Jordan Brown

5,913 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oskidunker
caltagjohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I went to the UNR Wolfpack opening game last night against BYU. Wolfpack won by 16 pts althoigh it was close for most of the game. Jordan Brown had 1 pt. Played a few minutes in the first half. Not at all in the second half. He is not in the rotation. You can forget that one and done nonsense. He tried to take sone inside shots and got stuffed every time. He lacks quickness and strength. College defenders are a little different from HS. UNR's grad tfransfer, starting center at Old Dominion University, is someone Cal could use,
Big C
As is (however that is), he'd probably still be our best front court player. Dude shoulda come here. Hey, if he leaves before spring semester, he can be eligible for most of our conference season (2019-20).
EricBear
Staff
caltagjohnson said:

I went to the UNR Wolfpack opening game last night against BYU. Wolfpack won by 16 pts althoigh it was close for most of the game. Jordan Brown had 1 pt. Played a few minutes in the first half. Not at all in the second half. He is not in the rotation. You can forget that one and done nonsense. He tried to take sone inside shots and got stuffed every time. He lacks quickness and strength. College defenders are a little different from HS. UNR's grad tfransfer, starting center at Old Dominion University, is someone Cal could use,
Appreciate this update. Heard things weren't going great in preseason practice, as he was preferring to be on the perimeter but they need him down low, where he's less comfortable. Also hearing he may be injured. What are you hearing up there? Thanks.
Gkhoury2325
Well unfortunately the younger Brown did not come to Cal. More playing time. His dad should of committed to Neveda, while we take the younger Brown. Sometimes in life we over play our hand, like the Dad did. Still has plenty of time to get better and hope it works out for the younger Brown.
bearmanpg
Huh??
concordtom
I think he meant that the dad chose the UNR college for the son, and that he made the wrong choice.
So, he's saying that since the dad chose UNR, he should go there, but let the boy change course and come to Berkeley.

Tongue in cheek, because it won't happen.
caltagjohnson
I have since heard that he does not know how to play against a zone defense. Maybe he will be better against a man. Regrdless, UNR is a deep, veteran team and minutes for a freshman will be limited.
concordtom
Yes, if he went to UNR over Cal and does not get major minutes, it's a mistake, to me.

Then again, maybe it's like Marcus Lee favoring Practice over Game minutes.

(And/or Musselman over Jones like Calipari over Montgomery?)
Big C
concordtom said:

I think he meant that the dad chose the UNR college for the son, and that he made the wrong choice.
So, he's saying that since the dad chose UNR, he should go there, but let the boy change course and come to Berkeley.

Tongue in cheek, because it won't happen.
If Marcus Lee could finally end up here, then so can Jordan Brown (but in less time).
stu
Big C said:

If Marcus Lee could finally end up here, then so can Jordan Brown (but in less time).
If this year makes Brown more realistic about his NBA timeline then he might find good reasons to consider Cal.
01Bear
concordtom said:

Yes, if he went to UNR over Cal and does not get major minutes, it's a mistake, to me.

I agree with everything you said except the bit about Calipari over Montgomery. Calipari is the better recruiter who relies on his teams' superior talent to win games. Monty was the superior (pre-game and in-game) strategist and teacher by far.
concordtom
I put the question mark there to instigate commentary, not because I necessarily thought so.

concordtom
Flipping thru to catch Cal vs Yale and I see Jordan and Nevada are playing Pacific.
brown is having a much better first half, though it's halftime and I missed all but the last 10 seconds and the halftime show.
Now to switch and find Cal.
KenBurnski
Let me know if you find it. ESPN is showing the game as being televised at 10:15???
Gkhoury2325
KenBurnski said:

Let me know if you find it. ESPN is showing the game as being televised at 10:15???

It's on ESPN news
KenBurnski
Thanks man. I finally found it.
Gkhoury2325
KenBurnski said:

Thanks man. I finally found it.

Cool
concordtom
Brown had 5 pts on 2-7 FG and 1-5 FT
7 rebs
1 TO
3 balks
21 mins
Vs Pacific

Box: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401083652
oskidunker
Why would Brown come here with Jones as Coach? He would not get the coaching to improve.
Go Bears!
petalumabear
concordtom said:

Brown had 5 pts on 2-7 FG and 1-5 FT
7 rebs
1 TO
3 balks
21 mins
Vs Pacific

Box: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401083652
Its all the BALKS he's piling up that will make a YUGE difference to someone, somewhere.....
caltagjohnson
There is a big difference between BYU and Pacific. Musselman can give Brown minutes agaainst Pacific and not agaianst BYU.
EricBear
Staff
Last three games have been solid. Yes, competition is poor. Just pointing out the numbers.

https://nevadawolfpack.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3680

Last night did all his work in the second half...

https://nevadawolfpack.com/boxscore.aspx?id=7922&path=mbball

More even distribution against Little Rock:

https://nevadawolfpack.com/boxscore.aspx?id=7921&path=mbball

TheSouseFamily
On the topic of "what could have been", the MGT, James Thompson IV of EMU is surprisingly having his worst season in college through 6 games. Both his points (about 8) and his rebounds (about 9) are the lowest levels of his career. Even his FT shorting has tanked. Odd for a Senior. He's always been in double figures in both scoring and rebounding since his freshman year. He also had the unenviable task of going up against Zion Williamson for a game and that didn't go well. That said, he's still a monster and Im sure he'll be back to truer form soon. I still would have loved to have him on the team. Bummed it didn't quite work out. Someone sold him on the notion that EMU would be special this year but they didn't look like a special mid-major when I saw them play. But time will tell.
bluesaxe
concordtom said:

He's what, four games into his freshman year and we know what his PT is going to be for the season? I'm sure he has a lot to learn, but he's also likely to be playing next year too when a lot of the transfers UNR's team is comprised of will be gone.
stu
bluesaxe said:

He's what, four games into his freshman year and we know what his PT is going to be for the season?
After 6 games he's averaging 16 minutes, 6th on the team.
Quote:

I'm sure he has a lot to learn, but he's also likely to be playing next year too when a lot of the transfers UNR's team is comprised of will be gone.
I thought his plan for next year was to play in the NBA.
Big C
TheSouseFamily said:

On the topic of "what could have been", the MGT, James Thompson IV of EMU is surprisingly having his worst season in college through 6 games. Both his points (about 8) and his rebounds (about 9) are the lowest levels of his career. Even his FT shorting has tanked. Odd for a Senior. He's always been in double figures in both scoring and rebounding since his freshman year. He also had the unenviable task of going up against Zion Williamson for a game and that didn't go well. That said, he's still a monster and Im sure he'll be back to truer form soon. I still would have loved to have him on the team. Bummed it didn't quite work out. Someone sold him on the notion that EMU would be special this year but they didn't look like a special mid-major when I saw them play. But time will tell.
Ah, our "MGT" that never "T"ed. I had forgotten the name.
oskidunker
He must not be that good or he would be playing
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.