Inexperience Is Invalid Excuse: WSU Used 6 First Year Players To Beat Us By 20+.

3,050 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by parentswerebears
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calbear80
calbear70
When is this going to stop?Wyking Jones has no concept of how to run a division one program. He just lost to the second worse team in the PAC 12. Fire him NOW!!!
EricBear
Staff
Calbear80/70: do you really have to start a thread just to talk to yourself?
GRRAAH
EricBear said:

It's pretty clear based on grammar and frequency of posting this guy is a teenager sitting in a basement somewhere. Probably has two IPs to post under 70 and 80. Sad.

Eric, I thought you had ignored it like many of us?
EricBear
Staff
Yes, I have him (80/70) on ignore. So I don't know what he's saying.

But I found it hysterical that he started a thread as "80" then posted as "70" as if it were an actual dialogue. Just go upstairs and talk to mom about this stuff.
BeachedBear
Isn't the interwebz great!
Yogi58
EricBear said:

As someone who uses game threads to talk to himself, you really shouldn't go down this road
SFCityBear
calbear80 said:

Some of the apologist use lack of experience as a excuse for the MBB's horrible losing situatiin.

Well, WSU used six first year players (three in their starting five) to beat us by 20+ points last night. Yes, the second worst team in the nation (major conferences) had six first year players and still beat us by 20+.

So, lack of experience is not a valid excuse for MBB team's losing game after game.

Go Bears!
So you forgive lack of experience in a player, but not in a coach?
SFCityBear
Yogi58
SFCityBear said:

calbear80 said:

Some of the apologist use lack of experience as a excuse for the MBB's horrible losing situatiin.

Well, WSU used six first year players (three in their starting five) to beat us by 20+ points last night. Yes, the second worst team in the nation (major conferences) had six first year players and still beat us by 20+.

So, lack of experience is not a valid excuse for MBB team's losing game after game.

Go Bears!
Of course. What a dumb question.
socaliganbear
Dirks was in the process of being run out of California Hall.
southseasbear
socaliganbear said:

Dirks was in the process of being run out of California Hall.
Through his $9,000 escape tunnel.

http://www.dailycal.org/2016/07/29/campus-builds-escape-hatch-for-dirks-office-in-california-hall/
parentswerebears
Yogi Bear said:

EricBear said:

As someone who uses game threads to talk to himself, you really shouldn't go down this road

The difference is that Eric is talking to himself because we have all deserted him, not because he is a troll.
EricBear
Staff
parentswerebears said:

Yogi Bear said:

EricBear said:

The difference is that Eric is talking to himself because we have all deserted him, not because he is a troll.

Seriously.
bearister
Your commentary is much appreciated, Eric.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
EricBear
Staff
Appreciated. And I have no problem with being abandoned. I get it.
Yogi58
parentswerebears said:

Yogi Bear said:

EricBear said:

Clearly you guys don't know what a real troll is. You just don't like the quantity of the messages.
Cal8285
EricBear said:

And, of course, it isn't you who is being abandoned, even in a certain thread it may appear that way. Appreciate all you have to offer.
parentswerebears
EricBear said:

I really appreciate having you here. You are thread to the idea that Calbasketball could be goood when every other thread is unraveling or being cut.

Thank you.
calumnus
SFCityBear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

Essentially, yes. The players are amateurs, the coaches are highly paid professionals. In the college game you are always going to have inexperienced players. Hopefully you have good class balance so the number of "rookie mistakes" per game/season can be minimized. However, because of the built in turnover in the college game, you are always going to have players with little game experience at this level.

There is no need to hire or retain an inexperienced head coach. The PAC-12 is generally not the level to be learning how to be a head coach and learning from your mistakes. You learn that at a lower level and advance. Now, maybe you take the chance with the top assistant to a great coach who is also a great recruiter....

Now of course we "forgive" him for being inexperienced...doesn't mean he should still have the job, which pays more than a $1miliion per year because it requires experience and/or results.
parentswerebears
Yogi Bear said:

parentswerebears said:

Yogi Bear said:

EricBear said:

Clearly you guys don't know what a real troll is. You just don't like the quantity of the messages.

That is a troll tactic.
Definition of a troll I found:

"A social media troll, by definition, is someone who creates conflict on sites like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit by posting messages that are particularly controversial or inflammatory with the sole intent of provoking an emotional (read: angry) response from other users. These messages are often distracting and take focus away from the subject at hand, sending a rational discussion down a rabbit hole of obscenities, personal attacks and jokes about your mom"

Yeah, there are many parts of 70/80 that are troll behavior, but it is inflammatory and is there to repeatedly provoke emotional responses.

In my mind, someone trying to troll you on a board such as this throws out a bunch of spammy posts that are basically drivel that waste your time as you kind of go down a rabbit hole talking about how annoying that poster is. As I m writing this, I realize that is a part of the above definition of a troll. So actually I do know what a troll is and am using it correctly. 70/80, a troll. Shocky, a troll. That guy who I remember as Jesse Wildcat, but can't remember who he actually was here, troll.
parentswerebears
Heck. I can even be a bit of a troll on occasion...
HoopDreams
no one is abandoning eric
parentswerebears
HoopDreams said:

no one is abandoning eric

It was hyperbolic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.