Jerome Randle article

2,110 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Richard__Lee
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/jerome-randle-when-nba-dream-is-stolen/#vCubC8Ssa62d2P3b.97

great read written by Jerome....I always thought he was robbed of getting a shot at the NBA personally...that guy could score on anyone. not sure if this was posted before but it was the first time I had read it.
Richard__Lee
MinotStateBeav said:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/jerome-randle-when-nba-dream-is-stolen/#vCubC8Ssa62d2P3b.97

great read written by Jerome....I always thought he was robbed of getting a shot at the NBA personally...that guy could score on anyone. not sure if this was posted before but it was the first time I had read it.

It was posted before, but thank you for posting it again. Randle's agent made a poor decision, and then Randle experienced some bad luck independently. It's not a fair world when Isaiah Thomas, who wasn't as good as Randle in college, gets the opportunity to develop in the NBA with an excellent basketball coach like Brad Stevens and then becomes an All-Star, while Randle doesn't even appear to have gotten any real NBA opportunity at all.

Same goes for guys like Sean Lampley, who had a back-to-the-basket game on offense that should have earned him more of an NBA opportunity than he received.
You can’t spell NCAA without N-C-A-A.
iwantwinners
Are you guys serious? I love love love Randle's game but he is not in the NBA because he's "Five foot nothing, 100 and nothing pounds...". The guy is a straight up liability on defense and his offensive his dynamic quickness is negated by the size and athletic ability of average NBA players.
MinotStateBeav
iwantwinners said:

Are you guys serious? I love love love Randle's game but he is not in the NBA because he's "Five foot nothing, 100 and nothing pounds...". The guy is a straight up liability on defense and his offensive his dynamic quickness is negated by the size and athletic ability of average NBA players.

Isaih Thomas says hi.
bearister
Yeah, and Tony Gonzalez could have played in the NBA. Justin Cobbs could make a more compelling argument.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Richard__Lee
bearister said:

Yeah, and Tony Gonzalez could have played in the NBA. Justin Cobbs could make a more compelling argument.

I liked and appreciated watching Justin Cobbs play for Cal, but he wasn't half the basketball player that Jerome Randle was on offense.
south bender
Randle and Thomas are fundamentally different, other than being short.

Thomas is like a bowling ball, absorbing contact rather than being knocked about by it. Much more agile than Jerome. From what I remember of Jerome, he was not the passer that Thomas was , also.
tsubamoto2001
Randle and Thomas were both scoring PG's. Thomas was a better athlete in terms of leaping and is longer. Neither was much of a defender. Thomas never became much of passer until his junior season.

I think getting drafted (although last) helped Thomas significantly. As did having a coach (Keith Smart) that played him over the 10th pick of the same draft (Jimmer Freddette).

south bender said:

Thomas is like a bowling ball, absorbing contact rather than being knocked about by it. Much more agile than Jerome. From what I remember of Jerome, he was not the passer that Thomas was , also.
Richard__Lee
tsubamoto2001 said:

Randle and Thomas were both scoring PG's. Thomas was a better athlete in terms of leaping and is longer. Neither was much of a defender. Thomas never became much of passer until his junior season.

I think getting drafted (although last) helped Thomas significantly. As did having a coach (Keith Smart) that played him over the 10th pick of the same draft (Jimmer Freddette).

south bender said:

Agreed 100%.

Good post and basketball observations, tsubamato2001, as always.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.