Tom Thibodeau

1,587 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ducky23
sheki
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always thought that Thibs would be a better college coach than in the NBA. Would love to see him lead our team. He has interesting ties to Hoiberg who heads UCLAs shortlist.
KoreAmBear
sheki said:

I always thought that Thibs would be a better college coach than in the NBA. Would love to see him lead our team. He has interesting ties to Hoiberg who heads UCLAs shortlist.
He is a basketball junkie. I wouldn't mind getting an ex-NBA coach like that.

I just want good coaching from someone who knows what he's doing due to experience and countless hours of preparation. Wyking seems to be a good guy and likable, but he's just out of his league. He's raised the talent level of the team, although the roster imbalance is disconcerting. Next guy should be a guy that is turnkey and ready to coach everyone up. No more cutting teeth here. I mean just going from Braun to Montgomery (in terms of coaching not necessarily recruiting) was a joy. I want that similar jump, and probably would be more of a quantum leap. Hopefully everyone is convinced to stay and that when most of the kids are juniors and seniors, they will be able to do special things. This is the hope anyway.
joe amos yaks
Is he connected to Saint Marys?
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
UrsaMajor
TT's reputation is that he's too intense and "old school." I don't know how that translates to college today.
bearister
joe amos yaks said:

Is he connected to Saint Marys?

Are you thinking of this guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thibeaux
randythebear
How about bringing Jason Kidd back as the Cal Men's Basketball Head Coach?
BeachedBear
KoreAmBear said:

sheki said:

He is a basketball junkie. I wouldn't mind getting an ex-NBA coach like that.

I just want good coaching from someone who knows what he's doing due to experience and countless hours of preparation. Wyking seems to be a good guy and likable, but he's just out of his league. He's raised the talent level of the team, although the roster imbalance is disconcerting. Next guy should be a guy that is turnkey and ready to coach everyone up. No more cutting teeth here. I mean just going from Braun to Montgomery (in terms of coaching not necessarily recruiting) was a joy. I want that similar jump, and probably would be more of a quantum leap. Hopefully everyone is convinced to stay and that when most of the kids are juniors and seniors, they will be able to do special things. This is the hope anyway.
There are lots of aspects of D1 coaching that don't exist in the NBA, but are crucial to a college program. Recruting, donor relations, university relations, etc. Not sure a basketball junkie would want that are be able to deal with it.
ducky23
Dude is the Jim harbaugh of b-ball, without quite the success. His act wears thin really quick.

There's no doubt the guy knows b-ball, my question is why would any kid willingly choose to play for the guy. So I think recruiting would be an enormous challenge, even more so than with Monty

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.