Don Coleman vs Pikesvilke

2,225 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At Southern Alabama. Scored 7 points in 24 minutes. They beat Pikeville by 30 RECAP
LATE FIRST HALF RUN KEYS BIG WIN OVER PIKEVILLE
NOV 6, 2019
The University of South Alabama men's basketball team finished the first half with a 17-4 scoring burst to break open a close game and cruised to an 82-51 season-opening win over Pikeville Wednesday night at the Mitchell Center"

Ill take Joel Brown

Go Bears!
Big C
I'll take Joel Brown, too, but I gotta say, Coleman played hard and played with heart... and he was gracious to my young son and I once, at halftime. One of those guys where, okay, him leaving was for the best, but I wish him well.
HoopDreams
We he's off to a poor start

In three games shooting 33% fg
Pigskin Pete
Big C said:

I'll take Joel Brown, too, but I gotta say, Coleman played hard and played with heart... and he was gracious to my young son and I once, at halftime. One of those guys where, okay, him leaving was for the best, but I wish him well.
Not being a good D1 basketball player doesn't preclude one from being a nice person. I'm sure he has many fine qualities. But I would never want him getting major minutes on my basketball team.
oski003
I wouldn't mind him being a guy to generate offense when the starters were on the bench.
R90
Against the better defensive teams you often need an athletic guy who can make his own scoring opportunities. Remember when Colman scored 35 against #6 Wichita State?

In all my years of watching Cal basketball, I've never seen another player so willing to sacrifice his body on drives to the bucket, and he was capable of making long 3s:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=21493556&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

In some games he's best as a role player. In others, he needed to be our top scorer because of his ability to create his own shots. A failure to understand that by our coaching staff doomed our 2017-18 season, IMO.
It's all just entertainment, so find a way to enjoy it.
The refs are there to feed your hatred addiction and keep the games close.
Pigskin Pete
R90 said:

Against the better defensive teams you often need an athletic guy who can make his own scoring opportunities. Remember when Colman scored 35 against #6 Wichita State?
The sun occasionally shines on a dog's ass. That game was luck, not ability.
calbearinamaze
HoopDreams said:

UPDATE

After 5 games, he's shooting 35.9% overall, 23.1% from three, and 33.3% from the line.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
SFCityBear
bearup said:

HoopDreams said:

UPDATE

After 5 games, he's shooting 35.9% overall, 23.1% from three, and 33.3% from the line.

Sad. Those first 5 games in 2017 were the highlight of his career, and he fell back to earth after that, and hasn't recovered. He scored 31, 30, 16, 35, 21 points. His game vs Wichita was most impressive: 35 points, 42% on twos, 68% on threes, and 88% on free throws. With a good point guard and a good coach, maybe he could have become a player. But I guess that is true for many players.
calbearinamaze
SFCityBear said:

bearup said:

HoopDreams said:

UPDATE

Sad. Those first 5 games in 2017 were the highlight of his career, and he fell back to earth after that, and hasn't recovered. He scored 31, 30, 16, 35, 21 points. His game vs Wichita was most impressive: 35 points, 42% on twos, 68% on threes, and 88% on free throws. With a good point guard and a good coach, maybe he could have become a player. But I guess that is true for many players.
FWIW: it is sad.....to the extent I know anything except remembering him.... and the numbers

On that note, I'll say this:

*The .333 on the line is based 2 for 6 for the season
* FTA/40 mins this year = 1.9
* FTA/40 mins last year at CAL = 8.4
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.