Former ASU / KU Guard Sam Cunliffe to transfer again

2,562 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 59bear
SoFlaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KC Star

Quote:

Cunliffe a 6-foot-6 guard from Seattle who averaged 4.9 minutes and 1.9 points in 15 games in 2017-18 after becoming eligible at the semester saw a guard group of Vick, Quentin Grimes, Devon Dotson, Charlie Moore, Marcus Garrett, K.J. Lawson and Ochai Agbaji and figured minutes might be precious to come by.

"I'm going into my junior year. I feel I'm trying to take this game as far as I can. For me to be able to do that, I don't feel I will be able to show everything I can do on the court just with there being so many guys," Cunliffe said.

Cunliffe started all 10 games played at Arizona State in the fall of 2016. He averaged 25.4 minutes and 9.5 points per game. He had a career-high 23 points versus The Citadel.
So...he's eligible to go anywhere outside the Big 12. He has to sit a year, and could play two more. Would Cal be interested?
joe amos yaks
This is all about him, I hope he ends up at uMontana.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
SoFlaBear
Point taken. He put up solid numbers at ASU and I suspect thought he could be part of a championship at KU. He's 21 now, and has to sit out a year.

A school like Montana could be what he really wants - big fish/small pond. I was thinking abut his Pac 12 experience when I thought of us.
KoreAmBear
SoFlaBear said:

Point taken. He put up solid numbers at ASU and I suspect thought he could be part of a championship at KU. He's 21 now, and has to sit out a year.

A school like Montana could be what he really wants - big fish/small pond. I was thinking abut his Pac 12 experience when I thought of us.
I wouldn't mind a 22-23 year old junior. BYU uses that to their advantage.
59bear
seems headed home...UW.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.