Who's side are you on with Chauca vs. WJ?

21,340 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFCityBear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Close the thread, please.
Go Bears!
Bobodeluxe
It belongs on the premium site.
Big C
oskidunker said:

Close the thread, please.
I tried to kill this thread almost two weeks ago, It's some sort of zombie thread.
Chapman_is_Gone
Hey mods, if you're going to delete reasonable posts on the Chuaca subject, why don't you just delete the entire thread?
oskidunker
What posts were deleted?
Go Bears!
KenBurnski
Chapman made a semi crude post about the BC legal situation.
calumnus
Filipinos love basketballthe PBA is the second oldest pro league in the world. Filipino-Americans dominate and if good you can make more than $10k per month, which is a pretty good lifestyle in the PI.
SFCityBear
calumnus said:

Filipinos love basketballthe PBA is the second oldest pro league in the world. Filipino-Americans dominate and if good you can make more than $10k per month, which is a pretty good lifestyle in the PI.
I grew up in the Haight in the '50s, where there were a lot of talented Filipino players. Their St. Agnes grade school and lightweight teams dominated the CYO league. Many went on to play lightweight high school ball at Lowell, SI, and SH, and many of them were named to high-school all-city teams. They were small, but made up for in it speed, quickness, shooting and dexterity. Many went on to play for many years in the Rec Asian leagues after high school and college. They all had a great love for the game, surpassed by no one.

Several Filipino teammates of mine at Lowell asked me to play for St Agnes in the CYO with them. I was taller than all of them and they said they needed me for rebounding. They were all ball hogs, one-on-one players. They actually made me a better player, because I would never get a shot unless I grabbed a rebound or stole a ball, so I got better at doing those things.

I was disappointed when I saw Brandon Chauca play. My old Filipino teammates at St Agnes could have run rings around him, ball-handling, shooting, and stealing balls. Unless he improves, I think playing pro in the PI or elsewhere is just a dream. We all had dreams.

concordtom
SFCityBear said:

We all had dreams.
Indeed. And only some of them had to do with basketball.
KoreAmBear
SFCityBear said:

calumnus said:

I was disappointed when I saw Brandon Chauca play. My old Filipino teammates at St Agnes could have run rings around him, ball-handling, shooting, and stealing balls. Unless he improves, I think playing pro in the PI or elsewhere is just a dream. We all had dreams.

Uncle Drew the Sequel?

SFCityBear
KoreAmBear said:

SFCityBear said:

calumnus said:

Uncle Drew the Sequel?

Ya gotta love it. I am not in shape to try it, but my Filipino teammates might be. BC had better look out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.