Marcus Lee to play in Portsmouth Invitational

3,769 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
EricBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
HoopDreams
Lee played well in both games
In the first game he had the fewest minutes but was the second most productive and efficient players
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
A scouting report on Marcus from Portsmouth Invitational.

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/single-post/2018/04/13/Assessing-Jaylen-Barford-Gary-Clark-and-Jo-Lual-Acuil-on-Day-3-of-the-2018-PIT
EricBear
Staff
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/marcus-lee-scouting-report
HoopDreams
both scouting reports were dead on. much too much criticisms of him on cal boards. however I understand it was frustrating watching him sometimes because you can see how good he is, but he was inconsistent and couldn't stay on the floor due to undisciplined fouls and too many turnovers.

concernedparent
HoopDreams said:

both scouting reports were dead on. much too much criticisms of him on cal boards. however I understand it was frustrating watching him sometimes because you can see how good he is, but he was inconsistent and couldn't stay on the floor due to undisciplined fouls and too many turnovers.

The team comp was just not favorable to his skill set. He's a role player at this level and next (yes, I think he's a future NBA player), not a guy you dump the ball off to and expect buckets. He would've tremendously benefited from guards who can run an effective pick and roll, or drive and dish.
EricBear
Staff
sluggo
HoopDreams said:

Not all of us. I said second rounder, will have NBA career. He is and will be a role player, not someone to carry a team run by an incompetent coach and with either inexperienced or poor teammates. Fits nicely into the NBA as a poor man's Clint Capela.

Sluggo
BeachedBear
HoopDreams said:

Are you referring to the criticism once he came to Cal? If so, I agree there was a lot, but most of it was accurate and warranted and summed up pretty well by yourself.

Or, are you referring to the criticism when he chose to go to Kentucky? I agree that was over the top by many on this board at the time.

:gobears
bearister
What I said about him is he has quick feet, good hops and a good touch inside. Very few guys his size can guard him. At Haas Londale was too slow to guard him and spent a lot of time on the bench. He is an NBA player for sure. Viewing the playoffs and how they let you hold players like Klay and Jaylen when they are cutting, Marcus will get in less foul trouble at the next level.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
TheSouseFamily
This was potentially a big opportunity for Marcus If he doesn't get the combine invite which comes out any day. He's probably unlikely to get one of the 60 combine slots but we'll see.

Last year Jabari Bird didn't get a combine invite but turned his Portsmouth performance into getting drafted.

Of the 50 college players drafted last year, all but two had combine invites. Those two players who didn't? Jabari Bird and Sterling Brown, who both played in Portsmouth. Very impressive for Bird to get drafted without a combine performance and he definitely bucked the odds to do so.
concordtom
Marcus Lee not on list of those invited to draft combine:

https://sports.yahoo.com/complete-2018-nba-draft-combine-list-211843026.html
EricBear
Staff
Combine invite (did not perform well) in 2016. No invite in 2018.

concordtom
EricBear said:

Combine invite (did not perform well) in 2016. No invite in 2018.

Oh. Already seen him, measured him.
Been there, done that.

Where is FamilyFirst (Bryan) today, 6 years later?
Wow, that conversation seems like yesterday!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.