Anybody just hear Bradley on the post-game show?

2,109 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFCityBear
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Q: Matt what were some of the things the guys learned from the NY trip?

A. (fairly accurate paraphrase) ... a lot of things... we learned a LOT of little things... what to do and how to act on the court and off the court, as basketball players, as team mates and as people

It's probably nothing, but I couldn't keep myself from reading into that.
LateHit
Fox postgame with MacLean (paraphrase):
I have not seen competitive spirit everywhere, so not as many guys played.
helltopay1
Dear big c: what did you read into that??
helltopay1
Dear Late hit: Not a good sign..either some of his players don't belong, or they are not being properly motivated...not impressed either way.
Big C
Dear helltopay1: It was the "off the court" and "as team mates and as people" (again, "quotes" are from my memory, plus I was driving) that struck me that maybe there were some things that happened in the Big Apple (obviously not major things, or we would have already heard more).
89Bear
LateHit said:

Fox postgame with MacLean (paraphrase):
I have not seen competitive spirit everywhere, so not as many guys played.
I don't like the sound of this!!
Big C
Bradley also mentioned something to the effect of the team showing up in NYC with the attitude of playing and competing, but not necessarily of winning.
calbearinamaze
Big C said:

Q: Matt what were some of the things the guys learned from the NY trip?

A. (fairly accurate paraphrase) ... a lot of things... we learned a LOT of little things... what to do and how to act on the court and off the court, as basketball players, as team mates and as people

It's probably nothing, but I couldn't keep myself from reading into that.
I wouldn't want Matt peeved at me even in the slightest.

"what to do and how to act on the court and off the court, as basketball players, as team mates and as people"

is a beautiful statement (like a really good coach) no matter the underlying meaning.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
UrsaMajor
helltopay1 said:

Dear Late hit: Not a good sign..either some of his players don't belong, or they are not being properly motivated...not impressed either way.
Perhaps, HTP, but I think he was more pointing out that some players weren't as motivated in practice during the week. After all, they had just had a grueling 4 games in 9 days with a trip to NYC thrown in. It seemed to me, however, that the rotation seemed pretty normal. Brown didn't play much in the 2nd half, but Fox noted that he just didn't have a great game. Otherwise, the starting lineup was the same, Kelly played, obviously Austin played, as did Thorpe (although only limited minutes), JHD and Gordon also played. So no big deal in my view.
SFCityBear
UrsaMajor said:

helltopay1 said:

Perhaps, HTP, but I think he was more pointing out that some players weren't as motivated in practice during the week. After all, they had just had a grueling 4 games in 9 days with a trip to NYC thrown in. It seemed to me, however, that the rotation seemed pretty normal. Brown didn't play much in the 2nd half, but Fox noted that he just didn't have a great game. Otherwise, the starting lineup was the same, Kelly played, obviously Austin played, as did Thorpe (although only limited minutes), JHD and Gordon also played. So no big deal in my view.
I think one of the radio announcers said that Brown was recovering from the flu and indicated he might not be 100% yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.