OSU beats Ducks in Eugene

1,189 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoopDreams
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone see this coming?

Any good teams in the Pac this year?
calbear80
Good. Never liked sleazy Altman.

Bad. Now one team (OSU) that we maybe had a chance to finish ahead of is 1-0. while we are 0-2.

Go Bears!
oskidunker
Bol bol gone makes them a very average team.
Go Bears!
calbearinamaze
Wooten also out.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Kenny-Wooten-Oregon-Basketball-Jaw-126904822/

HoopDreams
Agree

With Bol Bol out (a special and unique talent) and wooten also out the ducks got their wings clipped

Still a good team

But I expected OSU to be good this year with two talents who are now both juniors and healthy

If their center had not made the bad decision to go pro last year, OSU would be very strong. Without him they are dangerous
joe amos yaks
Go Beavs!
They put the Ducks' and fans in a big pout.
The loss of young Bol is unfortunate.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
Beaverdreams2
If my Beavers don't at least go to NIT this season, Tinkle will be on the hot seat. If he can't win with a team finally loaded with veterans and a 7 foot center that leads the nation in blocks (Kyler Kelly), then there will be a lot of unhappy Beaver fans, including myself. Not sure why they were picked so low, but make no mistake, this is a solid Beaver squad, on paper anyhow. And most would say we are better with out Drew Eubanks anyhow, who was a fouling machine.....not the brightest, or smartest player upstairs.....
bearister
oskidunker said:

Bol bol gone makes them a very average team.

Make that average average.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbearinamaze
Beaverdreams2 said:

If my Beavers don't at least go to NIT this season, Tinkle will be on the hot seat. If he can't win with a team finally loaded with veterans and a 7 foot center that leads the nation in blocks (Kyler Kelly), then there will be a lot of unhappy Beaver fans, including myself. Not sure why they were picked so low, but make no mistake, this is a solid Beaver squad, on paper anyhow. And most would say we are better with out Drew Eubanks anyhow, who was a fouling machine.....not the brightest, or smartest player upstairs.....
kelly has a great back-story. Good for him.
HoopDreams
Beaverdreams2 said:

surprised to hear that osu fans didn't think too much about Eubanks.
actually he never had a good game vs Cal, but I thought that was mostly because of our strong post defense with Ivan, King, and Lee.

I think Tinkle is a star, and this year he's healthy. I also like the Thompson brothers.

My impression is Tinkle senior is a good coach, but his teams seem to underperform given the talent, so I don't know.

Can you tell us anything about your new 7 footer?

p.s. I was kinda curious how the match up between Bol Bol and Vanover would have been since they were on the same team together (Bol Bol got the vast majority of game minutes over Vanover, but I would think they went up against each other a lot in practice)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.