The little things that win games

1,112 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by helltopay1
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A play like this is often unnoticed

...but they help win games...

Watch the OT tip

bearister
The first play shown is Lars' tip in from a missed shot. That play is there to take by any Big willing to crash the boards that is familiar enough with his teammates that he has that split second of anticipation where he crashes the board and gets in position to put the missed shot in. Few do it anymore even though it is an great way to get points for a player that doesn't receive a lot of passes. You have to think of the backboard as a generous teammate willing to pass to you anytime you want it.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
stu
bearister said:

You have to think of the backboard as a generous teammate willing to pass to you anytime you want it.
Evelien Lutje Schipholt said a missed shot is an assist. Either way I like the attitude.
SFCityBear
stu said:

bearister said:

You have to think of the backboard as a generous teammate willing to pass to you anytime you want it.
Evelien Lutje Schipholt said a missed shot is an assist. Either way I like the attitude.
How times have changed. Oscar Robertson said that when he played in the NBA, if the player receiving the pass took a dribble or a step after catching the pass, then he was not credited with an assist. A pass to a teammate for any jump shot or a perimeter shot was not awarded an assist. Now almost anything is an assist.
bearister
stu said:

bearister said:

Mods, can you please remove this comment to the Women's Basketball Board. Thank you.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
stu said:

bearister said:

Evelien plays like Jorge. All out.
helltopay1
The biggest 'little thing" is having more talent than thge other team. when that happens, you usually win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.