Saved by the Greek!

2,661 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As the UCLA game wound down, a small part of me wanted the Bears to NOT get to 40 points, just to fuel some outrage within the team and elsewhere, but most of me DESPERATELY wanted us to get to at least 40. Why does that even matter? Because it does; it just does...

It didn't look like we were going to make it, until... Dimitrios Klonaras from the baseline... NOTHING BUT NET!!!

Opa! I went straight for a shot of Ouzo and then broke a few plates!
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

As the UCLA game wound down, a small part of me wanted the Bears to NOT get to 40 points, just to fuel some outrage within the team and elsewhere, but most of me DESPERATELY wanted us to get to at least 40. Why does that even matter? Because it does; it just does...

It didn't look like we were going to make it, until... Dimitrios Klonaras from the baseline... NOTHING BUT NET!!!

Opa! I went straight for a shot of Ouzo and then broke a few plates!
Hey if he can shoot get him on the court.
helltopay1
don't get too attached to the greekster: He hails from for away and, at best, he will be a rotation player for the next three years. Not exactly optimal unless he loves Top Dog, Telegraph ave, Antifa , Black Lives Matter and 14 students showing up for every game. "Do you believe in miracles?"
bluesaxe
helltopay1 said:

don't get too attached to the greekster: He hails from for away and, at best, he will be a rotation player for the next three years. Not exactly optimal unless he loves Top Dog, Telegraph ave, Antifa , Black Lives Matter and 14 students showing up for every game. "Do you believe in miracles?"

would you stop posting the idiotic political bull***** This is a basketball board.
BearlyCareAnymore
helltopay1 said:

Dear Saxe: Somebody forgot to take his meds today. "14 students " showing up at Haas is only a slight exaggeration. Quibble with my math, if you must, but, you cannot dispute the fact that the great majority of Cals' students couldn't distinguish between Haas, House, Hearse, or hot. And, if you don't think that Peoples' park, telegraph ave, etc are drawbacks rather than attractions to prospective recruits, well, then, either you're taking the wrong meds or your therapist should have his/her certificate revoked. BTW, may I introduce you to the first amendment...I hope you are sitting down. Someday, I'd like to buy you a beer. Of course, you'll have to provide proof of age.

Okay Boomer
Big C

Is "OK Silent Generation" a thing?
helltopay1
Dear Oaktown: You didn't insult me. Somehow I feel disappointed. You have my blessings.
TheSouseFamily
You guys are brave going after Helltopay. He'll rip your head off and add to his smoothie if you're not careful.

calbearinamaze
helltopay1 said:

Hey HTP2,

What's up???

If I didn't believe in miracles, I couldn't be CAL fan.

helltopay1
Dear Souse: order anything. Everything is on the house. ( or haas) You and your family have a lifetime pass at HTP's bar & grill. In thge immortal words of Cory Booker, " I feel like Spartacus." BTW< if you've never heard of Cory Booker, not to worry....nobody else has either. Almost time for breakfast.
helltopay1
Dear Bearup: "What's up"? That's what my girl friend said last night. Good post. You also have my blessings. In order to believe in miracles, you have to believe that God ( I apologize for thge atheists on board) has the power to perform them. God gave up on Cal sometime around 1970. I suppose I could try to contact him, but, he's ( sorry for thge feminists on board) awfully busy these days. ( he'a trying to prevent Baseball from becoming extinct) Good luck with that.
Civil Bear
helltopay1 said:

Dear Bearup: "What's up"? That's what my girl friend said last night. Good post. You also have my blessings. In order to believe in miracles, you have to believe that God ( I apologize for thge atheists on board) has the power to perform them. God gave up on Cal sometime around 1970. I suppose I could try to contact him, but, he's ( sorry for thge feminists on board) awfully busy these days. ( he'a trying to prevent Baseball from becoming extinct) Good luck with that.

Dear Hell: The Play was in '82. Cal apparently sold its soul for that miracle.

BTW: "girlfriend"? I thought you were ancient. Shouldn't you be dating someone your own age?
Big C
So, maybe Klonaras has earned a few extra minutes this weekend. Let's see what he can do!
BeachedBear
Big C said:

So, maybe Klonaras has earned a few extra minutes this weekend. Let's see what he can do!
Klonaras? I thought this thread was about Helltopay1 (or 2)!!!
Big C
BeachedBear said:

Big C said:

Klonaras? I thought this thread was about Helltopay1 (or 2)!!!
LOL, I started the damn thread and it's about the emergence of Dimitrios Klonaras! The guy kept us from having a game where we only scored in the 30s!
BearlyCareAnymore
helltopay1 said:

Dear Oaktown: You didn't insult me. Somehow I feel disappointed. You have my blessings.

Dear helltopay

So no insult intended with this, but it always surprises me how people forget that what might appeal to them or repel them does not hold true for everyone. Youth are not turned off by the same things older generations are.

I am 50. I grew up in the Bay Area. One of the favorite ways to spend a Friday or Saturday night among my high school classmates was to head to UC Berkeley generally and Telegraph specifically. Kids loved the energy and vibrancy despite the homelessness and drugs that might turn you off, and those issues were much worse in my day on south side than they are now. Kids love Telegraph. Not all of them, but it is very popular. I think you and many others who see it as a detriment to recruiting forget that we are not recruiting 50 year old suburbanites to play basketball

Frankly I think many of you forget what it was like to be 17.

That was actually the reason for my response
helltopay1
Dear Oak: forget????We got drunk every weekend from the ages of 16-21. Jail???You bet..Almost jail??You bet. Fights on the weekend??You bet. Watched stag films on the weekend??You bet. In those days, they were called stag films. Made out with girls for 3 hours with or without something extra??You bet. hung our teachers out the window at old Lowell High school for the hell of it???You bet. Set off cherry bombs at various locations in SF for the hell of it??You bet. Always wound up at Mel's or Otts or Hippos ( all in SF) for burgers, fries and milkshakes at 3.00AM after raising hell in the city???You bet. forget?? Russian River every weekend during thge summer chasing dames and getting a sun-tan??You bet. I'm glad you are 50. i wish I were 50 again.
helltopay1
Dear Civil: I am ancient. And, m y girl friend is 7 years younger. don't laugh---you'll get there soon enough.
TheSouseFamily
Big C

Dimitrios gonna take it to Furd on Sunday and then tell them they can eat his gyros!
calbearinamaze
Big C said:

Dimitrios gonna take it to Furd on Sunday and then tell them they can eat his gyros!
That would be excellent.

The way Kareem South's been shooting (21% in conference), we need all the help we can get.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.