Lets up the buyout in context

3 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by UCBerkGrad
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First, lets flat out note that Mike Williams giving a FIRST TIME HC a 5 year deal is criminally dumb. PERHAPS 4 years. More likely 3 with some sort of auto renewal/extension if milestones.

But we are where we are.

But lets be clear, we are paying at LEAST a 1 million dollar buy out and, worse case, a 2 million dollar buy out after next year. So really it ain't 3...it is 1 or 2 million MORE. Given the fall off in season tixs and chair back donations it is money well spent.
Yogi58
socaltownie said:

First, lets flat out note that Mike Williams giving a FIRST TIME HC a 5 year deal is criminally dumb. PERHAPS 4 years. More likely 3 with some sort of auto renewal/extension if milestones.

But we are where we are.

But lets be clear, we are paying at LEAST a 1 million dollar buy out and, worse case, a 2 million dollar buy out after next year. So really it ain't 3...it is 1 or 2 million MORE. Given the fall off in season tixs and chair back donations it is money well spent.
bearister
The only inaccuracy in this story is that it fails to mention Cuonzo's Fiji Water fee.
https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Contract-details-for-Cal-mens-basketball-coach-Wyking-Jones-released-74910174/

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
UCBerkGrad
socaltownie said:

But we are where we are.

It could be $10 million and it would be money well spent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.