bear mod

1,803 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearGreg
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
can you please provide info on whether Thorpe & Gordon are 100% or close eo 100% physically? Achilles injuries are brutal, and some players never fully recover. thanks
Big C
FWIW, Thorpe "only" suffered a badly sprained ankle (about 11 mos. ago).
helltopay1
and Gordon destroyed his achilles while in high school.....
SFCityBear
Big C said:

I heard he had surgery. Was that incorrect? If it was a sprained ankle, it does not take 11 months to recover, and he was not ready to go when the Cal season started. I've had dozens of sprained ankles in basketball, and always recovered within 2 weeks. I tore a ligament in one ankle, and that one took 6 months to fully recover.
bluesaxe
SFCityBear said:

Big C said:

I heard he had surgery. Was that incorrect? If it was a sprained ankle, it does not take 11 months to recover, and he was not ready to go when the Cal season started. I've had dozens of sprained ankles in basketball, and always recovered within 2 weeks. I tore a ligament in one ankle, and that one took 6 months to fully recover.

I've had sprains that took six weeks. No sprain itself should take 11 months, but if the ligaments have been stretched too often sometimes there's surgery required to tighten them back up again. And ligament tears also can need surgery. 11 months is a really long rehab for anything but a major injury.
Pigskin Pete
bluesaxe said:

SFCityBear said:

Big C said:

I've had sprains that took six weeks. No sprain itself should take 11 months, but if the ligaments have been stretched too often sometimes there's surgery required to tighten them back up again. And ligament tears also can need surgery. 11 months is a really long rehab for anything but a major injury.
My google search says he tore ligaments in his ankle
TheSouseFamily
I wasn't sure what a "bear mod" was, so I googled it and was immediately directed to www.bearmods.com. Interesting place that hell2pay was presumably recommending for us. They sell a variety of plush toys like teddy bears and cuddly stuffed animals for children. But also, something called a "tail anal plug" which appears to have a fox tail attached to an adult fixture of unknown purpose. That'll set you back a cool $90. Seems like an odd thing to sell with children's toys though.

And what does this have to do with Thorpe?
helltopay1
souse: bear mod as in bear moderator. ( bear greg to be precise) both i injuries were very serious and i wanted an update medically. he is closer to the program than any other on the site. gordon appeared sluggish last year though he did have his moments.
TheSouseFamily
helltopay1 said:

souse: bear mod as in bear moderator. ( bear greg to be precise) both i injuries were very serious and i wanted an update medically. he is closer to the program than any other on the site. gordon appeared sluggish last year though he did have his moments.

Oh ok. That makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification. But just so you know, I wasn't judging you.
CALiforniALUM
helltopay1 said:

LOL. You called Bear Greg a plush anal plug. No judging here either.
SFCityBear
bluesaxe said:

SFCityBear said:

Big C said:

I'm not too optimistic that helltopay1 will get an answer to his question. Coaches these days run their programs veiled in secrecy, and often don't want anyone to know if a player is injured, what the injury is, and the severity of the injury. Maybe 30 years ago, and earlier, players were seldom seriously injured, so there was little to report or keep secret. Now injuries have run amok, and every team has them. Every year many teams see their hopes for a good season dashed by a severe injury to a key player, and almost no team goes through a season without a serious injury to someone.

Practices are held in secret, and not open to the public. What are they trying to hide, anyway? What precious facts could we learn from a practice that we could not learn from game films? I can remember when practices held by Newell, Herrerias, and Jim Padgett were all open to the public. I don't know when practices became secretive. At Cal, maybe it started with Ben Braun or a little earlier.
BearGreg
Staff
Answers posted here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.