Please Monte come back!

1,648 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calumnus
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just for a few months as an interim coach please you'll be doing Cal fans and Cal the University a great great service and we already love you and will love you even more if you can do this for us and Surely our esteemed AD will put a few hundred thousand dollars in your pocket as a gesture of appreciation.
Grandours
This would be great. Maybe Jones could be reassigned in the athletic department. The search for the new coach could officially begin.
75bear
Why would Monty want to? It would be great if he did, but I can't imagine him wanting to deal with the aggravation. He has a pretty good gig right now.
calbear80
75bear said:

Why would Monty want to? It would be great if he did, but I can't imagine him wanting to deal with the aggravation. He has a pretty good gig right now.

From what I understand, Monty loved coaching in college and was very good at it. Recruiting... not so much!

If Monty comes back as an interm coach for the remainder of the season, he can do what he loves doing without the recruiting pressure. And, anything he does would be an improvement over the current 0-6 Pac-12 record. Also, Pac-12 is so very weak that a good interim coach could somehow manage to win 3 or 4 of the remaining 12 conference games.

Go Bears!

P.S. About Monty, remember, once a coach, always a coach. Have you ever heard the one that says, "What does the mailman do on his day off ... He goes for a walk".
OneTopOneChickenApple
calbear80 said:

75bear said:

From what I understand, Monty loved coaching in college and was very good at it. Recruiting... not so much!

If Monty comes back as an interm coach for the remainder of the season, he can do what he loves doing without the recruiting pressure. And, anything he does would be an improvement over the current 0-6 Pac-12 record. Also, Pac-12 is so very weak that a good interim coach could somehow manage to win 3 or 4 of the remaining 12 conference games.

Go Bears!

P.S. About Monty, remember, once a coach, always a coach. Have you ever heard the one that says, "What does the mailman do on his day off ... He goes for a walk".
Any coach who takes over in mid-season will have to recruit. It is a year-round job. Also has to assemble coaching assistants, so not as simple as replacing the head coach.
calumnus
OneTopOneChickenApple said:

calbear80 said:

75bear said:

Go Bears!

Any coach who takes over in mid-season will have to recruit. It is a year-round job. Also has to assemble coaching assistants, so not as simple as replacing the head coach.

We might have players transfer out too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.