Matt Bradley reminds me of the great...

2,490 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
m2bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon basketball player... Ron Lee

Anyone remember Ron Lee ?

Amiright ?
Grandours
How about Lance Corporal Harold Dawson from A Few Hood Men. I wasn't able to get a picture posted but maybe one of you tech savvy folks can if you agree.
Alkiadt
m2bear said:

Amiright ?

Ron Lee was an elite defender.

Bradley is not.
bearister
This is an example of unlawful Game Thread Jumping.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
m2bear
Alkiadt said:

m2bear said:

Amiright ?

Bradley is not.
I always remember Ron Lee being an incredible scorer, He still holds the record for points at Oregon.

He has a thick build and shoots left-handed just like Bradley. Even the numbers are similar 20 and 30,
Big C
Based on their similar build, Ron Lee was the first guy I thought of last year, when I saw Bradley. Two guys you want to have on your side.
stu
I remember the Cal fans applauding Ron Lee after his last appearance at Harmon because he was a class act.
concordtom
I thought of Joe Shipp tonight at the game.
Pigskin Pete
Grandours said:

How about Lance Corporal Harold Dawson from A Few Hood Men. I wasn't able to get a picture posted but maybe one of you tech savvy folks can if you agree.
KoreAmBear
Ten hut there's an officer on deck.

59bear
Alkiadt said:

m2bear said:

Amiright ?

Bradley is not.
I remember Lee as a great defender who could score but I think Bradley is a much better perimeter shooter.
SFCityBear
The classmate who I shared season tickets with for years feels that the player we saw who Bradley most resembles is Russ Gumina, ex-USF and Sacred Heart high school. Played at USF from 1963-66.We affectionately called him Gummy, and booed him when he played against Cal. A 6-2 guard, very muscular and physical player, extremely aggressive on both ends. Ready to fight anyone. I remember one time he went to the bench (some old wooden chairs) either pulled by the coach or tossed by the ref, and he was so mad, he slapped the empty chair next to him once and busted it to pieces. Gummy drove to the basket hard, but Bradley probably finishes better. there was no three point line in those days, so Gummy never took 24 footers, but he could shoot OK, averaging 14 points or so. Shot about 46%. Bradley probably the better shooter.
bearister
...since we are in the Way Back Machine, he also shows flickers of Patches O' Houlihan.

82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

...since we are in the Way Back Machine, he also shows flickers of Patches O' Houlihan.

Oh God...best line in movie history..."if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball".
SFCityBear
bearister said:

You da man, bearister, and you always will be!
bearister
Thank you, kind Sir, and I will once again look forward to your knowledgeable post game analysis this season!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.