Chauca article

19,287 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chapman_is_Gone
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hmmm, let's see...
Go straight to the NBA and collect millions,
Go to Duke and be mentored by legendary Coach K,
Come to Cal and be led by Ben Braun.

Pretty much, in that order, too.
GMP
Yogi Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

My opinion is that Kidd is obviously qualified, with or without a degree.
He was qualified to play basketball. I haven't seen anything to convince me that he's qualified to coach basketball other than that he's had two jobs doing it, but not particularly well.
He's not been particularly poor, either. In his first season with the Nets, they played pretty well after a poor start (10-21) as of 12/31, to finish 44-38 on the season. That was an old, crappy roster and he got a lot out of it. Then he got traded to Milwaukee, a young strangely assembled group of talent and they were right around .500 in 3 1/2 seasons. I don't think it's fair to say there's nothing to suggest or convince that he's qualified to coach basketball, especially in a step down in competition.

(I'm not advocating his hiring, just noting he's shown me enough that I'd be cautiously optimistic if he was hired in the future)
BearlyCareAnymore
GMP said:

Yogi Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

He was qualified to play basketball. I haven't seen anything to convince me that he's qualified to coach basketball other than that he's had two jobs doing it, but not particularly well.
He's not been particularly poor, either. In his first season with the Nets, they played pretty well after a poor start (10-21) as of 12/31, to finish 44-38 on the season. That was an old, crappy roster and he got a lot out of it. Then he got traded to Milwaukee, a young strangely assembled group of talent and they were right around .500 in 3 1/2 seasons. I don't think it's fair to say there's nothing to suggest or convince that he's qualified to coach basketball, especially in a step down in competition.

(I'm not advocating his hiring, just noting he's shown me enough that I'd be cautiously optimistic if he was hired in the future)
It also wasn't my point. Whether he'd be successful or not, he's clearly qualified to be a basketball coach and I doubt a college degree would make him any more qualified. My point had nothing to do with Kidd as a candidate. It was about arbitrarily requiring a college degree for positions when the person's other experience more than makes up for it. 4 years coaching in the NBA makes him a lot more qualified than a degree in some major that an athlete is pushed into to get through school. Not having a degree shouldn't be a barrier to the job.
GMP
OaktownBear said:

GMP said:

Yogi Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

It also wasn't my point. Whether he'd be successful or not, he's clearly qualified to be a basketball coach and I doubt a college degree would make him any more qualified. My point had nothing to do with Kidd as a candidate. It was about arbitrarily requiring a college degree for positions when the person's other experience more than makes up for it. 4 years coaching in the NBA makes him a lot more qualified than a degree in some major that an athlete is pushed into to get through school. Not having a degree shouldn't be a barrier to the job.
Agreed. It's silly.
oskidunker
kidd likes Chauca?
Go Bears!
Bobodeluxe
oskidunker said:

kidd likes Chauca?
He's quite a bit older, but they are both adults and entitled to their own perfuit of happiness.
petalumabear
Bobodeluxe said:

oskidunker said:

kidd likes Chauca?
He's quite a bit older, but they are both adults and entitled to their own perfuit of happiness.
Parfait of Happiness??
GoldBear98
Amoke was removed from the team for theft. He was also banned from transferring to any other UC as a result of his infractions.
Chapman_is_Gone
GoldBear98 said:

Amoke was removed from the team for theft. He was also banned from transferring to any other UC as a result of his infractions.
GoldBear98,

Do you prefer "Cal," "California," "Berkeley," or "Cal Berkeley"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.