Obligatory Fire Jones Thread

2,844 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by parentswerebears
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is as bad as I have EVER seen Cal basketball. There were bad points - but we are not just untalented - we are VERY poorly coached. They have no idea what to do out there. We MIGHT win 2 games in the pac-12 just by sheer luck. MIGHT.
KenBurnski
Fire Jones. At least he drinks less bottled water than the last guy.
Northside91
Why fire him? Cal's getting exactly what it wanted and exactly what it deserves.
oskidunker
Patience.
Go Bears!
KoreAmBear
socaltownie said:

This is as bad as I have EVER seen Cal basketball. There were bad points - but we are not just untalented - we are VERY poorly coached. They have no idea what to do out there. We MIGHT win 2 games in the pac-12 just by sheer luck. MIGHT.
Yes, order an Uber and send Wyking and Beau home in one car. This is just so bad.
KoreAmBear
Northside91 said:

Why fire him? Cal's getting exactly what it wanted and exactly what it deserves.
Cal? You mean Mike Williams.
Northside91
Oh, did he get canned for hiring Wyking? Must've missed that.
Strykur
Beat me to it, ****ing embarrassing.
Bear19
Hard to imagine that things could still be as bad as last year, until tonight.
KoreAmBear
Bear19 said:

Hard to imagine that things could still be as bad as last year, until tonight.
KenBurnski
We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain, oo yeah
But love is always coming and love is always going
And no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away
OdontoBear66
I had reasonable restrained hopes for this year. I was watching stats while the WVU-Buffalo game played out and almost NO points were scored for 10 minutes. It came on TV very late and got worse. But the worst thing was looking at how the half court offense played (or did not play as the case may be). Turned off the TV before half time as this was going nowhere. Looked at game progression line when I got up this AM and we never once closed the gap at all. Sad. I have always had BB at Cal right up there with FB. Not now.
KenBurnski
What movie is that clip from? That's not ND is it?
KoreAmBear
KenBurnski said:

What movie is that clip from? That's not ND is it?
It is!
calbear80
socaltownie said:

This exactly what I have been saying for over a year.

It is time to clean the mess Mike WILLIAMS created and get a fresh start.

Go Bears!
parentswerebears
I am now definitely entertaining the possibility that if the isn't getting better as a team, that it's time. I'm still waiting to see how things go, but I'm not hopeful. The team just seems to not be in great hands.

I am starting to lose interest here. Usually I've scouted out the games I can go to by now, but I am not planning on going to any this year. If the product on the court is no better than last year, despite the upgrade in talent, then it's not the players- it's the coaching.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.