Slobbering Sycophant ESPN Announcers

1,753 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
Deutsch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was that an audition to be on the Duke b-ball public relations team? Every minute was filled with some slobbering praise for every aspect of Duke coaching, Duke former players, Duke's current crop of all-world this and that...with but a few scraps of info about Cal players. On the bright side, if the Harlem Globe Trotters ever need announcers who can denigrate the Washington Generals, these two have a highlight tape to use in the interview.
bearister
Two weeks ago when Duke played the Washington Generals in an exhibition game, that same color commentator fawned over Vernon Carey's perfect pantsing technique.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

Two weeks ago when Duke played the Washington Generals in an exhibition game, that same color commentator fawned over Vernon Carey's perfect pantsing technique.

I was at that game. Go Generals....rah, rah, rah.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
Jim Jordan was there but claimed he didn't see the incident.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
Turned off the sound after half.
Go Bears!
BC Calfan
Sciambi is OK. But Dakich is THE WORST. I'm always amazed at how low ESPN sets the bar for their announcers. (see: MNF crew)

New drinking game: Drink every time Dakich says some sort of variation of "I gotta tell ya". You will be hospitalized by halftime.
calbearinamaze
Great public health warning. Alcohol-Poisoning is very real.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
SFCityBear
oskidunker said:

Turned off the sound after half.
KGO radio, 810 on your AM Dial is where Cal is at. Me too. It is a little out of sync with the TV, but I doesn't take much of a multi-tasker to do this. Enjoy!
SFCityBear
bearister said:

Red Klotz called me up and asked me to play in this game. "No way", I told him. I like to keep my pants on, especially when I play in front of thousands. I embarrass easily

Last time, and only time I was pantsed was in the SAE house on Bancroft, and it was Andy Segale of the football team and Dave Marshall from the Cal Crew who did the dirty deed. They pinned me to the floor and emptied a bottle of Ketchup where my pants used to be. Luckily, we had paid the water bill that month, so I had a place to shower.
bearister
I've heard about weird goings on at Chi Psi too.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.