Will Tomorrow Be The Day After The 5-33 Record (13% Winning Percentage)?

13,765 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Yogi58
BeachedBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Can someone please check Jim Knowlton's calendar for Thursday March 14 and report back?

Go Bears!
Either tomorrow is Fire Wyking Day or tomorrow is Fire Jim Knowlton Day. There are no other acceptable alternatives. There is no reason to wait. Either he's done his prep work and will do the right thing or he'll do the Cal thing and I will continue ignoring the basketball program until they give me a reason to give a **** about it.
I don't think any news coming out about any teams for a few days. Pac ADs and Presidents meetings through the rest of the week. Expect next week all hell to break loose for a lot of the conference.

Also, if ASU wins the conference tourney, look for Hurley to go fishing in a bigger pond.

Possible there could be 5 or 6 job changes in the next month or so IMO.
To Yogi's timing: I hope that the AD waits more than two days and announces a replacement! Unless Monty is coming out of retirement, an announcement in two days would mean: coach fired, looking for help. That is not the best methodology for Cal's situation.

To WIAF: In total agreement about half of the coaches in P12 turning over. Scandals, poor performance or greener pastures - which coaches are locks to return? Hopkins at UW, Tinkle at OSU, Boyle at CU, maybe K at Utah, if Kuzma payola doesn't blow up in his face. That's 4 of 12.
oskidunker
Lets see when fucla announces. I am betting before anyone else.
Go Bears!
BearlyCareAnymore
RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Can someone please check Jim Knowlton's calendar for Thursday March 14 and report back?

Go Bears!
Either tomorrow is Fire Wyking Day or tomorrow is Fire Jim Knowlton Day. There are no other acceptable alternatives. There is no reason to wait. Either he's done his prep work and will do the right thing or he'll do the Cal thing and I will continue ignoring the basketball program until they give me a reason to give a **** about it.
My guess is that the unacceptable alternative will occur. And as a result you probably will ignore Cal basketball. And in reality, no one will give a **** about that.

With that attitude you'll find yourself the last guy in the room yelling at the second to last guy as he leaves "Fine. Go! Nobody here gives a damn!"
Alkiadt
BeachedBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
I don't think any news coming out about any teams for a few days. Pac ADs and Presidents meetings through the rest of the week. Expect next week all hell to break loose for a lot of the conference.

Also, if ASU wins the conference tourney, look for Hurley to go fishing in a bigger pond.

Possible there could be 5 or 6 job changes in the next month or so IMO.
To Yogi's timing: I hope that the AD waits more than two days and announces a replacement! Unless Monty is coming out of retirement, an announcement in two days would mean: coach fired, looking for help. That is not the best methodology for Cal's situation.

To WIAF: In total agreement about half of the coaches in P12 turning over. Scandals, poor performance or greener pastures - which coaches are locks to return? Hopkins at UW, Tinkle at OSU, Boyle at CU, maybe K at Utah, if Kuzma payola doesn't blow up in his face. That's 4 of 12.

Luke Walton has to be #1 on the list for Arizona....
RedlessWardrobe
OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
My guess is that the unacceptable alternative will occur. And as a result you probably will ignore Cal basketball. And in reality, no one will give a **** about that.

With that attitude you'll find yourself the last guy in the room yelling at the second to last guy as he leaves "Fine. Go! Nobody here gives a damn!"
Interesting. I didn't know you had the inside track on the court of public opinion (Although I can see where you may conclude one) Maybe there are a few posters like myself that get a little tired of the type of attitude that Yogi exhibits. Just a little over the top. Sorry, if he can't take Cal having a couple of lousy seasons, than good riddens to him, he's just not that important.
oskioski
RedlessWardrobe said:

OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

Interesting. I didn't know you had the inside track on the court of public opinion (Although I can see where you may conclude one) Maybe there are a few posters like myself that get a little tired of the type of attitude that Yogi exhibits. Just a little over the top. Sorry, if he can't take Cal having a couple of lousy seasons, than good riddens to him, he's just not that important.
i think oaktownbear may have misread your message, because i bet you guys actually agree on this.

not many people, other than those like him, like yogi.
RedlessWardrobe
oskioski said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

i think oaktownbear may have misread your message, because i bet you guys actually agree on this.

I don't dislike him. But whether or not he quits being a Cal basketball fan is completely irrelevant to me. Just wanted him to know that myself (and my guess, most people) do not care.
BeachedBear
oskioski said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

I'm more of a Boo Boo Booster
Yogi58
RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
They'll certainly give a **** about all the other people who join me and don't buy tickets or make donations.
Yogi58
RedlessWardrobe said:

than good riddens to him, he's just not that important.
LOL
Yogi58
oskioski said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

Maybe I should be the one to do the psych evaluation on you. You're positively obsessed with me now.
Civil Bear
Yogi Bear said:

They'll certainly give a **** about all the other people who join me and don't buy tickets or make donations.
LOL, when's the last time you bought tickets?
oskioski
Yogi Bear said:

oskioski said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

OaktownBear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

Maybe I should be the one to do the psych evaluation on you. You're positively obsessed with me now.
that's pretty rich coming from a guy who sent me an unsolicited, creepy private message at 2:30 in the morning...
oskidunker
No one really knows what season ticket holders will do if Jones will be retained. Based on the decreased attendance from last year of 2,000, there is an indication more might bail.

I am a 33 year season ticket holder as are the folks that sit with me.. no one is planning to renew if Jones is back. It's a small sample but if long time people are giving up, what about people that have season tickets for a few years? They are probably not as committed and thus more likely to not renew. This is all guess work.

Knowlton May have a better idea from all the letters he has received plus the 400 that signed the petition. But then just because you signed the petition doesn't mean you won't renew.

We will see.
Go Bears!
cal83dls79
K'kacuing , but apparently i am an an idiot
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
Alkiadt
Civil Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

I believe he's proud of not attending games or donating.
Northside91
Alkiadt said:

Civil Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

I believe he's proud of not attending games or donating.

Some people just aren't keen on wasting their time watching garbage basketball and investing money in lost causes. I know, crazy, right?
Alkiadt
lol
prospeCt

Northside91
Alkiadt said:

His M.O. long before this regime.

As opposed to the M.O. of those who ceaselessly look for a silver lining as the program plunges to new depths? What's worse for Cal right now: curmudgeonly fans or fans who celebrate failure?
Alkiadt
Ok a fan.
A non season ticket holder or non donor just isn't relevant to this conversation about a buyout because they don't impact anything. Losing them wil impact something, but people chiming in here who aren't and have never been mean zero.
Northside91
Alkiadt said:

Ok a fan.
A non season ticket holder or non donor just isn't relevant to this conversation about a buyout because they don't impact anything.

How about people who held season tickets for multiple sports and donated in the five figure range for, say, 25+ years but stopped based on on the regular poor performance of revenue sports and the AD's seeming ambivalence in the face of it? Would you say people fitting that profile are "relevant" to this conversation? Technically, they aren't season ticket holders or donors anymore, so I suppose the answer is no, right?
Alkiadt
Northside91 said:

Alkiadt said:

Ok a fan.
A non season ticket holder or non donor just isn't relevant to this conversation about a buyout because they don't impact anything.

How about people who held season tickets for multiple sports and donated in the five figure range for, say, 25+ years but stopped based on on the regular poor performance of revenue sports and the AD's seeming ambivalence in the face of it? Would you say people fitting that profile are "relevant" to this conversation? Technically, they aren't season ticket holders or donors anymore, so I suppose the answer is no, right?

My posts are about a specific prolific poster here.
Follow the thread.
Northside91
Alkiadt said:

Northside91 said:

Alkiadt said:

Ok a fan.

Follow the thread.

Oh, I see. These forums are about pursuing personal vendettas against individual posters, not discussing broader issues regarding Cal athletics. In that case, carry on.
Alkiadt
Northside91 said:

Alkiadt said:

Northside91 said:

Alkiadt said:

Ok a fan.

Follow the thread.

Oh, I see. These forums are about pursuing personal vendettas against individual posters, not discussing broader issues regarding Cal athletics. In that case, carry on.

It's the internet. Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one.
And season tickets/donations and buyouts are the topics that are part of your broader Cal sports discussion
cal83dls79
Interesting, I benefit from lack of short term memory, I confuse barrister, burnski, helltopay, concortyokn bearacus etc but it would be interesting if posts were anonymous . I actually prefer not to build up personal bias in favor of good stuff. We all want the same result I think. Kicking ass
calbear80
WSU made a decision.

Mr. Jim Knowlton, you are up to bat.

Go Bears!
cal83dls79
I think to yogis point, it would happen today or not . I tend to agree. I mean why wait?
cal83dls79
RedlessWardrobe said:

Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
I fear the same. I think the sad part is that our team will be marginally better next year (thank god). We won't be anywhere near protecting the home court and winning 1/2 the road games but enuf to keep mediocrity alive and well. This discussion won't go away. Did I say mediocrity? No, that's too lofty a goal.
calbearinamaze
cal83dls79 said:

Interesting, I benefit from lack of short term memory, I confuse barrister, burnski, helltopay, concortyokn bearacus etc but it would be interesting if posts were anonymous . I actually prefer not to build up personal bias in favor of good stuff. We all want the same result I think. Kicking ass
Posts are semi-anonymous in that the mods have personal info on us AND, perhaps with
one or two exceptions, our onlne "names" are only labels.

But I think you're saying that posts should not be labele => only the content is shown.

Interesting concept
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
cal83dls79
Ok concept but many of these guys have big tells..then it would be on like donkey Kong
BeachedBear
Alkiadt said:

It's the internet. Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one.
And season tickets/donations and buyouts are the topics that are part of your broader Cal sports discussion
I think a handful of contributors here count for TWO.
calbearinamaze
cal83dls79 said:

Ok concept but many of these guys have big tells..then it would be on like donkey Kong
lol.........I agree with that big-time.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
wifeisafurd
calbear80 said:

Does anyone know if Jim Knowlton is on campus today?
NO he is not. then again, the WSU wasn't on his campus either.
cal83dls79
Still looking for your tell

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.