Cal offers 2024 Katie Fiso

7,081 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wbbilluminati
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal has offered Katie Fiso, a 2024 guard from the Seattle-area. Her sister Meghan is a freshman at Michigan and played at Garfield HS with Dalayah.

She also holds offers from Boise State, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Washington State, and is currently a top-5 guard in her class and the best on the west coast.

wbbilluminati
I've heard buzz about her before. Expected to be big-time.

Lots of talent in WA state. There's a school Eastside Catholic that could very well have 3 guards from the c/o 2023 ranked top 25 nationally: Miracle Sheppard, Malia Samuels, and Imbie Jones.
bearwbbfan
wbbilluminati said:

Lots of talent in WA state. There's a school Eastside Catholic that could very well have 3 guards from the c/o 2023 ranked top 25 nationally: Miracle Sheppard, Malia Samuels, and Imbie Jones.
Mjracle Sheppard is now at Montverde in Florida, but yes, that's a really good '23 class in Washington. There is also a 6-5 forward Olivia Anderson who is supposed to be really good.

Oregon also has two good point guards, Donovyn Hunter and Sofia Bell in the '23 class.
wvitbear
From those that I have seen, I like Breya Cunningham. a 6'4" center from LaJolla Country Day. Up here i like Abigail Muse's sister whom I don't know her first name. Again around 6'4" tall and already skilled. Saw both play as freshman at BOD.

This will be the first season in about 40 years I won't see any high school ball.
puget sound cal fan
I recall viewing Daniel's HS highlight videos and seeing flashes of teammate Fiso shooting, passing and running the break. She looked very skilled and poised as, what, a freshman, in those HS vids.? Charmin doubled back and has made an offer to Fiso. With Daniels and Heide, a probable AAU teammate, as Bears, Charmin has an edge in signing her.
annarborbear
puget sound cal fan said:

I recall viewing Daniel's HS highlight videos and seeing flashes of teammate Fiso shooting, passing and running the break. She looked very skilled and poised as, what, a freshman, in those HS vids.? Charmin doubled back and has made an offer to Fiso. With Daniels and Heide, a probable AAU teammate, as Bears, Charmin has an edge in signing her.
My recollection is that it was the older Fiso sister, now at Michigan, who was in the videos. and she was playing against Daniels on the opposing team. But the older sister looked great, and it sounds like the younger sister may now be even better,
wbbilluminati
I believe the older Fiso indeed played against Dalayah most of HS then transferred to team up with her as a senior winning state together.

The older Fiso was skilled though yet to see the floor much at UM. I think the previous staff with Gottlieb was looking at her but she committed to UM pretty early.

The younger Fiso seems physically built for the more elite level. A more rangy and elastic athlete.

I think there's another younger sister in WA with an impressive pedigree. Former NC State standout Aislinn Konig (though lists Canada as her home) I believe has a younger sister who is also said to be even better but I forget which class. Has been written about by ProspectsNation
bearwbbfan
wbbilluminati said:

I believe the older Fiso indeed played against Dalayah most of HS then transferred to team up with her as a senior winning state together.

The older Fiso was skilled though yet to see the floor much at UM. I think the previous staff with Gottlieb was looking at her but she committed to UM pretty early.

The younger Fiso seems physically built for the more elite level. A more rangy and elastic athlete.

I think there's another younger sister in WA with an impressive pedigree. Former NC State standout Aislinn Konig (though lists Canada as her home) I believe has a younger sister who is also said to be even better but I forget which class. Has been written about by ProspectsNation
Yes, Mack Konig has visited Cal before: https://instagr.am/p/B5Opw8UjIoF

Mack plays for the Austrian junior national teams, while Aislinn played for the Canadian teams.
Intuit
is Charman recruiting Mack Konig?

Jackson sophomore makes area girls basketball history | HeraldNet.com

Jackson sophomore part of Austrian women's U-16 national team | HeraldNet.com
Harborview
wbbilluminati
Fiso mentioned in this recent PN write up: https://prospectsnation.com/story/seattle-spotlight-2023-2024-edition

Also mentioned another PG in that class from Arizona, Shay Ijiwoye. Believe she is already on Stanford's radar.

Speaking of Stanford, I saw CA 2023 guard Chloe Briggs picked up a Stanford offer recently to add to an earlier Oregon offer: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/242019
wbbilluminati
bearwbbfan said:

wbbilluminati said:

Mjracle Sheppard is now at Montverde in Florida, but yes, that's a really good '23 class in Washington. There is also a 6-5 forward Olivia Anderson who is supposed to be really good.

Oregon also has two good point guards, Donovyn Hunter and Sofia Bell in the '23 class.
Anderson looks great. 6'5" with a game like Elena Delle Donne.
puget sound cal fan
I know Charmin and the Bears have been focused on backcourt talent, but Small Forward appears to be a position that could use a talent infusion and added depth. Any word on who Charmin & Co. may be looking at?
wbbilluminati
Not sure! Seems like we only have a pair of spots for 2022 left if that.

Not sure what our needs would be if any!

Jayda Adams guard from Mater Dei & Duke as a grad transfer might be intriguing.

wbbilluminati
SFCALBear72
wbbilluminati said:

Do you think we will reach out to her? Mutual interest?
annarborbear
SFCALBear72 said:

wbbilluminati said:

Do you think we will reach out to her? Mutual interest?

Here is her high school mixtape, including playing with Daniels:

Meghan Fiso 5'10 Garfield HS State Champion Senior Yr. Mixtape | Michigan Commit (awprofilms.com)

Very good player in high school, but not sure she is the outside shooter we should now be looking for.

However, might help land her younger sister, who is better, in the future.
wbbilluminati
Hard to say. On one hand seems she struggled adjusting to college game but then again UM had it's best season/team ever this past year. Kind of doubt we'd heavily go after her...
Schroeder71
wvitbear-I was looking forward to this season because of the absolutely "loaded" senior classes at Archbishop Mitty & Pinewood. Mitty had seven quality seniors returning and Pinewood had four senior starters returning (including my niece's daughter, Courtni Thompson. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for those girls...
wbbilluminati
Meghan Fiso to San Diego State
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.