Akinjo transferring

7,029 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by helltopay1
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
helltopay1 said:

Dear Odonto: He will probably go elsewhere & contribute to the overall success of that team. but, we are Cal. We would rather be pure and go 0-30 rather than go 17-13 with such "tainted athletes." Good luck with fan attendance by saying, in effect, come to our games---we're 0-30 every year, but, " We do it thge right way." No thanks..
Akinjo would surely get us a win or two or three. He is a very good player on court when not absorbed in JA. A mere buyer beware post. Roll the dice. Take your chances
bluesaxe
helltopay1 said:

Dear Saxe: Psychologists. Obviously, Psych wasn't your major or minor--I believe this is taught in High school psych classes. Naturally, the "foundation" is only the foundation, but, the generalization still stands up for scrutiny in most cases. Look at yourself in the mirror today....then look at your photos when you were two years old..see the uncanny resemblance?????you can';t see your brain when you were two years old, but, much of your personality traits and dispositions were being baked in thge cake at that tender age. I accept credit cards also...
My name isn't Saxe.

No, psych wasn't my major. I have a fair amount of experience working with foster kids, and training in child development in order to do that. I asked you which experts. You gave me a bunch of nonsense about "believing" that this is taught in high school psych classes. If that is similar in quality to what is taught in high school history classes (my major at Cal), it's a joke.

You came within a ballpark distance (center field fence) of almost describing some sort of type or trait theory, i.e. some of the older versions of personality development. But there are many different theories on personality and cognitive development, and as far as I know none of them agree with your initial statement. Your "theory" ignores the ways in which both negative influences (such as trauma, abuse, separation from parents) and positive influences can change a personality. It's worth noting that personality theorists don't even agree on what "personality means, much less on when and how it's developed and what external forces affect and shape it.

"Psychologists" was not an answer to my question.
oski003
Arizona
helltopay1
Dear Bluesaxe: Saxe was short for Bluesaxe. A thousand apologies. The "nature vs nurture" question has been around since Adam & Eve. it's a numbers game. 80/20? 70/30? 60/40? 55/45? You get the point..but, maybe you don't. In any event, I'm sure you're a fine fellow and I wish you a happy & prosperous new year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.