Bill Walton is now only #2

5,203 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BeachedBear
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
stu said:

More like guess since I'm too old to remember who has posted what. I'd say positive correlation.
between which political view and like/not like
stu
UrsaMajor said:

stu said:

More like guess since I'm too old to remember who has posted what. I'd say positive correlation.
Guessing left correlates positively with like.
UrsaMajor
stu said:

UrsaMajor said:

stu said:

Guessing left correlates positively with like.
FWIW, I consider myself progressive and HATE Walton.
HoopDreams
I like Walton although as I said, I probably only see him one or two times/year

For me, reading his book is part of the reason why

Big Dog
stu said:

I'm not trying to start a war on either topic but I wonder how well opinions on Walton's announcing correlate with opinions on politics.
Besides Bill's well known interest in weed, I do not remember any of his politics. And besides, he's like the Crazy Uncle that you try to hide at Holiday Time. No one believes anything he says anyway, politics or no.
Cal8285
stu said:

I dunno, maybe once upon a time that was true. Maybe those few left who can tolerate him have a positive correlation with wacky political views. Or not.

I am among those who used to like Walton, when he had balance between basketball analysis and tangential riffing. I read his last book, I liked it.

But now, as an analyst, he is totally out of balance and a caricature of himself. I like what Walton showed he could be as a wacky college basketball analyst. I liked his political and other riffs. Crazy, funny stuff mixed in with good basketball analysis.

I just can't stomach it anymore because he is so out of balance. Even the basketball analysis he takes to an extreme. The content doesn't bother me, but the basketball analysis has stopped being all that good and the non-basketball stuff is way out of balance. Ugh.
HoopDreams

SFCityBear
HoopDreams said:

Jaylen does not seem to be paying attention.
BeachedBear
SFCityBear said:

HoopDreams said:

Jaylen does not seem to be paying attention.
It's called a 'contact high'
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.