w-pac tourney info

1,574 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HoopDreams
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://pac-12.com/article/2021/02/24/pac-12-update-attendance-policy-2021-mens-womens-basketball-tournaments

conference is making an effort to admit family to m/w's tourney games..

coverage..
https://pac-12.com/article/2021/02/24/pac-12-networks-provide-depth-coverage-2021-pac-12-womens-basketball-tournament
Wednesday, March 3
    Game 1: No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed
    • 11 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. MT on Pac-12 Network
and so forth.
calbear80
It was just three or four years ago when Cal had a good coach and a good team and Cal WBB was exciting to watch.

It was only five or six years ago when Cal WBB won the Pac-12 (ok, Cal was the co-champion).

It was only seven or eight years when Cal WBB was in the Final Four.

And, today under Knowlton and Knowlton's hand-picked coach, Cal WBB is 1-14.

Is this year's Pac-12 WBB Tournament something that a Cal fan can watch without getting depressed?

Go Bears, Bring Back Respect To Cal BB!
Ashfield63
calbear80 said:

It was just three or four years ago when Cal had a good coach and a good team and Cal WBB was exciting to watch.

It was only five or six years ago when Cal WBB won the Pac-12 (ok, Cal was the co-champion).

Are you aware of what has happened????? Three potential starters( 2 sophomore and one freshman), all guards and very good 3-point shooters out with season ending injuries at the start of a delayed season. Also, because of Covid-19, many players were not on campus during the summer working out., The players are all freshman and sophomores. Charmin had to start walk-ons when players were injured and couldn't play in a game or two. Last weekend, this young team almost beat Arizona, 10th in the Nation. Last Sunday they handled Arizona State for their 1st Pac-12 win of the season. Many teams stopped playing all together throughout the country because of Covid and a lack of scholarship players. Charmin and these young student athletes are not giving up. They have improved so much! Charmin will bring the Bears back to being competitive in a very strong Pac-12 conference. Charmin took over with the bare bones of a program after Lindsay left for a position with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Kristine Anigwe graduated. Just stop the negativity!

It was only seven or eight years when Cal WBB was in the Final Four.

And, today under Knowlton and Knowlton's hand-picked coach, Cal WBB is 1-14.

Is this year's Pac-12 WBB Tournament something that a Cal fan can watch without getting depressed?

polarbear
Its not just WBB, Cal FB, MBB, and WBB have an aggregate record of 5-33 this year in conference play and I believe winless against our other three California rivals.
BearBint
Quote:

...Is this year's Pac-12 WBB Tournament something that a Cal fan can watch without getting depressed?

calbear80, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you had been asleep for the past 11.5 months. I have nothing but respect for Charmin and her team, playing their best (and studying their best) under the most difficult circumstances imaginable.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
HoopDreams
in a season like this, you look for progress, a good play here, a nice shot there

Mia shot poorly today, but she's got a great release:

Nice dime and finish on fast break:

great post score by Samb against a double:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.