Can Cal get its first PAC12 Road win at Pauley Pavilion?

1,055 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFCityBear
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Winning on the road in pre-conference play is more doable, but winning road games in the PAC12, where the arenas are hostile, and where teams and fans, have plenty of history, is difficult, even for the best teams, as Oregon proved last night, losing to WSU in the Palouse.

That being said, I think there is a good chance for an upset against UCLA in Pauley, where they are only 6-4 at home. The game will depend largely on matchups, as always, but a big factor will be whether can shake off the emotion of getting blown out by USC, and get back to playing the way they are capable of playing. They need to believe that UCLA is still in disarray, and we can take these guys.

Go Bears!
oskidunker
We dont play well on the road. Period.
Go Bears!
LMK5
UCLA has been painful to watch. Stanford just won at Pauley for the first time in 15 years. Cal State Fullerton (not a misprint) and Hofstra have also won there this season. UCLA is folding in the second half. There is nothing for Cal to fear, but I guess I could also say the same to UCLA, unfortunately.
Econ141
oskidunker said:

We dont play well on the road. Period.

We don't play well. Period.
calgo430
second the motion. looks like a loss.
oskidunker
We shoot 50% free throws on the road and about 80% at home. Crazy.
Go Bears!
SFCityBear
oskidunker said:

We shoot 50% free throws on the road and about 80% at home. Crazy.
Remember that clip from Hoosiers where the coach takes the team on the court prior to the state championship and has the kids measure the height of the basket, and it was 10 feet, just like their school gym. That clip should be required viewing for the Cal team, over and over, prior to any road games, until they start making the FTs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.