ESPN Lastest Transfer Rankings

2,933 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is really interesting. Please see the "eligible transfers" list at the end.

(On a personal note: If Mike Smith and/or Patrick Tape end up at Tuscon as part of
slimy Sean Miller's annual reload.........I will shred my Columbia grad degree,
put the remains in a baggie, and leave it the corner of 114th and Broadway).

GO BEARS!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
TheSouseFamily
Well, on the bright side, Quinton Adlesh went from being a 14 point scorer at Columbia to a 3 point scorer at USC. Shady Sean Miller can have all those guys he wants.
SFCityBear
TheSouseFamily said:

Well, on the bright side, Quinton Adlesh went from being a 14 point scorer at Columbia to a 3 point scorer at USC. Shady Sean Miller can have all those guys he wants.
On the other hand, Columbia's Grant Mullins was one of the best transfers Cal ever landed.

And Sean Miller, what ever we think of him, is very adept at identifying and landing good transfers like Kadeem Allen, Mark Lyons, and TJ McConnell.
PtownBear1
That Columbia PF at #4 sounds ideal.
calbearinamaze
SFCityBear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

On the other hand, Columbia's Grant Mullins was one of the best transfers Cal ever landed.

And Sean Miller, what ever we think of him, is very adept at identifying and landing good transfers like Kadeem Allen, Mark Lyons, and TJ McConnell.
This its:

Jamerl Baker
Max Hazzard
and Cornell GT Stone Gettings

"adept" may be an understatement. He does extremely well.
calbearinamaze
PtownBear1 said:

That Columbia PF at #4 sounds ideal.
Would be nice.....

Here's an article:

http://ivyhoopsonline.com/2019/11/02/no-treats-for-columbia-as-patrick-tape-leaves-the-program-on-halloween/
SFCityBear
bearup said:

SFCityBear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

This its:

Jamerl Baker
Max Hazzard
and Cornell GT Stone Gettings

"adept" may be an understatement. He does extremely well.
I don't think we know much yet about these three. They could become great, but we just don't know. Baker did very little at Kentucky, and the other two will be jumping up to much better competition. Right now they are all coming off the bench and not playing a lot. Allen, Lyons, and McConnell were starters at AZ from the git go. McConnell and Allen were two of the best players Arizona ever had.

One other thing Miller seems adept at is finding players who can (maybe with Miller's help) convince the NCAA to let them play right away without sitting out a year. I can understand the rationale for Baker, but why is Hazzard not require to sit a year?
KoreAmBear
Can we get the PF 4* from Iowa State maybe Andrew Francis recruited him?
calbearinamaze
KoreAmBear said:

Now, that's the kind of innovative thinking we need.

But there's this ........ there are some clips of Luke on YouTube if you REALLY want to waste your time.
calbearinamaze
SFCityBear said:

One other thing Miller seems adept at is finding players who can (maybe with Miller's help) convince the NCAA to let them play right away without sitting out a year. I can understand the rationale for Baker, but why is Hazzard not require to sit a year?
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Either I'd forgotten or never knew....Hazzard, like Gettings, is a grad-transfer.

AND we had a shot (Gotta say, though, this write-up makes him seem like Walt)

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/21/ncaa-basketball-graduate-transfer-max-hazzard-seven-schools/3/
calbearinamaze
What do you folks think about the

Sit-out transfers eligible for the 2020-21 season Top 50 ?

Which includes the "3 guys who left": Sueing #13, McNeill #18 and Vanover #44.

PtownBear1
bearup said:

I think Vanover should be ranked higher
calbearinamaze
PtownBear1 said:

bearup said:

I think Vanover should be ranked higher
I agree. Putting aside the higher ceiling he may have....some of the guys ahead of him have only 1-2 years left.
Also, Arkansas is very guard-oriented and doesn't seem to have a bevy of bigs on the horizon.

Oh well....subjectivity??????
KoreAmBear
bearup said:

KoreAmBear said:

But there's this ........ there are some clips of Luke on YouTube if you REALLY want to waste your time.
He'd be an exciting get:

calbearinamaze
KoreAmBear said:

bearup said:

KoreAmBear said:

He'd be an exciting get:
Yes, sir. There is that.

Unfortunately, his highlight reel is counter-balanced slightly:

*He did not play a minute at ISU
*The coach did not overly distraught to bid him adieu

I, too, wish him well.

SFCityBear
bearup said:

SFCityBear said:

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Either I'd forgotten or never knew....Hazzard, like Gettings, is a grad-transfer.

AND we had a shot (Gotta say, though, this write-up makes him seem like Walt)

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/21/ncaa-basketball-graduate-transfer-max-hazzard-seven-schools/3/

Thanks, it was great, and I hope your Thanksgiving was great as well.

I was depending on my reading of Max Hazzard's stats on sports-reference, where showed him playing 2017, 2018, and 2019 at UC Irvine and I mistakenly took it for granted that he was a senior transfer. I should have dug a little deeper. I guess he did not play as a freshman at UCI due to injury or something else, or played elsewhere for a team that did not qualify as a D1 year.

Thanks for the article. There was a lot of hoopla over Max, which looking at his career, seems to be mostly about his performance in the 2019 Big West Tournament, which was apparently better than his regular season numbers in 2019, which were OK, but not remarkable, IMO. 12.5 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds in 26 minutes per game.

At Arizona so far, he has averaged 6 points, 2 assists and 2 rebounds in 17 minutes. I would expect this dropoff, since the PAC12 is a level or two above the Big West. He is perhaps a fill in guy who can come in and make a couple of threes off the bench, but not an impact player. I wonder why he didn't sign with Pittsburgh, which sounded like a great fit for a player who wants get more minutes in a better conference, to prove he can play at the next level, maybe even the NBA. Maybe his brother Jacob who previously played for Miller at Arizona recommended Arizona to Max. In any case, if Max is one quarter the player grandpa Walt was, he will be a great player at Arizona, all IMO. I wish him well, except against Cal.
KoreAmBear
bearup said:

This is really interesting. Please see the "eligible transfers" list at the end.

(On a personal note: If Mike Smith and/or Patrick Tape end up at Tuscon as part of

GO BEARS!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

Speaking of transfers, Charlie Moore looking smooth v. Minnesota right now. I think he's on a different level than Sueing, McNeill and Vanover.
KoreAmBear
KoreAmBear said:

bearup said:

GO BEARS!!!!!

Speaking of transfers, Charlie Moore looking smooth v. Minnesota right now. I think he's on a different level than Sueing, McNeill and Vanover.
I think with like 4 minutes left he's got 21 and like 10 assists, playing good D too. Man I miss that guy.
calbearinamaze
KoreAmBe said:

I think with like 4 minutes left he's got 21 and like 10 assists, playing good D too. Man I miss that guy.
Depaul wins. Charlie 21 & 12

Do yourself a favor and check out Gopherhole=>lol

https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/threads/official-depaul-at-minnesota-in-game-thread.93755
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.