable contract for the Niners. Heavily incentive based. If he turns out to be a dud or misses significant amount of games, he won't be paid much.

Apparently the arrogant furdy represented himself in the negotiations. Hopefully paraag (cal alum) ate his lunch.
GRRAAH
parentswerebears said:

Noner fans are so desperate for relevancy they'll post anywhere to get attention
helltopay1
yeah----those noner fans sure a pain. btw, i'm sure I hit OT when i started this thread. evidently there are quite a few basketball fans who can't chew gum and walk at the same time. go Noners!!!!
UCBerkGrad
Aren't we all nooner fans?
wifeisafurd
parentswerebears said:

that is condemning the thread to a death spiral where the same 10 guys will stroke themselves blaming Trump for Sherman joining the 49rs and calling for Trmp's impeachment.
bearister
wifeisafurd said:

parentswerebears said:

that is condemning the thread to a death spiral where the same 10 guys will stroke themselves blaming Trump for Sherman joining the 49rs and calling for Trmp's impeachment.

IMPEACH! CONVICT! INCARCERATE!*

*Unless at the sentencing hearing the judge elects the execution option under 18 U.S. Code 2381
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
i thought I hit thge OT button; a thousand pardons to all who are offended by this thread. A thousand pardons to all who are truly offended ( very few) and hardly any pardons to those few who are faking being offended.
ColoradoBear
helltopay1 said:

just found out that the niners tried to trade for Talib, a CB from Denver. He refused to report to Santa Clara. So, Sherman looks to be a consolation prize.

Crabtree is relieved it's Sherman not Talib coming to the Bay.

helltopay1
Maybe John Lynch is not the savior everyone was hoping he was: Solomon Thomas??Decent player, but way overpriced as the third player taken in the draft. Reuben Foster??OOPS!!!!Witherspoon??can't tackle!!And now, Richard Sherman??Man--what a letdown.
philbert
Free agency hasn't even officially started and you're already in your Negative Nancy mode? Sheesh.
helltopay1
dear filbert---yes indeed!!!!!almost ALL the 49er targets are signing elsewhere!!!All that cap money---all that momentum---all those good vibes because of Jimmy---net result so far???a 30 CB with two bad feet, an OL who sat out last year with a concussion, and the latest is that they want to ring in a 34 year old WR from GB ( also coming off a serious injury) jesus!!!!That's it!!!!!BOO!!!!!!!!!!Do I smell Jed York being cheap again or is john lynch just in over his head????I'm almost off the bandwagon--this is embarrassing.
BeachedBear
helltopay1 said:

dear filbert---yes indeed!!!!!almost ALL the 49er targets are signing elsewhere!!!All that cap money---all that momentum---all those good vibes because of Jimmy---net result so far???a 30 CB with two bad feet, an OL who sat out last year with a concussion, and the latest is that they want to ring in a 34 year old WR from GB ( also coming off a serious injury) jesus!!!!That's it!!!!!BOO!!!!!!!!!!Do I smell Jed York being cheap again or is john lynch just in over his head????I'm almost off the bandwagon--this is embarrassing.
At the risk of perpetuating the OT rant . . .

I think its Jed York being cheap again. You nailed it. He likes flashy QBs, so paid for Jimmy thinking it will make the fans happy - now its back to cost control. Wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets tired of this and leaves in a season or two.
helltopay1
Dear beached: Desperate people do desperate things. I think the 49ers panicked today because they just paid a one-dimensional running back a ridiculous amount of money to replace hyde. He is now the 4th highest paid running back in the nfl despite being more known for his receiving skills than his running skills. Here's my question: Is he good enough to start over Breida and can he pass protect??This is a luxury pick for a super bowl contender---not a serious building block for a up-and-coming contender.
helltopay1
Dear Chapman: We now know two things about you; You don't like mike Williams and you love giving orders. drill instructor in the marines??
Bear19
Chapman_is_Gone said:

We must not let this topic go without an impassioned plea to fire Wyking Jones.
ColoradoBear
Bear19 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Cuonzo:harbaugh::Wyking:tomsula?
helltopay1
Dear Colorado: after reading your mysterious post, I now understand why some folks are concerned about too much pot being available in colorado.
oskidunker
Sherman and Mr P*****y?
Go Bears!
Chapman_is_Gone
Bear19 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

I have never not once called for Wyking Jones to be fired. All I have said is he should have never been hired. And I've been around a hell out a lot longer than you, Bear19, so get your facts straight.
helltopay1
Dear chapman; Is it fair to say that you are angry??If so, is your anger situational, or long-standing?either way, this is a treatable condition.
philbert
10 NFL free agents who landed in perfect spots

Matt BowenESPN Staff Writer

With the first wave of NFL free agency wrapped up -- and nearly every top player off the board -- let's take a closer look at the players who landed in ideal spots. I'm talking about scheme fit and the ability to help establish a winning culture, not guys who got the most money.
Here are 10 veterans who can make an immediate impact in 2018 after making wise decisions in free agency:

Richard Sherman, CB, San Francisco 49ers
The Achilles injury Sherman suffered last November is tricky for a 30-year-old cornerback, but the 49ers filled a major need with a veteran who is a perfect fit for the defensive scheme. With former Seahawks defensive assistant Robert Saleh running the San Francisco defense, Sherman can step in and play that pattern-match technique outside of the numbers in the three-deep shell.
More importantly, Sherman brings the leadership skill set necessary to create change on the defensive side of the ball. If teams want to build a winning culture, they have to add veteran players who set the bar with their practice habits, preparation and professional approach. Sherman brings that to Kyle Shanahan's team, and it will resonate with the young players on an ascending team.

Jerick McKinnon, RB, San Francisco 49ers
McKinnon's contract, which includes $12 million guaranteed in 2018, caught me by surprise because he has been in a rotational role with the Vikings since being picked in the third round in 2014. Question the contract all you want, but there's no reason to question the fit in Kyle Shanahan's offense given McKinnon's ability as a zone runner and versatility as a receiver in the passing game.
McKinnon caught 94 passes over the past two seasons with the Vikings, and that meshes with Shanahan's system. Run the angle route, burst to the flat, impact the screen game or remove from the formation to beat a linebacker in coverage. Similar to what we saw from Devonta Freeman and Tevin Colemanduring the Falcons' 2016 season when Shanahan was calling plays, McKinnon can be that matchup guy out of the backfield for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
calumnus
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Bear19 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

I have never not once called for Wyking Jones to be fired. All I have said is he should have never been hired. And I've been around a hell out a lot longer than you, Bear19, so get your facts straight.

I think everyone agrees with you on thatlet's make it happen!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.