Cal +14.5 today at Pauley

1,272 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EricBear
EricBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaab/odds/line-history/1052133
bearister
Well, if our treys drop today and we can get FUCLA to come out of the zone and into man, maybe we can foul out some of their ogres and cover the spread and make some bitcoin. The Bears staff better have someone feeding them Don MacLean's analysis real time so that they can make the appropriate in game adjustments.

Will you be in attendance?

...and in conclusion, how about putting Roman Davis in the game a couple of times as a sacrificial lamb to go strong to the hoop to see if he can draw a foul on a good player? It really bugs me that in years past when the Bears played teams with personnel like we have now, they would get us into foul trouble. Now that we are one of those teams we should be able to do that to other teams.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
EricBear
Staff
Yes, I will be there. Love Pauley. Fond memories.

Our '90 team was the first Cal team ever to win at a Pauley, on the way to being Cal's first NCAA Tournament team since 1960.

Lou had coached MacLean that summer on some overseas junket. They did not get along. In the locker room pregame, Lou came up to me, told me I'd be first off the bench, and when I got in to "hit MacLean as hard as I could, put him on his ass." You bet. I was pumped.

I go in, Don is prancing along the baseline paying no attention, I step out and level him. Total cheapshot. No call. He was furious. *****ed about it the entire game.

We all do our part around here.

Sorry if I've told that one before, but I get fired up about it every time we play at UCLA.

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
EricBear said:

Our '90 team was the first Cal team ever to win at a Pauley, on the way to being Cal's first NCAA Tournament team since 1960.

Lou had coached MacLean that summer on some overseas junket. They did not get along. In the locker room pregame, Lou came up to me, told me I'd be first off the bench, and when I got in to "hit MacLean as hard as I could, put him on his ass." You bet. I was pumped.

I go in, Don is prancing along the baseline paying no attention, I step out and level him. Total cheapshot. No call. He was furious. *****ed about it the entire game.

Sorry if I've told that one before, but I get fired up about it every time we play at UCLA.

Go Bears!
Great story, and I'll remember it every time I see his smug face
bearister
Eric, go up and woof on Don pre game. You look like you are in better shape than he is anyway in case things turn ugly.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Fyght4Cal
I hated Don McClean as a player. But I love him as a color man. I consider that growth.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
EricBear
Staff
Fyght4Cal said:

I hated Don McClean as a player. But I love him as a color man. I consider that growth.

Same.
Fyght4Cal
EricBear said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Same.
LOL!
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Big C
EricBear said:

Go Bears!
Haven't heard that one before, though you may have alluded to it. Keep the anecdotes coming. Do you and McLean cross paths these days every so often?
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Haven't beaten UCLA in LA since 2012.
EricBear
Staff
Blue uniforms today.
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Premium subscribers: go to Haas Pavilion for news on major lineup changes.
HoopDreams
EricBear said:

is that a video screen sign in Pauley?

if so, pretty cool. would be a nice touch for Haas, and wouldn't cost a lot
EricBear
Staff
Yes it is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.