Story Poster
Photo by calbears.com
Cal Basketball

Bradley Earns Spot On All-Pac-12 Squad

March 9, 2020

SAN FRANCISCO – Men’s basketball sophomore guard Matt Bradley picked up his first career end-of-year honor, earning a spot on the All-Pac-12 team. Bradley is an All-Pac-12 Second Team selection, the league office announced Monday.

The San Bernardino, Calif. Product has enjoyed a stellar sophomore campaign for the Bears after averaging 17.5 points, 43.9 percent shooting and racking up 64 3-pointers across 31 games. He averaged 17.4 points in Pac-12 play. Bradley ranks sixth in the league in scoring and second in free throw percentage, shooting 86.6 percent (129-149) at the stripe.

Bradley poured in 20 or more points in 11 games thus far this season and has scored in double figures in all but two games, and twice tallied a career-high 26 points. Twice this season, he was named Pac-12 Player of the Week after helping Cal to weekend home sweeps over the Washington and Mountain schools.

The second-year guard is one of 15 players named to the league’s first or second team, which is voted upon by all 12 Pac-12 head coaches. Coaches are not permitted to vote for themselves or their own players for the honors.

Bradley and the Bears open Pac-12 Tournament action on Wednesday when No. 10-seed Cal faces No. 7-seed Stanford at 6 p.m. from T-Mobile Arena and live on Pac-12 Networks.

Discussion from...

Bradley Earns Spot On All-Pac-12 Squad

3,916 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LOUMFSG2
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Matt Bradley !
Go Bears !
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
socaltownie
Well deserved. Matt has worked so hard on his game and really the sky is the limit. I would love to see him work harder on getting his shot off while moving - he should watch warriors film on how hard Clay will run around to get open (not Steph levels but still pretty impressive). If he could force guys to close on him coming off down screens he would be near unstoppable until he got gassed as he can take guys off the dribble 90% of the time when they do that or stick a 3 if they don't.
Take care of your Chicken
Big C
I had Bradley on my First Team, but I guess it was a close call.

Interesting: When was the last time that no team got more than one player on the 10-man First Team? Maybe it's happened fairly recently, but not to my recollection.

First Team

Stuart
Elleby
Pritchard
Tinkle
Da Silva
Chris Smith
Wright IV
Owongku
Nnajji
Cognac

(might've misspelled any of those last 3)
bearister
Go Matt! Go Bears!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
deserved first team over stewert

calumnus
Congrats Matt!
Bearprof
One of my favorite Cal players In a long time. He's got the goods, along with a little swagger.
LOUMFSG2
Big C said:

I had Bradley on my First Team, but I guess it was a close call.

Interesting: When was the last time that no team got more than one player on the 10-man First Team? Maybe it's happened fairly recently, but not to my recollection.

First Team

Stuart
Elleby
Pritchard
Tinkle
Da Silva
Chris Smith
Wright IV
Owongku
Nnajji
Cognac

(might've misspelled any of those last 3)
Ha - took me a while to figure out who the last one was!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.